Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

Since Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS cannot be updated to A21 beyond the default zombie types, the original collection are pretty much obsolete.
However, the alternative above may offer something to give Server Admin a server side only feature to keep their communities entertained.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please select the correct build for your set up.

A20 Stable (20.7 b1) - https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2023April29

And this is an archived build for any players still using A19.

A19 - https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Oct31

And an optional A20 Party Pack Starter Kit to ease players back into the first few days of a new World.
https://github.com/arramus/A20SnufkinPartyPackStarterKit

INTRODUCTION

Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies Plus is a combination of Snufkin's Server Side Custom Zombies and additional community made zombies as an integrated 'PLUS Add On'. There are currently 45 entities (15 Snufkin and 30 Snufkin PLUS)

We attempted to run the PLUS zombies as a stand alone mod but spawning was unstable and it was better to combine them together.

The Snufkin Custom Zombies Plus contains the following entities:

1. All of the well known Snufkin's Server Side Custom Zombies (In alphabetical order)

- Archon
- Banshee
- Bomber
- Cowhead
- Geist
- Juggernaut
- Mantis
- Parasite
- Psycho
- Scarecrow
- Scorcher
- Siren
- Undertaker
- Wendigo
- Wrestler

2. PLUS Add On Server Side Custom Zombies (In alphabetical order)

- Bogeyman (arramus)

- Crispy (arramus)

- Demolition Derby (arramus)

- Geist Archer (Snufkin base with edits by arramus - based on Tipsy Squatch Gaming/Evil Spartan's concept and intensive testing)

- Golden Juggernaut (Snufkin base with edits by arramus - based on Tipsy Squatch Gaming/Evil Spartan's concept and intensive testing)
- Gunslinger Wight (arramus)

- Hammer Spammer (arramus - based on ShoudenKalferas request for White River archetypes)

- Hell Bear (oakraven)
- Hell Boar (oakraven)
- Hell Flyer (oakraven - Inspired by @Robeloto)
- Hell Lion (oakraven)
- Hell Shocker (oakraven)
- Hell Wolf (oakraven)

- Hisser (arramus - based on Tipsy Squatch Gaming/Evil Spartan's concept and intensive testing with Snufkin Banshee and Mantis elements)
- Mittens (arramus - @Lonestarcanuck request)
- Momma Tree Barker (arramus)

- Mother Clucker (Inspired by Catman)
- Motorhead (arramus)

- Navezgane Slasher (arramus)

- Oni  (Blue and Red versions - arramus)
- Paindeer (arramus - based on @kdthehun's Rudolph suggestion - Sorry about the nose and light color and lack of Santa hat. Advice needed on those)

- Pogo (arramus)
- Shark WFLB (arramus)
- Snow Bear (arramus with support from oakraven to consider an appropriate texture)

- Spider Pipe Bomber (arramus)
- Spider Glider (arramus)

- Tipsy Pink Squatch (arramus - Tipsy Squatch Gaming)

- Tipsy Squatch (arramus - Tipsy Squatch Gaming)

- Wight Radiation Shower (arramus - based on, and directly using code from bdubyah's 'Feral Ghoul' from 'The Wasteland' Mod)

- Zombie Direwolf (oakraven and arramus)

As with the spirit of Snufkin's original concept and suggestions to the community, there is no stopping other modders from expanding on the originals in their own direction just as we are doing here.

CUSTOMISING GAMEPLAY

The entitygroups.xml (default can be found with the Config folder along with alternative versions within the Server Admin Spawning Options folder) is the first place for Server Admin/Hosts/Players to check if you would like to customise the Snufkin Zombies PLUS experience. If you would like a challenge, the default version is for you. If you prefer a more relaxed environment, then there is a lite_version in the additional options folder which can be renamed and moved to replace the default. The lite_version has all the Snufkin Zombies PLUS characters, but at a lower probability to appear. The lighter version is appropriate for new Worlds which can create a very high density of custom zombies until more regions unlock and allow them to spread out. There is also a version for Horde Night only and no Horde Night for each type. If you run the Horde Night only version you will receive a spawning.xml error since that file will no longer see the entitygroups for regular non horde night game play. That will tell you it's working ^^. You can delete the spawning.xml file to remove these warnings if you only want to use the Horde Night only version.

FAQ About Customising:-

Q.1 How exactly do I remove a zombie, such as the flying shark?

A.1 Go to the entitygroups.xml file and delete every entry which looks similar to this (note the number at the end is different in different areas and versions)
<entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.075"/>

In the default entitygroups.xml there are currently 8 entries for the flying shark in regular day time and night time groups and removing them is a fast process.

However, there are 322 entries in the bottom section which regulates the spawning for a Blood Moon Horde Night event. It is a lot to remove, but they are split into 7 groups where each group has an identical value. Using a tool such as Notepad++ will allow you to delete them in large batches automatically.

Q.2 I want more flying sharks to appear. How do I achieve this?
A.1 Go to the entitygroups.xml file and look for all entries similar to this: <entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.075"/>
Change the prob="0.075" value to a higher value such as prob="0.15". Finding a value which suits your gameplay is subjective and the best value is what feels most appropriate through trial and error.

CREDITS

Thank you, as always, to @Snufkin for the base, and @Slawa for a wealth of support in the beginning. In addition, @Dre , @BubbaJoe , @Catman and @Ti2xGr have been adding their very own unique modifications to create an environment that suits their players; some of which we have gratefully incorporated into this Plus version.

Some of the new PLUS entities

20210520012402_1.thumb.jpg.ca61fc538442064a79252bc38bff4f41.jpg

20210503151720_1.thumb.jpg.e83d190793fc809db8d44ceb83d55b56.jpg

@oakravenis incredibly active in the background and specializes in both stabilising existing mods and creating new mods. Here are oakraven's land based 'Hell group' zombies with Archon standing among them. These new characters ustilise their wings for additional jump height and will add to the demands of defending your base. Hell Lion, Hell Boar, Hell Wolf, and Hell Bear make a formidable team and will certainly come out in force during a Blood Moon event.

20201125014445_1.thumb.jpg.3545b55d4f7c0cdf3cac758dfe2cc3b4.jpg

This is one which arramus always wanted to bring into game play as an entity ever since he spied the concept within Snufkin's base mod. The Shark WFLB is a play on a 'James Bond' type evil villain over dramatic weapon. It flies, homes in, and then unleashes its lasers. It is not an overly powerful threat while on foot but will pick up the pace while in a vehicle as it is based on the vulture game code. It is both loved and hated to equal degrees. ^^

20220816232754_1.thumb.jpg.66bb639b20ed7bf20c4234f8b3004b1f.jpg

oakraven's Hell Flyer and Hell Shocker swarming and inflicting damage. This pair shoot darts or shock bolts and have their own unique audible narration as they come into closer proximity. These will add to the airborne threats and give this PLUS version a wider balance of ground, mid level leaping, and airborne threats.

20201126152231_1.thumb.jpg.43fbf821ba159e07289da97105116515.jpg

Mittens guarding her territory. She spits acid and is something that @Lonestarcanuck requested.

20201124233641_1.thumb.jpg.92a1aba9dac99cd0cc1029b186f53eda.jpg

Paindeer taking care of its friends. The Paindeer has a flashlight attachment built into its nose which is covered by a snowball. Defintely easy to spot at night. One warning about the Paindeer; her axe also gives her protection from frontal melee attack.

20201125014919_1.thumb.jpg.119646ba7df04a7e3f931aed31daba3f.jpg

Motorhead, the mechanical marvel teaming up with his biker brethren. Don't let him come knocking at your door for too long as his block damage will make him an unwelcome guest.

20201125014714_1.thumb.jpg.84841b519e89f8d7691e5fbf2fbb37d1.jpg

Snufkin was keen for other modders to take advantage of the game assets to create unique server side characters with their own special skill sets. By emulating Snufkin's approach and expanding with further features, we hope you will enjoy these additional zombies in addition to the Snufkin regulars.

20211004151019_1.thumb.jpg.6be8906b301453e1969fb2f82fa000f1.jpg

20220814210449_1.thumb.jpg.51d49b8d8dd98cd84ff2c6014b00516d.jpg

20201126114929_1.jpg

Edited by arramus
Update for A20.7 (b1) - Stable (see edit history)

Was doing some testing of new server side mods and had updated to this version. Going the the cm and filtering for items to see what icons still needed fixed when i noticed one called pettest. Curious i took a stack. When I clicked on the item in my inventory though, game locked up in NRE red text and I had to hard close the game client. Had to delete that save as I couldn't remove the item from my inventory. 

Is it going to break anything to comment this item out?

2 hours ago, magejosh said:

Going the the cm and filtering for items to see what icons still needed fixed when i noticed one called pettest. 

For the life of me, I don’t recall any references to pettest in this mod.

1 hour ago, PeNa1979 said:

@magejosh

thanks man !  so glad i dont put that on my server too ...uff...that was close :)

I agree. I don’t know what pettest relates to and I hope mage josh can shed some light on it. 

@magejosh I won't be any help related to this exact issue but I've had NRE happen so many times with mods and stuff in CM. Generally now days if I see an item I don't recognize in CM I wont touch it. Just had it happen the other day (grabbed something in CM related to a different mod, I should have known as item didn't have an icon...., got NRE). For fixing it I generally try this though: Let a Zed or player kill me (if reset doesn't fix it), then take item put into a box and destroy the box (if can't drop without NRE). If I have to I'll reset the Character (not the whole save) and then Admin myself in the XP/Stuff to get back to were it was at before.

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

9 hours ago, oakraven said:

I think the word petTEST is a clue not to use it :)

some times when working on new ideas some old code gets left in 

Had a look and don't see it is connected to any quest line

just remove it or comment it out

I mean you're not wrong. Curiosity killed the cat as they say.

9 hours ago, arramus said:

For the life of me, I don’t recall any references to pettest in this mod.

I agree. I don’t know what pettest relates to and I hope mage josh can shed some light on it. 

It's in the items.xml lines 10-16. I commented them out and have had no problems on server or sp with it since. 

11 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

@magejosh

thanks man !  so glad i dont put that on my server too ...uff...that was close :)

It's been in every version i've downloaded. I wouldn't worry about it, like oakraven said it's not connected to anything else in the mod so as long as someone isn't using the creative menu and spawning it into an inventory, then it will never come up in gameplay anyways. I just felt it only responsible to let far better modders than me know it was there and may be unnecessary. 

9 hours ago, Dre said:

@magejosh I won't be any help related to this exact issue but I've had NRE happen so many times with mods and stuff in CM. Generally now days if I see an item I don't recognize in CM I wont touch it. Just had it happen the other day (grabbed something in CM related to a different mod, I should have known as item didn't have an icon...., got NRE). For fixing it I generally try this though: Let a Zed or player kill me (if reset doesn't fix it), then take item put into a box and destroy the box (if can't drop without NRE). If I have to I'll reset the Character (not the whole save) and then Admin myself in the XP/Stuff to get back to were it was at before.

That was my first instinct, but the NRE wouldn't let me interact with anything else. I could see there was no drop or scrap options in the inventory item preview either. 

33 minutes ago, magejosh said:

I mean you're not wrong. Curiosity killed the cat as they say.

It's in the items.xml lines 10-16. I commented them out and have had no problems on server or sp with it since. 

It's been in every version i've downloaded. I wouldn't worry about it, like oakraven said it's not connected to anything else in the mod so as long as someone isn't using the creative menu and spawning it into an inventory, then it will never come up in gameplay anyways. I just felt it only responsible to let far better modders than me know it was there and may be unnecessary. 

That was my first instinct, but the NRE wouldn't let me interact with anything else. I could see there was no drop or scrap options in the inventory item preview either. 

Yes, thank you magejosh. This is an antiquated reference that hangs over from Snufkin's original mod and can be removed from the next update if there are no connections to it. In fact, reference to the old shark entry was also removed as that would also cause NRE if it was opened in F6. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention. I hope you were playing in SP and it didn't cause too much damage.

@magejosh Reference to pettest has been removed. It looks like it was to be a quest that never quiet made it.

@PeNa1979 It is safe to download now and use F6 as the NRE entries have been removed.

Here is a small update for the Party Plus mod. A small starter kit as this mod is certainly more of a challenge with the elevated group spawns.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Party-Plus-Starter-Kit-A19

A bit of lore.

20201128173149_1.thumb.jpg.c3cf4f31d02f5de588329785441d746f.jpg

And some simple goodies.

20201128173234_1.thumb.jpg.226aca76bd91d12138fa4e88097d9510.jpg

2 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

One question : is this mod only for server ???

Because, i run a fresh start Navezgane offline and i go thru half of the map and doesnt met one single zombie from this pack !

Yes this will work on an offline Navezgane map just fine, in fact that's where I do a lot of my testing before porting things over to the multiplayer server. The first thing I would check is to make sure the mod is installed correctly (i.e. that you can manually spawn the new zombies via the Debug Menu). If everything seems to be in order there and the console isn't slinging any errors at you, the next step would be to adjust the spawn rates to suit your fancy. Some people have found the "vanilla" spawn rates to be too low at lower gamestages, so you might just not be seeing them due to that, fortunately you can just bump those spawn rates up via editing the probabilities in the xml and you can drown yourself in zombies if you so wish. 😄

9 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

Yes, i can spawn those zombies, that i have tested...

I try those higher stages, lets see if it works...

The initial release had the majority of Zombies in all group with a 0.8 probability and less for a few that are too demanding. This was far too much for a new player and dropped to 0.5 which is still challenging but OK if you play carefully. Even with this lower rate I still see many of them and have to play stealth by moving between buildings and avoiding. I also tried in SP Navezgane and it was busy with them. 

I'm still using the .8 probability version on my server and sp, and not seeing them too frequently, but still seeing a couple every day that i get out and explore or trigger a screamer. But that's likely because the spawning pool is so much larger since i've got dough's randomized entities and mikepewpew's server side zombies working at the same time, in addition to iceburgs baby animals. I see the paindeer and the hellbear most out of this mod set, but i'm seeing all of them from this set. 

I know i'd see them more  frequently if i took out dough's randomized entities. But my players like remixed vanilla zombies so I'll leave them for now. 

Was doing some testing of new server side mods and had updated to this version. Going the the cm and filtering for items to see what icons still needed fixed when i noticed one called pettest. Curious i took a stack. When I clicked on the item in my inventory though, game locked up in NRE red text and I had to hard close the game client. Had to delete that save as I couldn't remove the item from my inventory. 

I commented it out and everything worked fine after that. I did grab the new version though to keep up to date. I just have to add in my edit to the end that causes the banshee to have a chance to spawn any time a screamer would spawn.  I really like not knowing whether that scream is going to come with vision issues.

I also really love the Hell series of entities, and the Paindeer. Really great additions!

25 minutes ago, magejosh said:

I commented it out and everything worked fine after that. I did grab the new version though to keep up to date. I just have to add in my edit to the end that causes the banshee to have a chance to spawn any time a screamer would spawn.  I really like not knowing whether that scream is going to come with vision issues.

I also really love the Hell series of entities, and the Paindeer. Really great additions!

Oh yes, that's correct! Your banshee/screamer tag team combination. I forgot about that and how you'll need to update that with each new build.

Which I don't mind doing at all. A little copypasta-fu and it's done. 

Those drones are pretty wicked too!

Oh yeah, how hard would a large as a dog almost rabbit with a bleeding attack that moves really fast be? I think that would be terrifying. If it could change scale from normal rabbit to dog size when it aggros that would be even cooler but sounds like a pipedream to me.

Edited by magejosh (see edit history)

The entitygroups.xml continues to undergo a few tweaks while in test phase to find the best balance.

In summary:

The base probability for most Snufkin Plus entities is 0.5. The base entities are easy to avoid for low level players.

However, aggressive flyers like the Shark and Drones (Hell Flyer and Hell Scorcher) which actively target you have been reduced to 0.2.

A few individual entities like the Wrestler and Wendigo have also been reduced to 0.2 outside of their own biomes. However, Wrestler probability goes up again in the Desert and Wendigo increases in the snow biome.

This will give new players a fighting chance as avoidance will keep them alive while developed players can actively engage.

8 minutes ago, magejosh said:

Which I don't mind doing at all. A little copypasta-fu and it's done. 

Those drones are pretty wicked too!

Oh yeah, how hard would a large as a dog almost rabbit with a bleeding attack that moves really fast be? I think that would be terrifying. If it could change scale from normal rabbit to dog size when it aggros that would be even cooler but sounds like a pipedream to me.

I shall have nightmares tonight.........

Doughs-RabbitOfCaerbannog-2.0.1 is probably a great Mod to customise the scale to dog size and also increase speed. I'm not sure about the scale morphing code capabilities but possible a buff action when being attacked. Cool Werewolf type concept for sure.

I love that one. If I weren't trying to use serverside only mods to make an overhaul experience on my server with new quests to try and tie up the different bits and pieces of story, I'd just use that one. I already have it, plan on using it for my navezgane meets fallout map playthrough. 

I'll look at how it works and see what I learn.

You're the best arramus.

9 minutes ago, magejosh said:

I love that one. If I weren't trying to use serverside only mods to make an overhaul experience on my server with new quests to try and tie up the different bits and pieces of story, I'd just use that one. I already have it, plan on using it for my navezgane meets fallout map playthrough. 

I'll look at how it works and see what I learn.

You're the best arramus.

I see, just the serversides is understandable. In that case, the settings with just the default rabbit model and changing the grenade icon/model to something else may circumvent the custom bits. Such a cool rabbit for sure; nibbles one toe off at a time, lol.

1 hour ago, magejosh said:

I love that one. If I weren't trying to use serverside only mods to make an overhaul experience on my server with new quests to try and tie up the different bits and pieces of story, I'd just use that one.

See what you make of this server side version.

Doughs-RabbitOfCaerbannog-A19-ServerSideTest.zip

Doughphunghus is very generous with the license arrangement and basically allows us to do anything we like with this mod. Naturally, Doughphunghus is credited throughout as the XML is full of Doughphunghus tweaks. This modder clearly loved working on this. It can be released as a public server side version if it passes your tests.

3.5 scale.

20201201161240_1.thumb.jpg.1eb9f19d99d0e0c513c3db8afd0e41df.jpg

I am about 6 meters up and it sure can jump.

20201201162122_1.thumb.jpg.83025511a5393f4abad5972bbfd3db81.jpg

Snow ball replacement with molotov audio as it shares this feature.

20201201161927_1.thumb.jpg.a26a83151d502c740c45e7cb6a5c1838.jpg

20201201162003_1.thumb.jpg.efc8b75e250e9aaa91eaabb6fad0df51.jpg

All is the same beyond scale and replacements away from the custom content.

20201201161440_1.thumb.jpg.7a8e1f445adc104a83698949bbba7385.jpg

14 hours ago, TomGun42 said:

I actually made a new zombie and added to the older zombie pack of this, how can I contribute to this mod?

Interesting, send your creation via PM or post about it here to show how it complements the collective. This Plus version is still in test mode and certainly needs a few tweaks for HP and biome probability but it's getting there. These new 10 took some time to consider as follows:

Snufkins base 15 all have their own unique traits with 2 airborne, a leaping class, and many foot bosses with a mix of speed and buffs.

The additional 10 offered more airborne and leeping class to the mix to attempt to ensure a BM and regular game play had a balance from all angles.