Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

3 hours ago, arramus said:

You don't need to install the Party Plus Starter Kit but it's helpful where the server is set up to be a challenge. It's purely a weapon bag with a few useful items that unpack in the player's inventory when they first enter the World. It was aimed at the regular PLUS challenge and contains a minibike to help players escape from the Drones, Shark and other flying entities until they are ready to face them. Players can simply drop it for a greater challenge or take what if offers.

Ok, cool thanks... indeed sounds helpful to my server group.

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on your current level and weapon. Both of these characters, and the other Snufkin Zombies, have pretty high health levels and health regeneration ability. Attacking in their head region as with other zombies is the quickest way to eliminate them. If you have access to debug mode, using 'dm' in the console command area from 'F1', and then 'q' key to go into god mode you will be able to see their health bar to double check that you are at able to cause damage. I can confirm the Geist and Scarecrow can be eliminated in A19.5.

5 hours ago, darklordpotato777 said:

Idk if I did something wrong on install, but so far, the Geist and Scarecrow are unkillable. When I attack, there's no noise of contact, but they can still kill me. Any ideas?

The only problem i have with the scarecrow is that the hitbox seems to be smaller than the pumpkin head so a shotgun is the most effective.

Hi Arramus, I'm experimenting with adding your awesome zombies to the sleeper spawners so that they spawn inside POIs as well. My ultimate goal is to create some custom zombies myself using your zombies a guide and add them as sleeper zombies in the POIs.

After lots of testing, it seems that the server side zombies don't like being sleepers, as the game throws the notorious "NullReferenceException" error when injecting them into the sleeperHordeStageGS entitygroup. Have you encountered this before? And, is this just a limitation of the server side zombies?

Below is the code I used to spawn the server side zombies as sleepers. In this case i used the ZombieBomber and visit the POI called house_modern_01. Note that when I remove this zombie from the sleeperHordeStageGS1 code and run the game again, the error goes away. 😪

GAMESTAGES.XML

<remove xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='SleeperGSList']" />
<append xpath="/gamestages">
    <spawner name="SleeperGSList">
        <gamestage stage="1"><spawn group="sleeperHordeStageGS1" num="1" maxAlive="1" duration="1"/></gamestage>
    </spawner>
</append>

ENTITYGROUPS.XML

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[starts-with(@name, 'sleeperHordeStageGS')]" />
<append xpath="/entitygroups">
    <entitygroup name="sleeperHordeStageGS1">
        <entity name="zombieStripper"/>
        <entity name="ZombieBomber"/>
    </entitygroup>
</append>

On 6/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, errornull said:

Hi Arramus, I'm experimenting with adding your awesome zombies to the sleeper spawners so that they spawn inside POIs as well. My ultimate goal is to create some custom zombies myself using your zombies a guide and add them as sleeper zombies in the POIs.

Interesting, very interesting.

I shall share your kind comments with the original creator @Snufkin and also @oakraven for taking the lead in every part of the PLUS pack.

I haven't testing adding zombies to stock sleeper volumes/spawners but did try them in a custom sleeper group/volume for a custom Prefab and they were accepted using a simple append command prompt.

As for adding them to existing groups/stages, have you had a chance to check out the Elite Zombies pack. The modder, Lo-X was able to add them to multiple groups and the horde night group. I shall add a sample of the code in here to shed some light on the method he used.

From the little experience I have with tinkering with groups, it is very sensitive to the GS and they appear to prefer to be added in manually for each exact GS in the list as if there is an element of hard coding which causes any irregularity to be spat back. The following may certainly not be as efficient as a generic prompt but certainly does what it is asked to do.

entitygroups.xml

<!-- badassOnlyHordeStages -->

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassOnlyHordeStageGS79']">  <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.002"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassOnlyHordeStageGS95']">  <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.006"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassOnlyHordeStageGS112']"> <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.010"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassOnlyHordeStageGS130']"> <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassOnlyHordeStageGS150']"> <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.050"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassOnlyHordeStageGS171']"> <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.055"/></append>

and

<!-- badasshordeStages -->	

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS79']"> <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.002"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.002"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS95']"> <entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.006"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.006"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS112']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.010"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS130']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS150']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.050"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.050"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS171']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.055"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.055"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS194']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.060"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.060"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.060"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.060"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.060"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.060"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='badassHordeStageGS217']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.070"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.070"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.070"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.070"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.070"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.070"/></append>

and

<!-- feralHordeStage bloodmoon -->

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS140']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS147']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS153']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS160']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS167']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS174']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS181']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS188']"><entity name="EliteCop" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteHawai" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSkater" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteSolider" prob="0.020"/><entity name="EliteBoomer" prob="0.010"/><entity name="EliteFeral" prob="0.020"/></append>

Here is a small update to the PLUS Zombies pack.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021June12

This update changes the probability of the Banshee and Hisser during Blood Moon Horde Night. This is based on feedback from a number of Server Admin and Players who felt the Banshee was too regular and the Hisser was too invasive. They will appear at the same frequency as the Wrestler.

And here is a new character for the PLUS pack.

Zombie Direwolf.

oakraven found a texture for a zombie wolf and a model for the Catfish. Many players prefer not to have any more flying things as it can be very challenging and the Catfish is just used as a mutant chest eruption from the Zombie Direwolf.

At night.

20210612011957_1.thumb.jpg.c1bed7ca2ef46d91573da69c0afb0032.jpg

And in the daytime. A simple addition with no special traits beyond a slight HP and XP buff. The Zombie Direwolf has a slightly increased probability to appear in the forest at night. Thank you to @oakraven for sharing the in game texture and model.

20210612011857_1.thumb.jpg.e23ba2df3d515ffb62055f8bea2193af.jpg

Hi Arramus,

Thanks for your insight and for passing along my observation.

Actually, I have already added the server side zombies without issues to all other entity groups without issue... like scoutHordeStageGS, feralHordeStageGS, wanderingHordeStageGS, ZombieFootballStadiumGroupGS, ZombieGhostTownGroupGS, etc. 😊

It is only the sleeperHordeStageGS  entity group that results in error when I try to do the same.

Another thing which I think you'll find interesting - I do not get this problem when adding Mumpfy's custom textured zombies into this sleeperHordeStageGS  entity group.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/10892-new-zombie-textures-mumpfy/

I wonder if the game engine does some additional spawning mechanic that is unique when calling the SleeperGSList spawner (which references sleeperHordeStageGS) that does not happen within all the other spawners, so that when creating zombies from 'scratch' with their own dedicated models and textures (like Mompfy's zombies) allows it to work within the SleeperGSList spawner / sleeperHordeStageGS. But, when when defining zombies only via archetypes.xml like the server side zombies, it doesn't play well with SleeperGSList / sleeperHordeStageGS - maybe because something is missing that the game engine needs from the server side zombie definitions and therefor errors out. My hypothesis for now.

I haven't testing adding zombies to stock sleeper volumes/spawners but did try them in a custom sleeper group/volume for a custom Prefab and they were accepted using a simple append command prompt.

That is very interesting and I'll want to test this out myself with a custom prefab too. I wonder if server side zombies only work in sleeper groups within custom prefabs and not the vanilla ones. hmm...

Thanks again.

Edited by errornull (see edit history)

@errornull I attempted to duplicate some things you had used but with the Tipsy Squatch entity.

First I tried this as a simple append.

<entity name="zombieTipsySquatch"/>
    </entitygroup>

And got this.

20210612185242_1.thumb.jpg.866fc90c778bc971f81718b476325d9d.jpg

Then I tried as you attempted.

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[starts-with(@name, 'sleeperHordeStageGS')]" />
	<append xpath="/entitygroups">
        <entity name="zombieTipsySquatch"/>
    </entitygroup>

And got this.

20210612190913_1.thumb.jpg.711a0352ec977d57a25ece412d378391.jpg

And for good measure, I added this:

<remove xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='SleeperGSList']" />
	<append xpath="/gamestages">
    <spawner name="SleeperGSList">
    <gamestage stage="1"><spawn group="sleeperHordeStageGS1" num="1" maxAlive="1" duration="1"/></gamestage>
    </spawner>
	</append>

And got this.

20210612192527_1.thumb.jpg.311f6560b9903720e8aa9ee4de1ed0c8.jpg

Tipsy Squatch is an archetype zombie but goes back up the extend path to a default entity base character. Hard to say how much is hard coded to strict specifics. Was this the only custom zombie mod being used at the time you attempted?

I used a 3 line code at the end of the entitygroups.xml to insert after zombieScreamer on line one, and on line two i added the list of entities at one of the lower gamestage levels hordespawns, then closed the insert tag on line three. And i used dough's screamer's spawn more to put screamers in every group. This combination took some playing with to fine tune the spawning rates so there was still a good mix of all zombie types but has resulted in a truly challenging experience in my server side overhaul Purgatory. I could share the code i used if you'd like, but i'm pretty sure you understand xml better than me given your above posts @errornull. Actually i think way earlier in this thread i did share that bit of code. Anyways, yeah this mod, elite zombies, mickpewpew's serverside zombies, and khzmusic uma zombies all together in here working well and decently mixed into pois, wandering hordes, biome spawning, and horde nights. The extra screamers don't really harm anything as they are not getting called on too often and dont' summon a screamer horde if they weren't spawned by the scout controller. They just make you panic to kill them.

The only drawback i've found to this method is occasionally, and i do mean only occasionally when the scout controller summons a scout/screamer it actually picks one of these "boss" zombies instead. 

You could also just decide to pair each one with a vanilla zombie and use that same append code pointed at that zombie instead of the screamer and make sure to set a probability if you don't want it showing up equally with said vanilla zombie. That way it adds that snuffkin zombie to all the places in the entitygroups that vanilla zombie already exists. 

One thing i've noticed is sometimes set xpath will work when remove and then append does not work.

@arramus thanks for taking the time to test as well. this helped give me much better direction on where to look.

seeing that you were able to use tipsy squatch without issue, i stripped down my 7days installation down to only this server side zombies plus mod installed, and no other mods, and also re-validated the game install files with steam. all checked out good. then the only XML modification i did was in entitygroups.xml

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='sleeperHordeStageGS1']">
        <entity name="zombieTipsySquatch" prob="99"/>
</append>

nothing more. i ran the game, used the POI teleporter to go to HOUSE_MODERN_01 poi and...... same error. was totally confused. then i walked over to the POI next door and no error! LOL. I visited a few other POIs... all spawned in tipsy guy no problem.

there's something wrong with the HOUSE_MODERN_01 POI it appears.

i visited a few other similar POIs like HOUSE_MODERN_07 AND HOUSE_MODERN_08 ... no issues. Weird. I'm willing to believe that if you visited HOUSE_MODERN_01 that you will also get the error when the game attempt to spawn the tipsy sleepers - which occurs as you climb up the ladder from the garage up into the attic.

spacer.png

obviously, there's no error when just running the game with the vanilla zombies, but who wants that? lol.  if i happen to run into other 'problem' POIs.. i'll let you know.

4 hours ago, AKMARK5000 said:

I have a server running the Zombie Plus from May and the Starter Kit from May.  I know I need to replace the Zombie Plus, but do I need to replace the Starter Kit also?

The Starter Kit is an optional stand alone mod and will work with or without the Zombie Plus Mod running at the same time. You do not need to replace the Starter Kit.

@errornull

I can also duplicate the error you experienced at Modern House 01.

NRE Warning

20210614084934_1.thumb.jpg.2d487066cc6aef3b8d0926685970a3d5.jpg

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EntityAlive.ConditionalTriggerSleeperWakeUp () [0x0001e] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at SleeperVolume.Touch (World _world, EntityPlayer _player, System.Boolean setActive, System.Int32 trigger) [0x00046] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at SleeperVolume.TouchGroup (World _world, EntityPlayer _player, System.Boolean setActive) [0x0004a] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at SleeperVolume.CheckTouching (World _world, EntityPlayer _player) [0x000d4] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at World.CheckSleeperVolumeTrigger (EntityPlayer _player) [0x00065] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayer.CheckSleeperTriggers () [0x00015] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateLive () [0x00ad7] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x0001e] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00163] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at World.TickEntity (Entity e, System.Single _partialTicks) [0x0015d] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at World.TickEntities (System.Single _partialTicks) [0x000ab] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00093] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00291] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0

(Filename: <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac> Line: 0)

I attempted to try again but with EAC disabled just to see how it would impact. On that occasion, an additional error appeared on top of 2 NREs relating to 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v02' should be a parent but is not! (2).

20210614090643_1.thumb.jpg.69666fc34fff0bfe5e1e98b35a13f72c.jpg

Spoiler

2021-06-14T09:06:37 422.109 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v02' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:06:37 422.109 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v02' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:06:39 424.323 INF 410.5382 SleeperVolume 363, 66, 1323. Spawning at 366, 67, 1326, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieTipsySquatch, count 8
2021-06-14T09:06:39 424.326 INF 410.5382 SleeperVolume 356, 66, 1309. Spawning at 361, 67, 1313, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieTipsySquatch, count 8
2021-06-14T09:06:39 424.327 INF 410.5382 SleeperVolume 349, 67, 1304. Spawning at 352, 67, 1304, group 'zombieUtilityWorkerGroupGS1', class zombieUtilityWorker, count 8
  at EntityAlive.ConditionalTriggerSleeperWakeUp () [0x0001e] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at SleeperVolume.Touch (World _world, EntityPlayer _player, System.Boolean setActive, System.Int32 trigger) [0x00046] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at SleeperVolume.TouchGroup (World _world, EntityPlayer _player, System.Boolean setActive) [0x0004a] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at SleeperVolume.CheckTouching (World _world, EntityPlayer _player) [0x000d4] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at World.CheckSleeperVolumeTrigger (EntityPlayer _player) [0x00065] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayer.CheckSleeperTriggers () [0x00015] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateLive () [0x00ad7] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x0001e] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00163] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at World.TickEntity (Entity e, System.Single _partialTicks) [0x0015d] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0
  at World.TickEntities (System.Single _partialTicks) [0x000ab] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0

After dismissing the NRE, mayhem ensued as usual.

20210614090838_1.thumb.jpg.5801b921cd9ef7f14a1c75c0483e7522.jpg

One last attempt with EAC back on for standard gameplay settings and the Parasite entity set for the spawn since her character is the same size as default and it would rule out any spawn issues related to falling out of block range.

The Parasite is triggered and spawns without issue.

Then comes the car issues.

Then comes another Parasite trigger and the NRE

Then comes more car issues.

There appears to be a correlation with the 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' block Error and this quite possibly needs reporting. I have already reported a Vanilla bug relating to the Auto Turrets bringing up a _MaterialTex error in the last couple of days and would rather not add another to the pot if anyone would kindly like to take the lead on that.

Spoiler

2021-06-14T09:28:35 222.233 INF 203.6054 SleeperVolume 363, 62, 1309. Spawning at 368, 62, 1316, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieParasite, count 7
2021-06-14T09:28:40 227.529 INF 208.902 SleeperVolume 361, 62, 1301. Spawning at 365, 62, 1302, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieParasite, count 8
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.156 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.156 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.157 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.157 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.169 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.169 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.180 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.180 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.194 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.194 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.207 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:41 228.207 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.159 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.159 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.173 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.173 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.188 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.188 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.199 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.199 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.214 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.214 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.226 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.226 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.227 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:50 237.227 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:28:52 239.680 INF 221.0527 SleeperVolume 363, 66, 1323. Spawning at 366, 67, 1326, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieParasite, count 9
2021-06-14T09:28:52 239.683 INF 221.0527 SleeperVolume 356, 66, 1309. Spawning at 361, 67, 1313, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieParasite, count 9
2021-06-14T09:28:52 239.684 INF 221.0527 SleeperVolume 349, 67, 1304. Spawning at 352, 67, 1304, group 'zombieUtilityWorkerGroupGS1', class zombieUtilityWorker, count 9

2021-06-14T09:29:04 250.892 INF Time: 3.78m FPS: 75.12 Heap: 1541.6MB Max: 1573.5MB Chunks: 245 CGO: 130 Ply: 1 Zom: 12 Ent: 16 (49) Items: 1 CO: 1 RSS: 8155.2MB
2021-06-14T09:29:15 261.965 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 261.965 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 261.982 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 261.982 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 261.994 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 261.994 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.261 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.261 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.273 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.273 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.285 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.286 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.286 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.299 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:29:15 262.299 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage2v05' should be a parent but is not! (2)

A final attempt with Modern House 01 and all Vanilla settings with or without EAC continues to bring a red console warning for the vehicle. It is quite possible that having this occur in the background while attempting to pull an entity through the additional cached and modified settings for a custom entity is causing a 'soft' NRE whereby it resolves quickly and play can continue without being a client/server breaker.

Spoiler

2021-06-14T09:40:06 153.867 INF 136.0494 SleeperVolume 363, 62, 1309. Spawning at 368, 62, 1316, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieDarlene, count 7
2021-06-14T09:40:10 157.563 INF 139.7458 SleeperVolume 361, 62, 1301. Spawning at 362, 62, 1302, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieMarlene, count 8
2021-06-14T09:40:21 169.127 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:21 169.128 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:21 169.128 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:21 169.129 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:21 169.129 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.751 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.751 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.764 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.764 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.779 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.779 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.793 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:22 169.793 ERR Block on position 366, 63, 1321 with name 'cntCar03SedanDamage1v07' should be a parent but is not! (2)
2021-06-14T09:40:28 176.024 INF Time: 2.55m FPS: 74.98 Heap: 1519.9MB Max: 1627.6MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 130 Ply: 1 Zom: 9 Ent: 14 (15) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 7654.8MB
2021-06-14T09:40:28 176.078 INF [DECO] written 77427, in 12ms
2021-06-14T09:40:28 176.081 INF [DECO] write thread 3ms
2021-06-14T09:40:42 190.268 INF 172.4506 SleeperVolume 363, 66, 1323. Spawning at 366, 67, 1326, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieBusinessMan, count 9
2021-06-14T09:40:42 190.304 INF 172.4506 SleeperVolume 356, 66, 1309. Spawning at 357, 67, 1309, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieSteveCrawler, count 9
2021-06-14T09:40:42 190.317 WRN Spawn class 813805287 can't walk on block sleeperIdle with walkType 4
2021-06-14T09:40:42 190.317 INF 172.4506 SleeperVolume 349, 67, 1304. Spawning at 352, 67, 1304, group 'zombieUtilityWorkerGroupGS1', class zombieUtilityWorker, count 9
2021-06-14T09:40:42 190.365 INF 172.5471 SleeperVolume 356, 66, 1309. Spawning at 361, 67, 1313, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS1', class zombieNurse, count 9

Thanks @arramus for helping to dig deeper on that. At least I know I'm not crazy and that my sleeper horde customization is actually working as it should. 😎

I'll go ahead and report this strangeness with the cntCar03SedanDamage2v05 object. I don't see a bug report section here on the forum. It's the one in the Steam community page right? Update: i found it nevermind.

Edited by errornull (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, errornull said:

Hi @arramus ... and @doughphunghus too. Is there a way to prevent the zombie projectiles like vomit, flaming arrows, etc, to NOT inflict damage on other zombies or creatures.. but only damage the players?

It is not something I've ever considered or tinkered with to be honest as I've only become accustomed to entity damage and block damage settings. Unless there is a direct method that someone with more depth knowledge or experience can suggest, I have only seen things which may limit the damage such as tinkering with the AI task settings to reduce interaction, seeing if the 'immunity' setting can take any further tags, or adding an event buff if there is a way to tag 'ammo/melee' types between specific items and entities.

arramus its been a while since I mentioned this but if u remember when i mentioned how for some reason all my other mods need to be removed then install this mod for it to work properly then reinstall my other mods. Have u figured out what was causing that?

10 hours ago, AndrewT said:

arramus its been a while since I mentioned this but if u remember when i mentioned how for some reason all my other mods need to be removed then install this mod for it to work properly then reinstall my other mods. Have u figured out what was causing that?

I have not figured out what was causing it. The mods are supposed to install in alphabetical order, and based on that, removing other mods or adding this to the collective should have no bearing on the final instance as they should all load up together uniquely on that current attempt. It appears there may be a conflict somewhere down the line. If this was a common issue, it would be easier to track down, but this appears to be a unique quandary.

12 hours ago, arramus said:

I have not figured out what was causing it. The mods are supposed to install in alphabetical order, and based on that, removing other mods or adding this to the collective should have no bearing on the final instance as they should all load up together uniquely on that current attempt. It appears there may be a conflict somewhere down the line. If this was a common issue, it would be easier to track down, but this appears to be a unique quandary.

Ok so i possibly could've been the only one to discover this issue which wouldn't surprise me. but I think the next best course of action is to ask other people who use this mod and see if any of them encountered this problem or something similar since i dont know what else to do.

2 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Ok so i possibly could've been the only one to discover this issue which wouldn't surprise me. but I think the next best course of action is to ask other people who use this mod and see if any of them encountered this problem or something similar since i dont know what else to do.

I visited a number of servers running this mod for over 6 months; Tipsy Zombies, ZombieShack, 9999XP, Snufkin Mods, and even @magejosh's server which is running a list that stretches as far as the eye can see and received no feedback relating to an issue of a similar nature. I am using it on my own server with a more conservative mod assortment but can still not duplicate it. If any other Server Admin are facing a similar issue, I hope they'll post in here otherwise it is hard to track down any commonalities.

Thanks for the great mod.
I'm having a lot of fun playing.
By the way, is there a way to turn the wonderful special zombies you create into a wasteland and Blood Moon-only spawn?
Even if I modify it, it doesn't work 

11 hours ago, arramus said:

I visited a number of servers running this mod for over 6 months; Tipsy Zombies, ZombieShack, 9999XP, Snufkin Mods, and even @magejosh's server which is running a list that stretches as far as the eye can see and received no feedback relating to an issue of a similar nature. I am using it on my own server with a more conservative mod assortment but can still not duplicate it. If any other Server Admin are facing a similar issue, I hope they'll post in here otherwise it is hard to track down any commonalities.

ok good to know. Also I had an idea that you may find interesting. since the denotator on the demolisher is a separate entity I wonder if we could do a similar setup with the explosive barrels on the bomber and scorcher cause it would be pretty cool to make their barrels explode when shooting them. similar to DOOM eternal where players can destroy certain body parts and weapons on various demons rendering them less deadly. now with my limited knowledge on programing I don't know if it could be possible but i think its a cool idea nonetheless

Ok that specific problem I've not had but I've had some situations where I thought that was the case.

Id look into any other mods which may be remove and replacing zombies hands that loads after this one alphabetically. 

Or even easier, id just rename the modlet folder to have a zz at the beginning and try loading the client and a fresh game to see if you get the errors. If that produces errors, try changing the zz into aa.

One of those has a high chance of fixing the compatibility issues. 

Otherwise feel free to share your output log or modlet list and I'll see if I can spot any compatibility issues. 

I've been developing my overhaul and this modlet is one of my first choices for a must include. It's also caused It's fair share of compatibility NREs with the other 221 modlets in my server side overhaul. For fear or causing more I've manually updated my copy with the new releases the last 2 times It's been updated.