Best ways to get plastic?

Sjustus548

Recently my wife has started using a lot steel crossbow bolts and I've started using slugs for the auto shotgun.  So we have found ourselves in desperate need of plastic but aren't quite sure the best way to go about getting it.  I know you can destroy the stacks of boxes and take apart different electronics in POIs for a few pieces of scrap but is there another better method to get more of it?  Plastic is one of those things we have always found we had a huge excess of but this map it seems like we can't find enough at times.  

In a game where you're spending a lot (as ammo, mostly), the main thing is to keep gathering them. At least for me, plastics are a thing I want to toss, because I never have a use for them. Until I do, and then I have to run around for the scraps for ages. Ages, I tell you, ages. It's a little annoying when it happens :)

Window blinds of both kind also the white full cover ones you have in the hospital and the skyscrapers. Wrenching cars. Water coolers, TV´s, Hospital beds, X-ray´s, Computers, Cooler box, Laundry baskets and ofc the mannequins in shops.

Also those sheets that look like fabric, the ones that cover fences sometimes are plastic.

The usual suspects for getting plastic have been already listed by previous posters. 

The "other option" is ofc to try to get by without platic to build up the stockpile for the times you feel the need to use resources that take plastic. For a start, armor is currently not working on zombies, supposedly, so in 19.1 only advantage of using a steel arrow is, supposedly, the couple extra points of damage. Depending on the perks taken a Q5 iron crossbow with iron arrow (which uses feathers instead of plastic) and couple of mods has enough punch to down a "normal"  (cheerleader, janitor, businessman, etc) radiated zombie sleeper with a headshot from stealth. And with shotguns - well - the normal buckshot (which takes paper instead of plastic to craft) works pretty well as well so it is always option to use these for clearing random houses and save slugs for special occasions. 

A "hack" in this regard, if switching ammo type is too annoying - just have two of the same weapon on your toolbelt with different types of ammo loaded. You can paint them different colors, if it is otherwise hard to remember which is with which ammo. So that if you feel that you need slugs or steel bolts right now you can just switch to a weapon with one loaded instead of going through switching the ammo type. 

Archived