Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

Ok. Actually, I have played a few so many times that I dont want to go through them again. LOL.

Yeh infinity will show you the pic of the poi etc so if you see it you can remove it from the list. 

There is a mod on nexus that gives you more quests at a time and a further distance to go to get quests but it gives you more choices as well. you maybe interested in. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2608

I found a page which contains a collection of a few great Prefabs. Seems the developer is not doing on this. Please please check and see if they can be a part of another great collection which is yours. As many players uses CP, they will also get to know this mans marvellous work.

Edited by Ganeshakw (see edit history)

I am having  issues getting the compo pack to work. when the game is loading up ( im using mod launcher and the wow mod) i see that it is not loading a lot of the pois - it says the following WRN could not load prefab 'wotw<poi name>. Skipping it.

ERR prefab loading failed. Prefab 'wotw < prefab name > does not exist!

the list of these is quite extensive

I have gone through the infinty tool and replaced the lines as described . i set the exe file location to the one where the wotw mod is and the app data is where the normal 7d2d app data is.

When I do go into the game I can see that a lot of the pois are missing as there is the shape on the ground where they would normally be. I am using this map GNS WOTW MAP

I have even tried just adding in the compo pack part 2 to the prefab folder for wotw but this also doesnt work.

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.Could someone please guide me.

image.png

image.png

image.png

15 hours ago, rustytop said:

I am having  issues getting the compo pack to work. when the game is loading up ( im using mod launcher and the wow mod) i see that it is not loading a lot of the pois - it says the following WRN could not load prefab 'wotw<poi name>. Skipping it.

ERR prefab loading failed. Prefab 'wotw < prefab name > does not exist!

the list of these is quite extensive

I have gone through the infinty tool and replaced the lines as described . i set the exe file location to the one where the wotw mod is and the app data is where the normal 7d2d app data is.

When I do go into the game I can see that a lot of the pois are missing as there is the shape on the ground where they would normally be. I am using this map GNS WOTW MAP

I have even tried just adding in the compo pack part 2 to the prefab folder for wotw but this also doesnt work.

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.Could someone please guide me.

image.png

image.png

image.png

If you are doing a youtube series, please post the link. I would like to watch.

Is there a way for Infinity to export a prefab list of the prefabs within a custom preset? I am very picky/choosy about POIs in my worlds and there are some overlap between different Teragon presets / POI lists, and I'd prefer to keep the same amount of POIs without having the Complete version. Again, I know, I'm picky as hell, but I can't seem to find anywhere that I can get that prefab list without going through and making a custom list one POI by one POI.

12 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

Is there a way for Infinity to export a prefab list of the prefabs within a custom preset? I am very picky/choosy about POIs in my worlds and there are some overlap between different Teragon presets / POI lists, and I'd prefer to keep the same amount of POIs without having the Complete version. Again, I know, I'm picky as hell, but I can't seem to find anywhere that I can get that prefab list without going through and making a custom list one POI by one POI.

I have plans to add that feature to infinity certainly.

48.5 isn't teragon compatible nor is infinity updated to 48.6 atm either. 

You can go thru the list and remove what you don't want for the time being still using the pics and info from infinity 

Hey guys, im experienced with 7d2d but completely new to these forums and i need a bit of help.
It took some fiddling, but I installed Infinity, setup poi's and everything, started up the game and generated a world, and then successfully started playing. 

My issue, is that my game becomes quite laggy at times, I only played for about an hour but I went to a trader on the outskirts of a city and the first POI i went to was a small house and I started losing half my frames just by getting near to it. After exploring it, it had a ridiculous 15 higher level zombies which was kinda ridiculous.

So my question, is since I installed the latest combopack with infinity, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Or will many of the POI's just have so many zombies that it shoots my ram and gpu usage up to 75% all the time? For reference, I'm able to run the vanilla game just fine almost everywhere with just a few frame drops in skyscrapers, and thats on a 1920x1080 primary monitor at 144hz. I also have shadows on low, and motion blur off. 

Any tips?

31 minutes ago, Kefka said:

Hey guys, im experienced with 7d2d but completely new to these forums and i need a bit of help.
It took some fiddling, but I installed Infinity, setup poi's and everything, started up the game and generated a world, and then successfully started playing. 

My issue, is that my game becomes quite laggy at times, I only played for about an hour but I went to a trader on the outskirts of a city and the first POI i went to was a small house and I started losing half my frames just by getting near to it. After exploring it, it had a ridiculous 15 higher level zombies which was kinda ridiculous.

So my question, is since I installed the latest combopack with infinity, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Or will many of the POI's just have so many zombies that it shoots my ram and gpu usage up to 75% all the time? For reference, I'm able to run the vanilla game just fine almost everywhere with just a few frame drops in skyscrapers, and thats on a 1920x1080 primary monitor at 144hz. I also have shadows on low, and motion blur off. 

Any tips?

Which poi was it. Can join our discord link is in o.p. be easier to problem solve.

F11 while in the poi area should give you a name.

The cp is not vanilla tho its tiers are higher as well.  But infinity shows you details about each poi as well zombie count Questable etc. You can choose which pois you want don't want to.

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Which poi was it. Can join our discord link is in o.p. be easier to problem solve.

F11 while in the poi area should give you a name.

The cp is not vanilla tho its tiers are higher as well.  But infinity shows you details about each poi as well zombie count Questable etc. You can choose which pois you want don't want to.

The difficulty was a little high, but I am kinda looking for a more difficult experience so I'm sure ill get used to that part

I really need the game to run better though, just walking down the road on the outskirts of the city was enough to lower frames by 15 at times. I'm not sure if there were any extra steps to follow, but I followed -only- the infinity instructions for singleplayer, and hit Y for everything except the Asian city and 1 individual POI that didn't fit stylistically, but since this is my first time using the compo-pack or using custom poi's at all, I didn't feel that I had enough relevant experience to go through the big list of individual poi's since I can only see their name and picture

So with that being said, are my performance issues typical with this pack? Is there anything I can do to not lose my frames just walking near poi's? The game seems to run just fine in the wilderness its just near cities that seems to cause a problem. I think my video settings are reasonable, high texture and model quality, low or disabled shadows, 65 pov and normal draw distance, etc. 

Unless maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, and there might be a few specific poi's that keep zombies enabled at all times instead of waking them up when the player reaches a certain proximity? 

Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part, I'm very new to this part of 7d2d as i've only done light modding installs

Edit: game runs fine in forests and away from poi's, start losing frames  the closer to cities I get, and some poi's made me go down to chugging being 15-25 fps which made it really difficult to kill the zombies. After clearing a poi of all infected, the game ran normally I think

Edited by Kefka (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, Kefka said:

(stuff)

It would help to know a bit more about your hardware, so any advice would be tailored to what you are using. A Ryzen 7950X3D with an RX 7900 XTX is vastly different from a Ryzen 3700 with an R7 360, for example, and the amount of RAM and VRAM is also important.

1 hour ago, Kefka said:

The difficulty was a little high, but I am kinda looking for a more difficult experience so I'm sure ill get used to that part

I really need the game to run better though, just walking down the road on the outskirts of the city was enough to lower frames by 15 at times. I'm not sure if there were any extra steps to follow, but I followed -only- the infinity instructions for singleplayer, and hit Y for everything except the Asian city and 1 individual POI that didn't fit stylistically, but since this is my first time using the compo-pack or using custom poi's at all, I didn't feel that I had enough relevant experience to go through the big list of individual poi's since I can only see their name and picture

So with that being said, are my performance issues typical with this pack? Is there anything I can do to not lose my frames just walking near poi's? The game seems to run just fine in the wilderness its just near cities that seems to cause a problem. I think my video settings are reasonable, high texture and model quality, low or disabled shadows, 65 pov and normal draw distance, etc. 

Unless maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, and there might be a few specific poi's that keep zombies enabled at all times instead of waking them up when the player reaches a certain proximity? 

Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part, I'm very new to this part of 7d2d as i've only done light modding installs

Edit: game runs fine in forests and away from poi's, start losing frames  the closer to cities I get, and some poi's made me go down to chugging being 15-25 fps which made it really difficult to kill the zombies. After clearing a poi of all infected, the game ran normally I think

There are many factors that can occur and many unknowns to. As glass deviant mentioned your pc specs, 
any overhauls, mods etc. 
Did you move the (only) cp prefabs from the data/prefabs to the users/username/appdata/roaming/7daystodie/LocalPrefabs folder 
FPS improvements are happening each release as well. 

27 minutes ago, GlassDeviant said:

It would help to know a bit more about your hardware, so any advice would be tailored to what you are using. A Ryzen 7950X3D with an RX 7900 XTX is vastly different from a Ryzen 3700 with an R7 360, for example, and the amount of RAM and VRAM is also important.

Sure thing
Windows 10 - latest update

CPU Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz, 3601mhz, quad core
16gb DDR3 ram with 32GB virtual  memory
GPU  GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5)

PSU   more than adequate

2 monitor setup, primary monitor is a 1920x1080 144hz viewsonic, second monitor is an old samsung one

Again, the vanilla game runs totally fine for the vast majority of the time, so I really wasn't expecting to have issues going into a small farm house with no basement in this pack but I'm not experienced enough to know if there's something big I'm missing. I know my setup isn't modern, but my 1070 performs quite well compared to modern cards, and both the cpu and gpu were at aprox. 75% load when I was going towards the city. 

I have a few mods installed, but they're just like the smx ui suite of mods, a bigger backpack, that kind of thing
Let me know if there's anything else you need

8 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

There are many factors that can occur and many unknowns to. As glass deviant mentioned your pc specs, 
any overhauls, mods etc. 
Did you move the (only) cp prefabs from the data/prefabs to the users/username/appdata/roaming/7daystodie/LocalPrefabs folder 
FPS improvements are happening each release as well. 

Umm... as per the installation page, to me it seemed like there were many different options for how to install the pack and I know followed the section of instructions for infinity specifically, I didn't do anything else at all. 

"

1.  Find pathsettings.txt and open using any text reader like notepad or notepad++

2.  Get your game address where the 7daystodie.exe is and past into first line of pathsettings.txt (Instructions on how to do this in the README_FIRST.txt)

3.  Get your appdata address C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie and past in 2nd line. (see video on how to unhide the appdata folder)

4.  Save and close. 

5.  Run the infinity v1.exe (a screen will appear and run thru a few processess)

STEP 1:
6.  Read then hit any key. The following settlements need just a "Y" or a "N" 
6a. Fabbersville - "Y" you see fabbersville poi_tile set option.  Fabbersville - "N" Fabbersville Poi Tile set skipped.
6b. Megacity - "Y" you see Mega City Poi Tile Set option. Mega City "N" Mega City Poi Tile Set skipped.
6c. Fabbersville - "Y" Fabbersville Poi Tile Set "N" Mega City - "Y" Mega City Poi Tile Set "N" (As lpng as Mega City and/or fabbersville is selected you will get corralating Poi Tile Set option that is attached to that settlement.

7. Continue to choose Y/N for the remaining settlements.

STEP 2: POI Tile Sets that spawn in Vanilla Cities a "Y" or a "N" response fpr the following 20 poi/tile sets.
[I reccomend either have the poi tile sets in gabbersville and mega city only and not in vanilla cities (so "Y" to fabbers and mega poi tile sets and "N" to the Step 2 poi tile sets. or vice versa - "N" to gabbersville and Mega City Poi Tile Sets and "Y" to all Step 2 Poi Tile Sets.]
"
Should I have moved files from the data/prefabs folder to the 7daystodie/LocalPrefabs as well? 

12 minutes ago, Kefka said:

Sure thing
Windows 10 - latest update

CPU Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz, 3601mhz, quad core
16gb DDR3 ram with 32GB virtual  memory
GPU  GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5)

PSU   more than adequate

2 monitor setup, primary monitor is a 1920x1080 144hz viewsonic, second monitor is an old samsung one

Again, the vanilla game runs totally fine for the vast majority of the time, so I really wasn't expecting to have issues going into a small farm house with no basement in this pack but I'm not experienced enough to know if there's something big I'm missing. I know my setup isn't modern, but my 1070 performs quite well compared to modern cards, and both the cpu and gpu were at aprox. 75% load when I was going towards the city. 

I have a few mods installed, but they're just like the smx ui suite of mods, a bigger backpack, that kind of thing
Let me know if there's anything else you need

Umm... as per the installation page, to me it seemed like there were many different options for how to install the pack and I know followed the section of instructions for infinity specifically, I didn't do anything else at all. 

"

1.  Find pathsettings.txt and open using any text reader like notepad or notepad++

2.  Get your game address where the 7daystodie.exe is and past into first line of pathsettings.txt (Instructions on how to do this in the README_FIRST.txt)

3.  Get your appdata address C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie and past in 2nd line. (see video on how to unhide the appdata folder)

4.  Save and close. 

5.  Run the infinity v1.exe (a screen will appear and run thru a few processess)

STEP 1:
6.  Read then hit any key. The following settlements need just a "Y" or a "N" 
6a. Fabbersville - "Y" you see fabbersville poi_tile set option.  Fabbersville - "N" Fabbersville Poi Tile set skipped.
6b. Megacity - "Y" you see Mega City Poi Tile Set option. Mega City "N" Mega City Poi Tile Set skipped.
6c. Fabbersville - "Y" Fabbersville Poi Tile Set "N" Mega City - "Y" Mega City Poi Tile Set "N" (As lpng as Mega City and/or fabbersville is selected you will get corralating Poi Tile Set option that is attached to that settlement.

7. Continue to choose Y/N for the remaining settlements.

STEP 2: POI Tile Sets that spawn in Vanilla Cities a "Y" or a "N" response fpr the following 20 poi/tile sets.
[I reccomend either have the poi tile sets in gabbersville and mega city only and not in vanilla cities (so "Y" to fabbers and mega poi tile sets and "N" to the Step 2 poi tile sets. or vice versa - "N" to gabbersville and Mega City Poi Tile Sets and "Y" to all Step 2 Poi Tile Sets.]
"
Should I have moved files from the data/prefabs folder to the 7daystodie/LocalPrefabs as well? 

Try the prefabs in your LocalPrefabs folder in your appdata instead. 16gb is a low amount tbh not pc speccy tho myself. 

cities are heavier in general and add the cp it is more ofc. 
some measures i know others have tried was turning vsync off. 

was it a vanilla city you were in or mega city/fabbersville

and can you get a screen shot of said barn please. Or if you hit f11 while looking at the building it will give you the poi name. 
(this sometimes is wonky so you can also f1 into console type dm enter then escape and then press f3 this one you have to sort of move til the name pops up sometimes to) 

15 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Try the prefabs in your LocalPrefabs folder in your appdata instead. 16gb is a low amount tbh not pc speccy tho myself. 

cities are heavier in general and add the cp it is more ofc. 
some measures i know others have tried was turning vsync off. 

was it a vanilla city you were in or mega city/fabbersville

and can you get a screen shot of said barn please. Or if you hit f11 while looking at the building it will give you the poi name. 
(this sometimes is wonky so you can also f1 into console type dm enter then escape and then press f3 this one you have to sort of move til the name pops up sometimes to) 

I was going to move  the prefabs over before starting the game again, but I don't  have a "localPrefabs" folder in my AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie
Should I create the folder and move the CP Poi's over?

As per the 16GB of ram, there's actually fairly few things you could do on a pc to use more than 16GB at a time. Unless you're rendering videos, compressing code, running complicated calculations, etc then you shouldn't be using more than that. For further example, the only reason google chrome and minecraft can sometimes use all your ram is because of memory leaks and overflows

I'll wait for your answer then follow your instructions

51 minutes ago, Kefka said:

I was going to move  the prefabs over before starting the game again, but I don't  have a "localPrefabs" folder in my AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie
Should I create the folder and move the CP Poi's over?

As per the 16GB of ram, there's actually fairly few things you could do on a pc to use more than 16GB at a time. Unless you're rendering videos, compressing code, running complicated calculations, etc then you shouldn't be using more than that. For further example, the only reason google chrome and minecraft can sometimes use all your ram is because of memory leaks and overflows

I'll wait for your answer then follow your instructions

yes if you dont have a LocalPrefabs then you create one. 
spelt exactly like - LocalPrefabs.

I spoke to a few people and they said they bought more ram and i asked bout that and they said it def can use more ram and in the undead legacy the 16gb is very minimum to run he recommends 32. 
but again i no pc expert there tho 

51 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

I spoke to a few people and they said they bought more ram and i asked bout that and they said it def can use more ram and in the undead legacy the 16gb is very minimum to run he recommends 32. 

Here's a link if you'd like to learn more about ram and how it affects gaming, but in general you're not going to use more than 16gb unless you're doing very specialized tasks. Usually if you're having bottleneck issues, its going to be your GPU or CPU (usually CPU) and that's the case in 7d2d as well, it doesn't utilize much ram and puts most of the strain  on the cpu just according to what my stats were telling me earlier. link: https://www.gamedesigning.org/gaming/ram-for-gaming/

Id like to say that im not familar with the overhaul mods tho, and they could defnitely be coded to utlitize more ram to lighten the load on the cpu, but i'd still be very very surprised if ram usage went above 16gb unless your friends were doing extra tasks at the same time, but different systems will vary

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

moved the poi's over to the new appdata folder and opened the game, went back to that first poi i cleared and its called 'xcostum_Farm_04(by_Zyncosa)'

There's a spelling mistake thats part of the name just fyi

I've disabled vsync as per your suggestion and the game is running slightly better, I'm on a brand new world of course but ill try to go to a few different (new) poi's and see how the performance is, but right now task manager s telling me my gpu is somehow at 90% load, cpu at 50% and ram has gone up to 75% when it was less than 50 before, so I'm not really sure what's going but ill do some testing and mabe try to grab some screenshots of my city 

Is there anything else I should do or try while I'm at it?

42 minutes ago, Kefka said:

Here's a link if you'd like to learn more about ram and how it affects gaming, but in general you're not going to use more than 16gb unless you're doing very specialized tasks. Usually if you're having bottleneck issues, its going to be your GPU or CPU (usually CPU) and that's the case in 7d2d as well, it doesn't utilize much ram and puts most of the strain  on the cpu just according to what my stats were telling me earlier. link: https://www.gamedesigning.org/gaming/ram-for-gaming/

Id like to say that im not familar with the overhaul mods tho, and they could defnitely be coded to utlitize more ram to lighten the load on the cpu, but i'd still be very very surprised if ram usage went above 16gb unless your friends were doing extra tasks at the same time, but different systems will vary

moved the poi's over to the new appdata folder and opened the game, went back to that first poi i cleared and its called 'xcostum_Farm_04(by_Zyncosa)'

There's a spelling mistake thats part of the name just fyi

I've disabled vsync as per your suggestion and the game is running slightly better, I'm on a brand new world of course but ill try to go to a few different (new) poi's and see how the performance is, but right now task manager s telling me my gpu is somehow at 90% load, cpu at 50% and ram has gone up to 75% when it was less than 50 before, so I'm not really sure what's going but ill do some testing and mabe try to grab some screenshots of my city 

Is there anything else I should do or try while I'm at it?

yes xcostum became a trademark for Magoli he accidently misspelt it and yeh he left it like that.  Been like that for many alphas

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)