A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

On 10/22/2020 at 6:50 AM, MechanicalLens said:

Is this a bug or a new feature in the game?

7_Days_To_Die_2020-10-22_3_49_04_AM.thumb.png.daf0d7c164c5a9ff49c7f754eda1c1fd.png

7_Days_To_Die_2020-10-22_3_49_09_AM.thumb.png.0bf6c624d398b9aa0914bc2450e3d220.png

Did you just read the skill book that said something about finding more honey? When I read mine the very next tree I went to did the same thing. After that first tree all the others acted as they normally should, with the added bonus of possible finding honey when chopped down.

17 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Did you just read the skill book that said something about finding more honey? When I read mine the very next tree I went to did the same thing. After that first tree all the others acted as they normally should, with the added bonus of possible finding honey when chopped down.

Nope. Perhaps a bird's nest was clashing with the tree (spawn wise) and this was the result. *Shrug*

19 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Oh. While im here! (saying it like im at a mail)

@madmole/any TFP Staff

Will Trader bob get a new voice actor? 

I could do it! I would love the opportunity 😜 I'm perfect for the job, don't mean to toot my own horn but . Tooooot Tooot! Once you hear me, you will wonder why you didn't use me for all the traders, the wolfs🐺, dogs,🐶 pigs,🐷 deer's,🦌 and the chickens🐔. I can even do a convincing babbling brook🛬, if you're interested 😛   

16 hours ago, Laynie said:

I could do it! I would love the opportunity 😜 I'm perfect for the job, don't mean to toot my own horn but . Tooooot Tooot! Once you hear me, you will wonder why you didn't use me for all the traders, the wolfs🐺, dogs,🐶 pigs,🐷 deer's,🦌 and the chickens🐔. I can even do a convincing babbling brook🛬, if you're interested 😛   

Makes me think of an old comedian my dad used to listen to, you should look up Wes Harrison.

47 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

? did i miss something?

just got 10% xp loss from dying

havent died in ages. how long has this been in and why?

Don’t worry, next alpha Madmole said they were replacing that system. Instead you will a good spanking until your bottom is cherry red and a stern talking to by an in game Madmole

2 minutes ago, Riles said:

Question about the future of Electricity! Are there any plans or upcoming updates in which multiple power sources can hook up to a single powered block? Or a block that is designed to receive ALL power from connected power sources so that you can more easily stream out the power throughout your base? Or something like that? THANKS!

Madmole stated some months back, that the current limitations are intended and a too big powergrid would have a strong impact on performance. However he mentioned a Door Overhaul and new door kinds. maybe we see electrical ones.

2 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Madmole stated some months back, that the current limitations are intended and a too big powergrid would have a strong impact on performance. However he mentioned a Door Overhaul and new door kinds. maybe we see electrical ones.

Shock doors would be cool! when they attack them they get shocked!

and maybe their could be a "Industrial generator" It is basically a Super strong generator But it takes more gas, Its louder, and it Hard to craft!  

Just now, Riles said:

I wondered about that, as running a server with multiple bases that use a variety of electricity stirs up the server a bit.

yeah i got the same problems on mine. In A16 it was way worse tho. Solar Panels could render a Server broken. i think in the first two weeks of Experimental we had to wipe 10 times. That was "fun". Still refuse to use solar in the game because of that Trauma :D

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

Shock doors would be cool! when they attack them they get shocked!

and maybe their could be a "Industrial generator" It is basically a Super strong generator But it takes more gas, Its louder, and it Hard to craft!  

Both good ideas.

My wish would be for an electrical kind of door that only gets opened with a switch. especially in Prefabs this could be immersive and forces you to go looking for that damn switch Doom-style.

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

"Industrial generator"

Hmmm... a more "powerful" generator can be done through xml. Does having less connections and more power from a source help with performance?

3 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Still refuse to use solar in the game because of that Trauma :D

Hahaha, I never tried out the electricity until A18 came around. I avoided it when it first came around for the reason of "trauma." 😛

2 minutes ago, Riles said:

Hahaha, I never tried out the electricity until A18 came around. I avoided it when it first came around for the reason of "trauma." 😛

Well A18+ they really did awesome Updates that were fairly stable even in experimental.

But A16 ( we do not talk about A17!) and beyond .. there were many experiments in the experimental phase :D

"Never play on patch day"