Disappearing Building Parts as you turn.

gpcstargate

I'm not sure if anyone else is having these Issues or Not .. But in every 7d2d Game lately A19b180 _ ( Never happened in any of the Older version .. until A19 ) .. Any map .. Modded or NOT Modded .. I can be building a base Custom OR using a Game built Base by TFP .... I start having issue after awhile of items popping in and out of View .. Turn your head one direction all good and then turn it the other way and your windows, doors, workstation, etc will just disappear and Just don't know why. 

Can someone let me know why this is happening ..... I even had a couple of games That Half of the base just vanished .. it was there on exit of game and the next time I logged in half of it was gone.

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_09.15_-_17_06_40_77.png

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_09.15_-_17_06_55_96.png

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_09.15_-_17_07_19_96.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.09.12 - 16.06.55.00 (2).png

Sometimes I will get the message about coplanar .. But Not in all games. ..... I started a New Vanilla game yesterday and it started on day 5 with NO Error messages. Started with Doors and Windows .. door made in backpack and windows made on workbench. 

Edited by gpcstargate
Forgot to add error message. (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Sakurambo said:

have you made a fresh install or you kept updating since the first experimental?

Brand New game install on A19 b180 uninstalled old and reinstalled .. on a high-end gaming system and just fully updated last week and still happening .. As far as I can tell it is a Game issue .. a couple Youtubers That I watch has started to have the same issue and we Have No Clue why only happened with current version.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

OK .. Everyone, I think I figured out what the problem is .. Bases Having this issue of popping items ... It started again when I was putting down SMG Turrets in another New Game ... you can only have so many in A19 .. Vanilla it seems to be ( 7 ) at the moment and they have to be 7-8 blocks between them .. Because once I picked up ALL my turrets it stopped .. (which was 12 SMG) and then I started to put them back down .. 1 in each corner of base and it was still good .. NO POPPING .. then started to add a SMG to the center between each corner  (which was on this base 8 block) and I was able to add 3 more .. BEFORE I started to get that popping in and out windows, doors, furniture and etc.

** This is end my Games and it is Happening in both Modded and on the Vanilla games, everyone else could be different .. Depending on Base size and location **

I Have Never encounter this issue before Until A19 and always use 12 turrets .. 3 on each corner of the base .... NOW .. I Don't know if this will happen with the Shotgun Turrets or Not.

I'm Hoping someone at TFP will read this and look into it .. But there seems to be a bug with turret placement.

EDIT ....... Ok .. Did some more checking in Vanilla .. Shotgun Turrets Do Not Seem to have this issue  .. I removed the 3 SMG turrets and added 8 Shotgun turrets. At this point _ I'm not getting an issue with the popping of items.

NOW the base has 4 SMG and 8 Shotgun Turrets. ........ The spacing with shotgun is normal

There must be some kind of issue with turrets that TFP didn't catch and hopefully they will fix.

Edited by gpcstargate
Added Info (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am renting a server and I am having the same issue, When I go towards "ANY" building they simply disappear and I have looked all over online and fudged my settings to low or med with Occlusions and anti aliasing off and still it keeps happening?

Can anyone suggest anything please?

You might want to give some more detail. What version are you running, which mods if any do you have installed (including custom POI lists), are you running a built-in map, a vanilla RWG map, or a custom RWG map (NitroGen or KingGen)?

Can you post before and after screenshots? Like, now you see it, now you don't, as you approach a building?

Does the building stay invisible as long as you are closer than X meters to it or does it pop back into view eventually? What about sleeper zombies in the building? Does only the building itself disappear, leaving zombies behind? If you attach a frame to the side of the building, does it remain visible?

Give as much detail about the behavior as you can provide.

Hi thanks and apologies for the lack of info.

We have War3UK mod running on 19.6 via a paid server. we have both verified our files and it still seems to be doing it?

In fact I have just uninstalled-reinstalled the game and waiting for it to finish.

Thanks again.

15 hours ago, Biglittle said:

Hi thanks and apologies for the lack of info.

We have War3UK mod running on 19.6 via a paid server. we have both verified our files and it still seems to be doing it?

In fact I have just uninstalled-reinstalled the game and waiting for it to finish.

Thanks again.

Is this "as much detail as you can provide" ? 🤔😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Maybe an uninstall also removes the registry settings? Just a random guess, I don't know what steam does in detail when uninstalling.

There is a tab in the games launcher where you can delete created worlds, saves and all your settings. Maybe just using that tool would have been sufficient.

• 1 month later...

Thank you "gpcstargate".  You're response to the SMG turrets fixed my disappearing blocks problem.  I've been doing server resets, moving to another server, and then came across your comments.  That took care of my problem.  Too many SMG turrets in the vacinity of the disappearing blocks.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:39 AM, gpcstargate said:

OK .. Everyone, I think I figured out what the problem is .. Bases Having this issue of popping items ... It started again when I was putting down SMG Turrets in another New Game ... you can only have so many in A19 .. Vanilla it seems to be ( 7 ) at the moment and they have to be 7-8 blocks between them .. Because once I picked up ALL my turrets it stopped .. (which was 12 SMG) and then I started to put them back down .. 1 in each corner of base and it was still good .. NO POPPING .. then started to add a SMG to the center between each corner  (which was on this base 8 block) and I was able to add 3 more .. BEFORE I started to get that popping in and out windows, doors, furniture and etc.

** This is end my Games and it is Happening in both Modded and on the Vanilla games, everyone else could be different .. Depending on Base size and location **

I Have Never encounter this issue before Until A19 and always use 12 turrets .. 3 on each corner of the base .... NOW .. I Don't know if this will happen with the Shotgun Turrets or Not.

I'm Hoping someone at TFP will read this and look into it .. But there seems to be a bug with turret placement.

EDIT ....... Ok .. Did some more checking in Vanilla .. Shotgun Turrets Do Not Seem to have this issue  .. I removed the 3 SMG turrets and added 8 Shotgun turrets. At this point _ I'm not getting an issue with the popping of items.

NOW the base has 4 SMG and 8 Shotgun Turrets. ........ The spacing with shotgun is normal

There must be some kind of issue with turrets that TFP didn't catch and hopefully they will fix.

In my games, trees usually begin to vanish into invisibility at some point (usually when about one or two hundred new ones were planted). And only when the player char is looking in certain directions. Interestingly, their shadows still keep being visible and correctly rendered. And their invisibility occurs only occasionally, not always. It's usually OK in the first minutes after game loading.

Thus, everything around that exactly the same as what the thread starter is talking about and showing off. Except with trees instead of with workbenches and doors and so on.

Since it is dependent on the angle of view of the player char and it has appeared with recent versions only, i assume it having to do with optimization of the rendered scene content. Only in the latest versions (19 branch, i think), there were optimizations of suppressing things that should be behind the player. From that aspect, there could be some wrong calculation of the viewing direction of the player char. But since the shadows of the trees are still rendered, it looks like those trees are not only suppressed at a wrong angle, but also not sufficiently suppressed.

But since all that occurs only after some time of gameplay, there seems to be a bug at the bottom of the whole thing that is triggered from excessive scene loading. It looks like we are still poking in the dark at this point.

Edited by White-Gandalf
addition (see edit history)