My amazing suggestions

Hyuzen

Oh children of civilization. In the context of the apocalypse do not need a gym, because the character and so constantly carries an increased physical activity. Or do you work in the mine it's easy? or drive a wild pig in the field? and maybe get away from the bear or run 15 km per day with a backpack full of stones? and there probably you think that's too easy to build a house at least from the logs or concrete too lightweight material. Place the higher difficulty settings and you will no longer appear remarks stupid ideas like this. Too much food? Reduce the setting of the loot in the game. The whole point of the game boils down to to get the food and at the same time try not to die, no time for the gym. Thrown weapons? perhaps there is in this sense - to sense the question what kind of throwing weapons? knives, axes, javelins? Bicycle - a good and necessary. "You have a bunch of parts from the car but you can not collect it" - what? Really? ie To give every car in the analysis will be able to collect it? Well if the items are from one and the same vehicle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This less then amazing thread can die. Bikes have been stickied since forever as a wishlist item here - [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37967-Current-high-demand-Pimp-Dreams-(Constant-W-I-P)[/url] As for throwing weapons, heck no. Totally unrealistic against zombies. Try throwing a knife or another object with enough force to hit a moving coconut, let alone try to hit it with enough power to penetrate said coconut. It's just not practical.

[QUOTE=Hyuzen;124876]привет everybody. This is my list of suggestions: First of all i think what this game lacks is the ability to throw hatchets. Now talking about the ability to throw things, you throw rocks and tin cans like a complete wimp. With this we come to another suggestion: gyms. To throw rocks, tin cans and hatchets (if implemented) you would have to lift like a crazy mother♥♥♥♥er. My other suggestion is to put in bikes. To go faster with bikes you would also have to visit the gyms so your legs aren't weak. Since we're talking about driving, we need driveable cars. I mean look at all these car parts, but you can't make a car. And my last suggestion: breaking windows with rocks, why the hell can't you break windows with rocks? Oh yeah, you're a wimp because there are no gyms. Please take my suggestion seriously, thank you for reading.[/QUOTE] +1 for throwable weapons. wooden spear! should be the startup weapon, not a bow. -1 on gym, it's silly idea in survival theme(*) +1 on bicycle, in zombie apocalypse that would be great: silent, faster that running (runner can't catch rider) and much less straining, no fuel required, minimal maintenance needed. 0 on drive-able vehicles which are already in the works by Pimps. As are double wide garage doors for them. Both craftabe and also prefad garages will have functional opening garage doors. minibike is just 1st step to that direction. as it dies not require the player to enter inside them (which needs ton of code to written for it). All in all very good suggestion IMO. (*) Never mind realism, even on games current rules who would waste 100kg of metal of gym weights when you get all the exercise you need from running and fighting for you life.

[QUOTE=Roland;399923]Please no more bumping of this thread. If it generates actual discussion then fine. But if it is artificially bumped again it will be closed. Thanks. BTW: I like the idea of throwable weapons and bicycles.[/QUOTE] Throwable bicycles? Don't know about that. :angel: But I agree, bikes have been suggested many times. If they can 100 % fix the minibike I think it would be easy to add new vehicles (like the "Duke's hog" this motorbike they wanted to add).

[QUOTE=Hyuzen;151937]Bump[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Hyuzen;251897]Bump[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Hyuzen;317058]Bump[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Hyuzen;323876]Bump[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Hyuzen;371142]Bump[/QUOTE] Oh boy, someone's been busy; once more as the rituals go :eagerness: [ATTACH=CONFIG]13404[/ATTACH] Sorry, I can't help myself, this thread is almost 2 years old and has been revived several times :devilish:

[QUOTE=Mike06;399810]+1 for throwable weapons. wooden spear! should be the startup weapon, not a bow. [/QUOTE] wooden spear as close range weapons sounds good. You can craft one of tubes, or wood, whatever. I would not really throw them, but use them to keep zeds at bay

[QUOTE=argeos;399964]wooden spear as close range weapons sounds good. You can craft one of tubes, or wood, whatever. I would not really throw them, but use them to keep zeds at bay[/QUOTE] It's been discussed a thousand times, but a spear would make a horrible weapon for a zombie apocalypse. Try stabbing a coconut swinging on a rope with a screwdriver to get an idea for how easy it is to stab a zombie with enough force to penetrate the skull. Keep in mind any body shot with a spear would do absolutely nothing, and then your extremely likely to lose your weapon after the first kill if you get lucky when it gets stuck in the skull.

[QUOTE=Brian9824;399968]It's been discussed a thousand times, but a spear would make a horrible weapon for a zombie apocalypse. Try stabbing a coconut swinging on a rope with a screwdriver to get an idea for how easy it is to stab a zombie with enough force to penetrate the skull. [/QUOTE] Someone call the historians! Apparently spearmen, swordsmen, and arrowmen could never hit a slow moving large target that casually bobs in a predictable pattern! Everything we know is wrong!

[QUOTE=Brian9824;399968]It's been discussed a thousand times, but a spear would make a horrible weapon for a zombie apocalypse. Try stabbing a coconut swinging on a rope with a screwdriver to get an idea for how easy it is to stab a zombie with enough force to penetrate the skull. Keep in mind any body shot with a spear would do absolutely nothing, and then your extremely likely to lose your weapon after the first kill if you get lucky when it gets stuck in the skull.[/QUOTE] well lets see in relation to a head a coconut is about 75% of the size a screwdriver to a spear is about 0.5% the size so your scaling is off. more like try hitting a coconut with a cricket bat while listing slightly to either side.

[QUOTE=Deccypher;400998]well lets see in relation to a head a coconut is about 75% of the size a screwdriver to a spear is about 0.5% the size so your scaling is off. more like try hitting a coconut with a cricket bat while listing slightly to either side.[/QUOTE] That would make it even harder as you'd need to score a direct hit on the center of the skull or risk it glancing off harmlessly, the main point is even a direct perfect shot results in your spear getting stuck often. The spear was not meant to be used to punch thru the head, its designed for body thrusts where the sides of the spear would rip flesh and cause massive bleeding. [QUOTE=WhiteTiger225;400991]Someone call the historians! Apparently spearmen, swordsmen, and arrowmen could never hit a slow moving large target that casually bobs in a predictable pattern! Everything we know is wrong![/QUOTE] Last time I checked spears were never used on zombies. They also were never used for headshots because getting your spear stuck in a skull is a bad thing, and if you miss or it glances off your completely overextended and dead. The human skull is quite effective at causing weapons to glance off it if not hit directly due to the curved shape. Thats why most swordsman, archers, etc do not try to aim for the head and go for the body. Zombies in 7 days DO run, they do move in more unpredictable patterns, aka spider zombie, and so forth. So it compounds the problem even more. Here is fun scenario. Stab a zombie in the head with a spear and the 5 zombies around the one you stabbed now have a long pole to grab and pull you down to the ground.

[QUOTE=Brian9824;401112]That would make it even harder as you'd need to score a direct hit on the center of the skull or risk it glancing off harmlessly, the main point is even a direct perfect shot results in your spear getting stuck often. The spear was not meant to be used to punch thru the head, its designed for body thrusts where the sides of the spear would rip flesh and cause massive bleeding. Last time I checked spears were never used on zombies. They also were never used for headshots because getting your spear stuck in a skull is a bad thing, and if you miss or it glances off your completely overextended and dead. The human skull is quite effective at causing weapons to glance off it if not hit directly due to the curved shape. Thats why most swordsman, archers, etc do not try to aim for the head and go for the body. Zombies in 7 days DO run, they do move in more unpredictable patterns, aka spider zombie, and so forth. So it compounds the problem even more. Here is fun scenario. Stab a zombie in the head with a spear and the 5 zombies around the one you stabbed now have a long pole to grab and pull you down to the ground.[/QUOTE] Zombies are not real... A spear would be nice as a weapon.

[QUOTE=Henshaw;401160]Zombies are not real... A spear would be nice as a weapon.[/QUOTE] Just because zombies aren't real doesn't change the basic laws of physics. It also didn't magically make spearmen aim for people's heads because they knew it was a bad idea. The spear is a thrusting weapon and it was meant for specific roles that do not translate into zombie killing. Against calvary it was incredible, combined with a shield phalanx it was incredible, and so forth. The best historical tactics in the world would fall apart though under a zombie onslaught. A spartan's shield + spear wall would be ripped apart as the spear thrusts would not stop the zombies and they'd lose their weapons quickly. It's the same reason why a tank against a horde of zombies would not work well, nor would firing missiles or mortars into them. The technology is great at what it does, but a lethal weapon doesn't always translate into an awesome zombie killing tool. Trying to penetrate the skull with a spear just makes no sense from a weapon perspective and is unrealistic and would leave you open to getting mauled. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=WhiteTiger225;401210]Winner ^ Know what a spear becomes when the head breaks off? A pole, a good "Keep at Bay" tool.[/QUOTE] Except the pole of a spear is not like that of a club where its a heavy dense wood. It's actually often a lighter wood, or aluminum type material that is light weight and strong so it wouldn't have the stopping power to crush a skull. Something like a mace or Halberd would be far more effective at killing zombies. A mace concentrates the force of the swing on a smaller point which is ideal for penetrating a skull and a halberd gives you a mix of smashing and blunt ideal for skull crushing.

It may not change the law of physics, but it changes some biological laws. ...also, 7 day zombies can be killed by body shots. No walking dead rules apply. Spears are fine, and preferable since they have a long reach; as a start weapon, even if they did minimal damage, they'd be amazeballs because you'd stand a chance in melee, whereas now when you start, good luck doing any fighting those first few days...

[QUOTE=Guppycur;402571]It may not change the law of physics, but it changes some biological laws. ...also, 7 day zombies can be killed by body shots. No walking dead rules apply. Spears are fine, and preferable since they have a long reach; as a start weapon, even if they did minimal damage, they'd be amazeballs because you'd stand a chance in melee, whereas now when you start, good luck doing any fighting those first few days...[/QUOTE] You can survive fighting just fine with a bow and a club, you just have to be careful. Considering you can craft while gathering more supplies it isn't too hard to get your weapon skill up these days. Make lots of arrows and then make your bow.

A barbed club can really be effective, too, you just have to try for head shots, especially with the tougher zombies. A spiked club is way better than a machete in my book, especially considering you can make more of them, but head shots with a machete are fun. :p

• 7 months later...
+1 for thrown weapons, if you want some more Amazing ideas check out my threads. My other idea posts: Captureable functional POI's with unique uses: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...805#post536805[/url] New Apocalyptic weather: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...lyptic-weather[/url]! Make Combat Great Again: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52702-Make-Combat-Fun-Again!!!!!-2016[/url]

[QUOTE=FatsackTony;536824]+1 for thrown weapons, if you want some more Amazing ideas check out my threads. My other idea posts: Captureable functional POI's with unique uses: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...805#post536805[/url] New Apocalyptic weather: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...lyptic-weather[/url]! Make Combat Great Again: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52702-Make-Combat-Fun-Again!!!!!-2016[/url][/QUOTE] No no no seٌor. This clearly says "[I]My[/I] amaing suggestions". Get out of here with your ♥♥♥♥

Archived