A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

On 10/4/2020 at 8:49 AM, xyth said:

Thanks.  I didn't add a new mega snake and stag so maybe those are from another pack or otherwise something is scaling the vanilla animals.

The sound rolls off with distance so you hear them when close but I can increase the volume next rebuild.  

I don't know what's causing it, but I love it, lol! There is a mega Stag, I just saw mega boars yesterday. The snake is still around. You're right something is scaling vanilla animals and allowing some enemy animals to spawn. I'm just enjoying it. Your birds are so cool!

Got some pics this time.

20201004100734_1.jpg

20201014040627_1.jpg

20201014051234_1.jpg

Pushed 19.2 update to the animals.   Birds have 2 sounds systems now.  A constant single clip attached to the character in Unity that has a range of 150 blocks and a logarithmic distance rolloff.  The old system with additional sounds will only be heard when near the character as before, such as when it attacks or flys close.   Consolidated sounds into fewer bundles.  Fix Alcatraz size issue.

Also pushed a minor update for the Humans to mostly standardize some xml.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Thanks for the update :)

Just tested it now, the new birds sounds are great, only issue now is that I have so many birds spawning I hear singing all the time :D
For the distant birds sounds I think there should be more pauses in between, but as said I have different spawn groups for birds so I have much more birds that was intended from the mod.
The snow tornado is amazing, the snow storm is also great. And the bats is great to use in burnt forest, also the fox is awesome, and the goat is great in desert. With this animal mod and zombie mod I can make theme based animal and zed spawning for each biome :D
I made new groups for birds for each biome and added to spawning so I get much more birds than other animals.
Really amazing work with this packs, thanks for doing this :)

Update:
I love the new birds sounds from distant, but with 3-4 birds in the areas it is too much Im sorry to say.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

If I had more time I would drag all the sounds into an editor and add additional quiet time at the end of each clip so there would  be a built in delay between calls.  A quicker solution is to reduce the range of the sounds so fewer birds are in range at any given time.  I can drop the range from 150M to some smaller value, 100M or even less.   

2 hours ago, xyth said:

If I had more time I would drag all the sounds into an editor and add additional quiet time at the end of each clip so there would  be a built in delay between calls.  A quicker solution is to reduce the range of the sounds so fewer birds are in range at any given time.  I can drop the range from 150M to some smaller value, 100M or even less.   

Hi again, that would be great, at least for me, I love the birds and I cant play without them now. Its really nice to hear them in distant, maybe 75 meters is ok.
Another way to create pause is to put in 50% of silent sound files, I did that before in other games, that will create quite times. This combined with range reduction would be a great combination.

• xyth pinned and unpinned this topic
On 10/21/2020 at 1:42 AM, xyth said:

Pushed update to animals lowering range of bird sound clips from 150M to 100M.  My hearing isn't the best, but even with the clips volume leveled, some seem louder than others, like the Altatraz.

That was much better than 150 meter, but Im sorry to say, due to the fact that that most of this bird sounds dont have any pause, it still get pretty repetitive and intense, at least for me. To make it less repetitive it need a longer pause or reduce distant distant to 20-40m or something like that, that will still be a great improvement from what is was originally, and instead of hearing the birds continuously they will be heard from time to time. I think will make the birds great.

Absolute fantastic, you nailed it, the delay did it. Walking around in the forest with many birds make such a great atmosphere now. Thanks again for making all this animals, I'm using all of them in my next game with friends. Just wish there was more mods that added more new animals and birds, just love making different setup for each biome.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, xyth said:

I have lots more birds and animals, so once the WinterWeen mod is released I should have time to add more.  Any requests?  

No one asked me, but I'll throw some in for consideration if requests are being requested :)

Birds:

- Grackle, because of the sounds: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Common_Grackle/sounds

- Some sort of owls. Snowy Owl?  There's a "Barred Owl" sound on this page: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/how-to-learn-bird-songs-and-calls/

and other unique bird sounds on the page/site

- Some sort of yellow bird, just for visuals.

- Quail?  Even just for "faraway effect" like the circling bird swarms.

Animals:

- Skunk.  Why? Because if you chase them, they can "attack" from behind, so you don't chase them.

- Squirrel/mouse/chipmunk - Just something "small and fast".  Maybe invisible but just have the sounds?  It would be nice to visually see them though.

- Raccoon.

- Frogs?  Kinda pointless like the small animals above, but I'm thinking just for the immersive sounds, esp. at night.

- More snakes.  Like "poisonous" colored ones that might need serious consideration vs "Look! its that pesky brown snake again. meh".

- The only "large, unique" Arizona animal I could find (for hunting) is a Bison or a BIghorn Sheep

On 10/23/2020 at 1:35 PM, xyth said:

I have lots more birds and animals, so once the WinterWeen mod is released I should have time to add more.  Any requests?  

POSSIBLE TODO:

- Roadrunners (INSTEAD OF chickens), Gila Monsters and Scorpions for Desert biome.

- Gators/Crocodiles, Snapping Turtles and Venomous Watersnakes (Nerodia fasciata - AZ version of water moccasin or cottonmouth) for Water biome.

- Quail (INSTEAD OF chickens), Badgers, Red Foxes and Gazelle/Antelope for Forest biome.

- Mountain Sheep and Snowy Owls for Snow biome.

- Raccoons and Rats random chance to spawn upon searching trashcans/dumpsters in City biome.

SEPERATE POSSIBLE TODO:

- Infected or heavily mutated versions of any existing animals for your zombie creature pack - think Grace or zombie vultures/bears/dogs, and Swarms for small infected critters.

- XTRA pass: Creatures only spawn in appropriate biome(s).

- XTRA pass: Creature AI is appropriate to actual animals behavior (fight, flight, fight if injured), proximity (attack when too close), SIZE of prey  (if any). i.e. Healthy foxes won't attack prey significantly larger than themselves, but Honeybadger don't care...

spacer.png

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

1 hour ago, new7daylive said:

Is it safe to assume that the creature packs wont play nice with a mod like Romero?

Try it and see. I had quite a few other mods running last play with creature packs without issues (3gb worth)