Console News

The Fun Pimp

I know this is kind of late and maybe a bit far fetched. But would they support it if we did some sort of kickstarter? Or maybe sign a petition? I remember someone earlier posting a link for a petition or something along those lines.

Hello.

No way.

They were clear on this :

The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console ... Full console ports cost into the millions of dollars

Do you want have so much money to spend ?

Do you have console-skilled programmers in your friend list ?

-> TFP wrote it clear, no hope from them. Period.

I know this is kind of late and maybe a bit far fetched. But would they support it if we did some sort of kickstarter? Or maybe sign a petition? I remember someone earlier posting a link for a petition or something along those lines.

That has been mentioned, and someone already started a petition. Just look a few posts back. Sorry cannot remember who started it, but they gave them credit in the post.

TFP have said, after PC goes gold, they might do something. Until PC goes gold or TFP change their stance, nothing is going to happen. There were pretty clear about when they started this thread.

They will need to hire a studio like Iron Galaxy to continue the port. It will still cost millions of dollars.

There is also the major issue with bringing the console build more up-to-date with the PC version requiring all existing save games to be wiped due to compatibility issues, and the console will not allow that. (Sony and MS rules, not a technical issue.)

It's pretty clearly outlined that they want to continue supporting the console, but there's a lot of ♥♥♥♥ that needs to happen first. The outlook is unclear, but they do hope to be successful with it eventually. There are still a lot of financial and legal issues that must be resolved before this will happen.

I smell a little bit of BS. Because the game was released as EA or Preview status I thought the rules of breaking game saves was allowed because it was released as a preview product. Unless it actually was released as a gold product then that was interesting considering how game breaking each major alpha is there was no way to continue porting new systems or the massive overhaul. The port was not ready and should not have proceeded for a quick buck when the game still has alot of development to go. Hence why most devs wait till a game is complete to port so there is little parity between versions

I smell a little bit of BS. Because the game was released as EA or Preview status I thought the rules of breaking game saves was allowed because it was released as a preview product. Unless it actually was released as a gold product then that was interesting considering how game breaking each major alpha is there was no way to continue porting new systems or the massive overhaul. The port was not ready and should not have proceeded for a quick buck when the game still has alot of development to go. Hence why most devs wait till a game is complete to port so there is little parity between versions

Except that Telltale chose to release it as a finished product, and not as EA or Preview.

Just another way Telltale ♥♥♥♥ed over console players.

• 2 weeks later...
Except that Telltale chose to release it as a finished product, and not as EA or Preview.

Just another way Telltale ♥♥♥♥ed over console players.

The biggest issue with 7 Days to Die, whether on PC or console, is that TFP seem to have no solid idea as to what kind of game they want to make. This thing has been in development since late 2013(Windows) and early 2014(Linux) and has seen so many iterations that it could have released each major change in mechanics as it's own individual game release.

TFP is an independent development "company" that has been working on the same game for at least 5 to 6 years, if not longer. They seem to have no set game design or idea for how the game should work mechanically, given how many times the stat system has changed. They appear to be too indecisive about what their game should be beyond the basic idea of a zombie apocalype crafting game. Or as some people have noted, Minecraft for adults.

In the end, the damage to their reputation falls squarely on TFP. No one else. They decided to sell the rights to their IP for whatever reason, money to develop their PC version does seem like the most logical reason to me since from day 1 they've stated PC was their priority. Who really knows though, besides TFP? Could be they were hoping to expand into the console market but were unaware what that would mean exactly. Since console manufacturers have actual control over what games are released/updated on their platform. Compare to the open market of PC development where there is no authoritative middle man standing between PC developers and their consumer base.

I firmly believe that while TellTale games is primarily responsible for the failure of 7 Days to Die on consoles, like 95% responsible or more, the damage to TFP's reputation is solely on them. They decided to take their IP into a market they didn't know or understand or even really care about, chose to accept the offer of a publisher known more for their interactive comic book style games for whaever reason, and made promises and platitudes they knew they could not meet. It was a combination of indecision, ignorance, and naivety that landed TFP where they are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, TellTale going under was a major cause of the console failure. But I'm pretty sure bankruptcy wasn't their actual goal. Blame TellTale for 7DtD's console failure. But you cannot ignore TFP's part in this debacle. TellTale made poor business decisions that cost them their company. TFP made poor business decisions that harmed their reputation. And since they have only this one game as an example of their work and IP, it is all they can be judged by as a gamie developer. The "our employees have families we have to consider" argument is an attempt to justify necessary current business decisions by trying deflect valid criticism over bad business decisions made in the past.

Hopefully they learned from this, they took a risk to help fund PC development further(You're an idiot if you think it wasn't) and it did them harm. Only time will tell if it was more harm than benefit.

Edited by MJS101104 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Look at it thru the facts, TELLTALE sold you the broken game, not TFP who had nothing to do with the development. Telltale licensed the rights to the game and produced the version that you then bought.

Then Telltale went out of business and couldn't keep producing updates on the game.

It's like blaming a book author if a movie studio buys the rights to their movie and then makes a bad movie based off of it.

Everyone really needs to stop acting like TFP had nothing to do with this. their name is still on the console version of the game and if telltale was ♥♥♥♥ing everyone over and not showing any improvment over the last 2 years they should have done something about all of this wayyyy before it ever even got to this point. it's ridiculous that people here actually think that TFP doesnt deserve any blame whatsoever just because they say it was all telltale's fault. honestly it feels like they just bought the rights back so no one else could make the game. either that or they were the only ones going for it because clearly they dont plan on working on it for a long time.

...clearly they dont plan on working on it for a long time.

Hello.

We have a word for this in France : "you're smashing down open doors".

They wrote it clear and loud :

The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console ... this would likely happen after the PC version has gone gold and could end up being an entirely new product or on the next console.

Without TTG, this bugged console version would simply never have existed.

So choose your scapegoat for blaming :

- TFP for being a PC only developer

- TTG for lack of debugging an alpha version before shipping the product as "final" to consoles.

Hello.

- TTG for lack of debugging an alpha version before shipping the product as "final" to consoles.

Think trying to explain to people is like talking to a brick wall. They see and read what they want to. Sometimes you have to even spell it completely out because they don't read between the lines very well either. Because it has been said by many that TFP do have blame in this to a point but that blame is that they shouldn't of sold the rights so soon from the start. After the rights was sold not much they could of done. Anyway it is like beating a dead horse the information is here so not much left to really say about it.

Hello.

TFP it is then for selling the rights to an unfinished game for the sole purpose of reinvesting the money into the PC version. TFP knew what they were doing and they knew they were screwing the console players noway they didnt. TFP can claim to be a "family" company but they're a business same as any other

I have pretty much given up on any future updates for 7DTD on Xbox, which is both disappointing and understandable. That said, I'm ready and willing to buy a console sequel as soon as one might exist.

Totally agree, but unfortunately we are in limbo until the PC goes gold. But I agree that is when we will hear the current version out right now is dead. I hope when it goes gold they do re-release it for next gen console, but just come clean on the current version being dead.

Or talk to us about costs, and lets talk about a kickstart run.

Being honest. I understand tfp weren't responsible for porting or updates on console. That being said I feel as though they still have a responsibility to us console players. If not then why get the rights back just to shut console down. I'm sure they are thinking lets just sell them, make more money off console players to further their pc game again. All that being said my family has purchased four copies of this game. We own it on ps4 and xbox one. Although many people say they have issues/bugs none of my family has encountered any. I don't know how other people feel but we all love the game. Now would any of us buy dlc update...yes. To promote further updates. Would we buy a new game same title or a second version of the game no. Why would we? So everyone can just be told its not our problem or our fault again....no, I don't think so. PC players can make all the excuses from the console not being able to run the game to it was on pc first and so on. Truth of it is, the console rights selling saved and ensured the future of pc development. My advice sell your rights again, keep your console followers or lose most of them forever.

Edited by SourPatchBreezy (see edit history)

Being honest. I understand tfp weren't responsible for porting or updates on console. That being said I feel as though they still have a responsibility to us console players. If not then why get the rights back just to shut console down. I'm sure they are thinking lets just sell them, make more money off console players to further their pc game again. All that being said my family has purchased four copies of this game. We own it on ps4 and xbox one. Although many people say they have issues/bugs none of my family has encountered any. I don't know how other people feel but we all love the game. Now would any of us buy dlc update...yes. To promote further updates. Would we buy a new game same title or a second version of the game no. Why would we? So everyone can just be told its not our problem or our fault again....no, I don't think so. PC players can make all the excuses from the console not being able to run the game to it was on pc first and so on. Truth of it is, the console rights selling saved and ensured the future of pc development. My advice sell your rights again, keep your console followers or lose most of them forever.

Where to start, guess I will start from what I would call the top and work my way down. This is also just my opinion on it not facts even if some of what I say could be facts. This is also coming from someone that has it on ps4 and PC and have had it on both for several years.

So first thing I will say is they never said they wasn't going to do anything else with console just highly unlikely it will be the current gen console. They never thought TT would go bankrupt and when it was announced I'm sure they didn't think it would get drugged out like it did which ended up costing more money then they thought it would. So now they spent more money then they thought to get the rights back. Now they are stuck with hardly any income coming from console because most of that came already and TT got that income. Now with that money gone for the rights back now it cost even more money to be able to update the current gen and that don't count towards extra update that follow to fix this bug or that bug that may or may not pop up with a new update. So yeah sure they are to blame for selling the rights of an unfinish version but at the time I'm sure they had no idea it go this way and I mean who would? But without money and the game is still unfinished are they goin to go bankrupt themselves to do what some feel is the right thing to do? Sometimes stuff happens and you just gotta eat it. I know I wouldn't risk ending up like TT did but that is just me.

So now we are left with the only way console gets anything is for them to finish the pc and then release a new and finished game (yeah sure it is the same game) on next gen console. Sorry if anyone don't agree that the current gen is to low specs but this is just 100% facts that current gen can't match what the pc is right now. Sure another update was being worked on but honestly it was probably going to be the last update anyway as far as content goes. Next gen will or at least should have the specs to handle the pc version so it will basically be a new game even if it is the same game.

Getting the rights back it wouldn't really matter if it was TFP or someone else. If someone else got the rights to the game it would still most likely be on a shelf somewhere collecting dust. Say you got the rights if you have no or very little income because the game is several years old how can you afford to do a proper update? Same goes for TFP. I doubt they will sale the rights again as to what happened the first time and who blames them? Would you risk going through this again? One time isn't bad enough? So doubt the will sale them and doubt with it being an older title nobody would want to buy the rights anyway unless they thinking like TFP and saying next gen will bring more money.

I would love nothing more then to see current gen consoles get some updates or at the very least the update that was being worked on. But reality is I highly doubt it will happen. As to what I said above plus more. Again sorry if anyone disagrees that the current gen can handle what the PC has but as someone that has close to a pretty high performance PC and has ps4 and xbox one (just not this game on xbox) the current gen can't and if you read the sticky threads that are on the subject you would understand that. If don't understand I honestly have no clue what to say. I could list more stuff but this stuff has already been said so it really just keeps getting repeated. So just goin to leave it what I said and sorry if it kinda all over the place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope

So I was just curious about something that you guys didnآ’t really specify. Is there anyway possible instead of adding new stuff to the game, could you fix the old stuff like the random game crashes and deleting all progress after a few crashes? I would just like to be able to build a base and it stay put instead of randomly crashing after about an hour and a good chance of the whole map resetting and losing the base and all the farmed equipment and resources.

• 2 weeks later...

Now while I certainly understand both sides of the argument my problem comes with the lack of appreciation for those on console. Had TFP come out and said while we cant give you the pc version for free we will provide all console players witha discount with proof of purchase of the console version. It wouldn't be exactly what we all wanted but at least show they cared where as all we've been told for nearly 2 years is blame TT or IG. I understand they are not a console developer but we did help grow their game for free, so we should at least be given an olive branch. What angers me is that we've been ignored and given bs answers. I understand during the initial breakup and auction of TT they can only say so much but there is far more that could and should have been done for us that they are fully capable of. I was going to be a happy purchaser of the PC version but due to the lack of appreciation for us ( console gamers ) I'm not sure if I'm willing to ever give TFP anymore money even though I love the game.

I know updates have to have the patch and has to go through certification from XBOX/PS4. But come on. I own plenty of other tiny indie games that drops patches weekly and monthly. Even worse case be cool if the whole PC port would just come to consoles and overwrites our old buggy MD5 game. It be a shame if The Fun Pimps decide not to give us a patch for MD5. But say well XBOX2/PS5 will have the full new gold PC ported version of 7 days to die. That be a slap in the face for this gen console owners. Tiny indie company or not. I seen plenty of my games get updated. Heck Star Dew Valley and Farm together. Just two tiny games that come to mind. I bought plenty of early access games as well that come out buggy but also at a lower price to more less be a beta tester. Did that for ARK and PUBG and many other games like Subnautica and what not.

I know updates have to have the patch and has to go through certification from XBOX/PS4. But come on. I own plenty of other tiny indie games that drops patches weekly and monthly. Even worse case be cool if the whole PC port would just come to consoles and overwrites our old buggy MD5 game. It be a shame if The Fun Pimps decide not to give us a patch for MD5. But say well XBOX2/PS5 will have the full new gold PC ported version of 7 days to die. That be a slap in the face for this gen console owners. Tiny indie company or not. I seen plenty of my games get updated. Heck Star Dew Valley and Farm together. Just two tiny games that come to mind. I bought plenty of early access games as well that come out buggy but also at a lower price to more less be a beta tester. Did that for ARK and PUBG and many other games like Subnautica and what not.

TFP simply dont care though as they are only a pc company. Whatever money and interest came from the console base has never been acknowledged. So yes in short TFP see no problem telling us to simply rebuy either on PC or on next gen console because its just more money in their pockets. We are a throw away market for them that's all we ever were

TFP simply dont care though as they are only a pc company. Whatever money and interest came from the console base has never been acknowledged. So yes in short TFP see no problem telling us to simply rebuy either on PC or on next gen console because its just more money in their pockets. We are a throw away market for them that's all we ever were

Yeah good chance this gen console version is dead. What a shame. TFP shouldn't of sold their rights to have it ported to consoles then if their not strong enough to play on. Besides TFP did take the money from TTG. Not sure what kinda sales XBOX1/PS4 made through the years. I just started playing this game again. Its a blast. But back of my mind is when will the MD5 bug creep its ugly head into the game and dashboard the game and wipe out most of my builds. So I been not going to crazy building to much.

I also have 3 hard drives. I'll check later to see where this is installed at. If its internal I might move it to external. See if that does anything. Also maybe start making copies of game saves to another drive in case MD5 comes back. I bet there's a bad line of code somewhere that Galaxy let slip up in a patch. I said that years ago here saying the MD5 is nothing more then some weird memory dump. Still blood in the water for TFP. Yeah they sold their rights to TTG. But still. TFP took the money and maybe got some sales money off of each game to support the PC version. Well isn't the PC version making any money or what?

Yet TFP bought the auctioned console versions rights back. Shame their saying PC only dev's yet bought console rights back. I would of loved to seen Microsoft buy this. Heck they bought Minecraft for a lot back in the day. Yet this game is still on XBOX1 and PS4 store yet. Somebody must be making some kinda money yet.

Still be a shame this gen gets shafted but oh buy 7D2D Fall/Holiday season for XBOX2/PS5 launch systems. Or next year. I probably wont buy XBOX2 on launch day anyway. Usually 6 months or so are boring games any way. Heck Battlefield wont have a next gen game till late 2021 or early 2022 either. Kinda bummed about that. Heck I even exclusively played 7D2D on XBOX1 yesterday since I finished chapter 5 for BF5 and finished last weeks Tides of war unlocks early.

Cracking beers and killing zombies was a blast last night. Still wished we got that last update from Galaxy. Not sure what content it had. I would of been tickled pink if it only fixed the MD5 bug for XBOX1. Then yeah, i'd buy a sequel next gen for 7D2D2 or whatever next gen. Also doubt my lap top can play the PC version. So why bother handing out more money when I bought it from TTG? Its a real tear in my beer to say the least.

I even had some luck yesterday finding two wrenches. I didn't build a work bench or chem lab or forge yet. Seems when you got to many things built and thing operating the MD5 bug says hello. I even turn my camp fires off. But I did make a bunch of torches and candles placed at all the run down broken buildings around the neighborhood. I suppose that's a no no. Seems weird coming back after not playing it since early last year. That server I had like over 250 or 300 days on it and gotten the MD5 bug three times.

First day back I goofed up. Couldn't remember how the camp fire worked. I was thinking how on the game ARK you placed the food in the fire. On here you keep it on you then do the recipe. Figured it out second stop back at the campfire.

Yeah good chance this gen console version is dead. What a shame. TFP shouldn't of sold their rights to have it ported to consoles then if their not strong enough to play on. Besides TFP did take the money from TTG. Not sure what kinda sales XBOX1/PS4 made through the years. I just started playing this game again. Its a blast. But back of my mind is when will the MD5 bug creep its ugly head into the game and dashboard the game and wipe out most of my builds. So I been not going to crazy building to much.

I also have 3 hard drives. I'll check later to see where this is installed at. If its internal I might move it to external. See if that does anything. Also maybe start making copies of game saves to another drive in case MD5 comes back. I bet there's a bad line of code somewhere that Galaxy let slip up in a patch. I said that years ago here saying the MD5 is nothing more then some weird memory dump. Still blood in the water for TFP. Yeah they sold their rights to TTG. But still. TFP took the money and maybe got some sales money off of each game to support the PC version. Well isn't the PC version making any money or what?

Yet TFP bought the auctioned console versions rights back. Shame their saying PC only dev's yet bought console rights back. I would of loved to seen Microsoft buy this. Heck they bought Minecraft for a lot back in the day. Yet this game is still on XBOX1 and PS4 store yet. Somebody must be making some kinda money yet.

Still be a shame this gen gets shafted but oh buy 7D2D Fall/Holiday season for XBOX2/PS5 launch systems. Or next year. I probably wont buy XBOX2 on launch day anyway. Usually 6 months or so are boring games any way. Heck Battlefield wont have a next gen game till late 2021 or early 2022 either. Kinda bummed about that. Heck I even exclusively played 7D2D on XBOX1 yesterday since I finished chapter 5 for BF5 and finished last weeks Tides of war unlocks early.

Cracking beers and killing zombies was a blast last night. Still wished we got that last update from Galaxy. Not sure what content it had. I would of been tickled pink if it only fixed the MD5 bug for XBOX1. Then yeah, i'd buy a sequel next gen for 7D2D2 or whatever next gen. Also doubt my lap top can play the PC version. So why bother handing out more money when I bought it from TTG? Its a real tear in my beer to say the least.

I even had some luck yesterday finding two wrenches. I didn't build a work bench or chem lab or forge yet. Seems when you got to many things built and thing operating the MD5 bug says hello. I even turn my camp fires off. But I did make a bunch of torches and candles placed at all the run down broken buildings around the neighborhood. I suppose that's a no no. Seems weird coming back after not playing it since early last year. That server I had like over 250 or 300 days on it and gotten the MD5 bug three times.

First day back I goofed up. Couldn't remember how the camp fire worked. I was thinking how on the game ARK you placed the food in the fire. On here you keep it on you then do the recipe. Figured it out second stop back at the campfire.

Just wait until the spawn location change for no reason and you have spawns in the nice safe base you made lol

Just wait until the spawn location change for no reason and you have spawns in the nice safe base you made lol

Zombie spawns? Yeah I use to get those on my old game save. Didn't matter though. All my bases I build off the ground. Play the role of Robinhood. As for my idea to make a copy of the game saves. Guess only way to do that is make a entire copy of the whole game and copy all, then move it to another hard drive. Not sure how it will work though with two 7d2d games on two drives goes. Does the XBOX1 then ask which one you want? Or I pick exactly which thumb nail one I want? Some one else had a idea of a work around about the MD5 bug. They said go into manage game file then delete the XBOX version but keep the LIVE version. So when booting up it would load the LIVE version back to console. I never tried that. But figured MD5 happens so fast no time to back out of game at all.

My only other idea for a work around would be Galaxy/TFP patch in a manual save option that creates its own save spot. But also have the auto save as well yet which wont overwrite each other. Better to have more then one way to save it. Then if you get MD5 bug just delete that save. Then go back to a old save. Then make a new save after loading that save so have two saves for that map.

I believe the md5 error occurs when the game is loading the world and finds a corrupt block so it resets the area surrounding said block.

Therefore you're fine until you try loading again, just make sure you go straight to the game file screen and delete the local save before restarting and you should be fine, although i have heard it can still occur i've not had any problems in the past year or so,.......

I believe the md5 error occurs when the game is loading the world and finds a corrupt block so it resets the area surrounding said block.

Therefore you're fine until you try loading again, just make sure you go straight to the game file screen and delete the local save before restarting and you should be fine, although i have heard it can still occur i've not had any problems in the past year or so,.......

So deleting the local XBOX save works? Then booting up the game loads off of LIVE servers then. Might try that. Another fix but would need a patch is Galaxy/TFP patch in a option to copy a save. Since the option so far is load or delete the saves. Or add in manual save besides the auto save. Need a better way to have a copy of a file. Other wise copying all 6.5GB of 7d2d to another hard drive would get old doing that daily. Not sure how fast I can transfer a game to another hard drive. Should be kinda quick since its in the system. Its not a download. How does the game get a corrupt block? Digging?

So deleting the local XBOX save works? Then booting up the game loads off of LIVE servers then. Might try that. Another fix but would need a patch is Galaxy/TFP patch in a option to copy a save. Since the option so far is load or delete the saves. Or add in manual save besides the auto save. Need a better way to have a copy of a file. Other wise copying all 6.5GB of 7d2d to another hard drive would get old doing that daily. Not sure how fast I can transfer a game to another hard drive. Should be kinda quick since its in the system. Its not a download. How does the game get a corrupt block? Digging?

The inability to copy saves is a limitation forced my Microsoft. You are able to do this on the Playstation. Playstation doesn't have the MD5 bug like MS does though. And again, that's due to MS's choices on the file system. Why they would use a bastardized version of an out-dated file system is beyond me.