Should I restart?

Kage848

Hello zombie slayers. I have an issue. My current lp is getting long in the tooth. I'm coming up on episode 80. I have been waiting for a RWG update fix that would force a restart. But this is going on and on.

So my question is, what the info on RWG fixes? Is a forced restart updating coming? Or should I just restart now?

Thanks in advance.

madmole posted on Twitter yesterday some pictures of a new RWG version but no information whether it will come with alpha 17.3 or with alpha 18. Also no information if or when 17.3 comes and if the version will be compatible.

Maybe you should do a poll among your viewers.

A randomised (but frequent) horde night with no warning might be more amusing for viewers.

Glock 9 currently makes a series with each night a bloodmon horde. But as he is a dead is dead player, it will be very short like most of his series.

JaWoodle makes a hardcore series. 10 minutes days on insane, zombies always on nightmare speed and with random bloodmoon horde. In the beginning very entertaining but I doubt that the series will run for more than a few episodes.

Hello zombie slayers. I have an issue. My current lp is getting long in the tooth. I'm coming up on episode 80. I have been waiting for a RWG update fix that would force a restart. But this is going on and on.

Kage i watch every episode you put out, you were the first streamer i started watching. Yesterday i turned on your latest episode and for the first time i skipped through one of your videos. id prefer watching you doing restart after restart like when you were waiting for A17 to go stable, because like you said its getting a little long in the tooth.

Just some guys two cents! love your stuff.

Yea think I'm gonna restart then. Maybe I'll do a horde every night playthrough.

I just started a horde every night playthrough and it is tough! Biggest hurdle has been getting ammo and most nights I end up having to use stone arrows as they are much easier to get in good qty's. Im up to Day 10 I think, have died twice (both times from getting too close to the edge of the wooden bars and falling on the heads of the zombies) I am just starting to think about a base now and again the resources will be the hardest to collect.

My vote is for you to start a new playthrough, I love the early game stuff

I'm a fan, Kage. 75 years old, play old school on PS4, and A17 on my iMac via Steam. Can't figure out how to comment on individual videos, so trying this method. Watched your last episode on Insane/64 Zs, and got a kick out of it. I'm not as much a builder as you are, but appreciate your skills. How about Bloodmoon every other night. Still quite a challenge, but allows some scavenging/building time? Keep up the excellent work!

A randomised (but frequent) horde night with no warning might be more amusing for viewers.

I really wish this was an option you could set. Once you get past day 42 or so, your base is so solid that a week is more than enough time. Having that surprise lightning at 1800 when you're out doing a quest, midway through the apartments? Jeeze louise.

madmole posted on Twitter yesterday some pictures of a new RWG version but no information whether it will come with alpha 17.3 or with alpha 18. Also no information if or when 17.3 comes and if the version will be compatible.

Maybe you should do a poll among your viewers.

They said previously that the RWG update would be a 17.x release and would be out "soon"... Of course, this is TFP talking so "soon" might not be until next year...

I hope it isn't slated for A18. A17 RWG is badly broken, we scrapped it on our server and went back to Navesgane.

They said previously that the RWG update would be a 17.x release and would be out "soon"... Of course, this is TFP talking so "soon" might not be until next year...

I hope it isn't slated for A18. A17 RWG is badly broken, we scrapped it on our server and went back to Navesgane.

I tried going to Navesgane but damn that map is to small.

I tried going to Navesgane but damn that map is to small.

The map is small but all POIs are present. But only once.

At least there are not 50 waterworks and 200 radio towers :)

The only thing I don't like about the Navezgane map are the many hills. There are hardly any suitable places for a large base.

The only thing I don't like about the Navezgane map are the many hills. There are hardly any suitable places for a large base.

I once used the empty lot on the NW corner of Diersville to build a decent sized base. Wasn't huge, but decent sized at least.

I once used the empty lot on the NW corner of Diersville to build a decent sized base. Wasn't huge, but decent sized at least.

I solved the problem by tearing down a hill. Now I have enough space and a box full of clay :)

During an overflight with the gyrocopter I also saw that there is apparently South East from Diresville in A17 a flat area next to the Shamway Foodstore. I'll have to take a closer look.

Skycrapers like they had in A16? I haven't seen any, but admittedly haven't migrated far from Diersville. We headed west down the road from Diersville a bit and just started leveling the hillside, now we have 3 bases being built across the river to the north. And many chests full of clay and rocks and iron. Carved a tunnel through the hills to the south so we wouldn't have to go over or around the hills when we wanted to head south. Slowly but surely making it a home away from home.

I finally decided to just pick a spot and make it work. I used to spend too much time looking for the right spot, never really finding it. Now I make the spot right instead :).

Compared to how broken RWG is right now, Navezgane doesn't seem to be so small after all.

Skycrapers like they had in A16? I haven't seen any, but admittedly haven't migrated far from Diersville.

The skyscrapers are located in a separate city in the desert. It is located in the southwest corner of the map. What you should really look at is Perishton in the northwest corner of the map. It's a completely different city now.

I really wish this was an option you could set. Once you get past day 42 or so, your base is so solid that a week is more than enough time. Having that surprise lightning at 1800 when you're out doing a quest, midway through the apartments? Jeeze louise.

I think if I had any vehicle, I'd run to the roof, plop it down and ride off the building once I saw the first zombie climb up!

If I didn't I would knock out the ladder to the roof and hope for the best. :)

But deep in any of the HQ buildings! OMG!! :D

Archived