Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I've trouble collecting them, actually. E vacuum doesn't work, I gotta put them in the cross hairs at odd angles.

Hmmmm. As I think about it I guess I don’t hold e down to vacuum in the arrows but I go near the body and I tap tap tap tap tap and each tap collects an arrow but my cursor isn’t on them. I even get arrows that are out of sight because the zombie rolled over on top of them

I've trouble collecting them, actually. E vacuum doesn't work, I gotta put them in the cross hairs at odd angles.

I can verify that if my crosshairs do not see the arrow a can't "E Vac" the arrows. I should be able to do an E VAC for arrows in a radius similar to when picking up items that have dropped.

Yes, I found a new high level of respect for this with the new penalty.

if you play the game on a dead is dead mode at Default + 1 or even insane you quickly learn the value of sneak, crouch, and range options. I play most of the time as a Ranged (compound Bow) with maxed out range perks and mods as well as max out sneak/ninja perks.

as soon as I go all Leroy I die a lot...my son is a Leroy -he wants to jump in and run and fight and he levels fast but he dies a often and thus I created the NearDeathTrauma Kit (5000 coins + 5 blood Bags + Steriod + Car Battery)

I can verify that if my crosshairs do not see the arrow a can't "E Vac" the arrows. I should be able to do an E VAC for arrows in a radius similar to when picking up items that have dropped.

You dont press E to pick up items in A18, you have to punch them or hit them with a stone axe. Part of the new unified pick up system.

strange because in my a18 i DO NOT have to be looking and hitting "E" to hover up stuff is a habit with me.. but i dont waste time looking for each arrow... i just spam the "E" and move on. not if i happen to see a stray arrow in a while i will walk over and fetch it.

strange because in my a18 i DO NOT have to be looking and hitting "E" to hover up stuff is a habit with me.. but i dont waste time looking for each arrow... i just spam the "E" and move on. not if i happen to see a stray arrow in a while i will walk over and fetch it.

ok so I can ignore SnowDog1942 dis-information? I was about to right a 3 part letter with yellow copy to MM and Pink copy to Roland about that

So Like the new book system. Any chance you can setup the Traders to give out Quest for Books? like "So you want to be Dirty Harry" sends you on a series of quest to get the books and the final maybe provides a weapon or ammo :)

if that happened, then books would just be a another common item and not something to try to find and appreciate... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, was just me trying to say how much i dislike having to punch a corn plant in the face to grab corn.

fear not... what i made note about has nothing to do with harvesting plants.. you still punch them.

and my way of collecting arrows only means i dont waste time looking for them... the game may see my cursor but i myself am not watching where the arrows are.

I never have access to medicated bandages. I've been slowly building up an aloe farm but if you just plant what seeds you find its not a lot.

Just take some duct tape, you can make a splint if you need one. Better yet, take a cooking pot you can make duct tape anywhere you go then, because there are almost always bones/vultures/dogs to get bones as you go, and just make some glue/tape/splint on the spot with a bit of work.

Why no access?

Isn't it more beneficial to use medicated bandages?

More healing.

Stop bleeding.

Less stacks used and so on?

Any chance you guys at TFP have fixed your garbage collector? It keeps unloading the texture for the charge bar that shows up when your drawing a bow, Maybe set it to NOT unload any UI elements?

The bar was using some old UI code. It was recently changed to use our XUI system, which most of the UI uses. The bar is now bigger and I have not seen it disappear since the change.

speaking of bars and throwing...i hope in A18 Molotov throwing is fixed. It sucks that i need literally a 5x5 opening to throw one . like, did the apocalypse of zombies give us bad hand eye coordination yet we can make guns with duct tape XD

For A18, I reworked and did a lot of testing on molotov, grenade, pipebomb, dynamite and timed charge throwing, moving and colliding. They seem good to me.

Hmmmm. As I think about it I guess I don’t hold e down to vacuum in the arrows but I go near the body and I tap tap tap tap tap and each tap collects an arrow but my cursor isn’t on them. I even get arrows that are out of sight because the zombie rolled over on top of them

The crosshair has to 'touch' the body to use [E] successfully. When stuck in a block you do have to 'find' the spot before you can use [E], a bit wonky also based on the angle you're facing it. So I understang Guppycur's comment having trouble collecting them. It is indeed a skill to master. Just saying.

Technically E pulls the objects towards you, but since an arrow is attached to a body, they can't just move on their own. We would have to detach them to vacuum towards you, so maybe...

Does the staff have a firm date on the Streaming weekend yet, or are you just prepping while stomping out a few more bugs? In other words, is the next Alpha in the next few weeks or is it firmly up in the air?

On a side note, you could have an over-sized glowie cockroach as an ode to all the bug fixing you've done that is rare (only comes out on nights and scatters when hit with light).

Glad you liked it. It was an interesting project. Just me and another programmer and our business partner.

Carbonite? is that a new A18 Mod?

I see lots of cool looking mods in Creative mode - I would love to seem them usable to make items.

for example I made a NearDeathTraumaKit recipe to remove NDT and would love to use that Battery and sparky looking mod :)

Archived