Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The biome mixer part of current RWG is the old A16 version which has been used while the A18 biome mixer is finished. You got a sneak peak of the rough draft for the new biome mixer in 17.1 if I'm not mistaken.

You are right. In a17 we just got a WIP. Nothing bothering, lots of expectations were broken, though. I am okay with it perfectly, some are not, but at last we will all get something much better.

The biome mixer part of current RWG is the old A16 version which has been used while the A18 biome mixer is finished. You got a sneak peak of the rough draft for the new biome mixer in 17.1 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm talking about the fact,that, they themselves to blame for the fact that people whine and complain.

I saw everything in the resources of the game for a long time and knew this state of affairs. I already made the return of the plains biomes a long time ago...

I'm talking about the fact that they are to blame for the fact that people whine and complain.

I saw everything in the resources of the game for a long time and knew this state of affairs. I've made the return of the plains biomes...

Noone blames them for nothing, they do their job, we do ours.

Noone blames them for nothing, they do their job, we do ours.

.....????.....hmm..... maybe translation.

I say that it's their fault that players complain about. Everything happens with their, unintentional provocation.

sorry about my english.

.....????.....hmm..... maybe translation.

I say that it's their fault that players complain about. Everything happens with their, unintentional provocation.

sorry about my english.

I repeat. We blame no one here, this is a discussion, not a place to put your order and wait for it to be done and ♥♥♥♥ around if devs didn`t did it. Simple.

I repeat. We blame no one here, this is a discussion, not a place to put your order and wait for it to be done and ♥♥♥♥ around if devs didn`t did it. Simple.

If players are complaining, that's their own fault.

???...

... nothing.

I'll go pump up my english :)

On the bright sight , we have thousands of hours more in this game than now. Who can complain of that ? Whooo ?

No...i'm not talking about that, okay, probably my bad, sorry.

(I would continue to explain but i do not understand where i wrote wrong.)

I have already paraphrased a hundred times in the translator and the result is the same :D

the essence of everything here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=979696&viewfull=1#post979696

Everything else - went into some incomprehensible to me. Perhaps you are reading posts that have a different meaning in isolation from the main context. You seem to be concentrating on one word ;)

Let's not talk about it, until we're kicked out. :D

I don't even understand why it went this way :)

On the bright sight , we will have thousands of hours more in this game than now. Who can complain of that ? Whooo ?

and... the answer to that: Is look around, everyone here is complaining. Or, you here see only satisfied people? This continues right into the adjacent thread.

No...i'm not talking about that, okay, probably my bad, sorry.

(I would continue to explain but i do not understand where i wrote wrong.)

I have already paraphrased a hundred times in the translator and the result is the same :D

basically you might be saying that it's TFP's fault for making all the goodies and teasing the public with it... ??? if that is where you are going... do a :) smiley to help because it just looks as tho you are just pointing fingers but with wrong attitude OR am I wrong? :)

basically you might be saying that it's TFP's fault for making all the goodies and teasing the public with it... ???

aaaammmm.....no.

I say you should just explain earlier that explained just now. That would help to avoid confusion...

Because, it was already known before and was not an unknown factor for devs.

or

....(Say the right things at the right time).

and

....(explain what is not obvious)

or

....not to confuse people by saying that biomes will be absent, but they will be present.

or

....to muddy the water in the pond

.... :chuncky:

just, devs had to say that, biomes will return!

Gup!!!

I'm being screwed! :D

Could you make Zeds "ragdoll" once they hit the ground? Just to not see them fall from 10 meters and land on their feet like gravity is a joke to them.

They can jump up 3 meters and stand on the zombies head thats in front of them. so there is no gravity and spoon doesnt bend.

I really like the variety of tier 1 weapons. Stone spear and stone sledgehammer for the win!

Oh, and speaking of tier 1 items... What about a stone hammer? I really liked the WotW mod that added stone hammers. If I remember right, they reduced build speed with the stone axe, but added the stone hammer. It made the game a bit more immersive. I mean, I always thought hammers were relatively pointless in vanilla since my base was usually fleshed out enough before finding one. The stone hammer solidified the builder role.

What are your thoughts on the stone hammer? I know the obvious is: Does it really add anything that the stone axe can't do? Is it worth "inconveniencing" the player?

The stone axe is the tier one hammer.

Speaking of RWG... screenshots of some nice A18 RWG landscapes and especially towns/cities would make me hard. Just fyi

While 17 rwg is playable now in 17.3..it pales compared to A16.

I think A18 RWG poops all over every previous ones. It looks pretty damn nice at least in the forest. I'll post some screens soon. Roads are great, hills and nice, bluffs and cliff walls near roads looks great. Feels very natural to me.

I'm using the crossbow in my current game, after never using since like A15. I can see why no one likes it anymore and it boils down to this:

It reloads automatically which makes it a death trap. Even when perking into the Archery Tree (faster aim and reload) it still makes it super dangerous to use, especially in tight POIs and higher game stages when you get runners.

This is the top reason no one uses the crossbow and blunderbuss. Automatic reload should be taken off of every weapon. It's just a weird mechanic.

@madmole

Leaving aside the weapons

* Will we have new beverage recipes?

* New vegetation? for the elaboration of new drinks?

* New foods?

* New clothes?

* New armor?

* New work table?

No. There is new purified water, recipes to unlock food, ghillie suit, no new armor no new workstations. We're happy with the amount of content in these areas. I would like to do a bit of alchemy yet and maybe a few more recipes that leverage cannned foods into better foods, and do some balance and special benefits to different foods but overall its close to where it needs to be.

Ah, I assume the Time Charge is the C4?

I was really really hoping for a kind of mine I could toss somewhere, and then pull out a triggering device to detonate it when I want to detonate it sort of thing. Any chance of seeing something like that in the future?

Thanks for the continued work on this awesome game!

Its possible. C4 is for blowing safes and raiding.

I'm using the crossbow in my current game, after never using since like A15. I can see why no one likes it anymore and it boils down to this:

It reloads automatically which makes it a death trap. Even when perking into the Archery Tree (faster aim and reload) it still makes it super dangerous to use, especially in tight POIs and higher game stages when you get runners.

This is the top reason no one uses the crossbow and blunderbuss. Automatic reload should be taken off of every weapon. It's just a weird mechanic.

Hate to be that guy, but the crossbow is my favorite weapon in the game and would ditch it in a second if I had to hit reload after every firing. Your warning about it being dangerous in close quarters is 100% accurate however and I have been overwhelmed many times. My take is that I just got careless and sometimes the cards just don't fall in your favor. I try to have a shotgun on standby for those times though. Do you not feel the same about the bow reloading automatically? I don't really see the difference and I know the bow is popular.

aaaammmm.....no.

I say you should just explain earlier that explained just now. That would help to avoid confusion...

Because, it was already known before and was not an unknown factor for devs.

or

....(Say the right things at the right time).

and

....(explain what is not obvious)

or

....not to confuse people by saying that biomes will be absent, but they will be present.

or

....to muddy the water in the pond

.... :chuncky:

just, devs had to say that, biomes will return!

Gup!!!

I'm being screwed! :D

He's saying that tfp is responsible for the content in the game, so whatever people's opinions are, it's their burden to have.

I'm talking about the fact,that, they themselves to blame for the fact that people whine and complain.

I saw everything in the resources of the game for a long time and knew this state of affairs. I already made the return of the plains biomes a long time ago...

Whining doesn't get results, intelligent compelling reasons do. What purpose does a big flat open field serve other than variety? Its bad for game play and visually sucks. All its good for is frame rate but those who can't have good fill rates suffer from the sea of grass. Go play your modded plains then and shut up about it, nobody cares. Its a 1% fringe feature. All anyone really cares about is getting a good solid RWG not a crappy one with 88 biomes.

Hate to be that guy, but the crossbow is my favorite weapon in the game and would ditch it in a second if I had to hit reload after every firing. Your warning about it being dangerous in close quarters is 100% accurate however and I have been overwhelmed many times. My take is that I just got careless and sometimes the cards just don't fall in your favor. I try to have a shotgun on standby for those times though. Do you not feel the same about the bow reloading automatically? I don't really see the difference and I know the bow is popular.

Yes, all automatic reloading should be taken out. It wouldn't be so bad except for 2 things: The movement penalty for reloading and fact that you can't change weapons while reloading. The bow is less noticeable as it take way less time to reload, but still should be taken out.

I like the crossbow as a weapon and for my current game I'm sticking with it. I can totally see why people don't like it anymore though. In A16 it seemed like everyone and their mom was using it. Now is a different story.

I agree though, it's a blast to use, love those exploding bolts:fat:

- - - Updated - - -

Whining doesn't get results, intelligent compelling reasons do. What purpose does a big flat open field serve other than variety? Its bad for game play and visually sucks. All its good for is frame rate but those who can't have good fill rates suffer from the sea of grass. Go play your modded plains then and shut up about it, nobody cares. Its a 1% fringe feature. All anyone really cares about is getting a good solid RWG not a crappy one with 88 biomes.

I used the plains biome to make my massive building projects, it just seemed perfect for that kind of thing. I guess we can do that everywhere though. To me it was a "builders" biome.

Archived