Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

First, you cannot tell me that the workbench is a gate at the time you would be crafting a T5 item.

Are you saying that the iron crossbow that you crafted was gated by a book? If so, that's a bug.

I mean it is a gate, I am not saying it is a huge one. The real issue seems to be the bow parts though... are the required bow parts supposed to go up per tier? The iron crossbow took like 12 bow parts at T5.

Nah, I was talking about the compound bows requiring recipes... just was not sure if they were so good that they need that many gates. It is really about the required bow parts though, along with the gating.

EDIT: TL;DR, I think the required bow parts involved in crafting bows might be bugged. In my game, the required bow parts goes up with the quality bow I can craft. T5 requires 3 times more bow parts to craft than a T1, in my game.

Did you start a new game after the patch? Last version had this screamer apocalypse, the new version doesn't have this problem. I've yet to see a single screamer in the newest version after restarting. I only ran one forge. This might change now, when i got chem bench and workbench up and running.

Edit: Forgot to include the quote, lol.

Why must you discredit him that much? His complaint is valid. You're the one that's just complaining for the sake of complaining. Let people voice their issues and concerns without downplaying them. If you read Haidrgna's post you'll see that it's perfectly legitimate.

The way he opened with his first post was completely uncalled for, I guess it was a fit of rage, but that doesn't make his point moot.

Very well said.

It annoys the hell out of me that there are 10 or so pissed off guys out there who camp at steam and thumbs up (making helpful) every bad review they can find. This makes the tiny amount of bad reviews there actually is parked on top of the first default review page you see. If you guys have some ♥♥♥♥s to give, you could go there and click thumbs up the positive reviews so we can drown out these 10 guys who are probably mad they got Banned and are marking every bad review helpful.

Steams system is stupid. No one review is more helpful than the next, and haters can skew the perception. Lets fight hate with love and give the positive reviews some love guys, thanks.

Brigading is stupid too.

Seriously? I know of nitpicking, but really? This is the one thing you've found to complain about? Of all things? (Which are basically none. You're just wanting something to complain about, and as per usual, you use "nostalgia" as your scapegoat.) The game is better than it has ever been before. My advice: Just stop it. No one cares about the "old man yells at cloud" people. Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

On it. ;)

In fact, I'll be writing my very own review tonight. :) Too bad multiple [positive] reviews (if one can even do that) would be considered spam, because I would post dozens to hundreds of positive reviews on Steam to potentially [help] drown out the noise of those misfits.

You DO realize that spamming steam reviews with multiple positive reviews from one user is just as appalling and pathetic as the ones who do it for negative ones right?

How old are you? May want to look up the term brigading. That sort of thing can backfire big time.

I've never heard that term before. What does Brigading mean? I googled it but says something about militias so I assume thats not the definition in this context.

Its becoming a much more used term in social media and gaming now a days. It is generally used when someone or a group of someones forms a group to downvote or upvote, dislike or like with the purpose of skewing reviews or opinions.

It can also mean a bunch of idiots collect together to harass someone about political or social opinions but of course Im not using it in that manner here.

You DO realize that spamming steam reviews with multiple positive reviews from one user is just as appalling and pathetic as the ones who do it for negative ones right?

How old are you? May want to look up the term brigading. That sort of thing can backfire big time.

You're very right. I apologize for that comment.

And to answer your question, early 20's. Do I act like it all the time? Well, that's what you (ie I) get for being slightly cuckoo

Agreed. There is a danger Steam will interpret this as a developer trying to game its review system. It may be wise to let sleeping dogs lie.

35,324 In-Game. I just don't want it spoiled by literally 10 butt hurt guys and steams dumb review system.

Congrats Fun Pimps on beating your 2 year old record!!! Now it's 35579... Nice!

Also, recent reviews are very positive, which is so nice to see. Great work guys!

All good, was just worried your innocent and understandable enthusiasm could be viewed the wrong way :)

Steam HAS turned into quite the wasteland either way

Enthusiasm, I'm not sure. :p Being a hermit has its downsides; social situations are not my strong suit. Lol (In other words, weirdness/oddness is frowned upon, and rightfully so.)

Still, it's the best we've got.

What's weird is that I updated my review for A18 and it never shows up? Maybe I have to delete it, then make a new one for it to appear on "recent reviews"?

- - - Updated - - -

Show em' who's boss.

It probably keeps the original date. The best thing you can do is thumbs up the good reviews and thumbs down the bad ones so the good ones are "most helpful" which is the first thing you see by default.

What is up with screamers?? Out of control! Keep coming and I have no Forge or Workbench, couple torches. I cooked some stuff - not much. Then she sees me when she "can't" see me!! Then calls zombies and another screamer - pretty soon it's like all hell broke loose.

I would expect that if I had like a wall of Forges and Mixers running. Are torches calling screamers?? Does Heat follow me from the Forge running at the Trader far away?? Is code borked?? Am I just really unlucky?

Experimental fixes it.

Adapt and overcome. You, too, can survive the CM apocalypse!

Its pretty silly, its a zombie apocalypse you don't get time to landscape. Maybe we can overcome the limitation but I was told hey you get 3 blocks whats it going to be.. um ok dirt/adaptive and gravel. Maybe asphalt would be more desirable than gravel?

Archived