Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

12 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Updated the Vehicle Parts in Air drops Modlet for A19.

With this new version linked to the new tiered system you will get chances of the appropriate vanilla vehicle parts in air drops that correspond to player level. 

If other vehicle mods  have vehicle parts added to the group vehiclePartsTiered you will have chances of getting an air drop with their parts in.

I tested this with my new boats (coming soon for stable version) and i got boat parts after i reached greasemonkey level 4 .   This will definately not work on all of the vehicle mods out there so be warned but will work in vanilla game also.

Download here

The old vanilla parts only version is still on my git download and information is here

Ragsy !!

Thank you very much Ragsy2145

Forgive me but I don't understand the update to airdrops as I have gotten parts from both vanilla and from mods such as AC's, Harry, Bdub and manux. Sometimes whole vehicles since A18.4.

Out of the group above, the only mod which adds support for tiered loot group is Bdub, manux is in vehicleparts group while Harry is in schematicsvehicles. I removed AC a while ago but I do remember getting a sledge truck chassis from an airdrop. 

EDIT: I've  just had a look and AC's is in the VehiclesPartsTiered group. I also remember getting scooter from an airdrop which is part of Oignon and he doesn't even have a loot.xml so I am somewhat confused lol.

Edited by Finch55
Additional info (see edit history)

Well the previous version targetted only vanilla parts groups so all it added was those to airdrops at a certain probabilty.  

<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id='34']">
	    <item group="bicycleParts" loot_prob_template="probTemplate0.5to1.0"/>
	    <item group="minibikeParts" loot_prob_template="probTemplate0.5to1.0"/>
       	<item group="motorcycleParts" loot_prob_template="probTemplate1.0"/>
		<item group="4x4Parts" loot_prob_template="probTemplate0.75"/>
		<item group="gyroCopterParts" loot_prob_template="probTemplate0.5"/>
	</append>

Its quite possible that If the other mods had added parts to the individual groups above then there may have been a chance of a drop ...  but that was dependant on the way they did their mods. 

Ragsy!!

Vehicle Madness overhaul will be released for A19 stable this weekend as an ongoing development.

ActiniumTiger has joined the 'Pit Crew' for Vehicle Madness and we are actively developing new salvage and build systems as the mod progresses toward a more realistic feel for vehicle salavage and building also along with new vehicles in the future for your driving pleasures

Features complete overhaul of the current vehicle harvesting and build systems following on from Guppycur's original visions for vehicles in the game so first new release version to be considered as Beta 1. 

Reworked vehicle physics systems and convertion to linear lighting on 27 vehicles.

I will post  in a New Forum Thread as its is a complete overhaul in modlet form.

Ragsy !!

Just now, nickuk01 said:

Hey Ragsy thanks for all your work and great mods. Does the no ladder climb need an update for stable 19? Was using your mod but zombie still climbing ladder?

Hi nicku01

I am using it and I did not update it much, I just added to make them jump less.

3 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Hey Ragsy thanks for all your work and great mods. Does the no ladder climb need an update for stable 19? Was using your mod but zombie still climbing ladder?

Thank you ...

I have not had time to check it out with other things going on ... Gouki I assume has it working but has updated it for his use by adding zombies jump less.

EDIT Just had a quick check and nothing changed between alpha's tested and zombies still do not climb ladders for me.

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

On 11/30/2019 at 11:29 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

After a forum enquiry about the motorcycle not being able to climb steep inclines and slowing down too much , I set about trying to improve the vanilla motorcycle handling .. that was back in A18.0 first stable release.

I sort of forgotten about this one and have had this on in my mods folder a while now but I think its time to release it as some one may appreciate it.

I ended up with a Motorcycle that actually goes quite fast ( Turbo top speed 27) and leans well into long corners and feels a lot better than the current vanilla set up ... well to me that is you can decide if you like it or not.

4soRQKDl.jpg

If anyone wants to try this out its here  Improved Vanilla MotorCycle "Dirt Bike Style"

Added Alternate version or version 2 , this version the bike will not slide as much as the Dirt bike edition and bike leans lower to the ground on cornering

Improved Vanilla MotorCycle "Racing Bike Style"

Regards

Ragsy !!

Thanks Ragsy for the modlets!

I personally have a slight preference for the Dirt Bike Style variant as it feels a bit more reactive when cornering that the Racing one.

By the way, the Dirt Bike Motorcycle is dead silent because you didn't put the "<property name="VehicleNoise" value="1000,10"/>" like you did for the Racing version.

I also increased the value the value as 1000 seems to be rather quite considering the actual noise the motorcyble is doing but that's me. :)

Thanks for trying them out and the feedback appreciated.

Yeah the racing one may be a little less responsive on hard turns but I will at some point re-visit the set-ups in A19

I only did them originally as someone said vanilla bikes could not climb hills very well 😄

Regards

Ragsy !!

Yeah the racing one may be a little less responsive on hard turns but I will at some point re-visit the set-ups in A19

Yes, responsive is more the word.

I only did them originally as someone said vanilla bikes could not climb hills very well 😄

Haha ok 😄 Anyway, you did make someone else happy, the driving is way more pleasant than the vanilla motorcycle not to mention is the speed that is meh :) Thanks again!

Sorry for asking this. Where does the glider show up in crafting? I can't locate it. The other transport related mod i have is Bdubs vehicles mod and a server side that allows more seats in vehicles. If I'm not just missing it I'll assume I have a mod conflict issue

15 hours ago, Dre said:

Sorry for asking this. Where does the glider show up in crafting? I can't locate it. The other transport related mod i have is Bdubs vehicles mod and a server side that allows more seats in vehicles. If I'm not just missing it I'll assume I have a mod conflict issue

It shows up in workbench using standard items to craft ... you may have a conflict with something !

Ragsy!!

8 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

It shows up in workbench using standard items to craft ... you may have a conflict with something !

Ragsy!!

Yes, that is it probably, dang it I really was looking forward to using this (we put sky scrapers in every city) :). Thanks man. Next play through I'll load it first and figure it out (probably a vehicle mod i'd guess). Cheers and thanks for all your hard work making these. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a version 1 of Brighter Vehicle Headlights where it only increases the brightness of the vehicles lights without adding all the additional stuff from V2? The description states "This 7 Days to Die mod makes the vehicle headlights brighter. Also this version adds Manux Custom Vehicles and Guppycur’s Vehicle Madness support, along with normal vanilla vehicles." Which indicates that there is a V1 without the added Manux Customer Vehicles mods. Just want to increase the brightness of the lights, nothing else. Looking to use it on 19.1 experimental. Thanks!

7 hours ago, JDead said:

Is there a version 1 of Brighter Vehicle Headlights where it only increases the brightness of the vehicles lights without adding all the additional stuff from V2? The description states "This 7 Days to Die mod makes the vehicle headlights brighter. Also this version adds Manux Custom Vehicles and Guppycur’s Vehicle Madness support, along with normal vanilla vehicles." Which indicates that there is a V1 without the added Manux Customer Vehicles mods. Just want to increase the brightness of the lights, nothing else. Looking to use it on 19.1 experimental. Thanks!

Hi ,

the mod is generic and covers anything that has the word 'vehicle' so if you do not have any of the big mods that have extra vehicles then it will still work fine with the vanilla game. 

If you then add any of the bigger vehicle mods like Vehicle Madness, Manux ,Bdubyahs vehicles , AC's vehicles or Harry's vehicles and they happen to have the word 'vehicle' in thier xml name the mod will pick those up and set the brightness level.

You can change the brightness level to higher if need ( Currently set at 7 ).

Hope this helps

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I am running into a weird issue A19 (180).  I have all the components to build the glider but for some reason "Craft" will not hi-lite at the work bench.  If I hit "W" it tells me I lack the components to build item. However I have 100+ over the amounts required. I also tried pulling up the recipe from in my inventory and at the forge but still not able to build. 

Thanks

Edited by Xsile (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Xsile said:

I am running into a weird issue A19 (180).  I have all the components to build the glider but for some reason "Craft" will not hi-lite at the work bench.  If I hit "W" it tells me I lack the components to build item. However I have 100+ over the amounts required. I also tried pulling up the recipe from in my inventory and at the forge but still not able to build. 

Thanks

Yeah this is my fault .... just checked it over and there are 6 ingredients in the recipe and the 6th one does not show  up in the UI  (vehicle Wheels).

I have updated the modlet to have only 5 ingredients .... I did fix this before in A17 but I must have uploaded the wrong modlet when I created the A19 repository

Sorry for the hassle ..

Regards

Ragsy !!

6 hours ago, dani20 said:

Is there a mod similar to Classic Style Zombies for a19 ? 
Smart pathfinders zombies break immersion for me.

To be honest I have not had the free time time to update the A18.4 version .... it may or may not work in A19 , been busy with Vehicle Madness , Boats and other project stuff. 

Another reason for not updating this mod to A19 was Khaine releasing the Romero Mod suite of which i was all for him doing when he mentioned it in our modding discord.

I could make the AI and pathing bit a seperate small modlet at some point to dumb them down .... The Romero Mod covers Headshots and zombie increases .

Regards

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
typos (see edit history)

5 hours ago, dani20 said:

Is there a mod similar to Classic Style Zombies for a19 ? 
Smart pathfinders zombies break immersion for me.

Well i have it installed on A19.2 and all seems fine so far although the AI seem dumber than in A18.4 lol  ....  I  just needed to remove progression.xml ( Headshots) as that is not working in A19.   They also come straight at you if you lay down spkies so far so good ....

I will test some more whilst i am doing my other stuff and all being well will upload a A19 specific version/

regards

Ragsy !!

• 1 month later...

I have been busy with other things of late and other real life stuff  ...  I have started working on Vehicle Madness updates and trying to get time to sort of some more watercraft .     

This however was done as a project learning curve on Helicopters in Unity for myself and Tiger ...  we needed the practice :).

This is Heli is using different controls compared to the Gyro ,

Controls are

spacebar  = up/ tilt back slighlty

C   = Down /Tiltforward Slightly

W  = Forward and Shift for Turbo

S  =  Slow/Brake/ reverse

AD  = Left /right

Helicopter will go to ground when you run out of fuel , also will not have any lift to take off from the ground if no fuel .

I think it flies quite well using these controls you can climb and use C to level , when descending hit C to go down and use S to brake if needed and use spaceback to tilt back a bit.  With a bit of practice and you can get used to it.

For those interested in the xml , motor 2 is to spin the tail rotor propeller with no forces applied as the only way this style of control will work, Motor1 has to be set to input forward which without the secondary motor looks odd as tail rotor would come to a stop and spin down when hovering .

Also additional forces applied via Force 6 and 7 to add the tilt back on take off and tilt forward on decend.

Feedback appreciated on this control method

Regards

Ragsy n Tiger

Download from Gitlab

Ragsy_and_Tigers_Hind_Helicopter

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Gitlab Link Added (see edit history)

Hi rags

Simply wonderful, the handling system that the 2 helicopters will have is very fluid and apart from the speed (it is a matter of getting used to), also the design is the best, the weapons of the large helicopter will have use or will they just be an ornament?
Thank you so much for the great work, Rags and Tiger.
Regards

P.S. I like the key system you have designated for operation.