Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

Added the 'chaos motorbike for A20 '  on my github repo  https://gitlab.com/Ragsy2145/ragsy-a20-modlets

****  This version is not backward compatible with A19 at all ,  this is due

to the amount of vehicle changes in A20  **** 

The older A19 version will break your game save in A20 if you install that version on A20  !!!!!

Direct Download Link

20211209020535_1.thumb.jpg.8c5e82d233f67314a8d97b5b5b2f5d0c.jpg

Version 2 changelog

1.  Added the new vehicle mods options  ,  seat , fuel saver , offroad lighting and turbo charger to bike all except the cosmetic option.

2 . Converted to new seating system so will accept a second seat through the mods  (old seat system still in xml incase of multiplayer issue)

2.  Updated physics as felt a bit different in A20 compared to A19 ... cure that wobbly effect the vanilla one has.

20211208224615_1.thumb.jpg.145645df39ea393c6973c12a1478d065.jpg

The bike actually has 6 slots not 4 as in picture above .

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Instructional (see edit history)

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Ragsy' s Modlets A20 / A19
On 12/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, Gouki said:

Hi rags

Thank you very much for sharing your updated mods, may I ask how vehicle madness is going.
Regards

Vehicle Madness is in now functional in A20 and continues ....  hmm like that  Vehicle Madness Continues ....>>>>

20211207210917_1.thumb.jpg.ec752e5228c5f9afe5b7665c41e27417.jpg

A few minor things  here and there but the base functions like spawning and the new repair system ported over nicely .   It definately wont be near complete until stable version drops but will keep updating if there are any issues that stop the release .    Thanks for asking  :)

When i get time will finish updating the boat stuff ...  next up boating modlet and the bathtub

20211211005858_1.thumb.jpg.b8c76d1b82924aebc10c98b5ec6da205.jpg

20211210175237_1.thumb.jpg.0db64761b2fda5a9071253b578b553c7.jpg

20211210154618_1.thumb.jpg.6fd6653f4deed10b81c4a647607b7a60.jpg

They  are working properly now after some fine tuning and every alpha seems to change them a little bit  ......  so far so good ...    adding some mod options and working out some new seating fixes so you can add modded seat option to boats   ...can have 2 in a bath eventually ..what fun lol .

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

On 12/12/2021 at 9:40 AM, Ragsy 2145 said:

They  are working properly now after some fine tuning and every alpha seems to change them a little bit  ......  so far so good ...    adding some mod options and working out some new seating fixes so you can add modded seat option to boats   ...can have 2 in a bath eventually ..what fun lol .

Regards

Ragsy !!

These are a lot of fun in the Island Worlds. They are very essential when hopping from island to island to complete quests and find loot. I look forward to some more fun with them.

5 hours ago, BAMBIWACKER said:

im getting a null error when i go to place down the bike.

Can you post your player logfile ...  If you are using this A20 version on A19 it will error out .....also the A20 version will not work in A19 as stated in the original post.    I have checked on my game fine ...and also EZ2Remember has no issues with it so far.   Need more information to understand your issue .

34 minutes ago, EZ2Remember said:

The Chaos bike is awesome! Handles great and the speed is just right. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback glad you like it ..... 😄

I am in process of updating the vanilla bike physics as well but in A20 the backend slides too much but the fixes to the horrible vanilla wobble work fine  .... so it seems its how its set up by TFP on back wheel its not got enough stiffness to stop the oversliding .   If i can fix it in xml fine but if not will reduce the speed changes if people still want a smoother ride .  

Regards

Ragsy !!

Update list of current A20 compatible Mods 17/12/2021

https://gitlab.com/Ragsy2145/ragsy-a20-modlets

Current Status :  A20 Updated

Find Bicycle Parts in Dumpster - Server side mod

Find Bicycles in Dumpster - Server side mod

Find vehicle Parts in Airdrops - Server side mod

Chaos Motorcycle Modlet -  Mod required on server and client

Better Gyro Handling - Server side mod

The Jetski Modlet - Mod required on server and client

The Raft Modlet - Mod required on server and client

The Bathtub Modlet - Mod required on server and client

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typos (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Wonderful, the raft boat is back.
Thank you very much rags, I have to wait for my motorized bathtub.
Regards

Just waiting on MP tests so should not be long ...

The Raft will get some more love when i get some time to fully update it but for now its working as before with a few tweaks ...  

Ragsy !!

18 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Just waiting on MP tests so should not be long ...

The Raft will get some more love when i get some time to fully update it but for now its working as before with a few tweaks ...  

Ragsy !!

Speaking about the raft Ragsy, I'm afraid I found some unexpected behavior with the mod. I crafted it, placed it near the water and when I entered the raft, as soon as I tried to drive it, it almost killed me, I quickly started to lose health for some reason. I quickly jumped off, the raft started drifting away fast. Luckily it got stuck at the other side of the shore, so after a long swim to catch it, I was finally able to get it back. Not the type of sail trip I had in my mind when I was placing the raft LOL :classic_laugh:, but to that point, it would all be bearable, bad things happen, but then something even worse happened. I opened my inventory and realized I cannot move anything around my inventory, cannot sort the inventory with the quick sort button either. I'm pretty sure this happened after placing the raft. Any ideas, please? 🥺

EDIT: The inventory fixed itself when I went back to menu and then back to game, but I imagine the same thing could easly happen again. I hope we can fix this.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Not had the issue during testing ...will look into it .   Odd ineeded.  

Cant see any reason to for the Raft to cause an inventory sorting issue either ? 

Ragsy !!

Also, just to make sure. Did you make the raft so that it cannot be picked up again? In these situations where raft is moving away from me, I wish I was able to pick it up quickly to prevent that lol

46 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Also, just to make sure. Did you make the raft so that it cannot be picked up again? In these situations where raft is moving away from me, I wish I was able to pick it up quickly to prevent that lol

I have not changed anything on the Raft other than change the lootid to loot name ....   a couple of physics tweaks in xml as initally was too low in water on A20 .     I am going to re do the raft completely at some point soon ....    I have a feeling the old style of vehicle seating might be the cause of why player damage occcurs  .... willl switch it all over to the new system as soon as i can .     I have not seen the issue with inventory though although might be linked to that maybe .   Will check it out tonight and see what i can reproduce .  

Ragsy!!

15 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

I have not changed anything on the Raft other than change the lootid to loot name ....   a couple of physics tweaks in xml as initally was too low in water on A20 .     I am going to re do the raft completely at some point soon ....    I have a feeling the old style of vehicle seating might be the cause of why player damage occcurs  .... willl switch it all over to the new system as soon as i can .     I have not seen the issue with inventory though although might be linked to that maybe .   Will check it out tonight and see what i can reproduce .  

Ragsy!!

Thank you! If you're sure the raft should be pickable, then I guess I might have a mod conflict, because my raft cannot be picked up. Still, I don't know what could it be, because I don't have any other vehicle mods, just your raft and jet ski.

1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

Thank you! If you're sure the raft should be pickable, then I guess I might have a mod conflict, because my raft cannot be picked up. Still, I don't know what could it be, because I don't have any other vehicle mods, just your raft and jet ski.

Ok I can confirm that the player damage can occur when entering water from the river bank .....  In certain positions when lauching from a river bank the feet hit the ground and player takes damage. 

I got no damage if i placed in a suitable shallow area and entered the Raft.   Thanks for finding this issue as i had not seen it happen before.

I have tested with new style seat class where i can position the feet in a more natural position and tested launching from riverbanks several times and have no damage to player ...  feet up more and actually on the Raft.

Tried inventory exchange sorting and take all back and forth i can find no issue ....

Raft is still placeable and i can pick it up ... although the back where the rudder is need to look to left or right a bit ....all other sides of raft register and can interact.

20211218201825_1.thumb.jpg.83291ffc781fe10c4383902971e9f8e1.jpg20211218201950_1.thumb.jpg.f4266921fa94daa4e4c7b3ecc20cf128.jpg

20211218210007_1.thumb.jpg.370e39d76f96e8035ea33d5e81e5e339.jpg

I will sort out the other vehicle seating ..maybe go with 2 fixed and two modded seats ....  so an update to the raft will be pushed as soon as i can get it finalised .   I dare say moving the player up a bit might have fixed the issue with older seat style but whilst in Rome ....   

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo city again (see edit history)

Thank you for looking into this Ragsy, in the meantime I realized I cannot open the inventory on the raft and not only that, I can't open any vehicle inventory, neither can I pick up any vehicle placed in the world. I'm starting to suspect these other issues might be caused by something totally different. I will try to disable some other mods and report back with whatever I manage to find.

I found the problem and it WAS completely different thing, but seeing what's causing this problem doesn't make me feel any better. UGH! It was SphereII's Core mod that's causing the following problems: vehicles cannot be picked up, their inventories cannot be accessed. I'm not sure if this is going to be addressed in the official Core release, but I hope it will, because this is not good!

@sphereii, please?

12 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I found the problem and it WAS completely different thing, but seeing what's causing this problem doesn't make me feel any better. UGH! It was SphereII's Core mod that's causing the following problems: vehicles cannot be picked up, their inventories cannot be accessed. I'm not sure if this is going to be addressed in the official Core release, but I hope it will, because this is not good!

@sphereii, please?

And what, precisely, is the issue? Are you using my A20 experimental code? Do you have a log file?

Happy End Ragsy! Sphereii managed to fix the problem in the Core, so that we no longer have the issue with the vehicles as they could not be picked up nor their inventory accessed! I wanted to thank you for your patience with me, for your time and effort and I'm sorry for the false alarm as I thought this was related to your mod. ❤️

8 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Happy End Ragsy! Sphereii managed to fix the problem in the Core, so that we no longer have the issue with the vehicles as they could not be picked up nor their inventory accessed! I wanted to thank you for your patience with me, for your time and effort and I'm sorry for the false alarm as I thought this was related to your mod. ❤️

No problem mr.devolver at least we have a reason and a fix on the matter of vehicle pickups and accessing the vehicles when using the Sphereii core for A20  .....  but you did discover an issue on the Raft damaging player in A20 so for that I thank you for spotting it .    A Fix is underway on my side so watch out for an update soon .

Regards

Ragsy !!