Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

6 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi rags

Simply wonderful, the handling system that the 2 helicopters will have is very fluid and apart from the speed (it is a matter of getting used to), also the design is the best, the weapons of the large helicopter will have use or will they just be an ornament?
Thank you so much for the great work, Rags and Tiger.
Regards

P.S. I like the key system you have designated for operation.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Well having weapons working would be the way forward on vehicles ,  at present its not easily  done however not to say it can not be done as we have some fantastic talents in modding for 7 days to die community so who knows.

The speed of the hind can be faster or slower but I set it fairly slow because it is literally a flying tank .  

In this type of control system 'force1' controls the speed currently set at 0.12 , you can go up in increments to perhaps .2 at the most .  

Regards 

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Been trying to find help with an issue I am having regarding The Helicopter, well quite a few mods really, it shows in the workstation but with no visual, I build it and it is not visible all though mouseover says it is there, but I can't use it, is there something i'm doing wrong, it seems an issue with a lot of mods, i'm on a rented server Netplayers just in case it is an issue with them, thanks in advance for any help.

17 hours ago, cairm said:

Been trying to find help with an issue I am having regarding The Helicopter, well quite a few mods really, it shows in the workstation but with no visual, I build it and it is not visible all though mouseover says it is there, but I can't use it, is there something i'm doing wrong, it seems an issue with a lot of mods, i'm on a rented server Netplayers just in case it is an issue with them, thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure as to why you would get no visuals with various mods .... i have had no feedback from others on the Helicopter regarding a crafting issue yet. 

I tested on vanilla today and i can see the visual icon for the Helicopter in workstation.

UI mods ?   Linux Server ? 

If you are a Linux server check the folder names as linux is case sensitive maybe ...

Ragsy !!

21 hours ago, cairm said:

Did you install the mods on both the server and the client? Because it sounds like you didn't. 

Good deal. :)

Just a good rule of thumb: If you download a mod and it has anything more than simple xml files, you should install it on both server and client. So, if it has a Resources folder, custom icons, or anything else, install it on both ends.

If it's just simple xml edits, you can probably just install it on the server.

1 hour ago, Pritch said:

Ok, so this is super cool.  That being said, why cant I load and shoot any of the guns.  That's the fun of the flying tank!

Because it requires a lot of code in the C# programming language. Nobody will spend about a year of their life on this, as Manux did

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

hi 

i have a problem 

when i download the modlet and copied on my  MODS folder vehicle is not fully loads  and icon and main model is gone 

for short i have only  name of the vehicle and icons and models doesn't load for  me

V 19.3 on dedicated server

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 2:36 PM, sirifwzh said:

hi 

i have a problem 

when i download the modlet and copied on my  MODS folder vehicle is not fully loads  and icon and main model is gone 

for short i have only  name of the vehicle and icons and models doesn't load for  me

V 19.3 on dedicated server

Sorry for late reply ....

You need the modlet on both client and server for vehicles as they use custom assets.

If you want server side only you could try Snufkins Server Sided Vehicles Mod which is being updated by a new talented team of modders who are keeping that mod alive ...

Not been active much at all since January due to illness and real life things but I returned to modding last week and have been playing catchup with things lol. 

The first thing i had to do was this Motorcycle I promised that i would try and put into the game for Chaos aka random person

a member of  Guppy's Unofficial Modding Discord.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23400-unnofficial-modding-discord/?tab=comments#comment-430511

Here is the 'Chaos Bike'  due for release soon.

4StPQjS.jpg

mP3Xs82.jpg

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo City as usual lol (see edit history)

On 5/28/2021 at 2:33 AM, Cranberry Monster said:

That's a sweet-looking ride, Ragsy, and I can't wait to take it for a spin. Thanks again for everything you do!

Thank You  :)

Download the modlet from gitlab :   Chaos Motorcycle Modlet

Modlet is required on both client and server as per all modlets that contain custom assets

This is my first attempt in unity at putting a motorcycle into the game although I have been known to like tweaking the original vanilla motorcycle physics xml and this bike incorperates some of what was learned along the way from the xml tweaking adventures.  

Chaos Bike

You may recognise the bike or you may not but it's better to ride past the dead than walk ;) 

Crafting Method

You can find the base chassis , seat and handlebar assembly in loot at the appropriate level ( same as Vanilla Motorcycle).

Recipes are also included to be able to craft the parts on a workbench if required or you are darned unlucky not to find them,  once you have a completed chassis assembly you will have to craft an engine .

The Chaos engine comprises of 2x small engines and some other parts , add wheels along with the engine to the completed chassis and you can complete the bike in the workbench.

Si0TTmw.png

Credits:

Chaos for the model

(You are not allowed to extract and alter the unity file in any way without first gaining permission from the modder or the model creator)

Additional Credits:

Members of  Guppy's Unnoficial Modding Discord for tip's, advise and support along the way ,  Guppy , Xyth , Bdubyah , DUST2DEATH, ActiniumTiger and many others.

Enjoy !!

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo City as usual lol (see edit history)

Hi, is it possible to reconfigure the controls of the Hind to work like Bdubs's UH-60/MD-500's control scheme?
Instead of W/S going forward/backward it would only proper the Hind upwards/downwards and instead have it move forward/backwards only when its tilted in the right direction? Love your work btw!

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

You might be the only person who has ever asked that. Lol. Normally people hate the controls I use for mine.

Wasn't expecting for the man himself to appear, love your work too man! Well it is a bit awkward at first due to the lack of ability to roll but that's likely due to game limitations as far as I can tell but me and the boys got used to it. Your control scheme while I can see why some people would hate it but it also gives more control especially when trying to attempt a precise landing.

While it is true the controls on the Hind is more simplified it feels extremely odd to fly two helicopters with two different control schemes.

5 hours ago, Zyronite said:

Wasn't expecting for the man himself to appear, love your work too man! Well it is a bit awkward at first due to the lack of ability to roll but that's likely due to game limitations as far as I can tell but me and the boys got used to it. Your control scheme while I can see why some people would hate it but it also gives more control especially when trying to attempt a precise landing.

While it is true the controls on the Hind is more simplified it feels extremely odd to fly two helicopters with two different control schemes.

I did think about using the control system the same as bdubyah's as we tweaked his together in the early days of the MD500 to try and get a reasonable feel and get some hover going on it ,  I agree roll on the helicopter would be nice but so far have not been able to produce anything due to limitations of the vehicle controller.

The reason i went with these 'manux' style controls is that it reduces the camera jitter ,   you could try removing the last two forces 6 and 7 as they produce the tilt forward and backward depending on wether you are landing or taking off but if you hit anything it will not correct itself on accent or decent.  

I will revisit the Helicopters side again at some point in A20 so hopefully can improve the xml more  but you could also try the MD500 vehicles xml file with the hind ...  the main limitation with that style of control is the forward speed.

Regards

Ragsy !!

11 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

I did think about using the control system the same as bdubyah's as we tweaked his together in the early days of the MD500 to try and get a reasonable feel and get some hover going on it ,  I agree roll on the helicopter would be nice but so far have not been able to produce anything due to limitations of the vehicle controller.

The reason i went with these 'manux' style controls is that it reduces the camera jitter ,   you could try removing the last two forces 6 and 7 as they produce the tilt forward and backward depending on wether you are landing or taking off but if you hit anything it will not correct itself on accent or decent.  

I will revisit the Helicopters side again at some point in A20 so hopefully can improve the xml more  but you could also try the MD500 vehicles xml file with the hind ...  the main limitation with that style of control is the forward speed.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Appreciate the reply and thank you. I'll try doing that.

• 4 months later...

Ok so i am delving into A20 modlet updates here after getting Vehicle Madness into A20 and checking out its functions ...needs a bit more TLC  so took a break from VM for a day or so.

Some of the modlets here are redundant now especially the 'pick up plants stuff ' as HDHQ plants are rarely used now and others have advanced the system since i did my version in A17 ,   So i will leave that area to others now .

The others that stick  out as not needed anymore is the 'brighter headlights mod'  , Remove RH stats bar and the 'first person view stuff since they have now changed the vehicle camera. 

I fixed a few like the find bicycle parts , find bicycles and vehicle parts in airdrops 

but the Take out the trash there is an issue still as lootlist id is still part of the loot so until that is finally removed from A20 its pointless releasing the Take Out the Trash Modlet. If i release now it may break again so i am going to wait on the lootfix  before pushing that out .

I will work through the rest when i get time as see where we are at ,  Boats seem to work fine and the motorcycle on first glance ...... others will be updated when i have time to get to them.  

Regards

Ragsy !!

Link to my A20 repository

https://gitlab.com/Ragsy2145/ragsy-a20-modlets

Current Status :  A20 Updated

Find Bicycle Parts in Dumpster - Server side mod

Find Bicycles in Dumpster - Server side mod

Find vehicle Parts in Airdrops - Server side mod

Chaos Motorcycle Modlet -  Mod required on server and client

Better Gyro Handling - Server side mod

Mods will be pushed here as updated so keep any eye out .....  When stable drops i will add the links to main page but for now all stuff will be here   :)

If you find any issues with the balancing of loot in the mods please let me know as adjusting to this new loot system

Edited by Ragsy 2145
More info (see edit history)

Thanks Ragsy. You're work is much appreciated and enjoyed. When I was looking for mods to use on A20 one of the first mods I wanted was the bike/parts in dumpsters and vehicle Parts in Airdrops. I checked back today and here it is, thanks! That Chaos Motorcycle looks badass! As a motorcycle enthusiast/rider for the past 46 years I would love to have that bike IRL.

Edited by EZ2Remember (see edit history)