Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

31 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

No problem mr.devolver at least we have a reason and a fix on the matter of vehicle pickups and accessing the vehicles when using the Sphereii core for A20  .....  but you did discover an issue on the Raft damaging player in A20 so for that I thank you for spotting it .    A Fix is underway on my side so watch out for an update soon .

Regards

Ragsy !!

By the way, are you planning to add a custom navicon for the Raft? It's missing at the moment. I added 4x4 icon to it in my singleplayer game to see the raft in the world. Not that I would like to leave it alone for too long, because it tends to move on it's own into the water lol, but still. For the small periods of time when I leave it on the shore, I like to see where I placed it. :)

3 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

By the way, are you planning to add a custom navicon for the Raft? It's missing at the moment. I added 4x4 icon to it in my singleplayer game to see the raft in the world. Not that I would like to leave it alone for too long, because it tends to move on it's own into the water lol, but still. For the small periods of time when I leave it on the shore, I like to see where I placed it. :)

Yeah i was in the next revamp ... although can do that whilst re doing the seating over next 24hrs ..

I find if i leave the Raft in the water the raft stays where it was in the water if you level it off when coming to a halt .    

Ragsy !!

19 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yeah i was in the next revamp ... although can do that whilst re doing the seating over next 24hrs ..

I find if i leave the Raft in the water the raft stays where it was in the water if you level it off when coming to a halt .    

Ragsy !!

Hmm, well it seems to love to "go into the water" if you know what I mean, even if I put it on the ground, somehow it always tries to "sail" to the water and once in the water, it sails away on its own, it's like if it was possessed or something lol

EDIT:

I did try to level it up in the water, but I was worried to leave it alone there due to what it did when I left it on the ground, so do you think it's actually safer to leave it in the water?

I loved your green boat in A19, I used to drive it around town when I couldn't get anything to move around lol and I remember it was more or less stable on the ground, but in some situations, I found it several meters away in weird positions when I came back to it after some time not seeing it.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

I have done several playthrough's of Vehicle Madness so far in A20 .....  I use the 'Dinghy' early game and park up boat in water and its never moved .    But yeah you may find boats dont work like that now in Town as I put some stuff in place minimise movement and break the steering control .    I could probably go 'code route' to stop boats on land but I am just starting out on that side of things in c#   ..  until i can get my head around that side of modding I will be aiming still for XML soluitions in vehicles  . 

Seems to be an issue with water now .... damages player if you break a water block ...never happened in A19 ... currently looking at why but it only happens the most to the poor Raft  which will be getting a rework soon in unity...  on the other boats if you park to close to shore could have issues so other than that they work fine with the physics adjustments .  

Ragsy !!

BathTub Boat Updated to Version 3

****  This version is not backward compatible with A19 at all ,  this is due

to the amount of vehicle changes in A20  **** 

The older A19 version may break your game save in A20 if you install that version on A20  !!!!!

20211211005830_1.thumb.jpg.597230b1b74a1c84052ba7d2ea4f69ac.jpg

Download for A20 Version Here

Experimental work in progress Bathtub version 3.

****  Note : Do not go too near the shore as you may break water blocks in A20 and this will affect player health - if you get health loss due to water block breaking get off the boat quick.   Looking into this at present and a way too fix for A20  *****

Changelog
Version3
1. Fixed lootlist alive for A20
2. Two in Bath tub option via a modded seat  
3: Added vehicle mod options: Fuelsaver,Seat,Reserve tank and cosmetics option

4: Added support to be able to do fishing with Telrics A20 Fishing modlet  Telrics Fishing Mod for A20

Happy Boating in A20

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

BathTub Boat Updated to Version 3

20211211005830_1.thumb.jpg.597230b1b74a1c84052ba7d2ea4f69ac.jpg

Download for A20 Version Here

Experimental work in progress Bathtub version 3.

****  Note : Do not go too near the shore as you may break water blocks in A20 and this will affect player health - if you get health loss due to water block breaking get off the boat quick. 

Looking into this at present and a way too fix for A20 ....

Changelog
Version3
1. Fixed lootlist alive for A20
2: Added vehicle mod options: Fuelsaver,Seat,Reserve tank and cosmetics option

Happy Boating in A20

Ragsy!!

Thank you very much Rags.
I finally have my bathtub and my duckling, now I will take a bath at ease.
Regards and Happy Holidays

45 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Ahh, nothing can beat a romantic sailing of two lovers in an old bathtub with a rubber duck on the side. Perhaps the only thing that would beat it is if they could also stop for a little while to catch a fish or two, oh wait that's also there! Ragsy, you're a genius! 😁

7 hours ago, Kilroy5150 said:

Hey Ragsy, any chance that the first-person vehicle view is going to make it into A20?

If its wanted i will take a look at it but not even tried it in A20 as busy with other stuff .

Did not even think it was wanted by anyone anymore lol .

Regards

Ragsy !!

Updated list of current A20 compatible Mods 23/12/2021

Added the 'Take out the trash modlet'  now at version 4 and updated for A20 

This modlet is will allow the destruction of all trash/garbage bags and also the foul trash/garbage piles after you loot them  ( not birdsnests )

This version will not destroy all the small waste bins you find in toilets/bathrooms  (as they used same lootlist id's) .

Keep your local zombie infested neighbourhood clean without destroying it completely :)

Please be aware that you have to start a new save if you install this modlet.

Current Status :  A20 Updated

Server Side Modlets

Take Out The Trash V4  -  Warning this modlet changes some blocks so new game required

Find Bicycle Parts in Dumpsters

Find Full Bicycles in Dumpsters

Find vehicle Parts in Airdrops

Better Gyro Handling

Client and Server sided Modlets

Chaos Motorcycle Modlet

The Jetski Modlet

The Raft Modlet

Bathtub Boat Modlet

All of the A20 Mods so far are available here and also on the Modlauncher by Sphereii

https://gitlab.com/Ragsy2145/ragsy-a20-modlets

Regards

Ragsy !!

Hey Ragsy. I liked the idea of your bicycle part mod for trach bins, so I added it to my server for testing. Loot percentages were set at default, but after checking 5 bins I had enough parts for a full bike. You may want to turn down the probabilities a bit.

5 hours ago, Red51 said:

Hey Ragsy. I liked the idea of your bicycle part mod for trach bins, so I added it to my server for testing. Loot percentages were set at default, but after checking 5 bins I had enough parts for a full bike. You may want to turn down the probabilities a bit.

Thanks for the feedback ..will tweak down

Regards

Ragsy

Boating Modlet Download Version 6

*******  THESE MODLETS HAVE CUSTOM ASSETS AND MUST BE INSTALLED ON
BOTH CLIENT AND THE SERVER TO USE THE MODS IN MULTIPLAYER *******

20211228222939_1.thumb.jpg.3950aed34207a205ebaa0a33ba627c99.jpg

20211228005803_1.thumb.jpg.effcc77269ee4dc79f2ffd25d32e2cfe.jpg

20211228232026_1.thumb.jpg.b10dbc56d51116cef2eee70a9588c6ff.jpg

20211228222355_1.thumb.jpg.1039bf1da77776e88efaf4f86c54124b.jpg

Work in progress version of the boating modlet now at Version 6.

Launch

Place the boat on/in water in a 'shallow water' area if you have no shallow water in your map then build a small launch dock, then add fuel to boat.

Controls

Steering is A and D as per vanilla settings ....the mouse is for looking around only and has no affect on steering a boat.

Space bar and c control the up and down angles (same as a gyro) which you will need to adjust slightly as you travel on water otherwise you may sink.

W is forwards and S is slow down/reverse ..If you let go of w and shift (Turbo) then the boat slowly comes to a stop, pressing s will slow the boat down
more quickly this replaces spacebar as the brake key.

To anchor boat and stop it drifting away use c and spacebar to level the boat till it stops drifting, useful if you have a fishing mod installed.

Other Info
Boats can be picked up into inventory, if you sink it at any point, although be careful if you sink
it too far away from the shores as it could be a long swim back. In A20 dont go too near the shore or riverbank slopes as waterblocks breaking can now damage
player so park a small distance away.  Looking at a fix for this moving forwards .

Mods

Boats can have cosmetic (limited though ) seat and fuel saving mods ... no support for speed enhancement  or lights .

Crafting
The Boats are craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed as the boats are intended as an early game version at the cost of resources and actually
finding a working workbench early in the game would be a bonus and allow you to make the boats a lot sooner.  The recipe is simple and uses in game resources.
If anyone wants to change the recipes and build methods then please do so but let me know how you improved it.

Modlet Update Changelog:

Version 6
1. Re-scaled /resized both boats for A20
2. Added vehicle mods options - Cosmetic (limited) , Fuel Saver, Tank Size  (vehicle speed is fixed so that mod does not affect boats and there is no Light mod option as boats have no lights)
3. Flatboat has 3 seats ( Two fixed and 1 extra via the seat mod option )
4. Dinghy now has two seats ( 1 fixed and 1 via seat mod Option)
5. Added support to be able to fish from both boats with Telrics A20 Fishing Mod https://7daystodiemods.com/telrics-fishing-2-0/
6. Slight adjustments to physics in A20 and boat height in water
7. Boats now have compressed textures for further optimization
8. Particle system is now fixed when entering the boat vehicle

Server Side Modlets

Take Out The Trash V4  -  Warning this modlet changes some blocks so new game required

Better Gyro Handling

Chaos Motorcycle Modlet

The Jetski Modlet

Boating Modlet for A20

Bathtub Boat Modlet

All of the A20 Mods so far are available here and also on the Modlauncher by Sphereii

Please note :   Bathtub boat and Jetski have had some texture changes , feet and hand positions also altered from original release .... not essential that you update but they are both a new version for A20 now .

The Raft has been removed due to an issue with launching .....will rework the Raft at some point . 

Regards

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Links n typos (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Can only offer up this atm .....  Just finishing up  should be out soon , the Return of the glider for A20 .

20211228224146_1.thumb.jpg.27d859588842e295b7e58ba70e4eca61.jpg

I have played about with a method to do a flight suit ...so not beyond the realms of possibilty .   

Ragsy !!

Yay! My favorite glider mod, I knew I can count on you! :D

The Hang Gliding Modlet Download A20

Hang Glider Version 2

20211228224146_1.thumb.jpg.27d859588842e295b7e58ba70e4eca61.jpg

Glider Launch

Place on a flat piece of high ground or close to edge of a building roof with space for take off.

Information

Press E to mount glider and the glider takes off ....

When airbourne C becomes tilt forward and spacebar is tiltback... excessive tiltback with spacebar may flip the Glider over or
around this is normal as trying to do a loop or sharp turn in a real hang glider could prove fatal.

Whilst airbourne you can let go of W and use the A and D controls (strafe) and mouse to steer down to earth.... or for sustaining longer flights you need to
use the spacebar to tiltback to maintain height for as long as you can  (remember that doing tiltback to excess may flip the glider over so be warned).

When landing press E to dismount or spacebar to stop glider ... and then pickup the glider for your next adventure.

Crafting

The Glider is craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed as this is something you could make in early game at
the cost of resources and actually finding a working workbench. 

Finding a workbench in early game would be a bonus and allow you to make the Glider a lot sooner.

The recipe is simple and uses in game resources.

Version 2 Changelog
1.  Converted to A20 XML
2.  Remade the Unity File to include harness
3.  Small adjustments to physics and the camera distance
4.  One vehicle mod option for vlight added

Server Side Modlets

Better Gyro Handling

Chaos Motorcycle Modlet

The Jetski Modlet

Boating Modlet for A20

Bathtub Boat Modlet

Hang Glider Modlet

The Raft has been removed due to an issue with launching .....will rework the Raft at some point . 

Regards

Ragsy !!

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy Motorcycle Physics A20

Mod updated to A20 and now you can enjoy again .... 

This is a server sided mod and tweaks the Motorcycle physics to reduce that horrible pop up wobble effect and allow more lean into corners .
Gives speed boost compared to vanilla and you can still add the vehicle mod to increase speed further

Download Here

Enjoy

Regards

Ragsy !!

Theres maybe a little copy'n'paste thing in the motorcycle physics 😉

Without testing it (had a quick look only) - there is a doubled property in vehicles.xml: motorTorqueMaxQ

<set xpath="//vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']/property[@name='motorTorqueMaxQ']/@value">9700</set>
<set xpath="//vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']/property[@name='motorTorqueMaxQ']/@value">1, .06</set>

I guess the second one may be hopForce instead (?)

🙂

7 hours ago, q123 said:

Theres maybe a little copy'n'paste thing in the motorcycle physics 😉

Without testing it (had a quick look only) - there is a doubled property in vehicles.xml: motorTorqueMaxQ

<set xpath="//vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']/property[@name='motorTorqueMaxQ']/@value">9700</set>
<set xpath="//vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']/property[@name='motorTorqueMaxQ']/@value">1, .06</set>

I guess the second one may be hopForce instead (?)

🙂

Well spotted lol  

Fix going up now

Ragsy!!

• 1 month later...