Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

Small Update:

I have updated my Modlet index page and as of today any Modlets that are deemed/designated as 'A17 only' are now on the second page of this thread for those that are still using A17 and do not wish to stay on A18.

Hope this helps avoid any confusion :smile-new:

Also added the TFP Raft Modlet so click on the description link to see the forum post.

Regards

Ragsy !!!

Hey Ragsy, I've taken your HDHQ Pickup plants modlet and modified it to work against all vanilla plants without HDHQ installed. I had someone point out that the E to pickup plants does not appear to be scaling with the perkLivingOffTheLand. As best as I can see, there doesn't seem to be ANY way to adjust the HarvestCount of the Class CropsGrown. I was curious if you know of any way to make this work to scale as the perk increases? At the moment, if I punch a cotton plant, I get several cottons.. but if I hit E to pickup the plant, I only get one cotton.

That was the problem when I first did the HDHQ version, the only reason i did the modlet for HDHQ was that in the early days of A17 there where many people who wanted the E to pick up plants back as they were so used to it in A16 and the stamina in early A17 was very over the top.

Once they realised the new perk was effected then some abandoned the pickup ...some did a bit of both when they wanted quick pickups...and to be honest I have not though about the modlet since other than the pickup still worked in A18.

Edit add : Just noticed that Khaine has posted in your thread ...sorta ties up with what I said above and like you said the pickup helps clear up large areas and is still useful.

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I know you made it as a request, but FYI "Find Vehicle Parts In Airdrops" doesn't seem to be scaled properly for 18.3. Everything in the vanilla airdrop is prob=0.2. With bicycleParts at prob=1 and minibikeParts at prob=0.8, my first airdrop contained nothing but parts. :dejection:

Thanks for the feedback .... I have taken a glance at this for A18.3.

I did an adjustment for A18.3 for the vehicle parts detailed above to use the 'probability template' 0.5to1.0 that way should not need adjusting for future updates unless TFP remove the probability template or renames them in future updates. I tested a few airdrops for early game (days 3,6,9 and 12) and got laser sights , a wooden club and 2 bandages in the first 2 airdrops along with bicycle wheel a minibike chassis on later drops.

This modlet though will however still give higher probabilty of vehicle parts as that was what it was intended to do when I did it originally in A17 .....

My personal gripe with A18 is that one thing i do see is that loot in general is over the top and you can be self sufficient in food, water, tools, bandages, ammos and weapons by the end of day one.

I will probably go for a complete overhaul of loot for my 'personal game' although many overhaul mods do address or are in process of addressing the over abundance of loot in general that A18 has.

Download link on OP

Regards

Ragsy !!

• 4 weeks later...

Ragsy, wanted to say thanks for the mods--I've had fun messing around with the boats and the hang glider is an insanely good time. Just wanted to point out that the included recipe for the Hang Glider consists of 6 different parts, but if you're building it at an unmodded workbench it only shows the first 5 (no wheels shown). Might cause some head scratching for folks who try to craft them instead of just spawning them in.

Keep up the good work!

Ragsy, wanted to say thanks for the mods--I've had fun messing around with the boats and the hang glider is an insanely good time. Just wanted to point out that the included recipe for the Hang Glider consists of 6 different parts, but if you're building it at an unmodded workbench it only shows the first 5 (no wheels shown). Might cause some head scratching for folks who try to craft them instead of just spawning them in.

Keep up the good work!

Glad you are having fun with the boats and glider .... :smile-new:

Yeah thats a fair point .... I will look at removing 1 item to save confusion.

Regards

Ragsy !!

• 1 month later...

For Information

Some of my Modlets are compatible with A19 Experimental and some are not ..... will update as things get checked out. 

Tested ok

Hang glider Modlet

Motorcycle Tune up Modifications

The TFP Raft modlet

Boating Modlet

Find bicycles in Dumpsters

Pick up HDHQ Plants  (yes HDHQ plants also work in A19 as do the HDHQ Particles Modlet)

Ladder control Modlets

Better Gyro handling

Vehicles first person

Updated For A19

Take Out the Trash  ...  (removed conficts with drone loot id)

Not Working yet

Classic Style Zombies  (headshots not working known issue)

Not tested yet ( these  may or may not work)

Find vehicle parts in Airdrops

Vehicle brighter headlights

Remove R/H stat bars

Replant Crops and wild plants

I will get these checked out over the next week and feel free to let me know if you have tested these yourselves.

On a Brighter Note

Coming Soon in A19

The return of the Vehicle Madness Modlet with new spawning system (Thanks to HaidrGNA for this)  It will be released as a WIP Beta so when i have ironed out some wrinkly bits I will release.  Big Thanks to Guppycur for allowing me to take this system over and for his input on the future direction.   So this currently works alongside Dust's UVM system with no compatibility issues so far which is good news for those that may want to mash them together.

3425XZt.jpg

Youtube Video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJrv8MNPlY

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Update working list for A19 (see edit history)

Ragsy_Take_Out The_Trash_V3_A19e

Updated for A19

This modlet is will allow the destruction of all trash/garbage bags and also the foul trash/garbage piles after you loot them.

This version will not destroy all the small waste bins you find in toilets/bathrooms  (as they used same lootlist id's) .

Keep your local zombie infested neighbourhood clean without destroying it completely :)

Please be aware that you have to start a new save if you install this modlet. --> Download

Regards

Ragsy !!

56 minutes ago, Kawil said:

I can confirm that your Finding Bikes in Dumpster still works.  I checked the XMLs and all seems to be just fine and found one in game so it seems to work.

Thanks ....

Will Add that to the ok list for A19

regards

Ragsy !!

I have now added the Alpha version compatibility information to OP after going through the Modlets.

I did not get around to this after forums changed and the table function broke .... alas

The Classic Zombies Modlet needs a bit of work to get fully working in A19 so for now it's going to remain only A18.4, It will have to wait until we get a stable release of Alpha 19 to see where i take this modlet if at all.

I am busy working of the A19 re-vamped version of Vehicle Madness at present as stated in previous posts.

Cb8sBy0h.jpg

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Add picture (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Finch55 said:

Vehicle parts in airdrops is working for A19, no issues or errors. Got an engine and gyrocopter chassis :)

Brighter headlights is working, tested on Bdub, uvm and vanilla.

Thanks for the heads up .....  I may have to closer look at the vehicle parts in airdrops Modlet as the loot templates may have changed since A18 so if there a change I will post it up.  

Regards

Ragsy !!

motorbike performs so much better now, thank you. Combining your physics and Eric Beaudoin's alterations, it is actually worth having and so much fun. Now all I gotta figure out is why the bike falls over when you dismount. Any ideas? 

On 6/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Pick up HDHQ Plants  (yes HDHQ plants also work in A19 as do the HDHQ Particles Modlet)

I used HDHQ previously but it doesn't seem to work in A19 for me unless I did something wrong. 

The textures have changed but the HDHQ plants are all flashing colors at me in a fast strobe type pattern.  

14 hours ago, Finch55 said:

motorbike performs so much better now, thank you. Combining your physics and Eric Beaudoin's alterations, it is actually worth having and so much fun. Now all I gotta figure out is why the bike falls over when you dismount. Any ideas? 

Glad you like them and find the changes to your liking thanks for the feedback  ....  I dont know of an immediate solution as the bike can fall either side when you get off ... if i do find a solution i will share the information ;)

10 hours ago, belowzeros said:

I used HDHQ previously but it doesn't seem to work in A19 for me unless I did something wrong. 

The textures have changed but the HDHQ plants are all flashing colors at me in a fast strobe type pattern.  

They work fine for me , I used the 'HDHQ Plants wind' version .

e3NxNb5l.jpg

Dust2death is currently not available to update the textures to the new linear colourspace due to being absent with R/L commitments.   I am using a nvidia gfx card myself it could be the graphics settings for texture quality or the texture filter ( The plants do glow at night though lol due to this but look fine during the day) ...  I am sure that a soon as Dust gets back he will update them as they are very popular addition to the game and that will solve your issue when he does. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

I still don't know how or why but have noticed the bike falls in a natural manner as in opposite direction to how the handle bars are turned indicating weight shift in the front wheel to imbalance the bike so there has definitely been some thought put in to this mechanic. The player can also control the direction of fall by standing between the bike and a wall (or other prop) and it will fall away from the player to lean against the prop. I don't pretend to know how these things work but there must be some hidden values or something within the model itself which governs this.

One way I think which would work would be be similar to to how uvm is setup to swap the model when  the player dismounts for one with a stand but this would cause many issues i think with the constant swapping out. I really don't know.

5 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Ragsy 2145,to update the mods, I still have the useful tire mod and it works correctly, of course I had to fix it and it's going great.

Waiting for the new version of vehicle madness.

Thats good news on that Modlet , i never updated it in A18 as i considered that people may not want use it anymore so i even took it off the listings on the OP, you are quite welcome to take that one off my hands if you have fixed it.  

Vehicle Madness has a different use for tires and is coming along well for A19 , I will release the new version as WIP when A19 goes stable.  Theres too many changes between experimental versions going on at present.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Added VM news (see edit history)

Thank you for working on the mods.

Would it be possible to have Bicycle parts like the chassis, wheels and handlebars instead of full vehicles in dumpsters?
Similar to how we used to find weapon parts rather than full weapons, still speeds up getting a starting vehicle, but requires some putting together.