Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

A big big thanks to REV6:7-8 for encouraging me to post these in my own thread

You bet. And thanks for the referral. Glad to see your idea "seeds" have sprouted nicely. Well done indeed!

There may be as many "perfect" ways to play 7DTD as there are people who play the game. But with everyone (who can) contributing their ideas in the form of modlets, we can all find some combination of the game that is perfect... for us.

Thanks for joining the community of folks adding positive value to what would only be a medium quality game otherwise.

Cheers!

REV6:7-8

Vehicle First Person View Modlet

This modlet is a workaround meaning its 'not fully' true first person mode but as near as possible in an xpath modlet and works in the same way first person works in the Debug Mode so expect some artefacting especially when on the bumpy bumpy roads of random generated worlds, ideally we should have the option to toggle between 1st person and 3rd person views available when the fun pimps get around to it.

*** Warning *** the gyrocopter first person view may make you motion sick as again its not true first person, disable in the modlet if you wish by commenting out the line with gyrocopter by using the <!-- and closing with --> The Gyro is very hard to fly in first person so you may wish to revert to 3rd person.

The Gyrocopter may need more adjusting and I will endeavour to get it better but if not then the choice is yours regarding the above warning about motion sickness.

This Modlet is tested and works with vanilla vehicles only

Link for Updated version

Enjoy !

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
New link as now this version obsolete (see edit history)

Thanks for joining the community of folks adding positive value to what would only be a medium quality game otherwise.

Cheers!

Thanks Rev6:7-8 appreciate the comments thank you.

After 2,700+ hours playing the game I love so much its great to be able to contribute something back to the community after all its given me in the past few years.

On the modlet front I have a new improved version of the Vehicle First person modlet coming soon, I have not yet found a better way of implementing the Gyro First person yet but in the other vehicles i have made some improvements since the first release.

Stay Tuned !!

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

I couldn't fly the gyrocopter to save my life. And I have yet to successfully GRACEFULLY land the thing.

The 4x4 would be an *okay* vehicle if I played well with others (I don't like to share my toys with other boys). Merely for the extra storage, I don't find the jeep necessary as I run Stedman420's Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage and Vehicle Storage SimpleUI modlets (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94502-A17-Simple-UI-Modlets).

The motorcycle... that's one toy I DO rip up the countryside with. Always makes me feel like I'm in a Mad Max movie... minus the anti-semitism and misogyny.

But I try to avoid video game content that makes me motion sick ever since playing original Doom... while wearing headphones... in a dark computer classroom... using a projector to display my screen 12' x 10' on the wall.

I'd get so immersed in the game that (1) the janitor would startle the crap out of me as he came into that classroom (also wearing headphones) to empty the trashcan and vacuum, and (2) I'd be so nauseous after an evening of killing alien demons that I often couldn't eat anything for a day or so.

I couldn't fly the gyrocopter to save my life. And I have yet to successfully GRACEFULLY land the thing.

The 4x4 would be an *okay* vehicle if I played well with others (I don't like to share my toys with other boys). Merely for the extra storage, I don't find the jeep necessary as I run Stedman420's Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage and Vehicle Storage SimpleUI modlets (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94502-A17-Simple-UI-Modlets).

The motorcycle... that's one toy I DO rip up the countryside with. Always makes me feel like I'm in a Mad Max movie... minus the anti-semitism and misogyny.

But I try to avoid video game content that makes me motion sick ever since playing original Doom... while wearing headphones... in a dark computer classroom... using a projector to display my screen 12' x 10' on the wall.

I'd get so immersed in the game that (1) the janitor would startle the crap out of me as he came into that classroom (also wearing headphones) to empty the trashcan and vacuum, and (2) I'd be so nauseous after an evening of killing alien demons that I often couldn't eat anything for a day or so.

I think the Gyro even in 3rd person is hard to fly lol but I did master the gyro after a while but its unforgiving if you loose control, so I for the sake of not making people feel sick I will remove it from the configs or leave it commented out.

I am finding the motorcycle and minibike the best first person experience so far and the bicycle so so .... the 4x4 view from the bonnet is ok ish but I have been testing and tweaking and I can get a view looking almost from the drivers perspective. I have tweaked the motorcycle quite a bit and now you get a view of the spikes as you smash into zombies.

I have added some extra stuff in the new version when it releases that slows the camera up/down and the left/right movement as that makes things less sensitive when turning and gives a better experience.

Vehicle First Person View Modlet V2

Improved view and minimised artefacting on Bicycle, Minibike and Motorcycles.... some minor adjustments are being made for the next version V3 when released to the 4x4 so consider the 4x4 and Gyro as still works in progress.

As before :

This modlet is a workaround meaning its 'not fully' true first person mode but as near as possible in an xpath modlet and works in the same way first person works in the Debug Mode so expect some artefacting especially when on the bumpy bumpy roads of random generated worlds, ideally we should have the option to toggle between 1st person and 3rd person views available when the fun pimps get around to it.

*** Warning *** If you enable the gyrocopter first person view it may make you motion sick as again its not true first person and the Gyro is very hard to fly in first person so for now I have left it at 3rd person.

The Gyrocopter is diabled in the configs as more fine tuning required but I will endeavour to get it better but if not then the choice is yours regarding the above warning about motion sickness.

This Modlet is tested and works with vanilla vehicles only

Download Link Removed as final version released

New Version Here

** Remove Previous Version of Modlet before installing the new version **

Enjoy !

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
newer version ..link removed to this one (see edit history)

Would you be able to create a modlet to turn off the digging zombies? I see you have the ability to turn off ladder climbing, I have no idea if digging is something that could be turned off..

Ragsy2145 was able to disable zombie ladder climbing using modlets because the file \Data\Config\entityclasses.xml references a property named CanClimbLadders:

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false"/>

That's essentially how modlets work: adding, changing, or removing XPATH statements or functions in the existing/vanilla game files using "do this to these files" type statements in other files. The beauty of modlets is that they don't get overwritten whenever the base game gets updated, and a properly written modlet may continue to work without modifications even after said updates.

I'm not sure the same can be done as easily (using only modlets) for zombie digging, as I haven't found any reference to zombie digging anywhere in the XML files.

Along those lines, I was also looking for ways to disable zombies attacking trees, so people could live in treehouses again (which always felt like something I personally might do in a "real life" apocalyptic scenario). Yes, I can add "special" trees to the game, using a modlet, that zombies can't destroy. But I was hoping to avoid zombies attacking trees in the first place... rather than hearing the annoying CLANG of zombies beating on "god" trees similar to trading post protections.

As both of those zombie behaviors are likely hard-coded into files that aren't easily alterable by end-users, neither of those are likely things that can be remedied with XPATH modlets.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

Vehicle First Person View Modlet V3 Preview

I am still working on version 3 of this modlet .. there are quite a lot of factors involved but basically the 4x4 and the Motorcycle have two alternative settings I am experimenting with so there may possibly be two versions of this modlet to try when I release .

These are Full front view first person or centered versions .

20190308223237_1.jpg.444ce609c2757127e182b590b31e03ae.jpg

If using 'centered view' there is still some glitching on the 4x4, but with full front view (over hood/bonnet style) you will not notice at all because for the 4x4 it becomes full first person.

I tried and tested at vanilla speeds and then used Xajar's Vehicle Speed modlet and it gives a nice feel on full first person a real need for speed experience :)

The Gyrocopter is annoyingly difficult to set up and I am thinking of giving up on that part to be honest :( you can have full front view but it's very difficult to fly and is unforgiving and you can loose sense of direction very quickly plus feel really sickly flying it so that may get removed for health and safety purposes ;)

I will hopefully finish up in the next few days ... spent loads of hours trying to perfect this and I feel its going in the right direction.

Cheers !

Ragsy

20190308214847_1.jpg.892f4617a01e8940d6b6c21c41bfcfcd.jpg

20190308214713_1.jpg.f5986ebdc8cda87a075c9f586f6a5bc9.jpg

Edited by Ragsy 2145
New info (see edit history)

Brighter_Vehicle_Lights

During the development of the First Person modlet for vehicles I was not happy with the light given from the vehicles in this mode, fortunately there is a solution and this was something we all initially thought may not work but it does.

bdubyah checked this out in XML and reported back that it works in vehicles 3rd person and I tried it in my vehicles modlet and it works.

This modlet works in 3rd person vehicles as well as my modlet for first person ... (except bicycle and gyro as per vanilla vehicle state of 17.2 B27).

A newer version that now supports Vanilla and both Manux and Guppycurs Custom Vehicles is available here Click here

Enjoy!

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Link to newer version (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ragsy_Vehicles_First_Person_View

Final version uploaded to github.

This version of Vehicles First Person View has a refined version of my brighter headlights modlet suitable for the first person view included as the original modlet values are too bright in 1st Person.

*** Please REMOVE the original Brighter Headlight Modlet and any previous version of the First Person Vehicle modlets before installing this modlet. ***

Added some tweaks to the vehicle settings to minimise drifting on the 4x4 in First Person, altered Bicycle, Minibike and Motorcycle tilt to stop excessive sway (this also helps stop camera tilts when using Xyth's Helmet Cam Modlet) .

Xyth's modlet collection

The First person Views are vastly improved now as part of the final push so there will be no more additions or changes now , I have also removed the Gyro as that was almost impossible to fly in first person (for now).

Download

P.S I will be doing some work with some of Guppy's new Vehicles on 1st person view when I get back from my real life commitments.

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Mod moved to Gitlab (see edit history)

Ragsy_Better_Gyro_Handling

FLIGHT TESTERS REQUIRED

wJ7KnXql.jpg

Added some tweaks to the Gyro vehicle settings to improve take offs and landing and give a lighter feel with better steering control, also slightly better 3rd person view added.

The gyro will now be able to take off in a shorter distance.

This modlet accidentally came about whilst trying to improve first person view which i eventually gave up on.

Download

**** Warning if you are using another modlet for vehicle speeds then this modlet will throw a warning ***

If that is the case either comment out the gyro settings in the other modlet or comment them out in mine.

I found these settings optimal for my modlet (velocityMax set at 18, 30 ) ... I recommend you keep these

Info :

To comment out simply place <!-- in beginning of the code line

and --> at the end of the code.

Example:

<!-- <set xpath="/vehicles/vehicle[@name=vehicleGyrocopter]/property[@name=velocityMax]/@value">18, 30</set> -->

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Moved to gitlab (see edit history)

A few tips for success on the new Gyrocopter Physics

When taking off don't hold space bar that just slows gyro down, just tap space bar once or twice ...the lift force makes the gyro lighter with the new settings and you will find it rises quite easily. The acceleration is so much better at start so make sure you have a good run of flat terrain.

Landing again just let go of W and tap for acceleration when needed , and as you come down use C or the spacebar to correct the descent, you should find then you gently come down to earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Classic Style Zombies

c9wuGgY.jpgc9wuGgYh.jpg

This Modlet makes a few changes to zombie behaviour to make them more in the classic style and is best used with other modlets that increase zombie counts, Jaxteller has a couple of Modlets that will allow for larger amounts of spawns ... check them out here Jaxtellers Modlets

Zombie Changes

Reduced zombie sight range to fit with zombies more sensitive to sound than sight.

Zombies can now hear you from a lot further away.

Reduced view angle of zombies to let sound be the key.

Adjusted maximum aggro speed to apply to 'all types'  of zombies so they will shamble around until they hear you , this can catch you out as you may think you are ok then suddenly they converge on your position and seek an audience with your body parts ;).

*** Recommend Server/ Game setting at Walk on all options ***

Dumber Zombies

Added AI pathing changes courtesy of Tete1805, HaidrGna, Khaine, Zyth and HAL9000.

Zombies will now be much dumber than before and will path directly toward player and walk into spikes more often.

Classic Zombies - no specials 

Also following the theme of more traditional classic style zombies I have adapted REV6:7-8's reality check zombie replacements to suit this modlet.

REV6:7-8's Reality check modlets can be found here

This is (my) version:

My personal thoughts are wolves,bears,dogs,vultures,cougers and mountain lions could be viable in the Apocalypse but not glowy screamy or super strength versions. Snakes i hate so they are out .

REPLACE zombieScreamer with zombieMarlene

REPLACE animalZombieBear with normal animalBear

REPLACE animalSnake with animalChicken

REPLACE zombieFatCop with zombieFatHawiian

REPLACE zombieSpider with zombieSoldier

REPLACE Feral Zombies all types replaced by zombieMaleHazmat

REPLACE animalZombieVultureRadiated with animalRabbit

REPLACE Radiated zombies replaced with zombieBiker

REPLACE animalDireWolf with animalStag

If you prefer to keep the original zombie of your choice then you can by commenting any line out in the entitygroups.xml Using <!--    and  --> as shown below

Example

<!-- <set xpath="//entitygroup[contains(@name, '')]/entity[contains(@name, 'zombieScreamer')]/@name">zombieMarlene</set> -->

Note: If you are using REV's Zombie Replacement Modlets and prefer them then simply delete entitygroups.xml in my modlet's Config folder.

Classic Zombies - Other

Also adds a 'perk' for headshot system and this is also PVP friendly - Original Code credits to Spider (JZ_Mod), adjusted damage modifiers to suit this modlet.

Not working in A19 as method changed ...there are alternative mods if you still require the headshot option.

Zombies will not climb ladders included ...

Please remove any previous version of the 'no ladder climbing' modlets

Now at Version 3 ... Modlet works with Both A17.4 and A18

I will look to improve this modlet as time goes by...

Ragsy Classic Style Zombies Download

Edited by Ragsy 2145
re add pic and comment on headshots not working (see edit history)

Guppy's Vehicle Modlet

e41x5LOl.jpg

I have been working on updating Guppy's Vehicles Modlet.

Guppy's Vehicles Modlet soon became Guppy's Vehicle Madness Modlet as it is now a almost a complete copy of the SDX Version without the SDX Scripts , this modlet uses the slightly flawed vanilla spawn option.

More info :

Guppycur's-Modlets

Edited by Ragsy 2145
pic updated (see edit history)

Ragsy_Brighter_Vehicle_Headlights_V2

After using manux custom vehicles modlet and Guppycurs Vehicle Madness I decided to add support for both.

The Links :

manux A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

Will work with both the SDX and the Modlet Versions of Guppycur's Vehicle Madness

Guppycur's Vehicle Madness Modlet

Guppycur's Vehicle Madness Overhaul SDX

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Moved Mod to Gitlab (see edit history)

Headlight brightness is in XML? Huh... Did I know that? Lol.

Keep rocking on! :)

(And if you can think of a good siphoning system lemme know... I do have an sdx script I'll be adding to remove the "take" button, soon, too).

I have a few ideas ;) I will put them up in Discord ....:fat:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Classic Style Zombies Modlet

(Original Post Updated to reflect the changes)

Also now added zombie dismemberment modifier so you have a better percentage chance now to blow off heads and it is also possible to dismember arms and legs as of Version 2. The focus still is favoured towards head shots.

Enjoy !

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Remove link (see edit history)

Update:

(Original Post Updated to reflect the changes)

Also now added zombie dismemberment modifier so you have a better percentage chance now to blow off heads and it is also possible to dismember arms and legs as of Version 2. The focus still is favoured towards head shots.

Well my timing was poor on this one lol ...... but good news for those A17.3 Experimental users, dismemberment appears to have been fixed by TFP on this experimental version.

Note: This Modlet has not been tested on A17.3 experimental yet !! , it may well be that the changes are now overpowering in A17.3 ... if you stay on 17.2 Stable then the current version works as originally intended .

Ragsy !