Players unwilling to change settings.

Slingblade2040

So alot of folks on here seem unhappy with the game for many reasons. The game is way more difficult, not enough resources, whatever. It seems as if the answer is simply change the settings to make life easier on yourself yet no one wants to do that. That somehow it is the devs responsibility to make the current settings easier even though we can change it ourselves. Many of the arguments on here can easily be answered by Changing difficulty setting, increase loot abundance, decrease loot respawn time, if zombies break in easy increase block durability, lower air drop days. So why won't so many players not change the in game settings if the settings they currently play with are to difficult or make their playstyle more difficult and want an easier time with it? Personally if folks don't want to change the in game settings so they have an easier time with the game so it's enjoyable then it's their own fault.

Why would it be the player's responsibility to mod XML files to balance the game? I would have went to school to be a game developer if I wanted that responsibility lol. For the record, just through my observation, most of the critical posts have nothing to do with difficulty. It's still totally easy to path the AI into the street for a conga line... no different that A16.4, except now ferals and radiated come earlier... still not harder imo.

Has been said many times. Has been answered many times.

You asume the ones not happy with a17 is bc of the difficulty, that's the problem

OP assumes nothing. OP has given examples of things users have complained about: all of which have menu controls to choose different values.

Why would it be the player's responsibility to mod XML files to balance the game? I would have went to school to be a game developer if I wanted that responsibility lol. For the record, just through my observation, most of the critical posts have nothing to do with difficulty. It's still totally easy to path the AI into the street for a conga line... no different that A16.4, except now ferals and radiated come earlier... still not harder imo.

OP never said anything about modding. OP was suggesting using the already available in game menu options.

It IS devs responsibility to make the default settings playable for new players.

WRONG: It is the developer's responsibility to make the game they wish and envision it to be.

Under your idea, games like Dark Souls and other more challenging games would never exist.

I didn't say to mod xml file. These are literally settings in the game options before you make the world or even after you make the world just go over to the tab that says Avanced and you can change the game settings from there. You don't have to mod any files at all to make these changes. Yes alot of posts have complained about difficulty, lack of resources, zombies breaking into bases to easily. All of those problems can be solved by simply changing the game settings.

I didn't say to mod xml file. These are literally settings in the game options before you make the world or even after you make the world just go over to the tab that says Avanced and you can change the game settings from there. You don't have to mod any files at all to make these changes. Yes alot of posts have complained about difficulty, lack of resources, zombies breaking into bases to easily. All of those problems can be solved by simply changing the game settings.

My bad, carry on lol

It IS devs responsibility to make the default settings playable for new players.

No it is not. Default is basically normal. This is why the devs put in easier settings for those players who are not skillful enough to play at the default setting. Now if the player decides to be as stubborn as a donkey and not change the settings because they aren't good then it is their problem and not the devs.

The game is way more tedious and grindy. Also levelgates.

Nearly nothing I dislike in A17 is based on (yet available) options.

While a lot can be balanced until the first stable, a lot of the things are fundamentally broken/worse than A16.

I still play on Insane... And zombies still die in 2-3 hits (im only lvl 20) with my sledgehammer.

The only time I ever have problems is on hordenight, because they simply chew through blocks. But that is the same on every difficulty. So... yeah.

Some might have issues with difficulty... Most (of what I have seen) do not.

No it is not. Default is basically normal. This is why the devs put in easier settings for those players who are not skillful enough to play at the default setting. Now if the player decides to be as stubborn as a donkey and not change the settings because they aren't good then it is their problem and not the devs.

Shroud was playing 7DTD on stream... lasted about 15-20 mins before he quit and played something else.

"Skill" is not the issue.

Shroud was playing 7DTD on stream... lasted about 15-20 mins before he quit and played something else.

"Skill" is not the issue.

I was actually curious about this. I've never watch shroud... never even heard of him... but I tracked him down and he played the game for 3+ hours and only ended after his friend (who was hosting the server) had to leave. And he said afterwards "the game is great".

So I'm sorry but that isn't even a quotemine but its purely fiction :D

I mean... I still think A17 is crap when compared to A16... not the game but the mentality (of slowing players instead of giving them more to do)

but that was simply not true :D

I was actually curious about this. I've never watch shroud... never even heard of him... but I tracked him down and he played the game for 3+ hours and only ended after his friend (who was hosting the server) had to leave. And he said afterwards "the game is great".

So I'm sorry but that isn't even a quotemine but its purely fiction :D

I mean... I still think A17 is crap when compared to A16... not the game but the mentality (of slowing players instead of giving them more to do)

but that was simply not true :D

Would you call running to recover your bag from the floor playing?

The guy is a professional streamer, he would earn nothing by saying the game is ♥♥♥♥. (Not that he felt that way either)

So only playing for that little amount of time and him saying "the game is great" could probably be interpreted as him rating on past experiences, not necessarily A17.

I stand by my opinion that "skill" is not the issue for people feeling that the game is unbalanced or not liking its current status.

:D :D :D <--- see, I can make them too!!1!

I stand by my opinion that "skill" is not the issue for people feeling that the game is unbalanced or not liking its current status.

while I disagree with your first statement, this is something I agree with.

Its not skill to survive A17. Its grind and work. Which is boring AF. The only fun I had in A17 was building underground... but it took me 4 hours to dig a 7 by 12 by 6. 4.5 to be exact. And it was overrun in less then 7 minutes. (ye I still survived because of molotovs but still)

OP assumes nothing. OP has given examples of things users have complained about: all of which have menu controls to choose different values.

OP never said anything about modding. OP was suggesting using the already available in game menu options.

WRONG: It is the developer's responsibility to make the game they wish and envision it to be.

Under your idea, games like Dark Souls and other more challenging games would never exist.

Boom!

Triple head shot!

payH8Rs.gif

Agree with everything you said.

Archived