Thank you Fun Pimps!

stashmerkin

Watching the triple A publisher dumpster fires going on right now, can we get a 'Way to go' for TFPs? I've been playing this game since A8 and every new alpha contains significant new content and upgrades. A17 may need a little fine tuning but it is a MASSIVE overhaul compared to the game when I first started playing it! Oh and they're not charging the players for these updates unlike some franchises that sell you the same game every year with roster changes or some such. I bought 7DtD awhile back on sale for 15-20 bucks and haven't had to pay anything more for all the new content over the years.

Thanks Fun Pimps!

I know it, amazing isn't it? I've been following the game since it had the minecraft-style crafting system and got into it slightly in A13, a bunch in 15, a ton in 16 before I got bored. I suspected 17 would be decent, but it's continually blowing my mind with white-knuckling fun. This has been the only game in years that I've pushed/bought friends copies of it to play with. Looking past the bugs, I couldn't find a game I'd rather play more than this one; once the game goes gold I see a swarm of popularity coming for it.

I paid $20 for my copy.

Given my hours played, that's somewhere less now than one tenth of one cent per hour.

Outside of a free game, I can't think of anything, in my entire gaming career, that would come even close to that sort of value for money (Civilization I may be the next nearest I guess).

7 Days has been a great value to me in gaming. I'm an old fart and have been a video game fan since the creation of video games and I don't think there's a single game I've put more time into. I just made my OP on one of my game channels on YT and thought I'd post the same sentiment over here where TFPs might see it. They've done a great job with this game and treat their players right.

Never put as many hours into a game.

Still having fun and looking forward to seeing what's next.

A17e is looking so very promising.

Yes I KNOW it's got a few issues but there's a whole new set of game mechanics to adjust and make this game even more amazing.

Once we hit 17.3 or so I feel like a lot more people are going to come around and love A17 as much as any build.

I've put more hours into other games besides 7 days but this is the game that I've watched the longest and actually stuck around to see what became of it and now that I can actually play the game instead of simply watching I have to say I'm excited to see how much farther they can take this game because I know it's always something I can come back to and play.

I'd say the two games I've probably played the most over the last few years has been 7DtD and DayZ, both have had their struggles through alpha (and in DayZ's case it's just hit beta - although I feel it's still an alpha as it is now). Both of them I got for peanuts, both of them have had lots of updates over the years and both have provided value for money in terms of gameplay and enjoyment many times over.

Both games have made design choices that I've not been keen on (in general those could be mitigated or mods were available) but overall I'd like to also echo the general "thanks TFP" message.

I have only a handful of games I've put more time into and that is only because I came across 7DTD late. This game will probably surpass all my games in hours aside from Borderlands 2 (around 5k hours across all platforms because I streamed it daily) even if I have to play mods or A16.4 to enjoy it. I love the game and concept, not so much the new direction. I am giving it a very earnest shot though. Don't hate, don't love it more than A16.4, but it's still playable for now.

It feels like this is the game I've been waiting for since video games began, bugs n all. Nothing else even comes close regarding game time. Minecraft+walking dead what more do u need? Flying dragons maybe. And it's not even finished yet.

Some good survival games out there but the replayability just doesn't compare without RWG and destructable environment. And what's with forced sleep mechanics?! How is clicking on a bed and skipping the night fun compared to 7dtd.

7 Days has been a great value to me in gaming. I'm an old fart and have been a video game fan since the creation of video games and I don't think there's a single game I've put more time into. I just made my OP on one of my game channels on YT and thought I'd post the same sentiment over here where TFPs might see it. They've done a great job with this game and treat their players right.

If I'm not playing I'm usually watching, what's yr yt channel? Can't seem to find it under 'Stashmerkin'

I have been around since block terrain.

7dtd is like an old mirage. We have our ups and downs. We have our fights, sometimes it gets so bad we have to take a break. But eventually we overcome our differences (XML) and get together again

There is no game that I have had so much fun in and have so many memories with.

I won't lie A17 has been hard on us but I truly hope we'll stick together a few more years.

Thank you TFP!

Value is a good thing, but at some point there has to be value given to maximize value received. I'd rather see a bug-free full release and pay for addons, additional content, and maybe eventually a sequel. Some folks short-shortsightedly celebrate things they don't have to pay (much) for, but if you really like something you should WANT to pay for it so that the people making a living by it can do MORE!

As it is, considering the development pace and the amount of bugs that are allowed to persist for the time periods they are allowed to persist for... I'm going to say that 7D2D is a "good" value.

I have to agree, 7 Days is well worth the money spent on it. I got started around A10 and have over 1700 hours in, at least according to Steam. I don't think that includes what I have gotten trying out mods as well.

The only games that have come close to being as long lived for me are the Civilization series, Master of Orion and Everquest. Not a bad of games to be compared to...

• 1 month later...

Archived