Dead is dead

Melandreal

Video - (showing no game deaths in your scoreboard) or it didn't happen ;)

And then you see my playstyle and cry because its not yours. And think its not right and bla bla bla ... and i make a video to show you, that i got it .. for nothing else. And do the work ... Why? I mean ... my word isn't enough for you? Okay ...

I hope, the pimps won't nerf the game. I'll stay with my opinion ... If its to hard, turn down the difficulty. THATS the reason for the option. Still too hard on easy with never running? Think about your playstyle.

i would love a modus you can make only 3 Savegames of your nude char at all. And you need to buy them

1: 1000 Coins

2: 10 000 Coins

3: 100 000 Coins

Death is death i like, but i like more to play with 3 fallback points.

Means i would backup my char at a clone machine at

lvl 30 or 50

arround 150

arround 250

Playing dead-is-dead seems to have huge penalties in the current state of the game. Yes, I know this is Alpha and know its experimental, but I felt I needed to say something about this from a dead-is-dead gamer perspective.

I keep reading about people crying that the horde night is too easy... I see videos showing very easy 7 and 14 day hoards... but then they show their scoreboard and they have died multiple times!

I presume this is why their horde nights are so much easier?!

As I understand it, the game stage gets harder/higher if you don't die, as in a way the game 'wants you to die'.

But I don't understand the thinking behind this as even though the game is called "7 days to die" it is marketed as a survival game...

I play on normal settings, with no cheats on and if I die I start again. I have 820 hours in the game, all played this way, so I am not a nooby player, but I am really finding the horde nights difficult to get through without dying.

Please, devs, consider adding a bonus/buff/incentive to staying alive in this game. I know there is a temporary debuff to those who die, but dead-is-dead really needs some love too.

Penalising us by making the horde nights harder (as we don't die multiple times during normal gameplay) seems very unfair to me :(

Edit: on my 7 day horde I got irradiated zombie cops, irradiated spider zombies, etc etc etc!!!

I'm on day 44 and have died more times in this game alone than I have the last 3 alpha's combined. However, I have yet to die on a horde night. Those dang PoI's keep getting me, especially during trader quests.

But it seems to me if you die multiple times in 7 days to die, all your hordes are made easier for you - that kinda sucks :(

It's to help you survive, which you obviously weren't doing. I think 1 death right before horde night would suffice if one wanted to cheese it (irrc it's GS=days survived*level) btw. So maybe look at it as they want to continually make the game harder for you, but if they made it too hard they will give you a breather.

Not saying I like it this way either, but I at least try to understand their rationale for it. Maybe it is as they wish it, and maybe they're still trying to find the "just right" way too.

I bet everyone was excited about leveled-lists and all that and then Oblivion came out and it blew chunks. Some things sound great and then their execution leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm on day 44 and have died more times in this game alone than I have the last 3 alpha's combined. However, I have yet to die on a horde night. Those dang PoI's keep getting me, especially during trader quests.

Yes, thats exactly my point. If you die you get easier hordes :/

If you don't die in your game, the hordes are much harder.

I like playing dead-is-dead and resent having to turn options down to easy when I have been playing this game in a dead-is-dead gamestyle for over 4 years :(

And here we get to the real complaint. A17 is harder. It should not be nerfed because of your ego.

LMAO its nothing to do with ego. In fact as a female gamer my ego is fairly small actually ;)

I am not a COD style gamer with a huge ego, and I didn't buy this game 4 years ago to play it in a COD style, as that is not my thing and never has been. In fact I think its very sad if this game is going down that road :(

I am hoping for a possible buff or reward for staying alive, but at the very least I hope they reconsider having the gamestage artificially boosted by the lack of player death, causing BM hordes to become harder.

Either that, or I will have to resort to doing one death every 7 days just to get an easier BM horde - which to me defeats the object of the game being a survival game :(

I think the game should save every morning after horde night, Bringing you back to latest week at death. This way you are punished hard, but you can do things differently to avoid, or reach a gamestage that is INSANELY difficult and that you try every now and then..

What do you think ?

Dead is dead is the only way to play. However, it is against our creed to complain about the game being too hard. Likewise, as you noted, we have no respect for those who believe in infinite lives and endless respawns, their opinions are meaningless and their skill is non-existent.

This is nothing about hardcore, but about "realism" or as much as you can get in a zombie game (!)

I play dead-is-dead, not super hardcore settings.

This WAS on normal, and the next one down and the easiest!!!! I am not asking for it to be easier, just less punishment for the dead-is-dead gamestyle - whatever the setting is on!!

Putting my game on the EASIEST setting with zombies set to walk, was the ONLY way I could keep up with horde night and not die and I STILL got zombie cops, irradiated spider zombies, etc etc etc!!! (so yeah - NOT an "insane" gamer as you say!!)

This cannot be intended surely?!

On horde night I just run around and pick them off... It's easy to do if you sink a few perks into cardio and sex rex! But I kinda understand, gamestage does need balance atm I'm pretty sure so with the next few weeks of experimental I bet it'll be a little less difficult for some people. (it's not easy but not too much of a challenge for me)

Project zomboid is the only game worth playing when it comes to dead is dead, because when you do eventually die, its your fault. 7d2d you get a wolf pack silently enter the house inside a city full of buildings and zombies, but no, you are their target. Why? Because devs dont know how else to make this game hardcore.

FYI: No need to keep complaining about gamestage - you can EDIT it in the .xml files!

Sadly, I am not a big fan of editing the game. In the finished builds I will sometimes add mods eventually, but especially in experimental I prefer to keep it vanilla.

I will just keep my fingers crossed that the devs will give some love to the dead-is-dead gameplay style eventually. Its a step in the right direction that they added the debuff to death for those who die multiple times in their games. But its a shame they made hordes harder for the dead-is-dead gamers.

I have yet to see it confirmed by a dev that our self imposed dead-is-dead gameplay style ups the gamestage higher than an 'infinite lives' player, but I certainly suspect it does from what I have seen and read.

I don't understand.

You get the same bloodmoon horde as someone who does not play DID but does not die so no change there.

You want the game to be somehow easier without lowering the game difficulty so DID is supposed to be less of a challenge?

I don't understand.

You get the same bloodmoon horde as someone who does not play DID but does not die so no change there.

You want the game to be somehow easier without lowering the game difficulty so DID is supposed to be less of a challenge?

No, my main issue was the fact that not dying makes the gamestage higher than someone who plays with "infinite lives", so what incentive is there to stay alive?

Infinite lives: only penalty is a short debuff, but they get easier BM hordes.

DID (or not dying) get: no reward, only risk, and the difficulty keeps getting worse.

It seems to me that the game is now designed to encourage you to die to keep it balanced?

No, my main issue was the fact that not dying makes the gamestage higher than someone who plays with "infinite lives", so what incentive is there to stay alive?

Yeah, but that's not true.

Not dieing in a DID game is in no way different from not dieing in a non-DID game.

You are implying that everyone who does not play DID intentionally and repeatedly dies in order to lower the GS and that is not my experience.

If the players skill is high enough, they get the exact same experience.

If you want an easier game, lower the game difficulty. That also lowers the gamestage multiplier.

And here we get to the real complaint. A17 is harder. It should not be nerfed because of your ego.

Well different to your opinion his ego follow a natural law.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand.

Well, if you still run arround with Orange unmodded weapons without mods and with no Skillpoints in Battle skills its a bit .... unbalanced to have rooms full of green glowing running zombies that nearly onehit you

(is there a chance for glasses (like the nerd ones) but with -100% XP)

Yeah, but that's not true.

Not dying in a DID game is in no way different from not dying in a non-DID game.

DID and not dying are one and the same surely? I really don't see what you mean here?

Y

You are implying that everyone who does not play DID intentionally and repeatedly dies in order to lower the GS and that is not my experience.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it: gamestage = (your level + days alive) x difficulty setting multiplier ?

So if this is true, then yes, you are penalised with a harder experience for staying alive are you not?

Maths is not my strongpoint, so perhaps I am wrong.

This is a strange thread, I sometimes play DID for the tension and difficulty challenge, so personally I want the irradiated cops and spiders to show day 7 for the harder experience. I want the game to try and kill me and put me in difficult situations that I have to workout from, that is the meaning of survival for me.

It seems many ppl find 7dtd difficult and not lowering BM on death could end in a death spiral for them. From what I've seen on streams and YT videos, I don't think most ppl are dying intentionally just to lower BM.

But OP's idea of a days alive buff is interesting, nothing game breaking, maybe staying alive theoretically we get to know the traders longer so tie it with the Better Barter perk, days alive gives slight increasing discount. Might give more incentive to play to survive rather than being reckless.

It's funny, that's the first time I've heard the idea of a "survive buff" mentioned but it's a clever idea.

Thing is TFP vision of a "survive buff" is to make the game stage actually harder as from what I gather the game gets harder the longer you don't die in terms of game stage. So I don't feel very hopeful that something like a survive buff is coming as it clashes with the design philosophy, if that's what they're going for.

Playing dead-is-dead seems to have huge penalties in the current state of the game. Yes, I know this is Alpha and know its experimental, but I felt I needed to say something about this from a dead-is-dead gamer perspective.

I keep reading about people crying that the horde night is too easy... I see videos showing very easy 7 and 14 day hoards... but then they show their scoreboard and they have died multiple times!

I presume this is why their horde nights are so much easier?!

As I understand it, the game stage gets harder/higher if you don't die, as in a way the game 'wants you to die'.

But I don't understand the thinking behind this as even though the game is called "7 days to die" it is marketed as a survival game...

I play on normal settings, with no cheats on and if I die I start again. I have 820 hours in the game, all played this way, so I am not a nooby player, but I am really finding the horde nights difficult to get through without dying.

Please, devs, consider adding a bonus/buff/incentive to staying alive in this game. I know there is a temporary debuff to those who die, but dead-is-dead really needs some love too.

Penalising us by making the horde nights harder (as we don't die multiple times during normal gameplay) seems very unfair to me :(

Edit: on my 7 day horde I got irradiated zombie cops, irradiated spider zombies, etc etc etc!!!

With the new system you are going to have a REALLY hard time with everything if you play this way, let me explain why; the devs have buffed EVERYTHING. The reason you got such tough zombies during the day 7 horde is your game score, now as a veteran player myself (500+ hours), I rarely die, so my game score is usually pretty high, just like you. The problem with your play style with the new update it is going to become EXTREMELY difficult for you to play. Everything you face including your hordes are based on your game score, and since you refuse to die the horde you will face are going to be MUCH harder then any other player. Now I’m not saying you should go out of your way to die, but you should probably accept a death here and there, because if you don’t your hordes are just going to get harder and harder. If that’s your horde by day 7 (which was about what mine was as well), then you can imagine your later hordes won’t be pretty. Anyways there are other ways to keep your game score down if you REALLY don’t want to die, the main way is simply to avoid killing zombies, however that severely limits the amount of you could gain. Anyways that’s just my advice, I wish you the best of luck!

Archived