A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

manux

Update: Progression and Loot

A small update that just tweaks progression, loot, recipes, along with a couple of other small changes.

Progression was changed based on some of Gareee's suggestions, and to better fit with how it is in vanilla 17.1.

Changes:

- Just like vanilla 17.1, I removed placeable vehicles from progression, which means that if you have the parts for them, you should be able to build vehicles any time.

- Better placed vehicles parts within the greaseMonkey progression. For example, Pedal Gyro should now be craftable earlier.

- Just like vanilla vehicles, I added loot for all vehicle parts.

- Modified recipes craft time so they take longer to craft.

- Added an Helicopter rotor sound to the Helicopter, instead of the 4x4 engine sound.

- Better Jet Pack icon. Thanks to Gareee, for doing this!

- All vehicle materials should now work properly on Mac and Linux.

- Modlet is now available in the 7D2D Mod Launcher.

Known issues:

Some people have reported that you cannot interact with some vehicles anymore after a server crash.

Others told me that this also happens with vanilla vehicles. So in theory this is a game bug, not a mod bug.

The vehicles in this mod are supposed to be built exactly like the vanilla ones, so there's not much I can do about that, it's TFP that needs to fix it.

I made a small change in the resource files of the vehicles which may fix the issue for the mod's vehicles, but there is no guarantee.

Let me know if you still get it, and also please confirm if it happens with both vanilla vehicles and the mod's vehicles.

Edited by manux (see edit history)

i think as long as you have a github link can be done, just need to ask spherii about it, i think he is the one that has to do it.

Yep, that was the secret to getting it there! :smile-new:

It's now available on the 7D2D Mod Launcher.

Awesome job! Will try to install and use on our dedicated servers.

I wonder why TFP does not add auto-syncing of resources/mods between dedicated servers and clients, after all that's working for decades for other games (e.g. Counter-Strike Classic, which would download missing maps, configuration, models, sounds ... from the server on connect). Shouldn't even be a problem to specify a download-server http-Link so the traffic load is not sitting on the dedicated 7days server.

We'd love to have this mod (and others) on our servers, but it's a pain in the rear to get the players to install and keep mods up to date. Same issue for any mod-managing software, it appears to confuse people as soon as any "external" software must be used to change a game.

Ah well, we'll sort it out somehow, so we can play your awesome creations :D

When should the pedal gyro be craftable? I unlocked the vanilla motorcycle, and still couldn't make the gyro accessories.

Also, can you shorten up the vehicle and part names with spaces or underscores? They are very hard to read.

At grease monkey 3. You dont need the accessories, it uses the chassis and helicopter rotor;)

When should the pedal gyro be craftable? I unlocked the vanilla motorcycle, and still couldn't make the gyro accessories.

Also, can you shorten up the vehicle and part names with spaces or underscores? They are very hard to read.

yep, Quasimiyao is right. New progression looks like this:

greaseMonkey 3 : manux_vehicleCarChassis, manux_vehicleCarAccessories, vehicleGyroCopterChassis, manux_vehicleHelicopterRotor

greaseMonkey 4 : manux_bigEngine, manux_vehicleBigWheels, vehicleGyroCopterAccessories

greaseMonkey 5 : manux_vehicleHelicopterChassis

The rest of the progression for vanilla vehicles is the same as vanilla. Only the vanilla gyro chassis and accessories have been moved to accommodate some of this mod's vehicles.

About names, are you using my localization file? Names should be a bit shorter that way. You need to paste it's content inside your game's localization file for it to work.

manux you can remove the dipper in the HP4x4Truck?

By dipper, you're talking about the forks in the front of the vehicle?

Is there a reason why you don't want them? The HP 4x4 truck is really just a replica of the vanilla one, with more speed and torque.

There's no collider on that front part, so it should not really affect driving or collisions.

I can confirm the pedal gyro can be crafted before the vanilla one. I'm not seeing much stamina drain from it though... other than speed, it seems like you can cruise around forever.

I wouldn't want it to kill stamina as much as the bike, but maybe 1/5th as much so coasting and stamina management is a thing with it.

I can confirm the pedal gyro can be crafted before the vanilla one. I'm not seeing much stamina drain from it though... other than speed, it seems like you can cruise around forever.

I wouldn't want it to kill stamina as much as the bike, but maybe 1/5th as much so coasting and stamina management is a thing with it.

I made it drain more than the bike when pedaling, but because it's a flying vehicle, with no ground friction, it can cruise for a little while yes.

From the testing I've done with the bicycle and the pedal gyro, it seems like stamina only really gets drained when using the "turbo" "SHIFT" HotKey. But maybe my tests were not fully accurate.

I'm not sure if there is a way to make it more balanced with the current XML properties, and I don't have much time to play with it.

Cranking stamina drain even higher might give you what you want, and may drain even when not in turbo mode...

If anyone finds better XML settings for it, I will gladly modify it.

- - - Updated - - -

@manux

can you make a boat for 17.1? Or convert boat that you make for a16..?

Thanks

I haven't found a way to do a boat in A17 with just XML settings. It would require an SDX mod with custom C# code for that.

And I am currently not sure I will ever have enough free time to port my A16 full sdx mod to A17.

If TFP adds a way to make boats with just XML, It will then be easy for me to add it...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! This mod made me really excited. I am going to try this out tonight. The helicopter looked so badass. So nice with a vehicle that can fit a whole team inside! I guess that is endgame material. ^^ Is it possible to shoot from the helicopter while flying inside? :)

They mucked about with physics and vehicles in 17.2. I didn't try the other vehicles, but the monowheel's controls are very twitchy now. it banks all the way over to the sides with a light touch. It might need to be tweaked a little.... but in our experience the mod still works as expected in 17.2

Cannot get the mod to work

A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

This is an XML-only A17 modlet that features some of my A16 Custom Vehicles, along with many new cool ones.

- All vehicles use the A17 vanilla vehicle system, which means they all feature the new awesome vehicle physics system.

- Not all the A16 vehicles are in there, but there's a good selection. Each Vehicle has it's own personality, and they are a lot of fun!

- It does not contain all the features I have in the A16 mod. And I am not certain I will ever port the full A16 Custom Vehicles mod to A17. But TFP implemented so many of the features I have in the A16 mod, that you won't be missing that many features. :smile-new:

- There is currently none of the vehicles that require custom c# code in order to work. So, no Beast, no Boat, and no Weapons.

- Recipes and progression are contained in the modlet.

There's more details about the modlet in the ReadMe of the github links below:

Downloads

Modlet Version

- Simply download and copy the Modlet under the Mods folder of your A17 installation.

- The relative path should look something like this: "...\7 Days To Die\Mods\manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet"

- I don't think modlets can currently add the content of their Localization.txt file to the game, so you can simply copy the content of the Config/Localization.txt file into the Game's Localization.txt file.

SDX Version

- The SDX version only has the advantage of automatically deploying the Localization file.

- You need A17 SDX Launcher version 0.7.3 to deploy this version.

The new toys in action

[video=youtube_share;OKTsIO4xcEI]

[video=youtube_share;7U7VUzD9iWM]

More Vids HERE

Featured Vehicles

- Cicada Car: Not the fastest vehicle, but it has a lot of Storage.

- Quad: What would be the Apocalypse without a Quad.

- Dust2Death's RoadHog: A faster version of the MotorCycle.

- HellGoat Bike: The fastest and most agile vehicle. Perfect to cover long distances quicker, or have fun in the mountains.

- Mono-Hog: A Monocycle Hog. Original, Fast, strong, agile, and a hopper.

- High-Power 4x4 Truck: A faster, more powerful 4x4.

- Monster Beetle: Big, Fast, Strong, and Deadly. It even hops. A King's Ride!

- Human-Powered Gyrocopter: A human-powered Gyrocopter using pedals like the bicycle. No gas required.

- Jet Pack: A MacGyver-style dream ride!

- Helicopter OH-58: A fast and more stable flying ride, that can sit up to 8 persons.

All Bikes and the Quad have 2 seats, the Cars/Trucks have 4 and the Helico has 8. Vanilla vehicles seats have also been increased accordingly.

Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Mumpfy for his great texture work on many of the vehicles present in this modlet and in the A16 full vehicle mod. And also for some modeling help and his eye for nailing the look of kick-ass vehicles like the Monster Beetle.

Thanks to Chaos for his help on the Monster Beetle modeling, a very talented person, I hope we continue working together in the future.

Thanks to all the 3D creators of the original vehicle models, and also to all people of have helped in the past one way or another, especially for the A16 full mod: Dust2Death, Guppy, TormentedEmu, HAL9000, Sphereii, Three8, JaxTeller.

See the full list and details HERE

I followed your directions to the best of my ability. I must be missing something though. I cannot seem to get it to work. After patching do I have to start a new game? Any help would be great. Thank you!

I installed it on a rented server. For me it only works when the clients have the mod downloaded locally. Is this normal or is me doing something wrong? If I use a vehicle and client don't have the mod locally, they would see me floating while the vehicle absent. Why the server doesn't push the 3d files to client? Is it supposed to be like that? Other mods with xml only without 3d files work fine server side. Maybe my server host not allowing players to access the 3d or dll files? Sorry for my grammar. English is my 2nd language.