A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

manux

My blog is all in Japanese, but maybe you can google translate it. I translate and write about 7 days to die vanilla and some mods for it. I hope google does an okay job at translating it. Here's the link to the page that I wrote about your mod. https://ameblo.jp/chikorina0529/entry-12422820994.html

Nice! I tried to learn Japanese many years ago but never got really far, so I used the google translation.

I like all the details you put for the installation, and the snapshots of the vehicles in-game. 3000-5000 views a day is huge, you must be a star or something. :smile-new:

Nice! I tried to learn Japanese many years ago but never got really far, so I used the google translation.

I like all the details you put for the installation, and the snapshots of the vehicles in-game. 3000-5000 views a day is huge, you must be a star or something. :smile-new:

No, no, 7 Days to Die is the one has a lot of Japanese fans, not me:playful: Yesterday, a Japanese youtuber who has 64000 subs said that he saw my article and was very interested in your vehicles. He said that he is planning on installing and playing it sometime. He and a lot of other people are looking forward to your other vehicles, like the boat. I hope A17 stable comes soon:welcoming:

No, no, 7 Days to Die is the one has a lot of Japanese fans, not me:playful: Yesterday, a Japanese youtuber who has 64000 subs said that he saw my article and was very interested in your vehicles. He said that he is planning on installing and playing it sometime. He and a lot of other people are looking forward to your other vehicles, like the boat. I hope A17 stable comes soon:welcoming:

That's a lot of people. Nice to see the so much interest in the mod, thanks for the publicity! :smile-new:

That Powerpuff Girls car is the best thing ever.

Lol, I guess you're talking about the Cicada car, it does look like it, ah ah! :smile-new:

It was the first 4 wheels test car I implemented on A16, and decided to keep it, cause it was cute, and player looked funny when driving it.

Edited by manux (see edit history)

Could this be implemented with one of the in-game sedans as the asset? Then the client wouldn't need to add any resources, and everything would still be server-side?

Or am I missing something?

I don't think the in-game sedans are rigged to be driveable vehicles, they're more like loot container blocks. We would still need to add unity resource files in order to make them driveable.

The resource files would actually be replicas of the vehicles using their mesh and texture assets, with the addition of a vehicle Unity rig on them.

i have to admit i would love to salvage bits and peaces of the sedans to build my own Mad-max-alike rat sedan. If you could get the mesh and textures implemented that would be awesome. as long as they aren't clean and shiny that is :)

Being able to create custom vehicles in-game from salvaged pieces would indeed be pretty cool.

I currently don't have much time to work on the mod. I started a new interesting vehicle a week ago, I hope to be able to work more on it this weekend. It is along the lines of a mad max vehicle... ;)

I just loaded in these modlets - they look awesome - however, and maybe its just like this or maybe i missed something,

but in the crafting menu when I pull them up I dont see any icon, or discrip, I see what I need to craft the vech

and the name looks like - manux_CicadaCar - or rather a file name.

is this norm ?

I just loaded in these modlets - they look awesome - however, and maybe its just like this or maybe i missed something,

but in the crafting menu when I pull them up I dont see any icon, or discrip, I see what I need to craft the vech

and the name looks like - manux_CicadaCar - or rather a file name.

is this norm ?

I just verified, and I get both the icon and the proper name for the Cicada Car.

But thanks for pointing this out, because it made me realize that I had no icons for the Car Chassis and Car Accessories! :smile-new:

So, about your problem, how did you install the modlet? I have 2 versions, the regular modlet and the SDX version of the modlet.

For the Vehicle icons, you need the ItemIcons folder with all its icons for icons to work.

And for the names, as stated in the OP, if you are using the regular modlet, you need to manually copy the content of the Config/Localization.txt file into your game install Config/Localization.txt file.

Let me know if you are still having issues after checking those.

I just verified, and I get both the icon and the proper name for the Cicada Car.

But thanks for pointing this out, because it made me realize that I had no icons for the Car Chassis and Car Accessories! :smile-new:

So, about your problem, how did you install the modlet? I have 2 versions, the regular modlet and the SDX version of the modlet.

For the Vehicle icons, you need the ItemIcons folder with all its icons for icons to work.

And for the names, as stated in the OP, if you are using the regular modlet, you need to manually copy the content of the Config/Localization.txt file into your game install Config/Localization.txt file.

Let me know if you are still having issues after checking those.

I took the folder - manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet - and dropped it in the Mods folder

then copied the text from your Localization.txt and pasted it in the games Data/Config/Localization.txt at the bottom of the file

I used the Modlet files I believe as well ...

Is that correct?

UPDATE - this is surely something ive not done properly

i am working on adding another modlet and same similar issue

:upset:

Edited by illusions (see edit history)

I took the folder - manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet - and dropped it in the Mods folder

then copied the text from your Localization.txt and pasted it in the games Data/Config/Localization.txt at the bottom of the file

I used the Modlet files I believe as well ...

Is that correct?

UPDATE - this is surely something ive not done properly

i am working on adding another modlet and same similar issue

:upset:

Ok but did you download it from my regular modlet or from my sdx modlet version? The folders are named the same, but copying the sdx modlet folder directly won't work.

I also just updated the mod to contain icons for the car chassis and accessories.

Since you don't seem to be using SDX, this is the download link you need to use: regular modlet

Also, just to make sure:

- Your "Mods" folder needs to be placed directly in the 7d2d install folder, where the game .exe is.

- Make sure that inside the modlets folders you have a file called "ModInfo.xml". If instead you have a file called "mod.xml", it means it's and SDX modlet, and won't work.

But if the above were your problems, the mods would not load at all, you wouldn't even be able to add the vehicles.

So if you can add them, then I'm not sure what your problem is. It's very strange.

You might want to delete your 7d2d install completely and then do a "Verify integrity of game files" to re-download the latest A17 version...

Ok but did you download it from my regular modlet or from my sdx modlet version? The folders are named the same, but copying the sdx modlet folder directly won't work.

I also just updated the mod to contain icons for the car chassis and accessories.

Since you don't seem to be using SDX, this is the download link you need to use: regular modlet

Also, just to make sure:

- Your "Mods" folder needs to be placed directly in the 7d2d install folder, where the game .exe is.

- Make sure that inside the modlets folders you have a file called "ModInfo.xml". If instead you have a file called "mod.xml", it means it's and SDX modlet, and won't work.

But if the above were your problems, the mods would not load at all, you wouldn't even be able to add the vehicles.

So if you can add them, then I'm not sure what your problem is. It's very strange.

You might want to delete your 7d2d install completely and then do a "Verify integrity of game files" to re-download the latest A17 version...

Thats how i have everything. I downloaded the modlet. ModInfo.xml is in there.

So, my next thought that has dawned on me - is this for a ded server side or local player game ?

im guessing this a local player files.

Thats how i have everything. I downloaded the modlet. ModInfo.xml is in there.

So, my next thought that has dawned on me - is this for a ded server side or local player game ?

im guessing this a local player files.

Works for a regular single player game for sure. For a server you need the modlet both on the server and on the clients. And I guess it's the same when playing multi without a dedi. Basically, every 7d2d install needs the modlets in order to load icons and .unity3d files.

I didn't think of asking you about that, I was certain you were on a regular install.

Edited by manux (see edit history)

hello manux, really nice mod, but i have a question

could you do, in the future, a sport vehicle, like a old camaro or corvette (but with some customs i think)

or its not possible for you because, you're too bussy?

bests, ruslan

I'm too busy right now, and at least till march.

But Xyth will possibly do some tutorials soon, so that more people can start making custom vehicles...

• 2 weeks later...

A17.0_2018-12-25_17-01-57.jpg.1567bafebdac936f9c97d5707e76ee7a.jpg

pulled it off, got it working. also did Manux's Jeep since there are several in our group, and the girls like to ride more then they do driving, (plus it keeps them from wandering off Constantly stopping for every trash-bag even while time is critical.... :cocksure: )

EDIT: if anyone knows how to get the Dixie horn (for ALL vehicles) from https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99776-Khelldon-s-Modlets&p=902985&viewfull=1#post902985 mod working on a dedicated server please please let me know.

Using the code from the vehicle.xml inside Xela's https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?100853-Multipassanger-Vehicles mod, you Basically just add the

<property class="seat1">

part in.

Then adjust the coordinates in this line

<property name="position" value="0, 0.1, -0.5"/>

the last part -0.5, is important. -1.0 would place you further back then -0.5 would.

I still want to mess with it (positions) some more to get it even better looking. but i cant find documentation for the

<property name="rotation" value="0, 0, 0"/>

line, so i have to edit and test and edit and test.

working version of code.... VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

<vehicle name="manux_vehicleQuad">

<property name="cameraDistance" value="3.5, 5"/>
           <property name="cameraTurnRate" value=".2, .35"/>
           <property name="motorTorqueMinQ" value="5500"/>
           <property name="motorTorqueMaxQ" value="8000"/>
           <property name="brakeTorque" value="5000"/>
           <property name="upAngleMax" value="90"/>
           <property name="upForce" value="1"/>
           <property name="steerRate" value="150"/>
           <property name="steerCenteringRate" value="100"/>
           <property name="tiltAngleMax" value="80"/>
           <property name="tiltThreshold" value="3"/>
           <property name="tiltDampening" value=".22"/>
           <property name="tiltDampenThreshold" value="8"/>
           <property name="tiltUpForce" value="0"/>
           <property name="hopForce" value="0"/>
           <property name="unstickForce" value="5"/>
           <property name="velocityMax" value="12, 18"/>
           <property name="waterDrag_y_velScale_velMaxScale" value="1.8, .9, .1"/>
           <property name="wheelPtlScale" value="1"/>

<property name="hornSound" value="vehicle/minibike/minibike_horn"/>

<property class="battery">
               <property name="class" value="Battery"/>
               <property name="slot_type" value="battery"/>
               <property name="mesh" value="battery"/>
               <property name="transform" value="battery"/>
               <property name="parent_part" value="chassis"/>
           </property>

<property class="chassis">
               <property name="class" value="Chassis"/>
               <property name="display_name" value="chassis"/>
               <property name="slot_type" value="chassis"/>
               <property name="mesh" value="chassis"/>
               <property name="transform" value="Origin"/>
           </property>

<property class="engine">
               <property name="class" value="Engine"/>
               <property name="slot_type" value="engine"/>
               <property name="mesh" value="engine_small"/>
               <property name="transform" value="engine_small"/>
               <property name="particle_transform" value="engine_small/MinibikeParticles/p_engine_fire"/>
               <property name="fuelKmPerL" value="2"/>
               <property name="gear1" value="
                                   500,2500, -1400,800,0, 700,2000,900,
                                   Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_accel_1,
                                   0, .7, 1, .1, -9, .15, .1, Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_idle_lp,
                                   -.3, .1, .1, .4, -.05, 9, .2, Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_run_lp
                                   "/>
               <property name="gear2" value="
                                   500,2500, -2000,1000,2000, 620,2200,800,
                                   Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_accel_2,
                                   Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_decel,
                                   -.2, -.02, .1, .2, -1, 1, .1, Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_run_lp
                                   "/>
               <property name="gear3" value="
                                   500,2500, -2000,1000,2000, 570,2200,1000,
                                   Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_accel_3,
                                   -.21, -.05, .1, .2, -1, 1, .1, Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_run_lp
                                   "/>
               <property name="gear4" value="
                                   500,2500, -2000,1000,2000, 500,9999,9999,
                                   -.25, -.08, .55, .45, -1, 1, .1, Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_run_lp
                                   "/>
               <property name="sound_start" value="Vehicles/Motorbike/minibike_start_"/>
               <property name="sound_shut_off" value="Vehicles/Motorbike/minibike_shutoff_"/>
               <property name="sound_no_fuel_shut_off" value="Vehicles/Motorbike/motorbike_empty"/>
           </property>

<property class="fuelTank">
               <property name="class" value="FuelTank"/>
               <property name="parent_part" value="engine"/>
               <property name="capacity" value="15"/>
           </property>

<property class="handlebars">
               <property name="class" value="Steering"/>
               <property name="slot_type" value="handlebars"/>
               <property name="transform" value="Origin/steering_joint"/>
               <property name="steerMaxAngle" value="60"/>
               <property name="IKHandLPosition" value="-0.3010845, 0.291624, -0.06293825" />
               <property name="IKHandRPosition" value="0.2905408, 0.2912554, -0.06402154" />
               <property name="IKHandLRotation" value="29.228, -7.0849, 4.5489" />
               <property name="IKHandRRotation" value="18.282, 4.6082, 3.9647" />
           </property>

<property class="seat0">
               <property name="position" value="0, 0.1, -0.2"/>
               <property name="exit" value="-1.08,0,0 ~ 1.08,0,-1 ~ -.4,0,-1.6 ~ -.4,0,1.5 ~ -.4,1.6,0"/>
           </property>

<property class="seat1">
               <property name="position" value="0, 0.1, -0.5"/>
               <property name="exit" value="-1.08,0,0 ~ 1.08,0,-1 ~ -.4,0,-1.6 ~ -.4,0,1.5 ~ -.4,1.6,0"/>
           </property>

<property class="wheel0">
               <property name="steerTransform" value="Origin/frontLeftWheelStear_joint"/>
               <property name="tireTransform" value="Origin/frontLeftWheelStear_joint/frontLeftWheel_joint"/>
               <property name="tireSuspensionPercent" value="1"/>
               <property name="torqueScale_motor_brake" value=".15, .5"/>
           </property>

<property class="wheel1">
               <property name="steerTransform" value="Origin/frontRightWheelStear_joint"/>
               <property name="tireTransform" value="Origin/frontRightWheelStear_joint/frontRightWheel_joint"/>
               <property name="torqueScale_motor_brake" value=".15, .5"/>
           </property>

<property class="wheel2">
               <property name="tireTransform" value="Origin/backLeftWheelJoint"/>
               <property name="torqueScale_motor_brake" value="1, 1"/>
           </property>

<property class="wheel3">
               <property name="tireTransform" value="Origin/backRightWheelJoint"/>
               <property name="torqueScale_motor_brake" value="1, 1"/>
           </property>

<property class="storage">
               <property name="class" value="Storage"/>
               <property name="display_name" value="basket"/>
               <property name="slot_type" value="basket"/>
               <property name="mesh" value="basket"/>
               <property name="transform" value="basket"/>
           </property>

</vehicle>

Edited by TopAce6
added in more info. (see edit history)

Now I just need to get the Dixie aka Dukes of hazard horn from the "get horny" mod working on ALL vehicles. But that one is eluding me.

That would be cool :) I havent learned how to use unity engine yet so cant help with that unfortunately. I just use the Get Horny horns on Manux's vehicles. The truckhorn on the 4x4 and motorcycle horn on the two motorcycles and the quad. Added them via the Get Horny vehicles.xml and made it so the custom vehicle modlet loads first, so Get horny have something to apply the changes too. (Don't ask why I didnt just edit the vehicles.xml in custom vehicles xml directly.... :p )