A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

manux

noticed one issue to the mod and it might be from my side but the images of the mod wont show up when i search for them in the game, i remember having to take out the localization.txt out and copy and paste it into the games .txt file before, however when i downloaded the file it wasnt there, any ideas on what i can do to fix that please?

EDIT: i notcied this txt in the console...

Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'manux_MonsterBeetle.unity3d'.

2019-01-19T23:39:19 91.935 ERR Loading AssetBundle "E:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Mods\manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet/Resources/manux_MonsterBeetle.unity3d" failed!

2019-01-19T23:39:19 91.935 ERR Could not load file '#@modfolder(manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet):Resources/manux_MonsterBeetle.unity3d?MonsterBeetle_A17.prefab' for entity_class 'manux_vehicleMonsterBeetle'

What does this mean please?

Edited by Hixxydubz (see edit history)

Is that space in the last prefab really there? If so, that's the issue.

It's not in the original XML files, so this is most likely it @Hixxydubz.

- - - Updated - - -

noticed one issue to the mod and it might be from my side but the images of the mod wont show up when i search for them in the game...

If you use a server, you need the modlet both on the server and on the clients.

First time I hear about missing icons. Give us more details about your context, I currently have no idea what it could be apart from my above sentence or some typos when modifying the modlet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Manux, excellent modlet you've made. The physics and the whole thing feels like it's apart of the vanilla game. In other words, it's very impressive. I have one question however, are there any plans to make a boat or use the Raft model that's currently in game? Thanks again!

I couldn't find a way to make boats with just XML. So in order to bring back my A16 boat, I will need to port the C# code. Not sure when I will have time to do it, it's a lot of work, and I'm still waiting for TFP to finalize the vehicles code, because it still seems very unfinished, many features are missing.

A funny Japanese vid done by iihito jyanai, featuring this modlet's vehicles.

Can't understand a word, but still pretty funny to watch.

Now I know I need to fix the vanilla bicycle's second seat placement. :smile-new:

[video=youtube_share;vcrk6XruwoI]

welp this page has some issues, cant post with a quote for some reason, keeps telling me i need to reload the window, sigh, anyways to reply to you manu regarding servers i run a private server for my viewers on twitch and some close friends, i have the mods on there but no one has ever needed to download the mods for them to work so its not entirely true to say they are needed for the clients, but even so, even if that were true, the issue happens to me when i have the mods on my client and server, so its irrespective of the fact that you need them on the client as i have them on my client and server, the images dont appear when i copy the localization.txt to the correct location, so im stumped on what else to do to fix the issue, unless it is in the mod itself, something which guppycur pointed out that there are typos in the code?

I just did a quick test in sp, loaded in all vehicles in creative, and all icons were showing as they should. Havent updated localization yet. In the process of updating my dedi from 17.0, so not had a chance to check it running there yet. Trying to preserve current save with updated HDHQ and all other mods. With 95 modlets and half of them customized, it takes some time lol

Edited by Quasimiyao
all the typos (see edit history)

welp this page has some issues, cant post with a quote for some reason, keeps telling me i need to reload the window, sigh, anyways to reply to you manu regarding servers i run a private server for my viewers on twitch and some close friends, i have the mods on there but no one has ever needed to download the mods for them to work so its not entirely true to say they are needed for the clients, but even so, even if that were true, the issue happens to me when i have the mods on my client and server, so its irrespective of the fact that you need them on the client as i have them on my client and server, the images dont appear when i copy the localization.txt to the correct location, so im stumped on what else to do to fix the issue, unless it is in the mod itself, something which guppycur pointed out that there are typos in the code?

I can't test a server myself, but many seem to be using the modlet without issues (apart from some TFP bugs obviously).

There's no custom C# code in this modlet, just XMLs, unity resource files, and Icons, so it should work like vanilla.

From what everybody has been saying (unless it changed in a recent update), you do need the modlet on the server and the clients. Only XMLs get pushed to clients by the server, resource files and icons don't.

About typos, the original modlet does not have any typos, but what you pasted in the previous post does have some typos, which is why we were telling you about that.

@Hixxydubz I would try redownloading the mod. Could have been a weird corruption.

The space is probably not the issue. I tried copying and pasting the code from the xml and it threw the space in there for no good reason. Forgot the command for posting code. But you could check the entityclasses.xml in the mod anyways. Just search for beetle and look at the line for the prefab to make sure there isn't an extra space at the end

Edited by scwanobi (see edit history)

I can't test a server myself, but many seem to be using the modlet without issues (apart from some TFP bugs obviously).

There's no custom C# code in this modlet, just XMLs, unity resource files, and Icons, so it should work like vanilla.

From what everybody has been saying (unless it changed in a recent update), you do need the modlet on the server and the clients. Only XMLs get pushed to clients by the server, resource files and icons don't.

About typos, the original modlet does not have any typos, but what you pasted in the previous post does have some typos, which is why we were telling you about that.

then explain how your mod works with others on my dedicated server without anyone else having it in their folder? so really thats not the issue here, i will redownload the mod and try it again and get back to you.

then explain how your mod works with others on my dedicated server without anyone else having it in their folder? so really thats not the issue here, i will redownload the mod and try it again and get back to you.

Like I said, I'm not setup to test with a server currently. The mod may partially work without having it on all clients, but again, to my knowledge, you need it on clients to fully work. And this is theorically true for all modlets that include icons and/or unity resources.

Like I said, I'm not setup to test with a server currently. The mod may partially work without having it on all clients, but again, to my knowledge, you need it on clients to fully work. And this is theorically true for all modlets that include icons and/or unity resources.

ok something to remember when i tested this mod, i HAVE it on my client, i also HAVE it on the server, so really this is not the issue, now lets move past this because i have already explained this before, i am trying to figure out exactly what is wrong and you dont seem to want to help, im willing to provide anything you need in order to resolve this issue, i have followed the steps, as i have done with other mods and i have even double and triple checked that i did everything correctly, i dont know what else i can do and since i am not skilled in this particular section i can only come to you with what i have experienced.

If you can suggest something or give me an idea on what i can do to help this i would be very grateful, as i said i followed the steps carefully, i do not believe i have made a mistake, i can always check a fourth time, i also do not have any other vehicle mod that would have conflicted with yours, i actually do not think there is any other vehicle mod out there, not one i have seen anyways, but i digress, some icons pop up, ones from the old version, but the newer vehicles icons dso not come up in the crafting grid.

ok something to remember when i tested this mod, i HAVE it on my client, i also HAVE it on the server, so really this is not the issue, now lets move past this because i have already explained this before, i am trying to figure out exactly what is wrong and you dont seem to want to help, im willing to provide anything you need in order to resolve this issue, i have followed the steps, as i have done with other mods and i have even double and triple checked that i did everything correctly, i dont know what else i can do and since i am not skilled in this particular section i can only come to you with what i have experienced.

If you can suggest something or give me an idea on what i can do to help this i would be very grateful, as i said i followed the steps carefully, i do not believe i have made a mistake, i can always check a fourth time, i also do not have any other vehicle mod that would have conflicted with yours, i actually do not think there is any other vehicle mod out there, not one i have seen anyways, but i digress, some icons pop up, ones from the old version, but the newer vehicles icons dso not come up in the crafting grid.

I am willing to help Hixxydubz, but instead of repeating that having it on clients is not the problem, you should test it properly with it on all clients, and also provide more information about your problem. It's the first time you mention that you also have it on one of the clients, and it's also the first time that you say that some icons work. I can't guess your context without the appropriate info.

Many are using this modlet with a server without issues, as TopAce6 confirmed in the post above. And he also confirmed that all clients need the mod. I'm not making this up, it was like this in A16, and apparently the same in A17.

Is this the first time you setup a 7d2d server with modlets in it?

Have you tested the modlet in single player without a server? If so, does it fully work?

You should definitely make sure that works before doing server tests.

- Make sure you are using the modlet version, and not the SDX version of the modlet.

- Make sure you delete the modlet before updating it.

- Give us the exact path where you put the modlet.

- What version of the game are you running, and is everybody running the same version?

- What OS are you using for the server?

- Is the server on the same machine as one of the clients?

- Are you getting any errors or exceptions in the console, the log file? Can you send your log file?

Think like a tester. Go by elimination.

There's other people more experienced with servers that might be able to help you with this. My modlet has nothing special. You would in theory get the same problems with any other modlet that contains icons and resources.

If you see some icons from the previous version of the modlet, could it simply be that you updated the server to the latest version, but not the clients?

Compare the original modlet folder's content with the one on the server and the one on the clients. They need to be the same. Same XMLs, icons, .unity3d resource files...

When things haft-work, it's ususally because some pieces are missing somewhere.

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.d46c218970202716ffe57a96162b05cf.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.f995094c58b1579f891e01b3c71926de.jpg

Entityclasses.xml should look like that, NO SPACE on the highlighted line.

Localisation.txt should look like what you see in my Pic as well.

a space, or typo will break things.

you really must use some sort of xml editor like VSC or notepad++ with the right plugins to PROPERLY edit/install mods.

another things that's really important, is properly removing older versions of mods, Manux for example has an updated version of the "Localisation.txt", and if oyu dont properly remove the old lines that were added to the "Localisation.txt" found in the DATA (not mods) folder, you're going to run into issues.

another thing that might be causing some headache for players right now is the switch from A17B9 going from EXP to stable, everyone should be opted out of the EXP branch and back to stable inside the games properties found in the steam library. it woudl be very easy to overlook as both versions will show as Alpha 17.1(b9) in game.

and another SUPER Mandatory thing is that when you uninstall the game (or almost any game), you need to get rid of left over files. Files that were modded/added in will not be removed by a games UNInstaller, as it doesn't know to look for them since they aren't part of the default game.

some extra MAYBE pertinent info for some people

I've found many Leftover Keys in the registry 7DTD key for example.

EDIT: this is a cleaned version, only keys from Alpha 17 are shown here (or should be clean)

Untitled3.thumb.jpg.ea6ca2aa5df4380e3f33bf0d795315a9.jpg

that's some of the keys found in the registry for 7 days to die, Many leftover keys can be found in the registry (for everything not just 7DTD) if not properly cleaned (DON'T MESS WITH THE REGISTRY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING).

sometimes keys can conflict/contradict with each-other. "Permissions" issues and errors/mistakes can cause all sorts of "Problems" with your OS/Registry. some problems might not be noticeable, others more so, but you usually wont know what is causing the problem, just that you have a problem. Computers are still really complex, despite most people these days thinking its all plug and play and everything will just work perfectly A OK. It should..., but it doesn't unfortunately... usually due to small user (PEBKAC) mistakes over time.

Edited by TopAce6 (see edit history)

Dude the helicoptor is AMAZING. I have to be honest I thought it would be lazy and just be a remodeled gyrocoptor but I was pleasantly surprised. THANK you for VTOL capatibilities (VTOL = vertical take off and landing for those not in the aerospace industry) and sooo much better handling than the gyrocoptor. The other vehicles are fun too but this one is by far the gem of this collection. Looking forward to the boat because that's a core capability not in vanilla.

apologies to Manu and anyone else, i got the issue resolved, was exactly what Ace said, removing old versions and left over files, appreciate the help all, again amazing mod Manu really love it.

no worries, glad it works now, have fun!

Dude the helicoptor is AMAZING. I have to be honest I thought it would be lazy and just be a remodeled gyrocoptor but I was pleasantly surprised. THANK you for VTOL capatibilities (VTOL = vertical take off and landing for those not in the aerospace industry) and sooo much better handling than the gyrocoptor. The other vehicles are fun too but this one is by far the gem of this collection. Looking forward to the boat because that's a core capability not in vanilla.

Glad you like it!

If you haven't played the A16 version of the mod, the Helicopter flying was way better there. Was all done with custom C# code. And it had weapons too.

I will eventually bring back those features to A17, when the build is more stable. The vehicle code still seems unfinished in A17, so I don't want to lose time on stuff that will change.

- - - Updated - - -

manux Can you add a helicopter dropping bombs on zombies?

Hi TARCH26, see the answer in the above post about weapons. Basically, not before A17 is more finalized.

The helicopter has no propeller sound at the moment. Can the propeller sound be added?

Hi soldier626, the rotor sound I had in A16 was also controlled by custom code in order to change the pitch dynamically based on it's current speed. Without custom code I could only add a simple rotor sound that doesn't change pitch with speed. I may look into it at one point.

Also be aware that most flying vehicles don't need gas to fly right now (TFP bug), and when you don't put gas in it, not sound comes from the engine.

Thanks guys, and thanks to TFP for adding all the new features, especially the new Vehicles Physics, it makes such a big difference!

I’m new to this mod but it looks really great. My (stupid) question is do you have to build each vehicle with parts? What are the requirements?