A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

manux

build them with parts just like you would the Vanilla Vehicles, And "grease Monkey" found in the Intelligence tree is the required perk, as it is with Vanilla Vehicles. Type in "Manux" in the crafting Window and you will see the required ingredients/parts for the vehicles.

Update: New Mono-Hog prototype

A monocycle/monowheel type vehicle I quickly prototyped using the RoadHog(motorcycle) model as a base.

It's still experimental, but works enough to add it to the modlet.

Also, the second vanilla bicycle seat should now have a better placement

[video=youtube_share;jue0A-AcKRA]

build them with parts just like you would the Vanilla Vehicles, And "grease Monkey" found in the Intelligence tree is the required perk, as it is with Vanilla Vehicles. Type in "Manux" in the crafting Window and you will see the required ingredients/parts for the vehicles.

Thank you!

These are just AMAZING additions! I particularly like jetpack, human powered gyro, and experimental uniwheel. Is that in downloads now?

Yes all vehicles are on github. Every time I add a post with a blue "Update" title, it means github has been updated.

nupackicon.jpg.9a10ef90db70e356174649f9a0a015da.jpg

Not sure if this will work here, but I redid the jetpack icon based from a cap of your youtube demo of it.

This should be a png, but I don't know if the forum will retain the image properly.

Edit: Nah, looks like it converts it to a jpg for display. LMK on discord if you want it. (I sent you a pm)

Edited by Gareee (see edit history)

I didn't play much of A17 and I do not spend much time on things like recipes and progression, so if you have any suggestions on how to make things better for the game experience with this modlet's vehicles, let me know...

Or you can also simply modify the modlet's XMLs to your liking.

The biggest balance issue right now is probably steel in recipes... you can only find it or buy it at the trader until crafting it unlocks at level 100. (Personally I think steel should unlock about level 50 or so.)

This means earlier game intended vehicles like the pedal powered gyro wouldn't be available until after the gas powered version, devaluing its unlocking in progression.

I would think the quad would unlock after the minibike but before the motorcycles, the new motorcycles and uni wheel version would unlock after or at the same time as the regular motorcycle, and the car would unlock before the 4x4.

If you would rather work on adding more vehicles, I can edit xml and adjust the recipes aligned around the aforementioned progress levels. I can post the changes here, or you could roll them into the release.

(TFP might change progression like steel production as well, which might require further progression rebalancing.)

I think this adjustment in the manux recipes might balance the vehicles better easily.

I tripled the cost from the required steel and changed it to forged iron.. that way its not level locked to level 100, but still requires significant resources.

I did this to the manux bigengine, the manux rotor, and the vanilla gyro chassis. (The vanilla gyro would still be level locked requiring its accessories to build. Only it's chassis would be craftable earlier so the pedal gyro could be constructed earlier in game.)

I'm not 100% sure if this is how you unlock a recipe.. I just removed the learnable tag from the vanilla gyro chassis and appended it to the manux recipe additions.

If this is NOT how you remove the learning requirement, that will have to be corrected to make the vanilla gyro chassis craftable earlier than it's vanilla unlock requirements.

(If thats wrong, can someone either correct it or lmk how I should have done it?)

<configs>
<append xpath="/recipes">

<recipe name="manux_bigEngine" count="1" craft_area="workbench" craft_time="1200">
<!--		<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="40"/> -->
		<ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="120"/> <!-- Gareee Adjustment to 3x iron-->
		<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="30"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceSpring" count="20"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceMetalPipe" count="15"/>
		<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="3"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleCarChassis" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="150"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="25"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="18"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="25"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="10"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleCarAccessories" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="10"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="15"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceHeadlight" count="4"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="15"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="20"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleHP4x4TruckPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="4"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicle4x4TruckChassis" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicle4x4TruckAccessories" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="manux_bigEngine" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="carBattery" count="1"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleQuadPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="vehicleMotorcycleChassis" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicleMotorcycleHandlebars" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="2"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleHellGoatBikePlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="2"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleRoadHogPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="2"/>
		<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="2"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleCicadaCarPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleCarChassis" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleCarAccessories" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="1"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleBigWheels" count="1" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="60"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceAcid" count="3"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="6"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceOil" count="6"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceCoal" count="30"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleBigWheels" count="1" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="3"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceGlue" count="6"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleMonsterBeetlePlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleBigWheels" count="4"/>
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleCarChassis" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicle4x4TruckAccessories" count="1"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleHelicopterChassis" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="250"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="40"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="30"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="35"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="20"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleHelicopterRotor" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
<!--		<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="100"/> -->
		<ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="300"/> <!-- Gareee Adjustment to 3x iron-->
		<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="20"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="10"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceGlue" count="20"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="20"/>	
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleHelicopterOH58Placeable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleHelicopterChassis" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleHelicopterRotor" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicleGyroCopterAccessories" count="1"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleJetPackPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="100"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicleGyroCopterAccessories" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="20"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="20"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehiclePedalGyroPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="3"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicleGyroCopterChassis" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleHelicopterRotor" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceHeadlight" count="1"/>
	</recipe>

<recipe name="manux_vehicleMonoHogPlaceable" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
		<ingredient name="manux_vehicleBigWheels" count="1"/>
	</recipe>

<!-- Gareee Gyro body unlock adjustment -->		
<recipe name="vehicleGyroCopterChassis" count="1" craft_area="workbench">
<!-- Was originally  <recipe name="vehicleGyroCopterChassis" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable"> Now the chassis is unlocked, but the accessories for the vanilla version are still gated. Gareee Adjustment -->
<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="150"/>
<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="50"/>
<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="25"/>
<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="50"/>
</recipe>

</append>
</configs>

That's awesome Gareee, thanks a lot! Haven't played enough of the game to know how progression really fits a real game.

I'll take a deeper look later when I have more time.

Thanks a lot for the icon! Will talk to you on discord.

Hi Garee, I took a look at your suggestions, and I agree with most of it, but I also think that progression is touchy right now, because as you mentioned many more balancing changes may happen, so I don't necessarily want to spend too much time on it.

The biggest balance issue right now is probably steel in recipes... you can only find it or buy it at the trader until crafting it unlocks at level 100. (Personally I think steel should unlock about level 50 or so.)

This means earlier game intended vehicles like the pedal powered gyro wouldn't be available until after the gas powered version, devaluing its unlocking in progression.

For now, it might be simpler to just keep the original steel recipes but also offer alternate recipes that use forge iron, like the ones you suggest in your second post.

And if I also remove all the vehicles progression gating, they would all be craftable at any time, given that you have the parts for them.

I would think the quad would unlock after the minibike but before the motorcycles, the new motorcycles and uni wheel version would unlock after or at the same time as the regular motorcycle, and the car would unlock before the 4x4.

Here's a short reasoning of how I had set progression for custom vehicles so far.

I didn't really want to touch the vanilla vehicles progression and also didn't want to add new levels for grease monkey, so I tried to insert the new vehicles the best I could within the current context.

There is no existing level between the minibike and the motorcycle, that's why the quad is currently at the same level as the motorcycle. And it's actually currently faster and more powerful than the vanilla motorcycle.

The HellGoat Bike and the Mono-Hog, are very powerful and much faster than the regular motorcycle or even the RoadHog (HP motorcycle), which is why I put them so far in progression. But I agree that right now all those cool vehicles are all at the top level of the chain, hard to get.

The cicada car, I put pretty early, because it's not powerful, cannot do much off-road, it's main advantage is carrying capacity, and number of seats.

The vehicles in this modlet don't necessarily fit well with the progression system as it is. Bringing the powerful bikes earlier could be done, but should they also get nurfed? I kind of like them as they are, fast, powerful and agile. :smile-new:

Problem with progression is it's also hard to please everyone. Some people like to play survival and suffer, and some others like the OP stuff. :smile-new:

So I'm not sure what to do with all that...

Like I said, I'm not setup to test with a server currently. The mod may partially work without having it on all clients, but again, to my knowledge, you need it on clients to fully work. And this is theoretically true for all modlets that include icons and/or unity resources.

Just an FYI. It is working for my group pretty flawlessly. We have a dedicated server on Pingperfect and all of our users have it installed locally. We are running Allocs Server Fixes, BC-Commands, some of the S420 Simple UI modlets, and a series of modlets I wrote. All A-OK here.

Could add a separate progression.xml with your vehicles unlocked earlier, and a recipes.xml with forged iron for the lower tier vehicles, as an optional download for those that want that :) Personally I like that the more powerful vehicles are something to work towards tho.

Of course that wont fix all balancing and progression and such, but a quick temp fix for those that want it all :)

Just an FYI. It is working for my group pretty flawlessly. We have a dedicated server on Pingperfect and all of our users have it installed locally. We are running Allocs Server Fixes, BC-Commands, some of the S420 Simple UI modlets, and a series of modlets I wrote. All A-OK here.

Glad to hear, thanks for the info!

Could add a separate progression.xml with your vehicles unlocked earlier, and a recipes.xml with forged iron for the lower tier vehicles, as an optional download for those that want that :) Personally I like that the more powerful vehicles are something to work towards tho.

Of course that wont fix all balancing and progression and such, but a quick temp fix for those that want it all :)

That would work, could even have multiple alternate files to cover all cases. Just forge iron alternate recipes in one for example, and then another one for earlier access to vehicles.,,

Does anyone know if 7dtd has a Max polycount and if so what it is? I'm trying to make a mod for my winter survival server and basically change the vehicles to snow vehicles like skiis sled and snowmobile and a tracked "4x4" cuz in this server (it's kind of an 24/7 event server cuz we have 2 servers one is regular 7dtd pve and then the winter survival is like nuclear winter)

Does anyone know if 7dtd has a Max polycount and if so what it is? I'm trying to make a mod for my winter survival server and basically change the vehicles to snow vehicles like skiis sled and snowmobile and a tracked "4x4" cuz in this server (it's kind of an 24/7 event server cuz we have 2 servers one is regular 7dtd pve and then the winter survival is like nuclear winter)

Not sure what's the game max, but if you want to add vehicles try to keep their polygon/triangle count as low as possible. Around 15-20k triangles per vehicle, or less if you can.

Turns out whoever thought steel was gated behind level 100 was incorrect. I unlocked it about level 40, so the recipes should be fine, with the exception of the required vanilla gyro body.. that unlocks at level 100, and players will need for your pedal version, which should be unlocked earlier in the game progress. I'm thinking it should be unlocked maybe between the motorcycle and the 4x4.

I unlocked the motorcycle in our mp, and wanted to use the mono hog instead of the vanilla motorcycle.... I need to see when thats unlocked. It would be nice to have one of your new options instead of the vanilla.

Turns out whoever thought steel was gated behind level 100 was incorrect. I unlocked it about level 40, so the recipes should be fine, with the exception of the required vanilla gyro body.. that unlocks at level 100, and players will need for your pedal version, which should be unlocked earlier in the game progress. I'm thinking it should be unlocked maybe between the motorcycle and the 4x4.

I unlocked the motorcycle in our mp, and wanted to use the mono hog instead of the vanilla motorcycle.... I need to see when thats unlocked. It would be nice to have one of your new options instead of the vanilla.

Good to know, thanks Gareee.

When you say you'd like an alternate bike at the same level as the vanilla motorcycle, is it mainly to have another bike that has another look. So, for looks variation basically?

I won't have much time to work on the mod in the coming weeks. But now that Guppy and Dust2Death are also making vehicles, you guys have more choice. :smile-new:

Yeh, you've added some great variation, but having them gated to so end game means they won't be accessed through natural progression near as much. we only unlocked the gyro once in a17, and had a wipe with an update 2 days later.

I spawned in the monowheel, and it would make a nice alternative to the motorcycle, but it obviously has a huge speed improvement over the vanilla motorcycle.

Your mod is so complete right now though yu can kick back and just take a few weeks to enjoy it.

Great Mod and awesome work.

But i noticed it isnt in the Mod Launcher yet?

Im using the 7D2D Mod Launcher, where you can easily enable / disable or update Mods / Modlets. (using Gihub Database i guess)

It would be really nice if this mod is in there.

Great Mod and awesome work.

But i noticed it isnt in the Mod Launcher yet?

Im using the 7D2D Mod Launcher, where you can easily enable / disable or update Mods / Modlets. (using Gihub Database i guess)

It would be really nice if this mod is in there.

I've never actually tried to do that and don't really know how to do it. I'll ask around to get the info in order to do it...

Thanks for the suggestion.