Stallionsden Mods & Modlets

stallionsden

I think i just found a way to better simulate full/empty loot for all of these things you are adding loot containers for. It could even be extended to other mods that wanted to change the look or feel of POIs without specifically editing their contents.

I found that you can treat any block as a placeholder by defining it in the blockplaceholders.xml file. this allows to replace all of a given block with one (or more) existing or newly defined block. The key here is that we can define specific non weighted probabilities to each as long as the total prob equals 1.

Here is an example i did with your shelving mod to make only 1 in 3 shelves have lootable and the rest are not clickable (the non clickable is the key here to make them more like the open/closed loot containers they are working on...in the future, you could even swap out textures on the lootable ones to make them look full given a proper asset).

blockplaceholders.xml - Here we define replacements for each of the 4 shelves...an Empty one with .66 prob and a Full one with .33 prob.

<configs>

<append xpath="/blockplaceholders">
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01">
		<block name="storeShelving01Empty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01Full" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01Double">
		<block name="storeShelving01DoubleEmpty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01DoubleFull" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01Top">
		<block name="storeShelving01TopEmpty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01TopFull" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01TopDouble">
		<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleEmpty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleFull" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>

</configs>

blocks.xml - Here we define those empty/full blocks we used above. I used extends to inherit the attributes of the block we are replacing and added the loot variables to just the Full ones.

<stallionsden>

<append xpath="/blocks">
	<block name="storeShelving01Full">
		<property name="Extends" value="storeShelving01"/>
		<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>
		<property name="LootList" value="212"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01Empty">
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01DoubleFull">
		<property name="Extends" value="storeShelving01Double"/>
		<property name="LootList" value="213"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01DoubleEmpty">
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopFull">
		<property name="Extends" value="storeShelving01Top"/>
		<property name="LootList" value="214"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopEmpty">
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleFull">
		<property name="Extends" value="storeShelving01TopDouble"/>
		<property name="LootList" value="215"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleEmpty">
	</block>
</append>

</stallionsden>

loot.xml - Last, i modified your loot list to change the count on the container from 0,2 to 1,2 to make sure that each Full shelf had something

<stallionsden>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers">
<!-- storeShelving01 -->
<lootcontainer id="212" count="1,2" size="5,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="2" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="0,2" prob="0.15"/>
<item group="junk"/>
<item group="automotive+tools+junk"/>
<item name="resourcePaint" count="50,150" prob="0.01"/>
<item group="garbage"/>
<item group="dyes" prob="0.08"/>
<item group="backpacks"/>
<item group="electricalDevices" prob="0.01"/>
<item group="ammo"/>
<item name="resourceGlue" />
<item name="resourceCloth" count="1,3"/>
<item name="resourceGlue"/>
<item name="resourceBulletCasing"/>
<item group="workingStiffs"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- storeShelving01Double -->
<lootcontainer id="213" count="1,2" size="5,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="3.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item name="foodShamSandwich" count="1,3"/>
<item name="foodCanHam" count="1,2"/>
<item group="coldfood"/>
<item group="beverages" count="1,2"/>
<item name="foodHoney" count="1" prob="0.1"/>
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item name="toolCookingPot" count="1"/>
<item name="drinkJarEmpty" count="1,2"/>
<item name="drinkCanEmpty" count="1,2"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- storeShelving01Top -->
<lootcontainer id="214" count="1,2" size="8,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_fridge" sound_close="UseActions/close_fridge" open_time="2" loot_quality_template="treasureTemplate">
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item group="beverages"/>
<item group="cannedfood"/>
<item group="brewerySafe"/>
<item name="drinkJarBoiledWater" count="1,2" prob="0.15"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- storeShelving01TopDouble -->
<lootcontainer id="215" count="1,2" size="8,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" open_time="2.5" loot_quality_template="treasureTemplate">
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item group="books"/>
<item name="resourcePaper" count="1,3" prob="0.031"/>
<item group="trophyGroup"/>	
</lootcontainer>
</append>
</stallionsden>

This could easily be extended to your other container mods with an easy way to balance how many are lootable or could even have more than a full or empty to fine tune types.

I could also see the blockplaceholders.xml being used to swap out existing blocks for a different look/feel/material or swapping existing assets for something custom in existing POIs in the game without having to edit all the POIs and distribute them.

I think i just found a way to better simulate full/empty loot for all of these things you are adding loot containers for. It could even be extended to other mods that wanted to change the look or feel of POIs without specifically editing their contents.

I found that you can treat any block as a placeholder by defining it in the blockplaceholders.xml file. this allows to replace all of a given block with one (or more) existing or newly defined block. The key here is that we can define specific non weighted probabilities to each as long as the total prob equals 1.

Here is an example i did with your shelving mod to make only 1 in 3 shelves have lootable and the rest are not clickable (the non clickable is the key here to make them more like the open/closed loot containers they are working on...in the future, you could even swap out textures on the lootable ones to make them look full given a proper asset).

blockplaceholders.xml - Here we define replacements for each of the 4 shelves...an Empty one with .66 prob and a Full one with .33 prob.

<configs>

<placeholder name="storeShelving01">
		<block name="storeShelving01Empty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01Full" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01Double">
		<block name="storeShelving01DoubleEmpty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01DoubleFull" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01Top">
		<block name="storeShelving01TopEmpty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01TopFull" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>
	<placeholder name="storeShelving01TopDouble">
		<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleEmpty" prob=".66"/>
		<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleFull" prob=".33"/>
	</placeholder>
</append>

</configs>

blocks.xml - Here we define those empty/full blocks we used above. I used extends to inherit the attributes of the block we are replacing and added the loot variables to just the Full ones.

<stallionsden>

<append xpath="/blocks">
	<block name="storeShelving01Full">
		<property name="LootList" value="212"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01Empty">
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01DoubleFull">
		<property name="LootList" value="213"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01DoubleEmpty">
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopFull">
		<property name="LootList" value="214"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopEmpty">
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleFull">
		<property name="LootList" value="215"/>
	</block>
	<block name="storeShelving01TopDoubleEmpty">
	</block>
</append>

</stallionsden>

loot.xml - Last, i modified your loot list to change the count on the container from 0,2 to 1,2 to make sure that each Full shelf had something

<stallionsden>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers">
<!-- storeShelving01 -->
<lootcontainer id="212" count="1,2" size="5,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="2" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="0,2" prob="0.15"/>
<item group="junk"/>
<item group="automotive+tools+junk"/>
<item name="resourcePaint" count="50,150" prob="0.01"/>
<item group="garbage"/>
<item group="dyes" prob="0.08"/>
<item group="backpacks"/>
<item group="electricalDevices" prob="0.01"/>
<item group="ammo"/>
<item name="resourceGlue" />
<item name="resourceCloth" count="1,3"/>
<item name="resourceGlue"/>
<item name="resourceBulletCasing"/>
<item group="workingStiffs"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- storeShelving01Double -->
<lootcontainer id="213" count="1,2" size="5,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="3.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item name="foodShamSandwich" count="1,3"/>
<item name="foodCanHam" count="1,2"/>
<item group="coldfood"/>
<item group="beverages" count="1,2"/>
<item name="foodHoney" count="1" prob="0.1"/>
<item group="cupboard"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- storeShelving01Top -->
<lootcontainer id="214" count="1,2" size="8,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_fridge" sound_close="UseActions/close_fridge" open_time="2" loot_quality_template="treasureTemplate">
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item group="beverages"/>
<item group="cannedfood"/>
<item group="brewerySafe"/>
<item name="drinkJarBoiledWater" count="1,2" prob="0.15"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- storeShelving01TopDouble -->
<lootcontainer id="215" count="1,2" size="8,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" open_time="2.5" loot_quality_template="treasureTemplate">
<item group="cupboard"/>
<item group="books"/>
<item name="resourcePaper" count="1,3" prob="0.031"/>
<item group="trophyGroup"/>	
</lootcontainer>
</append>
</stallionsden>

This could easily be extended to your other container mods with an easy way to balance how many are lootable or could even have more than a full or empty to fine tune types.

I could also see the blockplaceholders.xml being used to swap out existing blocks for a different look/feel/material or swapping existing assets for something custom in existing POIs in the game without having to edit all the POIs and distribute them.

holy moly batman lol that is very interesting. does it work like you loot some and not others

i never looked on blockplaceholders lol i will def keen on this.

Ok tried this out it dont work I believe due to the prefabs using the shelves block adding the shelves full and empty works but the prefab has to utilise those blocks not the default vanilla shelves.

holy moly batman lol that is very interesting. does it work like you loot some and not others

i never looked on blockplaceholders lol i will def keen on this.

Ok tried this out it dont work I believe due to the prefabs using the shelves block adding the shelves full and empty works but the prefab has to utilise those blocks not the default vanilla shelves.

i am not sure what is going wrong with your test...

They will show up as normal shelves in the prefab editor, but if you click the playtest button, it will generate a world/building and you will see that they swap automatically. I also tried it by loading up a new Nav game with just this change and went into one of the working stiff tools and there were some shelves that were lootable and some that were not.

Here are the files exactly as i used them for the test:[ATTACH]26371[/ATTACH]

Stallionsdensstoreshelves_Changed.zip

i am not sure what is going wrong with your test...

They will show up as normal shelves in the prefab editor, but if you click the playtest button, it will generate a world/building and you will see that they swap automatically. I also tried it by loading up a new Nav game with just this change and went into one of the working stiff tools and there were some shelves that were lootable and some that were not.

Here are the files exactly as i used them for the test:[ATTACH]26371[/ATTACH]

Oh maybe I was unlucky and had a whole store unlootable lol I checked every shelf new game everything lol will try with yours

SUPPLY CRATE DROP

When the zombie apocalypse started most feared them and tried to kill them. The army was overrun and most of society had been bit or died and turned.

The few remaining some were on the zombies side and wanted to help them, so they dropped supply crates with items to help the zs defend themselves. These people became known as the P.A.K.Z (People Against Killing Zombies)

However they being stupid didnt realise these zombies were as brain dead as they were and wandered past them as if they didnt exist. Thats where you get to benefit from the P.A.K.Z stupidity as littered across the world these supply crates remain untouched for you to collect.

ADDS

* lootable supply crates to the world.

**Original Creator I am unaware of, this was made by someone else (whom I can not remember nor find the thread on. I have redone it from the code I have but full credit goes to the original modder. If you know who did please let me know. **

SUPPLY CRATE DROP

When the zombie apocalypse started most feared them and tried to kill them. The army was overrun and most of society had been bit or died and turned.

The few remaining some were on the zombies side and wanted to help them, so they dropped supply crates with items to help the zs defend themselves. These people became known as the P.A.K.Z (People Against Killing Zombies)

However they being stupid didnt realise these zombies were as brain dead as they were and wandered past them as if they didnt exist. Thats where you get to benefit from the P.A.K.Z stupidity as littered across the world these supply crates remain untouched for you to collect.

ADDS

* lootable supply crates to the world.

**Original Creator I am unaware of, this was made by someone else (whom I can not remember nor find the thread on. I have redone it from the code I have but full credit goes to the original modder. If you know who did please let me know. **

Nice, man! You are killing it. Great mods!

So I'm sure I will sound like a noob when I ask this, but its the one question that's been nagging at my mind. How do modlets work with MP? I'm sure its been answered a dozen times over, and I could probably find the answer with some searching, but I'm in the process of getting ready for another 10 hour work shift and don't have the time to invest in researching it on my own so I figured I'd ask the question.

PS, I've ran modded servers for past versions, so I'm not ignorant to modding, just not sure how they work with A17 and MP.

Assuming you know how tio unstall in SP, since you ask about MP specifically?

Install on server the same way you install in SP. If the modlet only have .xml files, they do not need to be installed on clients as the server pushes the xml's to the clients. If there's any other files in the modlet, like itemicons, unity3d files or any othet fiie thats not xml, both client and server need them installed. If there's a localization file included, you'll have to copy the content from that into both the servers localizaion file and the clients ones (located in data/config). Hope that covers what you wanted to know :) If not just ask again :)

ps: there's no such thing as a noobish question imho :)

What about just hosting a world? Same thing applies I'm assuming? The localization and icon files would need to exist on client side as well? If that's the case then nothings really changed except how they're installed if I'm correct.

And yes, I've got 56 separate modlets installed for SP and they all run nicely together.

And before you call me a mod addict, that's nothing compared to how many mods I run on other games.

What about just hosting a world? Same thing applies I'm assuming? The localization and icon files would need to exist on client side as well? If that's the case then nothings really changed except how they're installed if I'm correct.

And yes, I've got 56 separate modlets installed for SP and they all run nicely together.

And before you call me a mod addict, that's nothing compared to how many mods I run on other games.

Lol is there ever enough modlets lol.

As what quasimiyao stated it be the same as quasimiyao described.

this is rare

I have "installed" the SURVIVORS mod:

in single player they attack the zombies but they do not move.

on the server, they move perfectly but do not attack anyone.

Is there any way to attack the zombie server? And if they stay still I do not care.

No survivors do not move around due to tfp removing necessary animations that they used prior to a17 when they updated ai. So they are just deco blocks really with guns lol. I don't understand why they be moving on the server tho

I tried pallet and barrel mod with Compo and got lots of errors about blocks.xml. Any way of getting to work with CP34?

Only had you modlets installed and went away after removing them, but just remembered installed Epic Cities with CP34, could that be it?

I tried pallet and barrel mod with Compo and got lots of errors about blocks.xml. Any way of getting to work with CP34?

Only had you modlets installed and went away after removing them, but just remembered installed Epic Cities with CP34, could that be it?

Will take a look and see. Idk epic cities but doubt rwg and prefab will affect the pallets. Could you upload output.log at all please

it was the pallet mod lol My apologies. Forgot to add the xpath to it lol when i was writing it up haha. Again sorry and should be fixed now.

Archived