Loot from zombies - example (Alpha 17 b197)

mr.devolver

Guest Nyteshade12134

Yeah, 1 drop out of how many? I saw a video on YouTube where XbCrafted spawned in 75 zombies and got 1 backpack when he killed them. WTF?!? If you cant get loot from the zombies, and theres like 9 guarding a POI, whats a new level 1 character supposed to do? A little more balance would be nice. not EVERY poi has to be a dungeon filled with zombies.

Yeah, 1 drop out of how many? I saw a video on YouTube where XbCrafted spawned in 75 zombies and got 1 backpack when he killed them. WTF?!? If you cant get loot from the zombies, and theres like 9 guarding a POI, whats a new level 1 character supposed to do? A little more balance would be nice. not EVERY poi has to be a dungeon filled with zombies.

Take on the small abandoned houses, garages and small businesses, bars etc they are pretty easy. I killed a wandering horde of 20 and got 2 or 3 packs one time.

Guest Nyteshade12134

Thank you for the advice Madmole. I know how to play this game. I survived in A16, but A17 is brutal. Opened a POI on day 1 and had a feral putrid girl (with others) inside. Isnt that a bit much for day 1 ? Gradual progression of the zombie spawns would be better. I play solo. 7 zombies in a POI on day 1 is not enjoyable. I'd like to survive a night, let alone to the bloodmoon, and that's on the EASIEST settings.

Thank you for the advice Madmole. I know how to play this game. I survived in A16, but A17 is brutal. Opened a POI on day 1 and had a feral putrid girl (with others) inside. Isnt that a bit much for day 1 ? Gradual progression of the zombie spawns would be better. I play solo. 7 zombies in a POI on day 1 is not enjoyable. I'd like to survive a night, let alone to the bloodmoon, and that's on the EASIEST settings.

Hmmm, something's wrong here, my test game on Scavenger, which I did play for a while, did not see Ferals for a good long time. You either got horribly unlucky in picking a POI that HAD to have a feral or something bugged out.

No way I'd expect to see a Feral on Scavenger on Day 1.

Hmmm, something's wrong here, my test game on Scavenger, which I did play for a while, did not see Ferals for a good long time. You either got horribly unlucky in picking a POI that HAD to have a feral or something bugged out.

It would be nice if there was some sort of way to tell which houses were death traps, other than experience. I went into a house I thought looked cool that I wanted to use as a starter base and found 2 regular ferals, 2 irradiated ferals and a feral cop in the attic. On Day 1 on Nomad.

I also got attacked by a feral nurse on Day 2 on scavenger (I thought I'd try to drop the difficulty to make the game more enjoyable because I apparently need to "git gud") as there are random patches of wasteland in A17 RWG (or possibly building that can spawn in non-wasteland biomes that cause an area of wasteland around them.)

Take on the small abandoned houses, garages and small businesses, bars etc they are pretty easy. I killed a wandering horde of 20 and got 2 or 3 packs one time.

I wouldn't mind seeing it bumped to 5% with slightly less powerful loot available or common (e.g. getting a sniper rifle off a dead cheerleader seems a bit much), but overall the new system doesn't bother me.

I will have to be honest with you all guys, this was a solo play, I did modify loot abundance to like 150% I think? And I play on Scavenger, I wanted the game to go easy on me while I learn new stuff and this was the result. It's all new for all of us, and I have mixed feelings, but those are mostly due to the bugs, but the system and how it works, well it takes some time to get used to, but I have to admit, my laziness quickly approved that I don't have to worry about looting all the freaking corpses anymore and when I get some loot bag, its a nice little bag and it feels like opening a Christmas gift. :p

Oh, and madmole, I also killed a wandering horde, quite a lot of zombies, maybe more than I was used to from earlier versions, but I wasn't that lucky, I think I got only one bag from that one horde, but considering I was already encumbered and still didn't find the freaking supplies shipment for the quest, I was actually glad I didn't get more loot from corpses, because I wouldn't know where to store it lol

Good luck everyone finding your lovely loot bags!

A few days before release to streamers Roland said that they have added Radiated z's in some POI's with rarer loot. Therr way to make High level areas with rare loot.

My horde night is pending and i am yet to see a feral anywhere. Surely, when i wandered a bit into wasteland biome a bear spawned at the edge of my vision... Quickly went back.

Still, i haven't had much luck with the loot from zombies, surely had a few bags but nothing revolutionary. For the few that i got in summary i received like 1 hunting rifle (level 1), little bit of ammo and some bandages. Even the plane drop didn't give me good items(apart from the beaker)... But i will manage.

That loot is worth more than what 75 regular zombies dropped before added up :p

I love loot and rewards in games, and I think this change was an awesome idea. Rare good loot is MUCH better than constantly wasting time looting crap

Ok, after playing for 2 hours, I killed 90 zombies and I havent seen a single backpack. I love the idea of the change, but maybe tune the numbers a bit? 1/10 to 1/20 should be the chance for drop, not 1/100

Archived