[A17 Spoilers] Claim Blocks!

KingSlayerGM

Can I get that server name? I want to play in a nice neighborhood also.

Sure, it was Skippy0330's server. With server based commands to protect your base and admins who deal with griefers. Other than that played on private server with friends. Playing with random jerks holds no value to me. Most the decent sized Youtube/Twitch guys run subservers. Another good way to play with people not being complete pieces of crap. If your server admin doesn't deal with griefers you need to find a new server imo. I tend to not like playing with a**holes. ymmv.

Sure, it was Skippy0330's server. With server based commands to protect your base and admins who deal with griefers. Other than that played on private server with friends. Playing with random jerks holds no value to me. Most the decent sized Youtube/Twitch guys run subservers. Another good way to play with people not being complete pieces of crap. If your server admin doesn't deal with griefers you need to find a new server imo. I tend to not like playing with a**holes. ymmv.

Yea... well... the reason they changed this is because they claimed spamming them was a problem. Since you would have never had that problem because you don't play with jerks, I don't understand why you are pro-single land claim block. It doesn't affect you.

I can attest that without multiple lcb, we couldn't run our epic builds community in any passable way.

I did get past the Whitelist limitations by writing my own server-bot with in game password authentication. That keeps hackers and griefers fixed in some remote spot where they'd need excessive effort to destroy bases. But servers like ours are a popular target where the work of several players over several weeks can be destroyed within a few minutes. Lcb are the only real defense here.

And in two a years, with Figuratively thousands of unique players, lcb cancer was never an issue

Make it a choice please.

Yea... well... the reason they changed this is because they claimed spamming them was a problem. Since you would have never had that problem because you don't play with jerks, I don't understand why you are pro-single land claim block. It doesn't affect you.

I'm NOT pro single lcb. Not at all. Please quote me where I said I thought this was a good idea. I simply am against it for the reason I use it, to be able to move things within my base. Please son't assume things, you know what that leads to.....

The reason is because TFP doesn't want PVP'ers, they have said as much during A15. "If you want pvp go play rust, This is a survivial PVE game" and not it's a slow walking sim. How slow can you handle before you explode at TFP for ruining every aspect 1 patch a time dating back to A12 like 3 years ago

The reason is because TFP doesn't want PVP'ers, they have said as much during A15. "If you want pvp go play rust, This is a survivial PVE game" and not it's a slow walking sim. How slow can you handle before you explode at TFP for ruining every aspect 1 patch a time dating back to A12 like 3 years ago

this affects pve just as much

That might be valid if the game were designed for PvP.

It's not.

I think it's still valid. It will quickly point out the flaw in the decision. With that being said, I have to disagree with your comment a bit. If the game was developed with no PVP in mind, there would be no player killing whatsoever and loot boxes would be indestructible. If we take this even further, the game was roughly based on "The Walking Dead". They kill people there regularly and take other people's stuff. just saying....

I'm NOT pro single lcb. Not at all. Please quote me where I said I thought this was a good idea. I simply am against it for the reason I use it, to be able to move things within my base. Please son't assume things, you know what that leads to.....

THIS is the reason you keep disagreeing with us? We never said that LCBs shouldn't allow you to pick up workstations. That is just fine by me. I've been doing that since A16 first dropped. I preferred using wrenches to pick them up in A15, to minimize the items I had to take on looting runs so I could combine items in the workbench on the run. We are simply not happy with the OTHER changes they made to the LCBs. They were never cancer, they were fine the way they were in A15, and they were fine in A16. Nobody wants to take away your ability to pick your workstations back up. I hope that clears this up for you.

I can attest that without multiple lcb, we couldn't run our epic builds community in any passable way.

I did get past the Whitelist limitations by writing my own server-bot with in game password authentication. That keeps hackers and griefers fixed in some remote spot where they'd need excessive effort to destroy bases. But servers like ours are a popular target where the work of several players over several weeks can be destroyed within a few minutes. Lcb are the only real defense here.

And in two a years, with Figuratively thousands of unique players, lcb cancer was never an issue

Make it a choice please.

Exactly it doesnt have to be a must, just something u can choose, by this way some servers can have one system and other another one

THIS is the reason you keep disagreeing with us? We never said that LCBs shouldn't allow you to pick up workstations. That is just fine by me. I've been doing that since A16 first dropped. I preferred using wrenches to pick them up in A15, to minimize the items I had to take on looting runs so I could combine items in the workbench on the run. We are simply not happy with the OTHER changes they made to the LCBs. They were never cancer, they were fine the way they were in A15, and they were fine in A16. Nobody wants to take away your ability to pick your workstations back up. I hope that clears this up for you.

Where did I accuse anyone of trying to take that ability away? Is reading comprehension a problem for you or do you just live to make assmptions? I totally agree they are fine the way they were in A16, never said any different. Please if you are going to quote and respond to me then respond to something I actually said!

Where did I accuse anyone of trying to take that ability away? Is reading comprehension a problem for you or do you just live to make assmptions? I totally agree they are fine the way they were in A16, never said any different. Please if you are going to quote and respond to me then respond to something I actually said!

We're not assuming, we're trying to figure out what the hell you're going on about. If all you care about is picking up workstations, guess what, that hasn't been changed. It seems like YOU are the one with the problem with reading comprehension. Nobody ever said anything about getting rid of the ability to pick up and move workstations. We simply do not like being restricted to one LCB, regardless of everything else. Can you not figure that out from the multitude of previous posts? At this point, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

We're not assuming, we're trying to figure out what the hell you're going on about. If all you care about is picking up workstations, guess what, that hasn't been changed. It seems like YOU are the one with the problem with reading comprehension. Nobody ever said anything about getting rid of the ability to pick up and move workstations. We simply do not like being restricted to one LCB, regardless of everything else. Can you not figure that out from the multitude of previous posts? At this point, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Yes, it HAS been changes, hence why I am against the new single lcb block. As it stands now I can't pickup and move things like solar panels/gennies/traps etc from a lareg style base which I normally like to build.

Once more to be clear, I AM NOT FOR THE SINGLE LCB BLOCK! I USE IT TO PICK UP ITEMS. I WANT IT TO WORK OVER A BASE LARGER THAN WHAT IT CURRENTLY DOES.

The only thing I was "arguing" was how vital the base protect PORTION of the lcb block is in my preferred PvE playstyle. Now does it sink into your head what I was trying to get across? Do you have anymore assumptions and misunderstandings that I need to clear up for you?

Yes, it HAS been changes, hence why I am against the new single lcb block. As it stands now I can't pickup and move things like solar panels/gennies/traps etc from a lareg style base which I normally like to build.

Once more to be clear, I AM NOT FOR THE SINGLE LCB BLOCK! I USE IT TO PICK UP ITEMS. I WANT IT TO WORK OVER A BASE LARGER THAN WHAT IT CURRENTLY DOES.

The only thing I was "arguing" was how vital the base protect PORTION of the lcb block is in my preferred PvE playstyle. Now does it sink into your head what I was trying to get across? Do you have anymore assumptions and misunderstandings that I need to clear up for you?

My apologies, I was under the impression that we could still pick up and move our workstations at the time. Been testing more through actual gameplay than creative, focused more on zombie changes and behavior than other stuff. Yet another bad idea from the devs, what were they thinking. Hadn't progressed enough to even build one due to the wipe required by b199 release. I agree, not being able to move our own workstations at all is absolutely ridiculous. Not sure what the devs are going for with all the changes to LCBs, but I don't like any of them. The LCBs are bugged as well, going inactive, showing their symbol in random places on the compass and map. My LCB has traveled more than I ever could with a vehicle.

I have always hated mining for resources, which means I only mine for necessity, and with that said, I didn't mind mining for the large amounts of iron that it took to make lots of LCBs for making large builds in A16. I really hope they listen to the players and revert these changes.

Making LCBs was easy in the past 3 alpha's ive been in. They could raise the amount it takes to make them quite honestly or require something else in them to make them as well as steel. This change does not but screw over the players that like to build artwork or large bases on PVE and does nothing but screw over PVPers.

This is exactly why.

It goes against the entire concept of a land claim block.

In a PVP setting the claim spam can not possibly be a good thing, which is apparent from some servers increasing the crafting cost to ridiculous levels... which only makes it more devastating if you get killed as a noob and lose the one claim block that you have.

They increased the land claim blocks to ridiculous levels for multiple reasons. One, for throttling size/scale of builds which coincidentally helps controls spamming . Two, for adding difficulty. Three, for giving them additional value to derive additional conflict through raiding/stealing.

I've hosted my own and been an admin on several large multiplayer servers for over a 1000 of my in-game hours. I've only ever seen one server where this became a mild problem on ~ day 1200, and in which case, we simply made a server ruleset that you couldn't claim stores. Very minor problem for our admins and mods to take care of. I have seen one other server prohibit claiming in towns, which I thought was lazy - but I understood because their mod actually repop'd towns every 30 days.

Fixing this spamming problem by allowing only one LCB comes at an incredible cost to multiplayer PVE and PVP servers alike. Please revert this change to allow for multiple land claims.

Gazz; with all due respect you guys haven't played on as many public servers as the guys sitting here posting that there needs to be more have... hell, you've probably played the game the most out of ALL of the devs, and you've got to know you're out of touch...

Multiple lcb's are useful for public servers, for a variety of reasons. You guys should just go back to using the bedroll for spawn protection and wrenching benches, it would solve every conceivable REAL problem, not the made up ones about spamming lcb's ruining servers. It just doesn't happen.

Even in single player, I'd like to be able to set up small places I could stop and camp out for the night if I'm looting a new town without having to build a freestanding building or deactivate the LCB in the converted barn I'm using as a homebase.

Archived