Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=SevenDaysToDieModEditor;696426]I converted data using SDTDPrebabConverterA15A16. The rotation of ID 337 (cntNightStand) seems to be different between a15 and a16. Therefore, it is converted to a different rotation. It seems that A15A16.paintdata can customize the conversion setting. Can I change rotation with A15A16.paintdata?[/QUOTE] Sorry SevenDaysToDieModEditor, completely missed this post. No, the rotation data is held inside the program and isn't editable externally

hi long time reader, first time poster (in this thread) im, trying to pull bases from a 15.2 save game i got the editor for 15.2.. its installed just fine.. im able to claim areas... i get the red box. around it... but it still has about 10 more has you can see from the pic.. is there a limit on the hights?? thanx for reading me

[QUOTE=VooDoo;700633]hi long time reader, first time poster (in this thread) im, trying to pull bases from a 15.2 save game i got the editor for 15.2.. its installed just fine.. im able to claim areas... i get the red box. around it... but it still has about 10 more has you can see from the pic.. is there a limit on the hights?? thanx for reading me[/QUOTE] That's odd, the claims are 0-255 which is the maximum height in game. What do the prefab files look like?

[QUOTE=layarion;700824]bug: [URL]http://i.imgur.com/FTfBUcc.png[/URL] usually happens after i hit start.[/QUOTE] the editor does not work with a16.1 so think hal had some fun with it.. [video=youtube_share;nWaqYRO1SfU]https://youtu.be/nWaqYRO1SfU[/video] me

[QUOTE=VooDoo;700773]i think it got the hole prefab... but thanks for you reply i just need to remove a few levels... and import it would your editor still work for 15.2 saves EDIT: never mind its included sorry to bother you me[/QUOTE] Glad you got what you need VooDoo [QUOTE=layarion;700824]bug: [URL]http://i.imgur.com/FTfBUcc.png[/URL] usually happens after i hit start.[/QUOTE] That's a feature, not a bug ^^

I modified the 26032 line of A15A16.paintdata as follows. "1330": { "OldId": 1330, "OldName": "cntSupplyCrateWorkingStiffs", "NewId": [COLOR="#FF0000"]1330[/COLOR], "NewName": "", "GuessId": 0, "GuessName": null, "FaceTextures": [ 133, 133, 133, 133, 133, 133 ], then I ran SDTDPrefabConverter.exe. But block id = '1330' has been converted to '339'. Does this tool refer to NewId of A15A16.paintdata?

[QUOTE=SevenDaysToDieModEditor;701439]I modified the 26032 line of A15A16.paintdata as follows. "1330": { "OldId": 1330, "OldName": "cntSupplyCrateWorkingStiffs", "NewId": [COLOR="#FF0000"]1330[/COLOR], "NewName": "", "GuessId": 0, "GuessName": null, "FaceTextures": [ 133, 133, 133, 133, 133, 133 ], then I ran SDTDPrefabConverter.exe. But block id = '1330' has been converted to '339'. Does this tool refer to NewId of A15A16.paintdata?[/QUOTE] No, that's just paint data. Conversions are built up inside the program and are hardcoded

One exploit I seem to see happening is that users are walking into a mine and using the claim and load to get unlimited resources. An idea to avoid over using it would be to only allow them 1 plot that is un-moveable. Possible? Thoughts?

[QUOTE=Abrondino;702390]One exploit I seem to see happening is that users are walking into a mine and using the claim and load to get unlimited resources. An idea to avoid over using it would be to only allow them 1 plot that is un-moveable. Possible? Thoughts?[/QUOTE] Normal players should only get 1 claim. Have a look in the world save folder, there should be another folder called "BlockBackup" and inside that is settings.txt/ "defaultmaxclaims" is the setting that should say how many claims non-admins can have. You can also set a delay for how long before they can reload. Have a look in the games root folder for a file called "HalGlobal.txt". "delayload" is the setting you want. Change it to the number of minutes between loads or to -1 if only hal admins can load claims. That allows people to save their bases but you have to restore it

[QUOTE=layarion;703165]I entered: bbb ip training 1885 3 -955 [own] but the signs and chest are still locked from me.[/QUOTE] Signs aren't included but the chests should become yours if they're secure. There'll be a new way of doing this in the next version that should include any tile entity that have an owner.

@Hal I was importing prefabs that I edited for a16 and a lot of the textures did not import over. Thought you should know. I was able to do it successfully using Stompy's API mod, but that meant I had to do it all over one of my servers, and I didn't want that hassle. I prefer fixing in SP, and would be happy to provide you whatever you needed to nail down why the textures aren't consistently carrying over. -gup

[QUOTE=Guppycur;705196]@Hal I was importing prefabs that I edited for a16 and a lot of the textures did not import over. Thought you should know. I was able to do it successfully using Stompy's API mod, but that meant I had to do it all over one of my servers, and I didn't want that hassle. I prefer fixing in SP, and would be happy to provide you whatever you needed to nail down why the textures aren't consistently carrying over. -gup[/QUOTE] Hey Gup, Sure, PM me with the prefab file and what it should look like without errors and I'll have a look.

General block conversion notes: All couch pieces (both types), desks, and nightstands have incorrect rotation. White tile blocks converts to insidecornerwedgesomethings. Duct converted to wood with metal texture. A lot of bricks converted to wood with brick texture ...can you post the mapping? At this point I'm curious. Odd hitting brick and getting wood. :)

[QUOTE=Guppycur;705628]General block conversion notes: All couch pieces (both types), desks, and nightstands have incorrect rotation. White tile blocks converts to insidecornerwedgesomethings. Duct converted to wood with metal texture. A lot of bricks converted to wood with brick texture ...can you post the mapping? At this point I'm curious. Odd hitting brick and getting wood. :)[/QUOTE] Hey Gup, The converter is written into the code put here's a [URL="http://7d.l9000.co.uk/Converter.json"]JSON representation[/URL] of it. Each block gets put into a container that defines its rotations, then there's a list of to-from conversion IDs and the paint data is at the bottom [QUOTE=Spectral Force;706423]HAL, are you updating this for A16? I tried Phile's but you're is much easier to use. Thanks.[/QUOTE] Hi Spectral Force, No, this editor won't be getting updated. The source code has retired to a little place in the country and is enjoying just pottering around and taking naps.

Archived