Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;667194]which bit isnt making sense slaan? its basically an array of settings each # separates a value, and there must be the same number of values under each one, Size, Start, Group, Adjust, and IsLoot all have to have the same number of items in the list. Start is the vector inside the prefab for where to make the trigger box, and size of course makes the volumn. A sleeper block must be within each volume for it to spawn anything.[/QUOTE] Got them working!! (well they spawn but do they do what I think they do??) The fact that each spawn zone has entries in all the properties was throwing me off. My understanding so far: [B]volume start[/B]: where the spawn zone starts (bottom left most block) [B]volume size[/B]: where the spawn zone ends (top right most block) These form an invisible square/rectangle spawn zone between them? [B]volume group[/B]: the zombies it uses [B]gamestage[/B]: seems self explanitory, I'm guessing a ',' means that particular entry is skipped and the hard/easy increases or lowers the gamestage somehow? [B]sleeper is loot volume:[/B]: Tried both and I get a seemingly random mix of actual zombies and corpses so no too sure. So a spawn zone can use any of the sleeper blocks within it's area and a sleeper block could be in more than one zone and be used by them all? The experimenting seems like it works but I have a habit of feeling clever when really I'm doing it wrong so thought I'd double check.

[QUOTE=Slaan;668990] [B]gamestage[/B]: seems self explanitory[/QUOTE] see gamestage.xml [QUOTE=Slaan;668990][B]sleeper is loot volume:[/B]: Tried both and I get a seemingly random mix of actual zombies and corpses so no too sure.[/QUOTE] A loot volume is the one sleeper volume that can intersect or exist inside of another loot volume.

[QUOTE=Gazz;669013]see gamestage.xml A loot volume is the one sleeper volume that can intersect or exist inside of another loot volume.[/QUOTE] Any chance of a quick example?, this sounds like it could be useful but I can't really wrap my head around what your saying is possible. I'm thinking this set to true means if it spawns a zombie from a particular block then it won't be used up and another group can use it too?

[QUOTE=Batman!;670064]Any chance on the bbb commands being updated for 119? I want to back up the prefab I'm building in game and don't know how else to export it.[/QUOTE] Depends if I get time but I'll be doing another release at some point. You can still use the 113 DLL to load the world, export and then replace it with the original DLL again

[QUOTE=HAL9000;670113]Depends if I get time but I'll be doing another release at some point. You can still use the 113 DLL to load the world, export and then replace it with the original DLL again[/QUOTE] You're talking about Assembly-CSharp.dll correct? When I have the one from your editor plugged in I get console spam of an object instance error when the main loading screen reaches the items phase.

[QUOTE=Batman!;670117]You're talking about Assembly-CSharp.dll correct? When I have the one from your editor plugged in I get console spam of an object instance error when the main loading screen reaches the items phase.[/QUOTE] I can confirm this. Is there currently any way to insert buildings/prefabs into an RWG-map ingame after creation?

[QUOTE=Batman!;670117]You're talking about Assembly-CSharp.dll correct? When I have the one from your editor plugged in I get console spam of an object instance error when the main loading screen reaches the items phase.[/QUOTE] Ah, sounds like they've made a big change then. I'll see if I can get some time tomorrow and do the 119 update

[QUOTE=HAL9000;670332]Ah, sounds like they've made a big change then. I'll see if I can get some time tomorrow and do the 119 update[/QUOTE] Thanks HAL, I'd really appreciate it. The workload of building a prefab in game feels tripled since the implementation of the painting mechanic, having to paint everything by hand with a VERY SLOW paintbrush.. but it's so worth it. You can give buildings a nice personal touch without having to double layer walls and floors and allows for building to become more compact while remaining aesthetically pleasing.

[QUOTE=Batman!;670416]Thanks HAL, I'd really appreciate it. The workload of building a prefab in game feels tripled since the implementation of the painting mechanic, having to paint everything by hand with a VERY SLOW paintbrush.. but it's so worth it. You can give buildings a nice personal touch without having to double layer walls and floors and allows for building to become more compact while remaining aesthetically pleasing.[/QUOTE] Try the roller option... 9 blocks per stroke.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;670466]Try the roller option... 9 blocks per stroke.[/QUOTE] Great for mid size rooms and large areas, but it doesn't do much for tight hallways, especially when you're painting baseboards. I still think the actual speed of the brush strokes is horridly slow...

[QUOTE=Guppycur;670353]What's that entail? Allocs mod (at least back in the day) had something that you could just compile yourself somehow... Is yours not doable that way?[/QUOTE] Yeah I've written a patcher than adds all the changes I need to make to the DLL but when major changes are released it needs tweaking. The first release is usually me just handballing it to find out what needs doing, the second time I start automating it. This is the second pass. A lot doesn't need doing now the editor isn't involved but I still need to update the patcher to reflect it.

Update Time! Added: e119 support Looks like they've been playing with the IsDeveloper flag in blocks.xml. It can now have a "None" value. Not sure what it means (sounds like the creative menu changes) but if you parse the blocks for any of your modding you'll need to tweak it to deal with this value. Only the basic tests done so let me know if you hit any problems. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;670873]Update Time! Added: e119 support Looks like they've been playing with the IsDeveloper flag in blocks.xml. It can now have a "None" value. Not sure what it means (sounds like the creative menu changes) but if you parse the blocks for any of your modding you'll need to tweak it to deal with this value. Only the basic tests done so let me know if you hit any problems. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Hi, I've installed the latest version from the opening post and entered the 7dtd-location under settings. I've copied the Assembly-CSharp.dll to the Managed-Directory of 7dtd. In the editor "Install Editor-DLL" is now greyed out, is says SP Editor Installed and up to date. When I start 7dtd with the "Start 7DTD" Button and create a new single or multiplayer map, and then enter "bbb rp" into the console, it says: ERROR Unknown command bbb There are also many errors "INF Backup Manager Update Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". What do I need to do? Thank you!

[QUOTE=BFC_OGDA;671074]Is there a way to find out/identify the name of a certain prefab ingame? So that I can insert it elsewhere without copying the area?[/QUOTE] I don't think there is a way to do that in-game. The game does keep track of where prefabs are in the world but I don't think it displays it in the normal mode.

It's weird your only getting placeholders, I tried some more messing around with sleepers yesterday an was unable to load up ran gen or the previewer without my prefab erroring me to death. Loading the prefabs up in the empty world/editor mode worked but I didnt even get the placeholder blocks, they were just gone (but visible within the editor). Last time I had sleepers working was just before b113 and previously (other than it screwing my xml) saving the edits made in the empty world/loading prefab in ran gen was working.

Hey Pille, There's a new flag introduced with the A16 update [QUOTE=HAL9000;660109]Update Time! bbb ip now has a flag of [sleepers] to turn the sleepers into actual zombies. Not including this flag will spawn the sleepers in as blocks so you can work on the prefab. e.g. bbb ip !test 0 0 0 [sleepers] will spawn the prefab in with the sleeper volumes filled bbb ip !test 0 0 0 will load in the placeholder blocks so you can add/edit where sleepers could spawn [/QUOTE]

Strange, we should get identical results.^^ I tried the following: I've changed the position of all sleeper blocks using the editor, saved the modified prefab and spawned it in Navezgane (via prefab.xml edit). That worked. After that I tested the bbb command which didn't worked. [B]Edit:[/B] @Hal Upps I missed that. Thank you.

Hello Abrondino, The dedi DLL isn't out yet for A16 but when it is you just need to copy the "Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.DLL" file to the servers Managed directory and rename it to replace the existing Assembly-CSharp.dll file (renaming the vanilla one is usually a good idea if you want to swap back)

Archived