Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Pille;691569]I totally forgot our previous discussion.^^ As long as we cannot generate proper distant views, making a world editor would be quite pointless. These aren't the Droids I'am looking for. :)[/QUOTE] It's more the fact that it'd need all the block rendering stuff as well as model representations etc. It's a lot of work if you head down that path but if you're up for it I'm happy to help where I can. [QUOTE=Guppycur;691629]Hal. If moving to sdx, does that mean it won't work on the subsequent alpha without whatshisface updating sdx, which has so far taken months, or is it independent of that process?[/QUOTE] Hey Gup, Yeah it would require SDX to work. The last version compiles for A16 with the caveat that you need to manually copy the XUI folder from the backup are over to vanilla again as there's a bug with SDX reading the XML with XPath. I've been using A16 for the halicopter and map reveal mods and it's been working well. I just have a batch file that copies the XUI folder back after building in SDX.

Update Time! Added: Support for stable Added Dedicated Server Support Updated: bbb prefab meshall command now looks at the prefab size to determine how long to wait No massive changes, just the meshall command now no longer needs a time value. It will look at the prefab size and work out how long it needs to wait. This resolves a bug when using it that would cause the meshes to be much larger than needed as it hadn't had time to simplify the entire prefab. Have fun and report your bugs

[QUOTE=HAL9000;692778]Update Time! Added: Support for stable Added Dedicated Server Support Updated: bbb prefab meshall command now looks at the prefab size to determine how long to wait No massive changes, just the meshall command now no longer needs a time value. It will look at the prefab size and work out how long it needs to wait. This resolves a bug when using it that would cause the meshes to be much larger than needed as it hadn't had time to simplify the entire prefab. Have fun and report your bugs[/QUOTE] Thanks Hal I will try the meshall-command soon - and surly shout a little feedback cya

[QUOTE=Magoli;692783]Thanks Hal I will try the meshall-command soon - and surly shout a little feedback cya[/QUOTE] Thanks Mag. It should match the meshes I sent the other day but if you see anything else just let me know [QUOTE=Abrondino;692794]Hal, If there were a go fund me page or a fee based subscription for a dedicated server DLL for your program, I would be all in. . -Dino[/QUOTE] No fee required Dino, have a look in the zip file, there's a DLL called "Assembly-CSharp dedicated.dll" replace the dll in the dedicated server with that (just remove the " dedicated" bit) and you'll get the bbb commands on dedi

[QUOTE=Abrondino;693392]Awesome. I actually had been watching the initial thread and saw no changes "Last edited by HAL9000; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:37 PM." I just read the latest entries to the thread. Thank you![/QUOTE] Yeah the link in the OP doesn't get updated on new releases. Open the editor and it'll tell you there's an update or I post an update message with the latest changes

[QUOTE=Abrondino;693831]16.1 just dropped and overwrote Assembly-CSharp.dll when I updated my dedicated serer. I imagine that there were changes? Afraid to use the current Assembly-CSharp.dll from the new dedicated for fear that "some" parts may work.[/QUOTE] They usually work but you'll be running b138 so people may not be able to connect. If I get some time later I'll see if I can get a 16.1 version out. [QUOTE=Pille;694177]Thanks Hal, I was able to use it with A16.1. :) Just a short question: Is there anything I can do to reduce the memory consumption during a prefab import?[/QUOTE] Not really, it's got to load all the chunks that the import is going into and that's where most the memory goes. I also has to built up an RPC call to set the blocks remotely which can go massive but if you split that message over multiple ones you get partial collapses of the prefab because it fails structural integrity before the next message arrives. If the whole chunk could be updated and synced that'd possibly reduce it some but I haven't found a way of doing that yet

[QUOTE=HAL9000;694253]They usually work but you'll be running b138 so people may not be able to connect. If I get some time later I'll see if I can get a 16.1 version out. [/QUOTE] Yeah, even though the rest of the build is 16.1, I believe that Assembly-CSharp.dll from you is forcing players to revert to 16.0 in order to connect. Thanks!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;694623]Update Time! Added: A16.1 support Have fun, report your bugs[/QUOTE] Thanks Hal! Was testing your bbb export command and not sure if I am doing something wrong. I am able to claim an area and export it to a .tts file. However, when I adjust the claim area and re-export, its coming up as a differnt area when viewed within Pille's editor. Almost like the claim is offset by 30ish voxels on the x-coord. I was able to work around the issue just be changing the default claim size to a larger value so I wouldn't have to manually adjust the claim size via the claim dimension settings with your editor.

[QUOTE=Laz Man;694754]Thanks Hal! Was testing your bbb export command and not sure if I am doing something wrong. I am able to claim an area and export it to a .tts file. However, when I adjust the claim area and re-export, its coming up as a differnt area when viewed within Pille's editor. Almost like the claim is offset by 30ish voxels on the x-coord. I was able to work around the issue just be changing the default claim size to a larger value so I wouldn't have to manually adjust the claim size via the claim dimension settings with your editor.[/QUOTE] Hey Laz, What was the adjustment you did? None of that code has changed and I don't think it's likely to from the Pimps side. Do you have the y/z values the right way round?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;694760]Hey Laz, What was the adjustment you did? None of that code has changed and I don't think it's likely to from the Pimps side. Do you have the y/z values the right way round?[/QUOTE] Im rusty so its probably user error. Ill play around with it more and if i camt figure it out ill post some repro steps.

[QUOTE=Laz Man;695007]Im rusty so its probably user error. Ill play around with it more and if i camt figure it out ill post some repro steps.[/QUOTE] Ok Laz, just shout if you need anything [QUOTE=Abrondino;695044]16.1 for dedicated works. Thank you. As a note, I noticed that the shield does not keep wolves from attacking me, though.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the update Abrondino. Yeah I think I'm going to have to change the shield command so it just kills everything as most animals are now a threat anyway. I'll stick it in the next update.

I'm new to dedicated server hosting but I've been trying to find an answer to my question all morning. We recently had the infamous trader bug pop up, and after some searching it was said that you can delete the chunk the trader is in (smaller than the region). The only way I could find to do that was using Hal's editor though, couldn't find anything saying how to do it specifically just that the editor can do it. I understand you could delete the region, but someones base appears to be in the same region, and I'd like to figure this out for the future as well. This is playing on the latest stable A16 dedicated server version --------- 1. Can the editor delete just a chunk? 1a) If so, how easy is it? --- 2. Is it possible to delete the chunk without the editor? 2a) If so, how easy is it? --- 3. How much will deleting the chunk harm the server (for example, what are the chances it will corrupt or whatever) --- I watched the install video. Towards the end it mentioned installing the editor disables EAC for the server. While I'm not worried about cheating as its just a server with friends, I'm only really trying to delete the chunk. I'd rather stay as mod-free as possible currently, so 4. Can I delete the chunk without having to "install" the mod? 4a) If not, can i then remove it and return server status back to normal, but with the chunk still deleted/fixed 4b) If I need to keep the mod, does it add anything that other players in the server could access without permission (i.e. special commands, spawning items/prefabs). If its a long list, a simple yes/no is fine. I basically don't want people having access to commands that I know nothing about. --- 5) Can I use this on an existing server without corrupting/breaking it?

[QUOTE=Sm0kPurp;695777]I'm new to dedicated server hosting but I've been trying to find an answer to my question all morning. We recently had the infamous trader bug pop up, and after some searching it was said that you can delete the chunk the trader is in (smaller than the region). The only way I could find to do that was using Hal's editor though, couldn't find anything saying how to do it specifically just that the editor can do it. I understand you could delete the region, but someones base appears to be in the same region, and I'd like to figure this out for the future as well. This is playing on the latest stable A16 dedicated server version --------- 1. Can the editor delete just a chunk? 1a) If so, how easy is it? --- 2. Is it possible to delete the chunk without the editor? 2a) If so, how easy is it? --- 3. How much will deleting the chunk harm the server (for example, what are the chances it will corrupt or whatever) --- I watched the install video. Towards the end it mentioned installing the editor disables EAC for the server. While I'm not worried about cheating as its just a server with friends, I'm only really trying to delete the chunk. I'd rather stay as mod-free as possible currently, so 4. Can I delete the chunk without having to "install" the mod? 4a) If not, can i then remove it and return server status back to normal, but with the chunk still deleted/fixed 4b) If I need to keep the mod, does it add anything that other players in the server could access without permission (i.e. special commands, spawning items/prefabs). If its a long list, a simple yes/no is fine. I basically don't want people having access to commands that I know nothing about. --- 5) Can I use this on an existing server without corrupting/breaking it?[/QUOTE] 1) No 1 a) It used to be available through the world editor but that isn't an option in A16 2) Not that I know of, maybe Herrpohl's mod? 2a) 42 3) As long as it's just the chunk there'll be no effect other than items in that chunk. i.e. chest contents, zombie spawns, block placements are stored in the chunk. 4) no 4a) Yes 4b) Yes, the bbb codes are available through the chat interface which allows people without the mod to access the features. You have to set up if people have admin or player rights. 5) Yes, bbb commands are available as long as the version of the game supports the DLL you have to install

[QUOTE=HAL9000;696038]1) No 1 a) It used to be available through the world editor but that isn't an option in A16 2) Not that I know of, maybe Herrpohl's mod? 2a) 42 3) As long as it's just the chunk there'll be no effect other than items in that chunk. i.e. chest contents, zombie spawns, block placements are stored in the chunk. 4) no 4a) Yes 4b) Yes, the bbb codes are available through the chat interface which allows people without the mod to access the features. You have to set up if people have admin or player rights. 5) Yes, bbb commands are available as long as the version of the game supports the DLL you have to install[/QUOTE] First off, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. That is unfortunate, I was hoping this would be the answer to my problems. I had tried a few of the other suggestions but they didn't work (possible user error on my part cause I'm new to messing with this). Tried traderarea in console, nothing seemed to happen. This trader is just missing and the shop no longer opens during the day (but still land-claim kicks everyone out that approach the gates/walls). It seems like resetting the region may be the only option unless I stumble upon something else. I'll check out this other mod you mentioned (I assume its the link from your OP edit). On an off note, I'm surprised that googling "7dtd manual chunk reset" and other variations doesn't come up with an answer. Literally had to comb through pages of forum posts to find one reply by guppycur (who is apparently everywhere on the forums and will see this) to another random complaint thread to find his mention of your editor being able to do this (before A16). EDIT: I found the mod you mentioned, I will give it a try later when my server pop dies off. I'll update this post with whether or not I have any success (if someone does not confirm beforehand). Just out of curiosity, in-case it doesn't work, is this something you are able to fix, or is it a serious issue with A16 that has completely broken your editor?

[QUOTE=Sm0kPurp;696076]First off, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. That is unfortunate, I was hoping this would be the answer to my problems. I had tried a few of the other suggestions but they didn't work (possible user error on my part cause I'm new to messing with this). Tried traderarea in console, nothing seemed to happen. This trader is just missing and the shop no longer opens during the day (but still land-claim kicks everyone out that approach the gates/walls). It seems like resetting the region may be the only option unless I stumble upon something else. I'll check out this other mod you mentioned (I assume its the link from your OP edit). [/QUOTE] It looks like I've been sleep coding again... I double checked the command list and there may be something that does what you need. bbb ResetChunk Where is the east/west location and is the north/south location e.g. bbb ResetChunk -400 1455 would be West 400 and North 1455 Not sure it'll work (I don't actually remember creating that command) but give it a try. You may need to teleport away to unload the chunk and return to see the changes after. [QUOTE=Sm0kPurp;696076] On an off note, I'm surprised that googling "7dtd manual chunk reset" and other variations doesn't come up with an answer. Literally had to comb through pages of forum posts to find one reply by guppycur (who is apparently everywhere on the forums and will see this) to another random complaint thread to find his mention of your editor being able to do this (before A16). [/QUOTE] Chunks are difficult to get at because they're just a part of the region file [QUOTE=Sm0kPurp;696076] EDIT: I found the mod you mentioned, I will give it a try later when my server pop dies off. I'll update this post with whether or not I have any success (if someone does not confirm beforehand). Just out of curiosity, in-case it doesn't work, is this something you are able to fix, or is it a serious issue with A16 that has completely broken your editor?[/QUOTE] I've just retired that project because of time constraints. It may come back if there's a need after gold but there's no plans at the moment.

[QUOTE=Sm0kPurp;696076] On an off note, I'm surprised that googling "7dtd manual chunk reset" and other variations doesn't come up with an answer. Literally had to comb through pages of forum posts to find one reply by guppycur (who is apparently everywhere on the forums and will see this) to another random complaint thread to find his mention of your editor being able to do this (before A16). [/QUOTE] Shhhhh we dont write or mention that name on these forums..... once said he haunts and stalks you and never shuts up lol :-P its a evil evil curse you can never get rid of haha :-D

Archived