Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;710755]yes tfp added a count param to the prefab.rotatey method which broke existing dlls[/QUOTE] Yeah I wondered why they hadn't done that before, seemed a waste of CPU cycles to move it multiple times but good to see these optimisations making it in now. [QUOTE=Slaan;710773]Cheers Hal, Are we able to update the DLL through your button panel? I've just been doing a fresh download each time you release.[/QUOTE] As far as I know the buttons should still work, I don't use them cause it's always installed on my machine cause I made it ^^ but they should still be auto-updating. Let me know if they're not.

[QUOTE=Laz Man;710846]Hi Hal, thanks again for your tools. Finished my first a16 POI. Gave you a shoutout in my release video. :) [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?67382-PREFAB-McDowell-s-Restaurant-(by-LazMan)[/url][/QUOTE] W00t! Internet famous! Looking forward to the groupies and the inevitable slide into heavy drug use and final overdose [QUOTE=Pille;710849]Thanks Hal, you are .[/QUOTE] Abounding?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;710775] As far as I know the buttons should still work, I don't use them cause it's always installed on my machine cause I made it ^^ but they should still be auto-updating. Let me know if they're not.[/QUOTE] I tried the manual update button (before I re-downloaded/posted) and got nothing but grief from some weird guy called Dave. Installed the dll prior to that and it said things were up-to-date but the version was not changed (and did not work).

[QUOTE=Slaan;711356]I tried the manual update button (before I re-downloaded/posted) and got nothing but grief from some weird guy called Dave. Installed the dll prior to that and it said things were up-to-date but the version was not changed (and did not work).[/QUOTE] I had to download the latest edigor from the OP.

[QUOTE=Slaan;711356]I tried the manual update button (before I re-downloaded/posted) and got nothing but grief from some weird guy called Dave. Installed the dll prior to that and it said things were up-to-date but the version was not changed (and did not work).[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Laz Man;711425]I had to download the latest edigor from the OP.[/QUOTE] Ah yes, it's using an old url, it'll be updated in the next version (but you'll still need to download from the OP one more time)

[QUOTE=Slaan;711356]I tried the manual update button (before I re-downloaded/posted) and got nothing but grief from some weird guy called Dave. Installed the dll prior to that and it said things were up-to-date but the version was not changed (and did not work).[/QUOTE] LOL - Dave's not home - LOL

Hi Hal, For some reason when I try to load my TWD prison into your empty world I get the "Array Index is out of range" error." I know you were successful in creating a mesh file for my prison before so I assume you didn't get this error? See screenshot below. [img]http://i.imgur.com/loML3BW.png[/img]

How to export a full base as prefab? I'm trying to export my full base with Hal's prefab editor, but it seems that I only export a part of my base. Is there a command that I can use, so that I can export a specific location (with coordinates) ? I've used bbb claim [prefabName].

Prefab lights ? [QUOTE=Guppycur;705628]General block conversion notes: All couch pieces (both types), desks, and nightstands have incorrect rotation. White tile blocks converts to insidecornerwedgesomethings. Duct converted to wood with metal texture. A lot of bricks converted to wood with brick texture ...can you post the mapping? At this point I'm curious. Odd hitting brick and getting wood. :)[/QUOTE] Is there a way to turn the lights on in the prefabs with Pilles Prefab editor? I used the correct lights but i can not find an option to turn them on or off the show green and are not player placed , any help would be great , Thank you

[QUOTE=keffer03be;712710]I'm trying to export my full base with Hal's prefab editor, but it seems that I only export a part of my base. Is there a command that I can use, so that I can export a specific location (with coordinates) ? I've used bbb claim [prefabName].[/QUOTE] Increase the claim size using the editor program or stand at the South Western most point of the area you want to export and use bbb exsw bbb exsw [QUOTE=Kamaka;713599]Is there a way to turn the lights on in the prefabs with Pilles Prefab editor? I used the correct lights but i can not find an option to turn them on or off the show green and are not player placed , any help would be great , Thank you[/QUOTE] Set the meta value to 2 or 3 0 - off 1 - does nothing 2 - lit 3 - lit [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=Laz Man;712535]Hi Hal, For some reason when I try to load my TWD prison into your empty world I get the "Array Index is out of range" error." I know you were successful in creating a mesh file for my prison before so I assume you didn't get this error? See screenshot below. [img]http://i.imgur.com/loML3BW.png[/img][/QUOTE] Hey Laz, Post the log of the prefab file you're using and I'll have a look. Can't remember if I used the empty world or just nav when I demoed your prison.

[QUOTE=Anotheroldguy;715018]Friend is trying to use the editor but gets an invalid location error on anything he tries to do? Would you know the cause?[/QUOTE] The cause is he's typing something in wrong. The solution would depend on what he's trying to type. Logs or examples will get you the best answer

Archived