Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=ickyickes;728394]So I have the prefab exporter working and all but when I copy my base over the chests are empty in the new copy. I was just wondering if there is a way to copy a part of a map and have it keep all the things in your chests and containers?[/QUOTE] Hals doesnt have that in it. Only one I know of is djkrose mod.

[QUOTE=stallionsden;728530]Lol hals exports and imports + heaps etc lol. It doesnt export contents of containers tho lol. Stompynz api might but I know djkrose scripting mod does export the contents of the containers.[/QUOTE] Thanks just needed to d/l latest version.

Here's an idea: A choice to exclude certain blocks from a bbb restore. IOW: If it's not currently there, don't restore it I would pick -planted crops/trees -any ore (coal, iron etc This would keep people from claiming a mine, getting all the ore and restoring it. Maybe these too: -turrets or defense devices -generators

[QUOTE=Abrondino;728680]Here's an idea: A choice to exclude certain blocks from a bbb restore. IOW: If it's not currently there, don't restore it I would pick -planted crops/trees -any ore (coal, iron etc This would keep people from claiming a mine, getting all the ore and restoring it. Maybe these too: -turrets or defense devices -generators[/QUOTE] Good ideas, I've added them to the todo list but remind me next time there's an update out and I'll see if I can add them in [QUOTE=Abrondino;731249]Also, I believe I found a bug. The shield seems to kill mini bikes. If I have it on and someone starts racing towards me, they start on fire as they enter the shield bubble.[/QUOTE] Thanks, fix should be in the next release

• 1 month later...
It seems that 16.4 dropped. I imagine that we're going to need an update from you, Hal. My Afternight server uses the dedicated build. Although that normally comes out a little later. Thank you! This mod truly adds to the personality of my server and why I have a large draw of people. They love the ability to repair using the bbb commands.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;731256]Good ideas, I've added them to the todo list but remind me next time there's an update out and I'll see if I can add them in Thanks, fix should be in the next release[/QUOTE] You asked me to remind you when talking about these items: [quote]Here's an idea: A choice to exclude certain blocks from a bbb restore. IOW: If it's not currently there, don't restore it I would pick -planted crops/trees -any ore (coal, iron etc This would keep people from claiming a mine, getting all the ore and restoring it. Maybe these too: -turrets or defense devices -generators Also, I believe I found a bug. The shield seems to kill mini bikes. If I have it on and someone starts racing towards me, they start on fire as they enter the shield bubble. [/quote]

Hey, i´ve made a small tutorial in [B]german[/B] about hal´n´pilles editors, and how to use them to make prefabs (incl. mesh). I hope it help someone :strawberry: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqf-2NZ_khE&list=PLdEIOumORNUl-9-e0AkoXPm1rZSnQLCAh&index=11[/url]

Does anyone know why this is happening when trying to run it? [url]https://imgur.com/a/q8Dk5[/url] I try to goto prefab editor or world editor and they just move around like crazy cant click em, i try hitting arrow keys to highlight them and hit enter and nope nothing. Were these functions disabled? Also the FTP Settings allow for Editing Dedicated Servers that aren't hosted on the same computer correct?

[QUOTE=SolidSnake916;757513]Does anyone know why this is happening when trying to run it? [url]https://imgur.com/a/q8Dk5[/url] I try to goto prefab editor or world editor and they just move around like crazy cant click em, i try hitting arrow keys to highlight them and hit enter and nope nothing. Were these functions disabled? Also the FTP Settings allow for Editing Dedicated Servers that aren't hosted on the same computer correct?[/QUOTE] If one had read the first post. One would see that hals editor does not work in a16 and is currently discontinued lol. One would also only need to read only but a few lines down to see a link to a working prefab editor done by Pille.

[QUOTE=stallionsden;757544]If one had read the first post. One would see that hals editor does not work in a16 and is currently discontinued lol. One would also only need to read only but a few lines down to see a link to a working prefab editor done by Pille.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]ability to use the editor to edit prefabs no longer works[/QUOTE] I read the first post, and i'm brand new to this program, what caught my eye was the World Editor, being able to import already made prefabs into the world and see them, without restarting a game or server. I Figured the Prefab Editor is what was broken in Alpha 16 and not the World Editor as per the quote i copied. Also Pille's Editor is not what i need i don't want to edit prefabs, i want to import them live. I apologize for not knowing that both were broke.

[QUOTE=SolidSnake916;757568]I read the first post, and i'm brand new to this program, what caught my eye was the World Editor, being able to import already made prefabs into the world and see them, without restarting a game or server. I Figured the Prefab Editor is what was broken in Alpha 16 and not the World Editor as per the quote i copied. Also Pille's Editor is not what i need i don't want to edit prefabs, i want to import them live. I apologize for not knowing that both were broke.[/QUOTE] Nah don't be sorry I was stirring you. Welcome to the forums and the prefabbing world..... I don't believe the world editor is currently working. Maybe make a request in pilles editor for it. As yeh that is always handy to habe at ones disposal

.NET Framework Error Hello, I used the editor recently, maybe a week ago, using the 16.3 build just fine. Exporting and importing. However, today I went to start it up and I was greeted with a .NET error. I wanted to use bbb to import and export some prefabs, but I couldn't access the backup manager to make myself an admin. I was able to use "bbb ?" and it did work, but I could not import/export because of the inaccessibility to admin/backup manager. I AM set as admin on the server, however. My brother also has the tool, but his is working just fine. I can bbb command on his server and use pille's editor all day long. He is also on windows 7, while i'm using windows 10. Would this error be from something on my end? I tried installing the 4.5.2 .NET Framework listed on the OP, but I keep getting an error preventing me from doing so, stating I have a later version already installed (4.7.1 according to the registry); Microsoft doesn't make it easy... I tried reinstalling the editor, 7 days to die, and windows but all have failed :( I couldn't begin to guess why the error happened in the first place. I haven't done anything substantial to my computer, except maybe an update somewhere broke something? I don't know... It's not that big of a deal because at least I can use it on my brother's PC, but it's still perplexing why I cannot. Any insight is greatly appreciated :)

[QUOTE=Droxide;759751]Hello, I used the editor recently, maybe a week ago, using the 16.3 build just fine. Exporting and importing. However, today I went to start it up and I was greeted with a .NET error. I wanted to use bbb to import and export some prefabs, but I couldn't access the backup manager to make myself an admin. I was able to use "bbb ?" and it did work, but I could not import/export because of the inaccessibility to admin/backup manager. I AM set as admin on the server, however. My brother also has the tool, but his is working just fine. I can bbb command on his server and use pille's editor all day long. He is also on windows 7, while i'm using windows 10. Would this error be from something on my end? I tried installing the 4.5.2 .NET Framework listed on the OP, but I keep getting an error preventing me from doing so, stating I have a later version already installed (4.7.1 according to the registry); Microsoft doesn't make it easy... I tried reinstalling the editor, 7 days to die, and windows but all have failed :( I couldn't begin to guess why the error happened in the first place. I haven't done anything substantial to my computer, except maybe an update somewhere broke something? I don't know... It's not that big of a deal because at least I can use it on my brother's PC, but it's still perplexing why I cannot. Any insight is greatly appreciated :)[/QUOTE] Hello Droxide, What's the error that pops up? There's a difference between server admin and bbb admin. If there's no other admins set on your game you can use "bbb rp" to reload the player data. This will also make you an admin if no one else has been assigned.

Archived