Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=BFC_OGDA;680871]Will the dll be available right after A16 Live is available? Because I need the bbb ip code to fill a POI in a seed I've been optimizing the last 3 weeks with buildings. :) Or does that work in another way?[/QUOTE] Hello BFC_OGDA, Yeah the dedi version will be out for live and I'm hoping to get an experimental version out before that. It's just finding a couple of hours to do it but it'll be out at some point. @all - the prefab converter has an update with a bunch of new blocks Mag found better replacements for. It hasn't had the Mag Seal of Approval™ yet but should be good for a test. Same link in the OP.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;680952]Hello BFC_OGDA, Yeah the dedi version will be out for live and I'm hoping to get an experimental version out before that. It's just finding a couple of hours to do it but it'll be out at some point. @all - the prefab converter has an update with a bunch of new blocks Mag found better replacements for. It hasn't had the Mag Seal of Approval™ yet but should be good for a test. Same link in the OP.[/QUOTE] yeah - thats right - I didn't had the time to test the prefabs after conversion. Its because i have to do some prechanges before conversion. I will test them midweek i think.

Is it possible to add/edit outside spawning zed's with this editor? My goal is to add more zed's to cities/towns, and now that the city groups in entitygroups.xml dont work in A16, is this the only way edit how many zed's that spawn in cities/towns?

Hello xxx73, No it's not possible to edit the spawning with this editor. I don't think there'll be a good solution until the pimps get the way of specifying town areas into the game again. Shouldn't be hard, it probably just slipped with the new RWG code. It'll probably be in the stable release

Hi Hal I have tested the converted Prefabs It seems everything is fine now. All new rotoations and blocks are ok now after the last update. (But meanwhile i have found 2or3 other blocks that are wrong. Perhaps i will change this few blocks via Pille's editor. So IMO another converter-update is not needed aslong its just 3 blocks. If the amount is growing up i give a shout then) cheers Mag

Ok I'm a bit lost here now. Pille has an Editor, but you can only create prefabs in this editor. I liked to create prefabs ingame until I was happy with the looks, then exported it and adjusted doors, lights etc. with the editor. If I understand Hal correctly, there won't be a A16 compatible version? So, is it not possible to create prefabs the way I used to anymore? Working with an Editor only is just a PITA in my opinion. So I'm interested in how others now create new prefabs?

[QUOTE=Pille;689035]There is no crucial difference to A15. You can use Hal's toolset (bbb commands) to import and export prefabs in A16. It's still compatible but the editor is no longer part of his program. :)[/QUOTE] Any chance you will implement your bbb type commands in the future? Its an important piece to prefab creation until we have an editor that we can view the prefab in 3D. :)

The long-term goal is to create a world editor. [QUOTE=Laz Man;689039]Any chance you will implement your bbb type commands in the future?[/QUOTE] So maybe yes (as Hal and God will ^^). However, I am not going to try it without Hal's assistance.

[QUOTE=elitelex;689019]Ok I'm a bit lost here now. Pille has an Editor, but you can only create prefabs in this editor. I liked to create prefabs ingame until I was happy with the looks, then exported it and adjusted doors, lights etc. with the editor. If I understand Hal correctly, there won't be a A16 compatible version? So, is it not possible to create prefabs the way I used to anymore? Working with an Editor only is just a PITA in my opinion. So I'm interested in how others now create new prefabs?[/QUOTE] Same process. Export with Hal's bbb or Stompys api mod (dedi required, but actually easier), edit with pilles, go back and forth.

[QUOTE=Pille;689035]There is no crucial difference to A15. You can use Hal's toolset (bbb commands) to import and export prefabs in A16. It's still compatible but the editor is no longer part of his program. :)[/QUOTE] :miserable: I swear I read "exporting" wasn't working with A16 and where I read that is a complete mystery. All the time wasted :crushed: thank you.

[QUOTE=elitelex;689019]Ok I'm a bit lost here now. Pille has an Editor, but you can only create prefabs in this editor. I liked to create prefabs ingame until I was happy with the looks, then exported it and adjusted doors, lights etc. with the editor. If I understand Hal correctly, there won't be a A16 compatible version? So, is it not possible to create prefabs the way I used to anymore? Working with an Editor only is just a PITA in my opinion. So I'm interested in how others now create new prefabs?[/QUOTE] bbb is still available but there's no editor (from me) any more. [QUOTE=Pille;689044]The long-term goal is to create a world editor. So maybe yes (as Hal and God will ^^). However, I am not going to try it without Hal's assistance.[/QUOTE] Happy to help - I'd strongly recommend SDX because it's the best way of getting a GUI into the game and it can now patch the vanilla DLL with any changes you need. Just shout if you've got questions. [QUOTE=Guppycur;689774]It wasn't then, it is now. Sort of. I don't think hal has a 129 dll and Stompys only works on a dedi. I'm sure Hal will correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE] I'll see if I can sneak an update out for 129 soon - probably an hour before they release the next one!

Is there a version for dedicated server already? When I try to use the dedicated A15 Assembly-CSharp.dll, the server doesn't start up an instance. I'm trying to import some prefabs with bbb ip I tried to copy locally generated and bbb ip-filled region files over to the dedicated server, but unfortunately that seems to delete the sleeper blocks, so all buildings in that region I copied over don't have sleepers. I also tried to copy the HubCellData folder (and leaving it away), but that makes no difference. --- Ok, copying the complete instance folder seemed to solve the problem.

No, there's no dedi support yet. I was expecting Stable by July 4th and to release both versions but apparently that aint happening! -edit- Spoke to soon - just went to the news feed and it's out! So bbb codes for both will probably be out at the weekend

[QUOTE=HAL9000;690121] Happy to help - I'd strongly recommend SDX because it's the best way of getting a GUI into the game and it can now patch the vanilla DLL with any changes you need. Just shout if you've got questions.[/QUOTE] There are two problems atm. 1. I don't have a clue about SDX.^^ I though it would be a good idea to visualize the map using a voxel library but maybe SDX is better. So perhaps I should learn more about SDX before come to a decision. 2. The region file format is probably nasty. According to this thread ( [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61019-Does-a-full-map-editor-exist-for-this-game[/url] ) it's much more complicated than the prefab format. I don't know if I am capable to "understand" the region files. Do you have some code or something which is able to read these files?

[QUOTE=xelectrowolfx;691497]I cant seem to start the game with the editor I get the error steam client not running or id error, I typed in my correct user name and everything I do not understand what is going on.[/QUOTE] That probably means the current version of Hal's tool is not compatible with the stable version of A16. So you should wait for an update: [QUOTE=HAL9000;691275] Spoke to soon - just went to the news feed and it's out! So bbb codes for both will probably be out at the weekend[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Pille;691324]There are two problems atm. 1. I don't have a clue about SDX.^^ I though it would be a good idea to visualize the map using a voxel library but maybe SDX is better. So perhaps I should learn more about SDX before come to a decision. 2. The region file format is probably nasty. According to this thread ( [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61019-Does-a-full-map-editor-exist-for-this-game[/url] ) it's much more complicated than the prefab format. I don't know if I am capable to "understand" the region files. Do you have some code or something which is able to read these files?[/QUOTE] I'd definitely check out SDX before making a decision. It's for injecting code and models into the game rather than having a separate program to do it. This way you can build on what the pimps have done (chunk access, region files etc) and don't have to roll your own or keep it updated after changes. Maybe after gold having a separate program could be useful but trying to keep things in sync with active development is pretty time consuming. The downside to SDX (at least for me) is there's a lot of iterative testing and spinning up the game to check your work gets... frustrating. Especially with the world load times Also, don't forget this bit from the release notes: [quote] Reworked a bunch of the internal prefab editor features and UI to get closer to a prefab / world editor for public use [/quote] [QUOTE=xelectrowolfx;691497]I cant seem to start the game with the editor I get the error steam client not running or id error, I typed in my correct user name and everything I do not understand what is going on.[/QUOTE] Yeah release from me is based on a specific build, sometimes they're compatible (but don't have the new features) and other times my dll can't talk with the rest of the game. Wait for the update and try again.

I totally forgot our previous discussion.^^ As long as we cannot generate proper distant views, making a world editor would be quite pointless. [QUOTE]Reworked a bunch of the internal prefab editor features and UI to get closer to a prefab / world editor for public use[/QUOTE] These aren't the Droids I'am looking for. :)

Archived