What I need to say to TheFunPimps

pakabe

Dear Developers,

I have bought your game for round about € 10,- and I feel pretty bad, because I paid more for worse games and worse work. Sure, I am waiting for alpha 17 a long time now and it I am looking forward to its release.

I want to thank you for your hard, honest and good work!

What you gave to us, the community, is so much more worth, than the money you take and got.

I got your game during a sale and normaly I am happy to save as much money as possible, because I am very, very poor.

But you are the only developers, I realy feel bad for buying it in sale and not paying the full price. I am not sure if I can afford buying another copy for somebody else, but if there is a way to donate or something like that, I would do so and would like to pay another € 10,- for your game.

Good work is always worth a good price and as I said, even € 20,- is not enough to be the good money you earn for your your good work.

I am not sure if you read this, but I hope so.

I thank you very much for this game and wish you all the best!

Patrick K. aka pakabe aka Mr. Nobody

p.s. I hope you understand my bad english.

I've played 550 hours in 7DTD. So about $0.04 cents an hour. Even if they never released another update, I've certainly gotten my money's worth from this game. While I haven't played much in the last few months, waiting for A17 has not been big deal. It will get here when it gets here.

Just to compare I looked at some of the other titles I've played a lot like Conan Exiles, Skyrim, various Assasin's Creed games, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4 all only have 250-350 hours played.

With 700+ hours in it, this is literally the only game I have fun with anymore. I've bought 2 copies at "full" price (seemed way too cheap) for each and then recommended it to friends whom each bought it too, but it still feels like a steal.

When the devs finish the game, I hope they keep pumping out free updates ala ARK, but then find a way to integrate DLC like ARK did to keep revenue flowing in from existing players to sustain the game indefinitely. I really want them to make bank with this game, but also keep improving it as much as possible. (Which I think they're doing both, so we're good so far. :))

Uhhh, i only have ~450h, but i don't even remember how much i paid for the game. I think it was ~18€ in a 25% sale. So technically 4ct per hour.

But i haven't played the game since about almost a year now, because i'm heavily waiting for A17... so please bring it soon, or at least an experimental branch of A17.

Hear Hear! Long time lurker, first time poster and a good thread to first post in. Like so many others, I bought the game when it was on sale. Boy, what a deal that was! I obsessively played for months until I got a little burnt out and moved on to some other games. I've also gone back to playing, mainly to get ready for the next update, but also because nothing else was really keeping the attention.

I would like to say to The Fun Pimps, the forum moderators, and anyone else who supports this game, good on ya! I know how "fun" it can be to be a moderator, (was Moderator for Shadowbane Mac forums), and it can be a thankless job. So, thanks guys for watching the threads and keeping everybody civil and in line.

As for the developers, you guys are doing a great job and keep at it. In the past, I was lucky enough to beta test lots of MMO's, so I got to work with some of the developers during those times. I don't think I ever interacted with one who wasn't super passionate about the project they were working on. These guys pour everything they've got into what they are developing. So, keep at it guys, we'll be patiently waiting for the next update, and will cheer with you when it comes out.

Lastly, I've seen some really good threads and posts that are beneficial in the development process. The community has some great people who seem almost as passionate about this game as the developers themselves. It has an excellent modding collective who also help out with tweaking the basic game into something even more impressive.

However, there are many threads that are simply not helpful and pushy, demanding the update to be presented to them when they want it. To these people I would say, exercise some chill on that garbage. We all want the next update to come out sooner than later so we can play, but posting all sorts of conjecture nonsense doesn't help that process. Also, posting how the update is going to be a negative toward your gameplay when you haven't even played it is frankly obnoxious. I have no problem with people commenting on a mechanic that they have tried, worked with, and found it is impacting the gameplay.

Until them, remember that good 'ol adage about people's behinds. ;)

Dear Developers,

I have bought your game for round about € 10,- and I feel pretty bad, because I paid more for worse games and worse work. Sure, I am waiting for alpha 17 a long time now and it I am looking forward to its release.

I want to thank you for your hard, honest and good work!

What you gave to us, the community, is so much more worth, than the money you take and got.

I got your game during a sale and normaly I am happy to save as much money as possible, because I am very, very poor.

But you are the only developers, I realy feel bad for buying it in sale and not paying the full price. I am not sure if I can afford buying another copy for somebody else, but if there is a way to donate or something like that, I would do so and would like to pay another € 10,- for your game.

Good work is always worth a good price and as I said, even € 20,- is not enough to be the good money you earn for your your good work.

I am not sure if you read this, but I hope so.

I thank you very much for this game and wish you all the best!

Patrick K. aka pakabe aka Mr. Nobody

p.s. I hope you understand my bad english.

giphy.gif

I'll second that. I'm sitting at around 1200 hours of playtime I think... Which is at probably at least 3x more time than I've put into any other title. That averages out to about a cent and a half per hour of enjoyment. Best value of any purchase I've ever made, in any facet of life. Sure, I'm just as anxious as anyone for the next update... but that's because I have a lot of faith in the devs and their ability to crank out an insanely fun game.

• 2 weeks later...
I think TFP will be equally happy if you recommend the game to (potentially interested) friends instead of buying another copy yourself.

Everybody who would like it, already have it and even those who don't like it, own it...

Archived