A17 ... Where are you

NeferPitou

Apri l14, 2018 was the last video of joel Aka madmole of a17 what a review just running around showing us some *NEW* poi

i wonder why is it taking 1 year specially they said in dev dairy that they haired more people to work and i though of good then the next build will take no time but guess what it taking even more :'(

i am not being toxic or something i am being logic .

i played every mod in the game for at least 500 days in game time ... i can t even imagine how the game would be so bad if there was no mod too save the game

i played PVP i had a such a great time but after day 2562 i was like this need to be changed

i am not here to judge or being unfair i am watching this HP bar every day to see the progress but there is not progress at all in the last 3 days and joel no updating us of the status of the game if its dead

thank you for reading this is my opinion and we should respect all of the opinions of the others

if you were being fair you wouldn't have said that every single update has taken 1 year + because the truth is that so far none of them have and this one might become the first...

ronald i love this game i have 2200 hours on it it s so damn good that i can t even wait any longer to play a17 i

https://steamcommunity.com/id/NeferPitou32/ we were hoping for a17 in june like a16 was released in june 6 th but it looks like it gonna taking even longer very much longer for the full release

ronald i love this game i have 2200 hours on it it s so damn good that i can t even wait any longer to play a17 i

https://steamcommunity.com/id/NeferPitou32/ we were hoping for a17 in june like a16 was released in june 6 th but it looks like it gonna taking even longer very much longer for the full release

Then don't wait, go play other games in the meantime. I'm catching up on some of my PS4 backlog atm and finishing Persona 5 for instance.

A lot of the core systems are being finalized in this update, and that takes time sadly. Fortunately after A17 nearly every kickstarter promised feature will be in the game and really bandits and npc's are one of the last really major updates left.

Sometimes things take longer then expected, especially when your building something completely new from scratch. It's better that they take their time and do it right then just rush it out and we get a buggy mess.

Then don't wait, go play other games in the meantime. I'm catching up on some of my PS4 backlog atm and finishing Persona 5 for instance.

A lot of the core systems are being finalized in this update, and that takes time sadly. Fortunately after A17 nearly every kickstarter promised feature will be in the game and really bandits and npc's are one of the last really major updates left.

Sometimes things take longer then expected, especially when your building something completely new from scratch. It's better that they take their time and do it right then just rush it out and we get a buggy mess.

a16 took it time but it was a buggy mess until a16.4

a16 took it time but it was a buggy mess until a16.4

I had no real bugs in A16 that effected my gameplay. There were issues but nothing major and nothing that stopped me or any of my friends from playing. Had to do some resets when they changed RWG but thats not unexpected in an EA game.

A17 is also far bigger then A16.

a17 will likely be the same. <Shrug>

...people been griping that the devs "Need to hire more people!", so when they do it, and suffer the catchup time it takes to get them up to speed, people gripe then too. =)

Not you Nef, but "people".

a17 will likely be the same. <Shrug>

...people been griping that the devs "Need to hire more people!", so when they do it, and suffer the catchup time it takes to get them up to speed, people gripe then too. =)

Not you Nef, but "people".

Don't forget the mistakes are ALWAYS the result of the new guy. Every time. Without exception.

Don't forget the mistakes are ALWAYS the result of the new guy. Every time. Without exception.

Brian.....did your workplace just get a new guy :D............wtf, are you the new guy.....ok, what did you do....

From what I have seen, the A17 update is practically 7D2D 2.0. To me it is well worth the wait. I paid $15 I think for this 3 years ago. Considering I have 250 hours in game, that is the best $15 on entertainment I have ever spent :)

People need to realize if you got your money's worth, bitching about waiting for an update is pretty damn silly. The world doesn't owe us anything, and buying in early access means neither do The Fun Pimps. We got what we paid for already in my opinion.

From what I have seen, the A17 update is practically 7D2D 2.0.

Yes, because they are redoing stuff for the second (or more) time.. like weapons, buff system, progression system..

It is excellent when they add stuff to a system, but it is sad when they say that they are starting over with something.. It makes you think about the waste of time...

Funny how they could have easily just stopped development 3 years ago and called it done yet here everyone is whining for another free content update lmao

Bless TFP for the amount of work they do to bring us a fresh new experience every time all while putting up with incessant complaints

Yes, because they are redoing stuff for the second (or more) time.. like weapons, buff system, progression system..

It is excellent when they add stuff to a system, but it is sad when they say that they are starting over with something.. It makes you think about the waste of time...

Except they really aren't.

Buff system has never been redone its being upgraded with more options and more ways to control buffs

Progression system isn't being redone either, its being expanded upon whats already there. Wellness is being removed and thats about it

Weapons aren't being redone either, they are adding alot more with mods, and just removing parts.

None of that is remotely close to "starting over". it's also an alpha, part of that means you have unfinished systems in place that are continuously tweaked as you develop. Sadly I've never met a programmer with a crystal ball who can magically predict the future and has never had to go back and tweak things in his code.

Except they are.

Developer Diary: Alpha 17, page 1:

It helps when you post the actual wording and not edit it to try to make it say something it doesn't. It actually says

Replacing old buff system with a more robust and optimized framework

Replacing old skill system with a more robust and optimized framework, also designed to work with items and buffs.

So they are replacing the old system with the new system which is an expansion of their previous framework they had.

I don't know if the people reading this have ever developed anything - especially a game, but often times the best way to get to a perfect system is usually to make a less-than-perfect system, learn some lessons, and then start over from the ground up. Oftentimes your first draft system simply isn't built properly to be successfully refined into a better system without starting over.

They also switched engines to Unity 2017 so it was one of their best opportunities to actually go ahead and reconstruct systems that weren't exactly working.

Archived