Big Crack a book POI

KeiraR

So i thought i'd give it another try.

I spawn in, climb a hill and find a huge city, with a huge crack a book.

I go inside the building, kill a bunch of zombies, loot some stuff, everything is fine.

Day 2, the building is so big it takes me a while to kill all the sleepers and rummage through everything.

Then i fall through a floor, break my leg, no biggie but, i want to get back to the floor above.

I walk around looking for the stairs that i found earlier but i can't find them.

I walk around, come to some elevator shaft and miss the fact the last block of the floor is missing so, i fall down.

I'm now in an area with no way out, i have a 25 stone axe and everything around me has about 6k hp.

I try to tower out but, i can't place frames...

So, i'm stuck, game over unless i try to punch my way out of 6k hp.

Great POI, a lot of thought must have gone into that.

I'll wait for A17 to give it another go, thanks!

In this situation I'd just debug out of the area. To do it, just hit F1, type 'dm', hit enter, then once out of the console hit Q. You can then move out of the area.

I think there are certain points that you just can't escape from in these POIs and if I know that I'll be literally punching a block 9000 times twice over and no way to tower out, I will pull myself out with dm. I would rather break immersion a little bit for my own sanity :)

"So I thought I'd give it another try, because trying is all you can do with this bad gaem. The game is so bad and bugged, but I guess I'm just a bit masochistic and like to play games that are bad. Using my keenest survival instincts, I went straight into the biggest building with the strongest walls at level 1 and with no proper equipment for the raid. I have no sense of orientation thus got lost, didn't pay attention to my surroundings and managed to drop into the one spot, where that proper equipment really would have helped. BAD GAEM, time to leave another sarcastic post on their forums instead of a bug report!"

I loled.

Also yeah, there's the debugmenu as mdf25 pointed out.

why you can't place frames?

There is a gap behind the elevators, but they have bulletproof glass plates taking up that gap's blockspace.

YOU were nuts to go there that soon with out proper supplies. Not the games fault. Yes I been stuck in that spot before. But I DID go in at a higher level. With wood and a few tools that helped getting out of the whole. LIKE ladders.. ladders are so useful.

I guess if that had happened to me, I would laugh so hard about myself, see my failure and start over

seriously, if the player gets stuck in a hole made of concrete with nothing but a 25 stone axe, he deserves not to be able to come out! why should that be a bug or something you need the debug-menue for? I'm afraid I'm wiht Pille on that one....

Glass. Tasty....crunchy....glass.

You can feel it both smooth and sharp upon your lips; rolling across your tongue.

Sliding down your throat....slathered in the coppery taste of your own blood.

You begin to convulse. Your heels clack together...three times. You awake...in Kansas.

-Morloc

Glass. Tasty....crunchy....glass.

You can feel it both smooth and sharp upon your lips; rolling across your tongue.

Sliding down your throat....slathered in the coppery taste of your own blood.

You begin to convulse. Your heels clack together...three times. You awake...in Kansas.

-Morloc

Ever try to keep yourself alive after eating glass? Now THAT is a tough mini-game.

"So I thought I'd give it another try, because trying is all you can do with this bad gaem. The game is so bad and bugged, but I guess I'm just a bit masochistic and like to play games that are bad. Using my keenest survival instincts, I went straight into the biggest building with the strongest walls at level 1 and with no proper equipment for the raid. I have no sense of orientation thus got lost, didn't pay attention to my surroundings and managed to drop into the one spot, where that proper equipment really would have helped. BAD GAEM, time to leave another sarcastic post on their forums instead of a bug report!"

I loled.

Uh that's not at all a fair representation of what they posted. At no point did OP complain about the game. Actually quite the opposite; "Great POI, a lot of thought must have gone into that."

Uh that's not at all a fair representation of what they posted. At no point did OP complain about the game. Actually quite the opposite; "Great POI, a lot of thought must have gone into that."

Wouldn't you follow that "compliment" with something positive, rather than "Well I rage quit, maybe I'm not going to have to rage quit next alpha"

I admit that is certainly not the classiest post I've made, but if you look at the dude's/gal's recent post history you'll notice the distinct sarcastic undertones very often, so I think my interpretation isn't too far off. It's a specific style of complaining, while not overtly formulating what they say as a complaint.

Had a bad day and threw back some sarcasm, sorry 'bout that.

Anyway the point is, in this specific situation they failed in a survival game and rage quit and felt the need to report their rage quit in an unconstructive manner, blaming the game instead of their attitude. Most people just shake such an event off laughing and move on.

And some people need their hand held every step of the way. Maybe a message popping up when you enter the Crack-A-Book tower? "This POI is tricky, you can get lost and even stuck! Be super careful!"

Is that hard-to-escape spot in that POI a flaw? Maybe. I'd say no. Not every POI should be easily traversable with wood frames at all times. – especially with the player being at the lowest levels. Just like not every loot container should be open and spawning top tier loot from the start.

Hmm you're right, there is a good amount of snark in there that I somehow didn't really pick up on during my first read. Hehe.

I still don't see outright "BAD GAEM" type whining though. Even if they were discouraged and quitting for a while, they do still intend to come back.

I do agree that they had no business being there as a level one with basically no equipment.

No need to apologize for a bad day. Hope it gets better!

Great POI, a lot of thought must have gone into that.

I'll wait for A17 to give it another go, thanks!

I suspect one of the first thoughts was, "No one would be foolish enough to try this on Day 1."

Followed shortly thereafter by, "Especially if they'd tried this before."

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't you follow that "compliment" with something positive, rather than "Well I rage quit, maybe I'm not going to have to rage quit next alpha"

I admit that is certainly not the classiest post I've made, but if you look at the dude's/gal's recent post history you'll notice the distinct sarcastic undertones very often, so I think my interpretation isn't too far off. It's a specific style of complaining, while not overtly formulating what they say as a complaint.

Had a bad day and threw back some sarcasm, sorry 'bout that.

Anyway the point is, in this specific situation they failed in a survival game and rage quit and felt the need to report their rage quit in an unconstructive manner, blaming the game instead of their attitude. Most people just shake such an event off laughing and move on.

And some people need their hand held every step of the way. Maybe a message popping up when you enter the Crack-A-Book tower? "This POI is tricky, you can get lost and even stuck! Be super careful!"

Is that hard-to-escape spot in that POI a flaw? Maybe. I'd say no. Not every POI should be easily traversable with wood frames at all times. – especially with the player being at the lowest levels. Just like not every loot container should be open and spawning top tier loot from the start.

I'm happy someone got it, well a lot of you got it.

I'm happily playing guys and i love all the stuff in A16.4.

Trolling is a dying art and when you are one of the people that sort of invented it halfway the nineties

you can't help it sometimes.

Also, you guys are such a good audience. :D

<3 <3 <3

In this situation I'd just debug out of the area. To do it, just hit F1, type 'dm', hit enter, then once out of the console hit Q. You can then move out of the area.

I think there are certain points that you just can't escape from in these POIs and if I know that I'll be literally punching a block 9000 times twice over and no way to tower out, I will pull myself out with dm. I would rather break immersion a little bit for my own sanity :)

I do this when i get stuck in a door or other spot every now and then.

Can i do this if another player on my server gets stuck. they normally log out and back in and respawn in a free space next to where they got stuck. I wasn't sure if they have to be an admin to fly or go through an object when i enabled debug mode.

I'm happy someone got it, well a lot of you got it.

I'm happily playing guys and i love all the stuff in A16.4.

Trolling is a dying art and when you are one of the people that sort of invented it halfway the nineties

you can't help it sometimes.

Also, you guys are such a good audience. :D

<3 <3 <3

Please don't troll. It is against the rules.

Archived