Which is the most important feature VII

Roland

Which is the most important feature VII  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most important feature VII

• Polishing and refining and designing Navezgane.
    • Solving current problems with and improving Random Gen

Anything that has story in it is something I don't want to play before release.

Generally a good story doesn't work if you play half of it, get stopped by bugs, and have to redo half of the steps/quests/conversations again and again.

7D2D is a bit of a special case because the story will not be comparable to the full-fledged story of a RPG. Still, RWG for me till release.

Anything that has story in it is something I don't want to play before release.

Generally a good story doesn't work if you play half of it, get stopped by bugs, and have to redo half of the steps/quests/conversations again and again.

7D2D is a bit of a special case because the story will not be comparable to the full-fledged story of a RPG.

Why not? The story is not even in right now so it doesn't matter. Navezgane is just another map so far, without anything different from RGW except it's a static map.

So you mean that you played every interesting stories in games until the end? TES games has great stories in them, but like many players I didn't even finish the main quest. So even if I played half of it, that doesn't mean I'm not going to get back to it eventually.

7DTD IS an action RPG for the most part. If you fail to see the tons of similarities with TES, then play some more Skyrim or something. It doesn't have the same scope and scale TES games has now of course so the story won't be as developed, but I'm still looking foward to read some text boxes from NPCs, like in many other RPG games.

Why not? The story is not even in right now so it doesn't matter. Navezgane is just another map so far, without anything different from RGW except it's a static map.

True. But I assume we are talking about A17 which will have parts of the story already in it, however rudimentary.

So you mean that you played every interesting stories in games until the end? TES games has great stories in them, but like many players I didn't even finish the main quest. So even if I played half of it, that doesn't mean I'm not going to get back to it eventually.

Either you are not that interested in stories or at least TES main stories aren't as great as you think. A really good story is one you want to follow to the end. Btw. many people say Bethesda is not good in creating a compelling main story, reviewers, people in games forums...

7DTD IS an action RPG for the most part. If you fail to see the tons of similarities with TES, then play some more Skyrim or something. It doesn't have the same scope and scale TES games has now of course so the story won't be as developed, but I'm still looking foward to read some text boxes from NPCs, like in many other RPG games.

I expect 7D2D to have a very rudimentary story that is found out through some quests and lots of hints in some POI's. Most of it having to do with the question: "How did the zombie plague start?". I expect most of Navezganes secrets and places are good for exactly one playthrough. So I try to create the best experience out of that one playthrough instead of watering down that experience.

Either you are not that interested in stories or at least TES main stories aren't as great as you think. A really good story is one you want to follow to the end. Btw. many people say Bethesda is not good in creating a compelling main story, reviewers, people in games forums...

I am interested in stories, but I get distracted from them in open world games. It's not that I'm not interested in TES storyline, since I really liked the one in Oblivion especially but since there's so many other things to see, I just tend to wander off. I do like linear games that are taking you by the hand through the story, since there's no distractions then or at least not many.

I hate game stories. They're boring, and usually only exciting for the person writing it. I don't want to be part of someone else's story, I want to make my own. Preferably with lots of gunfire.

As Guppy came over the rise leaving hundreds of corpses behind him he saw the skyline of a brand new city. Looking closely he noticed that this once grand city was now completely flooded. Suppressing a self-satisfied smile he traded his AK-47 for a pencil and a stack of papers. "These buildings aren't going assess themselves," he gleefully proclaimed to the headless stripper sprawled on the ground beside him.

As Guppy came over the rise leaving hundreds of corpses behind him he saw the skyline of a brand new city. Looking closely he noticed that this once grand city was now completely flooded. Suppressing a self-satisfied smile he traded his AK-47 for a pencil and a stack of papers. "These buildings aren't going assess themselves," he gleefully proclaimed to the headless stripper sprawled on the ground beside him.

Was the stripper his lover? Was a toilet flush involved in the flooding? Was the paper thick lined or narrow lined? YOU LEFT OUT IMPORTANT DETAILS!

I hate game stories. They're boring, and usually only exciting for the person writing it. I don't want to be part of someone else's story, I want to make my own. Preferably with lots of gunfire.

Then RPGs definitely aren't for you. Maybe you should stick strickly to FPS games then, even though there is some storytelling in some of those games as well.

At least they're not forcing to go through a 30 minute quest to start the game... yet.

What's the big deal with getting the beginning of a story along with the tutorial? You usually can just skip most of it anyway.

Was the stripper his lover? Was a toilet flush involved in the flooding? Was the paper thick lined or narrow lined? YOU LEFT OUT IMPORTANT DETAILS!

Plotholes, haha.

No, I love rpgs... Just ones where I'm not forced to follow their boring ass story.

Good to hear, I thought I was alone. In fact I hate stories in any game. If I want a story I watch a movie or good TV show or read a book. When I play a video game, no matter what genre, I want to play, not watch some dumb story. Whoever invented the cut scene is #1 on my $hitlist

A game that reacts to the players actions would be great.

-You attack faction A, so now faction A will ether start attacking you (if they were a evil group) or if it was only once, ask for an explanation (if they were good)

-You build a nice fortress near the water and near a trader and some people might join you.

-For storytelling, I would want it to be dependent on how respected the player became by other factions. You might never get a quest from anyone if you never help any faction's interests like kill off some of their enemies for example.

Good to hear, I thought I was alone. In fact I hate stories in any game. If I want a story I watch a movie or good TV show or read a book. When I play a video game, no matter what genre, I want to play, not watch some dumb story. Whoever invented the cut scene is #1 on my $hitlist

Haha, mine also.

I think the problem with cut scenes and story-on-rails games is how they've inflated the uncontrollable bits to dreadfully long sequences of doing nothing. I really like Final Fantasy VI, which has plenty of dialogue scenes but none that take more than 2-5 minutes to get through at max. It's also a pretty good story: an ensemble cast; well-written, believable characters; no obvious writer insert; and an exciting adventure where the bad guy initially prevails. It also helps that everything is set to the best music of the 16-bit era.

Some of these RPGs getting pushed today have cut scenes that go on for 10-15 minutes and it's just baffling.

I agree. When the developers spend that much effort making a cut scene I get very suspicious that I WILL see that scene no matter what I do in game.

Also when YouTubers put the cut scenes together into a cohesive movie you wonder why you have a player at all.

I really like the Navezgane map and would love to see a storyline/quests associated with it.

I would also like to see dedicated maps that Modders make along with their own quests.

However for long term deployability RWG is where it's at particularly if quests are added to them.

Navezgane would be a great place for first time players to get their feet wet and experience what the game has to offer then after they are more familiar with the game RWG can open up a whole new and endless world for them to explore for a few hundred hours.

I see Navezgane as a really good tutorial map that displays all of the games features and helps the new player become used to the wonderful world of 7DTD.

So for me it is BOTH. Navezgane for the main story arc and RWG for the whole random thing with no story arc but plenty to discover.

Archived