Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

My plants are disappearing. I'm in a hot climate and I'm a miner class. I put some dirt on a roof, hoed it and placed a bucket of water within two blocks.

UPDATE: One of my orange trees has now disappeared. I was able to harvest both trees once. I left the base, came back and the one tree was gone.

flbl87.png

Edited by EZ2Remember (see edit history)

I'll try doing more testing, but the test I did for the patch to change the water to 2 blocks was done on the roof of the trader and worked fine.

So I'm very confused.

I did plant the tree's outside on the ground though.

EDIT: Actually, you may need to move tree's away from the water. I remember someone else having this problem and they don't use the same code as plants to make sure the wild trees aren't broken.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I'll try doing more testing, but the test I did for the patch to change the water to 2 blocks was done on the roof of the trader and worked fine.

So I'm very confused.

EDIT: Actually, you may need to move tree's away from the water. I remember someone else having this problem and they don't use the same code as plants to make sure the wild trees aren't broken.

Ok, is that also for the plants, because I'm having plants and trees disappear with the water within 2 blocks.

Class Book

I may have done something unbeknownst to me that caused me to not get my class book. The game first started up with the weird "?" in areas of the UI so restarted and loaded it through the mod manager instead of from my DF BBM folder. Not sure if that caused some sort of issue getting it or not. Its surely something I did wrong. Is there a way to give myself one, like with the console, to remedy it or do I need to restart my save? I read through like 20 pages of this thread and couldnt find an answer so I decided to ask.

Awesome mod btw

Edited by hardbrocklife
Nvm. Please remove. (see edit history)

My plants are disappearing. I'm in a hot climate and I'm a miner class. I put some dirt on a roof, hoed it and placed a bucket of water within two blocks.

UPDATE: One of my orange trees has now disappeared. I was able to harvest both trees once. I left the base, came back and the one tree was gone.

flbl87.png

I -think- I've semi-tracked this down.

Was able to reproduce the issue by having tree's near plants. It also seems to be the reason tree's can occasionally be harvested forever.

If they're more than 2 blocks away from the plants? It's fine.

Currently not sure how I'm going to fix it, but I -will- look into it. For the moment, I would recommend making sure tree's are far away from your plants.

Will also do more testing. :)

I -think- I've semi-tracked this down.

Was able to reproduce the issue by having tree's near plants. It also seems to be the reason tree's can occasionally be harvested forever.

If they're more than 2 blocks away from the plants? It's fine.

Currently not sure how I'm going to fix it, but I -will- look into it. For the moment, I would recommend making sure tree's are far away from your plants.

Will also do more testing. :)

Thanks for checking into it, I love this mod and appreciate your work.

I built a minibike and used the off-road tires on it. I drove off but when I came back there was another frame sitting in the spot where I built the bike. The bike I built is off camera, fully equipped with everything except the lock.

Also, "sniper rifle silenced" and "hunting rifle silenced" have no sell price. Is the welding torch a lootable only item?

Mortar and pestle, is that something that goes into a workbench?

55v8y.png

Huh, that sounds like you're having problems with spawning blocks/entities in general. That is VERY strange...

Silenced weapons, I forgot to add a sell price. Cos it's me. :D So I'll make sure those get added, thank you.

Welding Torch can be looted OR purchased from a trader (Lathe is the only item that must be looted).

Mortar and Pestle is it's own workstation. So you build it in the forge and then place it. :)

Been looking for a mod to make this harder for me and my friends, this one got great potential and I've been testing it today at home, however I've noticed a few issues.

Every single sound file when using titanium items is ♥♥♥♥ed up, like titanium fireaxe and chopping wood blocks, there is no sound, the auto shotgun also only puts out a sound for every click you do, which might not even be something you can fix.

The one thing that bothered me the most though, I changed the time to day7 21:50 to test out the horde (as I do with any new settings), the sky got red and the creepy music came on but no zombies came? Just one or two wandering ones. Also, I've been at 0.0 in the wasteland and found a very, very small city, like 5 houses, as well as bandits there.

I assumed there was gonna be a hub city? A large one.

Been looking for a mod to make this harder for me and my friends, this one got great potential and I've been testing it today at home, however I've noticed a few issues.

Every single sound file when using titanium items is ♥♥♥♥ed up, like titanium fireaxe and chopping wood blocks, there is no sound, the auto shotgun also only puts out a sound for every click you do, which might not even be something you can fix.

The one thing that bothered me the most though, I changed the time to day7 21:50 to test out the horde (as I do with any new settings), the sky got red and the creepy music came on but no zombies came? Just one or two wandering ones. Also, I've been at 0.0 in the wasteland and found a very, very small city, like 5 houses, as well as bandits there.

I assumed there was gonna be a hub city? A large one.

Titanium sound is a known issue I've been trying to track down for a LONG time. Basically it claims there's no sound file for material_titanium (even though i've defined some and set metal as the parent) and the only way around it is to set the titanium tools as material=metal... but then you can't scrap them. It's bloody annoying. :)

Auto shotgun has been a known issue for a long time, as stated on the first page. MIGHT be fixable, need to talk to some folks with more experience than me!

Horde goes by your gamestage. Gamestage is level + days survived and also modified by difficulty. So if you just set it to day 7 without levelling up or anything, you're going to have a tiny horde. Sadly, that's pretty much the way the game works. I mean, I could set it to an insane amount of zombies...

Hub city uses the rules from A15. Which means you MIGHT get one. Not you WILL get one. Also, it sometimes spawns approx 200-300 away from 0,0 in any direction. :)

Titanium sound is a known issue I've been trying to track down for a LONG time. Basically it claims there's no sound file for material_titanium (even though i've defined some and set metal as the parent) and the only way around it is to set the titanium tools as material=metal... but then you can't scrap them. It's bloody annoying. :)

Auto shotgun has been a known issue for a long time, as stated on the first page. MIGHT be fixable, need to talk to some folks with more experience than me!

Horde goes by your gamestage. Gamestage is level + days survived and also modified by difficulty. So if you just set it to day 7 without levelling up or anything, you're going to have a tiny horde. Sadly, that's pretty much the way the game works. I mean, I could set it to an insane amount of zombies...

Hub city uses the rules from A15. Which means you MIGHT get one. Not you WILL get one. Also, it sometimes spawns approx 200-300 away from 0,0 in any direction. :)

Figured as much in regard to the sound :/ that's a shame. I wasn't aware of the horde though, would it prove difficult if I just spawned myself an ak and powerleveled to 20-30, then set the day to the 7th?

Not really. With an AK, it'd be way too easy. It's been designed for most people to be about level 20, on survivor and probably nothing much better than a crossbow with maybe a few spikes.

I've literally tried to make the very first one a little easier. It starts to ramp up pretty quickly after that. You can have a look at the code in gamestages.xml if you want to see how it works and how it starts to ramp up. :)

EDIT: To expand on this, one of the folks in the discord said they just had a Day 28 horde and it was absolutely insane.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

So I'm very confused.

Just want to be clear before I use my few blueberry seeds and fertilizer that I have left, if I keep trees away from my plants and have a water source no more than 2 blocks from my plants then i should get no plant despawning?

Also, can I become a farmer class if I'm already a miner class? It looks like I just have to make the "blank class paper" using "bundle of skill notes" (60).

Where do I make the "iron helmet"

You SHOULD be fine if you keep the tree's away from your other plants, at least from what I have tested. I want to do more testing with mixing plant types to see if there's any issue, but so far wheat and tomato's grow together with no issues.

You're exactly right on the classes. Make another class paper and you can take the farmer class :) It won't cause any issues with your current class.

Iron helmet is made in the tailoring workstation with the sewing kit.

The one I'm using right now is called PatchTest and has a huge city right at the center, plus some larger ones dotted around.

However, I'm also using a slightly altered RWGMixer, so no guarantees. I know The Old Gamer usually has a ton of seeds to recommend, :)

ALSO! Heads up for folks. Yes, there is a minor issue with plants and farming. I'm aware of it. I'm looking into it.

I may change plants to use the old code when you plant them as a seed, and the new code from stage 2 onwards of growing.

The one I'm using right now is called PatchTest and has a huge city right at the center, plus some larger ones dotted around.

However, I'm also using a slightly altered RWGMixer, so no guarantees. I know The Old Gamer usually has a ton of seeds to recommend, :)

ALSO! Heads up for folks. Yes, there is a minor issue with plants and farming. I'm aware of it. I'm looking into it.

I may change plants to use the old code when you plant them as a seed, and the new code from stage 2 onwards of growing.

How does one alter the RWGMixer? Can you customize it to spawn more building?

With Notepad++. a lot of time, a lot of coffee, possibly lots of swearing and selling your soul to the devil. ;)

And you can totally make it spawn more buildings. I had to tone it down because cities were too big and there was a TON of lag.

Server not initialised try again in a minute

OK took the BBM server zip and extracted data and mod folders , needed to reduce each packet to 100mb upload otherwise much bigger seems to get stuck on upload.Mod and Data folder upload and install on dedi box, I use the mod launcher for my client side launch and eventually it says server not initialised try again in a minute, this being after hours of waiting, dont think its much but would appreciate any advice to help get her running

cheers

OK took the BBM server zip and extracted data and mod folders , needed to reduce each packet to 100mb upload otherwise much bigger seems to get stuck on upload.Mod and Data folder upload and install on dedi box, I use the mod launcher for my client side launch and eventually it says server not initialised try again in a minute, this being after hours of waiting, dont think its much but would appreciate any advice to help get her running

cheers

You also need the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder.

Otherwise it'll crash because blocks and items are referencing Unity3D files in the mods folder and the DLL won't be patched to allow access to it. :)

I did the "hot coffee" quest, was I supposed to receive 1 super coffee, because I didn't receive it.

I thought it would also unlock the recipe for the super coffee but it didn't.

How do we unlock the "gas can" recipe?

Any chance of getting the Valmod food recipes included in your mod? :smile-new:

Is it possible to build a spawn location menu or just edit the config to start near a city? I dont have a ton of time to play and really hate switching to creative mode to fly around (I end up spawning crap in since I already cheated)