Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 6/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, inkbreton said:

Hi guyz !

Having an issue at generating world. Get a lot's of error Prefab Loading Failed. Prefab 'xvanilla_snowy_ski_lodge' does not exist.

i tried to start the game with launcher cleared Game Data. (and desactivated EAC).

i used le link for 18.4 client download (not eac friendly).

may some one can help me to solve my problem pls ? wanna really try this mod (watched a lot's of youtube video about it).

Thx very much for your work KhaineGB.

I can almost guarantee that means you missed files when installing it, delete you local files for 7dtd under its manage option, they reverify the game when done, launch to make sure it is running right and to put any ini files that may be created on first launch then close back out. Once it is done then remerge the mods folders into the base 7 days folder in steam/common/7days don't just drag dfexerimentala18 into the root folder but instead, the folders that are inside of it(7DaysToDie_Data, Data, and Mods) should be put into the game folder. Depending on PC and hard drive it will take a while near the end you should get a prompt asking to replace(i think) 167 files in total, click yes to them all, when done open 7 days to die and go to launcher, disable EAC, save and run, should be good if followed properly.

Edited by felronis
specified to close game before merging, just in case (see edit history)

On 6/6/2020 at 4:16 AM, inkbreton said:

Hi guyz !

Having an issue at generating world. Get a lot's of error Prefab Loading Failed. Prefab 'xvanilla_snowy_ski_lodge' does not exist.

i tried to start the game with launcher cleared Game Data. (and desactivated EAC).

i used le link for 18.4 client download (not eac friendly).

may some one can help me to solve my problem pls ? wanna really try this mod (watched a lot's of youtube video about it).

Thx very much for your work KhaineGB.

Might be a bad download for the prefabs folder. Try re-downloading it again to see if that helps.

Also stick to 6k and 8k world sizes. Any other can cause an NRE.

Thx for your answer guyz.

i'm trying to download it second time (poor co :s around 2 hours).

i can say something, if i delete data, mods and 7 days to die_data, i can launch and play the game (with original folders and files).

i had several corrupted files on dl another mode like simpleui or sdx :s.

each try of new game was on 8k random map.

Thank you.

Is there a bug with plants growing? I have the non experimental version and the game runs fine but plants I have planted don't seem to be growing. Only a few moved from seed to growing plants and some of them have been planted for 12 in game days at 60 minutes a day. The funny thing is, the two corn that moved to growing weren't the two oldest corn plants that I planted. There were two corn plants that I planted a day before these. I did hoe the ground with a scrap iron hoe if that makes any difference.

33 minutes ago, LionsDen said:

Is there a bug with plants growing? I have the non experimental version and the game runs fine but plants I have planted don't seem to be growing. Only a few moved from seed to growing plants and some of them have been planted for 12 in game days at 60 minutes a day. The funny thing is, the two corn that moved to growing weren't the two oldest corn plants that I planted. There were two corn plants that I planted a day before these. I did hoe the ground with a scrap iron hoe if that makes any difference.

Huh I haven't had any issues like that, did you put water within 4 blocks of the crops blocks? gotta put a puddle in a hole in the middle of a farm like minecraft, or I have at least and I have seen all the seeds I have tried planting swap to growing, haven't grown the modded plants yet tbf.

23 minutes ago, felronis said:

Huh I haven't had any issues like that, did you put water within 4 blocks of the crops blocks? gotta put a puddle in a hole in the middle of a farm like minecraft, or I have at least and I have seen all the seeds I have tried planting swap to growing, haven't grown the modded plants yet tbf.

That's the problem, I didn't know about the water. I'll need to rework the farm then. Thanks for the info.

Can’t seem to upgrade wood bars to iron bars with forged iron. I had forged iron in my inventory but when I tried upgrading the little icon at the bottom right which would indicate that I had no forged iron would come up and it wouldn’t let me upgrade. Not a massive deal, I’ll just have to forge the iron bars. Just thought I’d let you know.

Also is it possible to create forged steel on here? I’ve got steel smithing from the skill tree but now on the forge interface it’s not letting me craft it. Still says “crucible required” with a big red cross next to it. I bought a crucible from the trader but there isn’t a slot to actually put it into the forge anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Josh1161 said:

Can’t seem to upgrade wood bars to iron bars with forged iron. I had forged iron in my inventory but when I tried upgrading the little icon at the bottom right which would indicate that I had no forged iron would come up and it wouldn’t let me upgrade. Not a massive deal, I’ll just have to forge the iron bars. Just thought I’d let you know.

Also is it possible to create forged steel on here? I’ve got steel smithing from the skill tree but now on the forge interface it’s not letting me craft it. Still says “crucible required” with a big red cross next to it. I bought a crucible from the trader but there isn’t a slot to actually put it into the forge anymore. 

To the first part, are you using the default stone hammer they gave you fro upgrading? If so use a nail gun or a claw hammer to upgrade and it should use the forged iron properly, I ended up having to figure that out myself.

Secondly, you have to get a big forge, or advanced forge to be able to use the bellows to smelt faster and crucible for steel.

33 minutes ago, felronis said:

To the first part, are you using the default stone hammer they gave you fro upgrading? If so use a nail gun or a claw hammer to upgrade and it should use the forged iron properly, I ended up having to figure that out myself.

Secondly, you have to get a big forge, or advanced forge to be able to use the bellows to smelt faster and crucible for steel.

Ahh that makes sense. I think I was using the stone hammer so I’ll try the nail gun. Thanks for that!

Im having trouble with the world generation. Pre created worlds random worlds and worlds of my design are having their buildings on plateau's this problem isnt on my vanilla game. would like some advice

That issue is actually an A18 vanilla issue. Started around 18.1 or 18.2 (don't remember which)

Basically you're either using a seed or a game name of a previous save game that you had and it's messing up the world data, while also using the same map. So say you played nav and had a game called My l33t Game, then deleted it and use the same name for DF... it'll do that.

Only way I know of fixing it is to clean 7DTD's game data with the game launcher (click play in steam, click show launcher and it's in there)

Hey I wanna try out your mod.

However it seems I am stuck on the step

Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”.

I see the instructions are for Mac but you can install this on windows right?

If there are instructions for Windows, could I have them please?

Thank you

Edited by Judge Badass (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Judge Badass said:

Hey I wanna try out your mod.

However it seems I am stuck on the step

Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”.

I see the instructions are for Mac but you can install this on windows right?

If there are instructions for Windows, could I have them please?

Thank you

Make a copy of your game files first.

For windows you just have to download the folder and extract the contents to your 7 days to die folder on your computer. You should get a pop up asking if you want to overwrite the files, to which you click “yes”. It should insert the data, 7daystodie_data and mods folders I believe.

——

On an unrelated note I’m actually having a somewhat strange issue. Pics attached... the trader seems to have fallen through the floor. Not exactly a game breaker I guess. Any ideas anyone? 😂

ALSO are bandits still in the game? Haven’t seen any so far and on day 11 with 2 hour days.

3EB0ED17-FD67-4E6A-A3FC-4AD49733210D.jpeg

609107B5-AD8D-489C-ABBF-3E46F0BD6E01.jpeg

Edited by Josh1161 (see edit history)

He's just drunk, it's fine.

Actually it can happen with any entity in the game. Happens with sleepers sometimes too.  You could try killing him and see if he respawns properly.

Yes, bandits are still on but only spawn in desert and burnt biomes so the player gets some breathing room.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

He's just drunk, it's fine.

Actually it can happen with any entity in the game. Happens with sleepers sometimes too.  You could try killing him and see if he respawns properly.

Yes, bandits are still on but only spawn in desert and burnt biomes so the player gets some breathing room.

Ah good stuff. I’ll look forward to my first encounter with those then! Thoroughly enjoying this whole mod so far!

I have found a small issue. There’s a prefab called “xcostum_bridgesideapartmentsA16(by_Batman)” which I keep getting trader quests for but there doesn’t appear to be a rally point to actually start the quest. Has happened several times now. It’s definitely linked to that specific prefab as far as I can tell because there’s at least two of them in the town I’m visiting and it happens with both of them whenever I get a quest there. Am playing on DFalls large map if that makes a difference at all.

Is there an issue with floating buildings that collapse when inside or approach? Most of the buildings are floating and crumble once I installed the mod. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but still happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Hey, I have an issue in my game which already once caused me to delete my save file and start all over again.

Basically for some reason, an error message : " index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection " spams the console and makes the game unplayable. I have to teleport away from the area I am standing in to move freely again. If I go back to the area, the message appears again.

I installed the mod manually, and it's the second time this bug destroys  my save file, any way to fix this ?20200609233319_1.thumb.jpg.11dc6d59066b109594d9435f8cad057c.jpg

11 hours ago, Josh1161 said:

Ah good stuff. I’ll look forward to my first encounter with those then! Thoroughly enjoying this whole mod so far!

I have found a small issue. There’s a prefab called “xcostum_bridgesideapartmentsA16(by_Batman)” which I keep getting trader quests for but there doesn’t appear to be a rally point to actually start the quest. Has happened several times now. It’s definitely linked to that specific prefab as far as I can tell because there’s at least two of them in the town I’m visiting and it happens with both of them whenever I get a quest there. Am playing on DFalls large map if that makes a difference at all.

That's an issue with compo pack prefabs. Not a lot we can do about it. We already edited all of them and re-positioned the quest marker, but it still happens.

10 hours ago, Sam said:

Is there an issue with floating buildings that collapse when inside or approach? Most of the buildings are floating and crumble once I installed the mod. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but still happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

There's a TON of posts about stuff like that over the past couple of pages.

It's an A18 issue. Use a different game name when starting your game. So if you had something like l33t hardcore playthrough on one save, deleted it and then re-used that name, it can cause that issue (especially if on the same map)

10 hours ago, KroolTheField said:

Hey, I have an issue in my game which already once caused me to delete my save file and start all over again.

Basically for some reason, an error message : " index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection " spams the console and makes the game unplayable. I have to teleport away from the area I am standing in to move freely again. If I go back to the area, the message appears again.

I installed the mod manually, and it's the second time this bug destroys  my save file, any way to fix this ?20200609233319_1.thumb.jpg.11dc6d59066b109594d9435f8cad057c.jpg

Find the affected region, delete the region file and try replacing the biomes.png for the world you're playing.

Firstly love the mod! Great job for a seasoned veteran to enjoy new challenges!

Having 3 weird issues:

1. When sharing quests one person activates the quest via the golden "!". When the next person does this it says "Unable to start the quest in this area. Please come back later". As this happen the second person can no longer interact with containers unless the server is rebooted

2. Console log is flooded with "random poi near world pos is not null"

3. I do the 2 x Eve quests (The test and the favor). Hand in to trader and get "The reward" quest, but the rally point is 0m away and never appears. 

Can someone explain how the weapon upgrading works? I know that I have to put a fully repaired weapon (the one I want to upgrade?) into the workbench followed by a second weapon of the same type but...

I have upgraded my weapon crafting skill (in my current situation it is for bow) to level 51 crafting, I have upgraded most of my key skills to level 5 (player level 101)  I can craft a level 51 bow that is no problem but when I go to upgrade my level 45 bow using a level 44 bow to perform the upgrade it informs me I can only craft to level 41?

What am I doing wrong or what am I missing???

A18.4_2020-06-11_15-43-31.jpg

A18.4_2020-06-11_15-44-24.jpg

A18.4_2020-06-11_15-47-40.jpg

Edited by scallipus
added images (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Mythryl said:

Firstly love the mod! Great job for a seasoned veteran to enjoy new challenges!

Having 3 weird issues:

1. When sharing quests one person activates the quest via the golden "!". When the next person does this it says "Unable to start the quest in this area. Please come back later". As this happen the second person can no longer interact with containers unless the server is rebooted

2. Console log is flooded with "random poi near world pos is not null"

3. I do the 2 x Eve quests (The test and the favor). Hand in to trader and get "The reward" quest, but the rally point is 0m away and never appears. 

1) That's a sort-of vanilla issue. Not sure why it happens but it always seems worse with compo pack POI's. I'm considering making some maps without compo pack POI's for the next version to help with this issue a bit.

2 and 3 are related. It's looking for the bunker POI for the quest and can't find it... so good chance you don't have one in your world.

42 minutes ago, scallipus said:

Can someone explain how the weapon upgrading works? I know that I have to put a fully repaired weapon (the one I want to upgrade?) into the workbench followed by a second weapon of the same type but...

I have upgraded my weapon crafting skill (in my current situation it is for bow) to level 51 crafting, I have upgraded most of my key skills to level 5 (player level 101)  I can craft a level 51 bow that is no problem but when I go to upgrade my level 45 bow using a level 44 bow to perform the upgrade it informs me I can only craft to level 41?

What am I doing wrong or what am I missing???

A18.4_2020-06-11_15-43-31.jpg

A18.4_2020-06-11_15-44-24.jpg

A18.4_2020-06-11_15-47-40.jpg

Okay.... so workbenches.

I need to re-write the localization. The normal workbench only goes to 40, no matter what your skill is. The laser workbench allows you to go up to 80.

Hi! I've really been enjoying this mod and some friends and I have set up a dedicated server. I am, however, experiencing a constant problem where my game crashes every 20 minutes. Like -- sometimes to the dot. I've timed it.

It usually tanks Steam which then crashes the game. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Loving the mod Khaine. Great work 👍

I have a question and a possible error/bug

The question... how rare are the portals? I have gone through a fair number of the wasteland circles and haven't found one yet. Is it just bad luck? or are they super rare (only a couple per map)?

With the error/bug.. i'm playing the DF medium map and have found a POI (in 2 different locations) underground when i'm guessing they shouldn't be. The first one i found was at 1050 S / 2865 W. On the map it was just a big flat area with a couple of small roads, one of which was a circle. I decided to dig in that circle thinking it might be a hidden POI or something. But the moment i broke the first block of dirt, the ground started to collapse. Obviously the frame rate was brutal in that area until it was done caving in. I found a second one at 1200 S / 1400 W from getting a tier 4 fetch/clear quest. The ! on the compass seemed to be in a rock.. again.. broke a block and it caved in. Attached are pictures of the POI. The one at 1200 S / 1400 W doesn't have bedrock under it. There are likely more locations of this POI on the map, and i'm guessing they are all going to be underground. Might be one to remove from future versions if it always spawns like this.

Again though.. great mod. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into it so we can enjoy it. 

A18.4_2020-06-11_17-07-00.jpg

A18.4_2020-06-11_17-10-45.jpg

13 hours ago, 7daystocry said:

Hi! I've really been enjoying this mod and some friends and I have set up a dedicated server. I am, however, experiencing a constant problem where my game crashes every 20 minutes. Like -- sometimes to the dot. I've timed it.

It usually tanks Steam which then crashes the game. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Try increasing the size of your windows paging file and see if that helps.

4 hours ago, Chronicguy said:

Loving the mod Khaine. Great work 👍

I have a question and a possible error/bug

The question... how rare are the portals? I have gone through a fair number of the wasteland circles and haven't found one yet. Is it just bad luck? or are they super rare (only a couple per map)?

With the error/bug.. i'm playing the DF medium map and have found a POI (in 2 different locations) underground when i'm guessing they shouldn't be. The first one i found was at 1050 S / 2865 W. On the map it was just a big flat area with a couple of small roads, one of which was a circle. I decided to dig in that circle thinking it might be a hidden POI or something. But the moment i broke the first block of dirt, the ground started to collapse. Obviously the frame rate was brutal in that area until it was done caving in. I found a second one at 1200 S / 1400 W from getting a tier 4 fetch/clear quest. The ! on the compass seemed to be in a rock.. again.. broke a block and it caved in. Attached are pictures of the POI. The one at 1200 S / 1400 W doesn't have bedrock under it. There are likely more locations of this POI on the map, and i'm guessing they are all going to be underground. Might be one to remove from future versions if it always spawns like this.

Again though.. great mod. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into it so we can enjoy it. 

A18.4_2020-06-11_17-07-00.jpg

A18.4_2020-06-11_17-10-45.jpg

Portals are pretty rare otherwise the spawning mechanics could tank FPS.

I mean, they look cool.... but I didnt want to murder performance. ;)

That looks like a compo pack POI that may need tweaking, but there's a good chance all maps will be re-made for A19 anyways.