Jump to content
KhaineGB

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have a perk quality joe which raises the quality level by 50 each rank and lucky looter that raises by 10. 
I remember the first perk from a16 but what's the difference between them and are their effects add on top of each other or do I have to upgrade only one of them?
Also treasure hunter and fast eddie seems to be conflicting with lucky looter as well.

Edited by RagefulShrimp (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with floating houses and objects. I just installed via the mod launcher and downloaded from the mirror, as well as pre-synced the mod. I googled for over an hour and tried perusing through this thread but it's massive so I may have missed if a fix was posted for this particular issue. Any thoughts/ideas on how to fix this? I just downloaded for the 1st time today and followed instructions posted on youtube but if there's an official guide for install somewhere using the mod launcher I'd be more than happy to try again. Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RagefulShrimp said:

I have a perk quality joe which raises the quality level by 50 each rank and lucky looter that raises by 10. 
I remember the first perk from a16 but what's the difference between them and are their effects add on top of each other or do I have to upgrade only one of them?
Also treasure hunter and fast eddie seems to be conflicting with lucky looter as well.

Lucky looter and quality joe both add to your gamestage for loot. So you're more likely to find better items (so say, a magum over a pistol). They do stack. Lucky looter also increases loot amounts for certain types of loot.

Treasure hunter only lowers the radius of treasure chests for the buried chests quests (all types). Fast eddie increases looting SPEED when you open containers and such.

15 hours ago, m4tth3wh411 said:

I'm having an issue with floating houses and objects. I just installed via the mod launcher and downloaded from the mirror, as well as pre-synced the mod. I googled for over an hour and tried perusing through this thread but it's massive so I may have missed if a fix was posted for this particular issue. Any thoughts/ideas on how to fix this? I just downloaded for the 1st time today and followed instructions posted on youtube but if there's an official guide for install somewhere using the mod launcher I'd be more than happy to try again. Thanks in advance. 

That's an A18 issue. It means you either used a game save name or a world seed that already exists (or existed) at one point and so it's partially using the old data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, is there a way to tweak ore spawns? *looks at titanium* We're playing on the EyeofTerror.6k map, and so far we've only found one or two ore veins containing titanium

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd have to find it in biomes.xml, tweak the numbers and then regenerate the wasteland area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting a lot of trader quests into the wasteland areas and cant do them. so I got a full set of hazmat gear helmet, gloves, suit, and boots. but i dont see any new buffs on the character and the radiation has the same affect.   currently using 18.4 and the latest code from the mod launcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried playing this mod several times.  I'm a pretty seasoned 7DTD player.  I have to say I think the difficulty ramps up way too fast at the start. This run, Level 8, Day 5 I'm wandering around looking for cars to wrench (because even though I spent a point on Bicycles for Dumb@%$*#!s, I can't craft a wheel) I hear foot steps behind me, and in the next 30 seconds I am attacked by a Feral, then a Tough Zombie Businessman, followed by a Night Stalker.  Because I was on the porch of a POI I couldn't run, and game over.  Did you really intend it to be that hard?  I like the idea of an extended early game, but maybe ramp up the level of the early game zombies a bit slower?  Just my two bits.  It's definitely a cool mod, I'm impressed by the amount of work you put into it.  I'll probably give it a try co-op, after I get tired of a19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LostBunny said:

I am getting a lot of trader quests into the wasteland areas and cant do them. so I got a full set of hazmat gear helmet, gloves, suit, and boots. but i dont see any new buffs on the character and the radiation has the same affect.   currently using 18.4 and the latest code from the mod launcher

Try taking it all off and putting it back on to "force" the game to re-update buffs.

Got it fixed in V3. I'm using a different method to add the buff resistance that works way better. (also allows mix and match of hazmat/power armor)

1 hour ago, Egdod said:

I've tried playing this mod several times.  I'm a pretty seasoned 7DTD player.  I have to say I think the difficulty ramps up way too fast at the start. This run, Level 8, Day 5 I'm wandering around looking for cars to wrench (because even though I spent a point on Bicycles for Dumb@%$*#!s, I can't craft a wheel) I hear foot steps behind me, and in the next 30 seconds I am attacked by a Feral, then a Tough Zombie Businessman, followed by a Night Stalker.  Because I was on the porch of a POI I couldn't run, and game over.  Did you really intend it to be that hard?  I like the idea of an extended early game, but maybe ramp up the level of the early game zombies a bit slower?  Just my two bits.  It's definitely a cool mod, I'm impressed by the amount of work you put into it.  I'll probably give it a try co-op, after I get tired of a19.

That sounds SLIGHTLY unintended. Difficulty does ramp up faster (Adventurer is more like Nomad and Nomad is more like Warrior, for example), but that sounds like something you shouldn't be getting at level 8 on day 5.

I will be re-doing a lot of the spawn lists for A19 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mate im trying to get DTM to work on my server that i host and im pulling my hair out because when i patch Assembly-CSharp.dll and upload it with the other 3 files the server has a breakdown but i see you have managed to get it workign with your mod.

Please Please how did you manage to do this ?

i hope you can help.

 

many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you hosting the server?

Cos some 3rd party providers don't allow DLL uploads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With GTX gaming and they have granted me .dll access and i can upload and overwrite the .dlls fine - trying once more and wioll post server logs here if thats any help.

 

Ive just tested it on a dedicated server on my machine then joined with my steam client and all worked fine its just when i upload :-s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it works locally but not remotely, then i'm pretty sure you don't have DLL access (regardless of what they say)

But yeah, grab the log and we can have a look. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Egdod said:

I've tried playing this mod several times.  I'm a pretty seasoned 7DTD player.  I have to say I think the difficulty ramps up way too fast at the start. This run, Level 8, Day 5 I'm wandering around looking for cars to wrench (because even though I spent a point on Bicycles for Dumb@%$*#!s, I can't craft a wheel) I hear foot steps behind me, and in the next 30 seconds I am attacked by a Feral, then a Tough Zombie Businessman, followed by a Night Stalker.  Because I was on the porch of a POI I couldn't run, and game over.  Did you really intend it to be that hard?  I like the idea of an extended early game, but maybe ramp up the level of the early game zombies a bit slower?  Just my two bits.  It's definitely a cool mod, I'm impressed by the amount of work you put into it.  I'll probably give it a try co-op, after I get tired of a19.

Some "compo pack" POIs have feral or running zombies, regardless of your gamestage.  My advice is to stick to looting POIs that you know, at least early on.  Also if you just walk close enough to a POI you might wake up some sleepers.  

I play on insane and I think that the difficulty ramps up just right.  You just have to learn the mod and take more precautions.   

 

Also, you can pick up wheels that are on the road by hitting them.  

Edited by crackpot texas (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crackpot texas said:

Some "compo pack" POIs have feral or running zombies, regardless of your gamestage.  My advice is to stick to looting POIs that you know, at least early on.  Also if you just walk close enough to a POI you might wake up some sleepers.  

I play on insane and I think that the difficulty ramps up just right.  You just have to learn the mod and take more precautions.   

That's because you ARE insane, CP.

Also, hope you're doing well dude. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well thats a head scratcher - i uploaded the mods as a zip and extracted them on the server instead off uploading them then uploading the .dlls after and its all working haha  thanks for replying anyway Khaine and offering your help i know its late. cheers dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good Day KhaineGB

 

I have a question .. Is there a way to Spawn a new Trader Guard into game .. I by accident killed one _ maybe 2 .. when upgrading a trader base that I will be using.

 

Just wondering if there was or am I just out luck,

Thank you .. Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

 

Jen makes me feel right at Home .. We both talk to ourselves .. Lol 

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press F6 and search for guard.

IIRC they're all called DFFemaleGuard or DFMaleGuard.

Make sure "From Static Spawner" is checked, aim where you want them and press the button. That SHOULD do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:52 AM, KhaineGB said:

A18 vanilla issue. You're either using a seed or save game name for a game that already exists and the data hasn't been fully cleared. So it's loading part of the old data.

If you mean the T2 trader quests, i'm pretty sure that the latest version has a patch which increases the required amount of quests from 5 to 10.

If you mean "class mastery", get level 50 and buy the perk, or find/buy the book, read it and then hit level 50.

I fixed my problem with the floating buildings.  I was trying to play the DF large map and that's where I got the buildings floating.  When I dropped down to DF medium maps, I've had no problems at all.  Perhaps the DF large map was too big for my computer to handle.  All is fixed now.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am having an issue running this on Linux. Didnt have an issue with A17 build but A18 the world will load and then either freeze at my spawn in or crash out. I managed to get the Eye of terror map to load and let me move but once i tried to open the menu it froze again. The output logs dont show anything helpful when the map does load. I get an unhandled NULL exception error sometimes but not always. This is for a local single player install. EAC is off.

 

I can post the output Log but was wondering if you had any ideas. Im going to continue to try to get it to load on my own and will post back with any findings I have going forward as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good Day KhaineGB

 

Just wanted to Thank You .. But it would have been easier If I REMEMBERED to turn on the  debugmenu .. sometimes I wonder if I'm just getting OLD. Lol

 

Have a great week and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

 

PS: what do the numbers mean next to them style or type of clothing ?? _ 1 - 5 ( first one I dropped onto some barbwire, she screamed a bit _ missed the mark you could say )

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gallantgrif said:

So I am having an issue running this on Linux. Didnt have an issue with A17 build but A18 the world will load and then either freeze at my spawn in or crash out. I managed to get the Eye of terror map to load and let me move but once i tried to open the menu it froze again. The output logs dont show anything helpful when the map does load. I get an unhandled NULL exception error sometimes but not always. This is for a local single player install. EAC is off.

 

I can post the output Log but was wondering if you had any ideas. Im going to continue to try to get it to load on my own and will post back with any findings I have going forward as well.

Okay, so I have good news and bad news.

Someone in my discord reported a similar issue. Except for them, it let them spawn into the game, started the animation and then just crashed with the same error you're reporting.

I had a small SSD spare (256GB) so I put that in my laptop, installed Ubuntu 20.04 and had exactly the same problem.

From what I can tell, it's related to the custom assets the mod uses, PROBABLY the shader. So I think re-building them in unity will sort it out.

But... i'm likely going to have to rebuld them all for A19 anyway, so i'm not planning to do that until after A19 is in experimental, which I honestly think is going to be this month.

7 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day KhaineGB

 

Just wanted to Thank You .. But it would have been easier If I REMEMBERED to turn on the  debugmenu .. sometimes I wonder if I'm just getting OLD. Lol

 

Have a great week and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

 

PS: what do the numbers mean next to them style or type of clothing ?? _ 1 - 5 ( first one I dropped onto some barbwire, she screamed a bit _ missed the mark you could say )

Yeah, the numbers are just different syles of hair/clothing/armor. They're all the same stat-wise :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 3:30 AM, JunkTurretJunky said:

Hello.
I was doing a class quest, but in the quest to defeat the enemy with the weapon I got while the quest was in progress, I had the same weapon but with better quality, so I discarded the weapon I got.
Then, the quest stopped progressing.
Is there any way to recover in this case?
I tried to create a blank class paper after abandoning the quest and start the class quest again from the beginning, but I couldn't.

Did you put a mod on the new weapon ?  i had something similar i had a scrap iron axe in my inventory that the quest wasn't regestering and i was wondering why i then took the mod i had it off and it instantly accepted it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First to start I would like to thank you for the work you put in on this mod. I bought this game for a friend and tried introducing him to this mod but I am running into an error that I haven’t encountered. I started a new map and load into it the first time fine. He can also join it fine. But the moment it is brought down upon relaunching the save next time it throws an error. Says index is out of range. Any help or fixes would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first off i'd like to thank the Author of this mod for his time n effort  i've for the most part found it fairly enjoyable , though i'm  quite new to 7dtd joining just before alpha 18 was released so have had to get used to some things i've only heard youtubers comment about. 
  as for some input though, i think your first page needs at least some updating it doesn't include the scavenger class on it and i'm not sure if other classes are missing there either. 

 also as for the ramp up i've also found it a tad extreme  on the 7th day i mean i was barely  a lvl 10 and had cops and frozen zombies  come in for the horde along with irradiated  and i'm playing on the default difficulty. my base which in normal difficulty can survive the day 14 horde when i'm at lvl 25+ was anhialated, i hadn't even found any missile weapons only had a pipe pistol that i'd made ( down to pure luck ) as  next game i tried i found  several guns. i survived . . .the night barely but pretty much had to restart due to  knowing i'd not survive the next horde night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...