Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

9 hours ago, Akko said:

I don't have the mod installed yet or anything but i was wondering if there's pre-made maps we could look at? Or is it just load up a world and pray to the RNG gods for a decent world

There are pre-made maps included. The Medium maps have previews but the small ones dont.

6 hours ago, Luckyy said:

We started a group run of Darkness Falls on a pingperfect server and the mod is amazing, however in our instance it has one huge issue. When entering a place of interest there are no zombies, then all of a sudden they all seem to spawn at once at approximately 30 seconds in to the building. It is absolutely infuriating being swarmed by 12 zombies after not having any around and destroys the sneak perks we have.

Has anyone had this issue? Could it be a settings issue? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Welcome to 7DTD's sleeper system.

Try editing your serverconfig file to increase the MaxSpawnedZombies. That CAN help, but the problem is sleeper volumes can overlap, so if one sleeper volume is spawned, the other won't because they overlap.

So what happens is you're technically inside another one, kill all the sleepers from the previous one, THEN the other volume spawns.

And yes, it's really annoying. :D

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Having an issue and was wondering if anyone can help? Its only 2 of us on a Server and after a few minutes to maybe an hour it stops responding. Nothing can be looted, the sound stops, and zombies/npc stop responding. We have 12gb Ram, and using the DFalls-Medium3 World map. It never hits more than 80 to 88% of the ram. After leaving the server, I have to restart the server before we can join again and interact with anything until it happens again.  Anti cheat is disabled, no other mods are installed. Also completely reinstalled the game, and mod using the mod loader/launcher. Thanks for any help given.

Try increasing the paging file for the server. Sounds like you're running out of RAM.

If it's an actual dedicated server, make sure your CPU is running at the correct speed, cos I had this issue when my server was in power saving mode and running at 1ghz...

Greetings KhaineGB!

I've been playing Darkness falls for the past month with some friends online and we're really enjoying it. Thanks a ton for making it! :D

I just wanted to bring to your attention I saw Gupycur/Adreden worked out a real neat time system that might be a good fit for Darkness falls. For example I think it would be real cool that if you find a watch and equip it, that it would then show the time on the UI while equipped and this mod seemingly does that. Whatcha think?

Source:

Time mod video in question:

Hey!

I just downloaded the mod today but there's a problem where the buildings are floating. I've got the 7 days to die actual thing in steam set to 18.4 stable like the mod says it should be. I've created 2 worlds and they both have the same problem. Looking forward to a reply :).

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I already have my own time system sorted out.

The watch is now a wrist-slot item and shows the time as a buff in the bottom left. :)

That's so cool!! 🥳 We didn't find a watch yet in our game, I was just going off lets plays I've seen in the past where you had to use the watch in an item slot to show the time.

Is the time system you mention above in play for Darkness falls for A18.4 (so it's in game now) or is it something you have planned for A19?

2 hours ago, SandarClaws said:

Hey!

I just downloaded the mod today but there's a problem where the buildings are floating. I've got the 7 days to die actual thing in steam set to 18.4 stable like the mod says it should be. I've created 2 worlds and they both have the same problem. Looking forward to a reply :).

Try a different map. Sometimes if you use a game name you've already used before, it causes this issue.

It's an A18 vanilla issue. Turned up... 18.1 or 18.2? One of those.

10 minutes ago, ryeookin said:

That's so cool!! 🥳 We didn't find a watch yet in our game, I was just going off lets plays I've seen in the past where you had to use the watch in an item slot to show the time.

Is the time system you mention above in play for Darkness falls for A18.4 (so it's in game now) or is it something you have planned for A19?

It's planned for A19. Tested and working on A18.4, but will be in the A19 version :)

Hi KhaineGB,

First of all, let me say I'm really impressed you have kept on this mod for so long and have been so responsive to everyone here. I appreciate it!

As for my question, I was wondering if multiplayer worked on this mod similarly to base game. I am downloading the client version of the mod, and I'll be installing it soon. But in order for my friends to join (also running client version), do i simply click "New Game" on main menu and set a visibility option? Or do we need to find an independent server to run our game? I would really prefer to run the game locally rather than renting a server (similar to how the base game operates).

Thanks in advance

Greetings! Just tried to place a baby animal and it did the hand motion, but nothing was placed... the baby is now gone from the inventory as well. How do we get started with raising animals?

Also, by chance is there a proper wiki for this mod? just curious. :)

Love the mod so much, just got my irrigation system successfully installed and crops grown nicely.

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Both work on 18.4. Experimental has some extra features we were testing out, but they had bugs hence why they didn't get rolled into the stable branch.

But the A19 version is going to be based off the experimental one. :)

Cool!  I'll stick with that one then! :D

51 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdam said:

Can you use NitroGen and use Special Zones "Add many Darkness Fall Zones" with Combo Pack 43 and use that map with the Darkness Falls Overhaul mod in the ModLauncher?

Nitro+ CP works fine with this mod.

The only issue I found was there were far too many irradiated craters, and I haven't figured out how to reduce their number as yet.

31 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdam said:

So would you use Nitrogen with combo pack or just the regular DF pre-made maps? 

I have used Nitro by itself, and with Compo Pack in DF.

The DF maps are good, but I wanted 16k maps to use DF on.

Had no issues, other than, as I stated, the large amount of irradiated craters, which bar you from exploring a good portion of the map early game.

42 minutes ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

I have used Nitro by itself, and with Compo Pack in DF.

The DF maps are good, but I wanted 16k maps to use DF on.

Had no issues, other than, as I stated, the large amount of irradiated craters, which bar you from exploring a good portion of the map early game.

Cool thank you the only issue I had with nitrogen and combo pack with Darkness Falls when I got to the fall zones some of the textures weren't in. It was just a plain gray solid color ground 

6 hours ago, PardusTacitus said:

Hi KhaineGB,

First of all, let me say I'm really impressed you have kept on this mod for so long and have been so responsive to everyone here. I appreciate it!

As for my question, I was wondering if multiplayer worked on this mod similarly to base game. I am downloading the client version of the mod, and I'll be installing it soon. But in order for my friends to join (also running client version), do i simply click "New Game" on main menu and set a visibility option? Or do we need to find an independent server to run our game? I would really prefer to run the game locally rather than renting a server (similar to how the base game operates).

Thanks in advance

Yep, it works mostly the same. Usually I start the game, then my wife alt-tabs out to the steam friends list, right-clicks my name and selects join game and that works.

5 hours ago, Elphame_Gold said:

Greetings! Just tried to place a baby animal and it did the hand motion, but nothing was placed... the baby is now gone from the inventory as well. How do we get started with raising animals?

Also, by chance is there a proper wiki for this mod? just curious. :)

Love the mod so much, just got my irrigation system successfully installed and crops grown nicely.

Animals are bugged. Said that a few times in this thread. ;)

And nope.

I'm looking for some help with getting up and started using this mod, i had problems when trying to use the launcher with a constant "sharpsvn.dll" error when trying to pre-sync the mod and it just loading the vanilla game when trying to launch the mod. From what people were saying was to install the 2010 version pf C++ which didn't work for me. I instead opted to manually install the mod which went fine and i could launch it but there was not text in the main menu other than the title and the same when I tried to create a save. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I've gotten this error 3 separate times over the past 2 weeks. It results in a wiped profile, except for the inventory. Armor, levels and skill points are reset/gone.

No error on game close before hand and happens randomly. The message that repeat, repeats a hundred times or so.

Installed via mod launcher and I have added modlets. This never happened when I used to  manually install, w/ same modlets.

Any ideas?

Edit: As soon as my screen loads, the expected health/stamina bar levels are present, then immediately shift down to basic.

loading1.png

loading2.png

Edited by Raikken (see edit history)

On 6/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, LeaveItToLiam said:

I'm looking for some help with getting up and started using this mod, i had problems when trying to use the launcher with a constant "sharpsvn.dll" error when trying to pre-sync the mod and it just loading the vanilla game when trying to launch the mod. From what people were saying was to install the 2010 version pf C++ which didn't work for me. I instead opted to manually install the mod which went fine and i could launch it but there was not text in the main menu other than the title and the same when I tried to create a save. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Did you put the mod into a sub-folder in your 7DTD directory?

On 6/26/2020 at 9:38 PM, Raikken said:

I've gotten this error 3 separate times over the past 2 weeks. It results in a wiped profile, except for the inventory. Armor, levels and skill points are reset/gone.

No error on game close before hand and happens randomly. The message that repeat, repeats a hundred times or so.

Installed via mod launcher and I have added modlets. This never happened when I used to  manually install, w/ same modlets.

Any ideas?

Edit: As soon as my screen loads, the expected health/stamina bar levels are present, then immediately shift down to basic.

loading1.png

loading2.png

Don't use modlets with DF. I changed WAY too much stuff for most of them to work. My guess is you are probably using a stack size increase, which is then causing shunk corruption and because your character is in the chunk, it's killing your profile.

29 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdam said:

Is this what Darkness Falls zones are supposed to look like with this ground texture? I'm playing on NitroGen with the Combo Pack and the red zones look like this. Is this normal or how do I fix it? Thanks! I did not get any errors when loading in.

Broken DF.jpg

That's just Doc Brown testing his new time machine. It's fine. ;)

Don't use the DF zones in nitrogen. I removed the requirement for them to make things easier.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you put the mod into a sub-folder in your 7DTD directory?

Don't use modlets with DF. I changed WAY too much stuff for most of them to work. My guess is you are probably using a stack size increase, which is then causing shunk corruption and because your character is in the chunk, it's killing your profile.

That's just Doc Brown testing his new time machine. It's fine. ;)

Don't use the DF zones in nitrogen. I removed the requirement for them to make things easier.

Ohhh okay! Thanks I wont. But it looks like you use Combo pack 43 in your experimental anyways. So I really don't need to make a map unless i wanna be picky.

Would you recommend your premade maps or nitrogen with combo pack 43?

Am I missing out on anything not using your maps?

Edited by MrSamuelAdam (see edit history)

Hi, thank you for the great mod.

Am I right, that the Titanium Spiked Club (unlocked by master security) does not exist? There is simple titanium club, unlocked by titanium crafting, but there is no Spiked Club.