Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

21 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I personally leave loot at 100%.
100 zombies, leave animals as default, bloodmoon every 7 days, 60 min days, warrior difficulty, air drops every 3 and I usually leave the marker on.

Cool. 

Thank you for your input. I was very close to that as well! Do you play one life and game over? 

Khaine after all these years following you I have to ask you: is there anything we can do to help you? Any mechanical, copy paste work that is boring that a monkey could do? I myself don't know anything about proper coding, but if it's possible and easy I would gladly help in my freetime,your work is amazing 

Sadly not. A lot of the crap I do is sort-of copy/paste, but it's knowing where to copy from, where to paste to and how to adjust for what I want it to do.

Fan transations of mod content are always welcome though. I'll be trying to make sure any new DF items/perks/etc will always be at the bottom of the localization file.

Question, How are we supposed to Craft an Advanced Forge when we can't make Forged Steel without an Advanced Forge? The Regular Forge wont let me put in a Crucible to make Forged Steel so Im kinda stuck.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:37 PM, Prisma501 said:

Clicked -> Direct download started -> thumbs up :)

Cheers

Edited by AndreausWhitefyre (see edit history)

Nice job on the mod Khaine, but I gotta ask.....is this supposed to happen lol (see pics below)?

I saw a flat surface area on the map so I thought it would be a good place to build on since it was also near a couple of traders.  I went there, killed a couple Z's, then as soon as I looted a garbage bag (probably my 3rd one) all hell broke loose.  The ground block below the garbage bag was the first to go.  The area to the left of my gun in the first pic is where it was at and where it started. 

This has been going for about 5 minutes before the pics and is still going.  I tried to go into a different region of the map to see if it would stop but nope. 

This is DFalls-Medium map at about 1600N 40E btw. I'm just wondering if this was intentional or not? 

KMSD98c.png

FGczKey.jpg

Edited by Sal (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Nope, it's not.

But all the maps are being remade for A19 anyways.

Ah ok cool. Gotcha.  I started another game just to test it and the same thing happened when I picked up a rock.  I reverted back to A18 just to play the mod in stable condition but it's not game breaking or anything so it's no biggie.  

Keep up the good work man.  Looking forward the A19 version.  You need anyone to test for you and give feedback? 

Hi Khaine, 

After playing a bunch of SP with  no issues, I convinced some friends to play and we got a server. We're 5 days in and so far everything seems to be working correctly.. except for one thing. Our wasteland circles don't seem to have radiation. We can walk through them without needing a hazmat suit. Any ideas what might be causing that? 

On 7/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, Sal said:

Nice job on the mod Khaine, but I gotta ask.....is this supposed to happen lol (see pics below)?

I saw a flat surface area on the map so I thought it would be a good place to build on since it was also near a couple of traders.  I went there, killed a couple Z's, then as soon as I looted a garbage bag (probably my 3rd one) all hell broke loose.  The ground block below the garbage bag was the first to go.  The area to the left of my gun in the first pic is where it was at and where it started. 

This has been going for about 5 minutes before the pics and is still going.  I tried to go into a different region of the map to see if it would stop but nope. 

This is DFalls-Medium map at about 1600N 40E btw. I'm just wondering if this was intentional or not? 

KMSD98c.png

FGczKey.jpg

Is that a poi under ground lol

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Are you level 5 or lower?

Cos I put protection in for that so you don't get screwed on spawn.

Ahhh... that might have been it. We were probably right around level when we noticed it. I've gone above level 5.. so i will check next time i log in. 

Thanks for the quick reply :)

7 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Is that a poi under ground lol

Yup.

I mean, it looks cool, but not intended :)

5 hours ago, Chronicguy said:

Ahhh... that might have been it. We were probably right around level when we noticed it. I've gone above level 5.. so i will check next time i log in. 

Thanks for the quick reply :)

No problem :)

So our level was the reason. Thanks Khaine. 

One more question I've been meaning ask. Any idea why the mod might use way more ram than necessary? I have 32gb ram.. and I've gotten some low memory warnings from time to time. I decided to check ram usage.... it was using 26gb. 

On 7/11/2020 at 7:29 PM, RottenBeefJerky said:

This has probably been asked somewhere in the 211 previous pages, but I can't seem to find it...Is it possible to use the A18 updated surface boulder textures with DF?

Yes but you'll have to go add them all into the biomes.xml manually.

I removed them because I didnt like it.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:35 PM, CrownScorpion said:

ok thank you glad there is a modder that takes the time to respond to peoples questions 

I do try. :)

19 hours ago, Chronicguy said:

So our level was the reason. Thanks Khaine. 

One more question I've been meaning ask. Any idea why the mod might use way more ram than necessary? I have 32gb ram.. and I've gotten some low memory warnings from time to time. I decided to check ram usage.... it was using 26gb. 

Larger maps use more RAM. Navezgane was using 13GB on my 32GB system.

On A19, it's using closer to 8GB right now.