Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'm macking some shoot, but the technological tree is "gray"...i'm lvl2 in speed, but the "hp perk and regen perk" don't work ( i use 2 shots )

I'm lvl 3 in tech skill

The screenshot didn't work. Maybe upload it to imgur or something like that? Then hopefully it'll work and I can see what hte problem is :)

So I'm playing 17.4. Ink now costs black dye, eggs, and honey. It says campfire or oven to make (oven is cheapest on mats). The oven doesn't give craft button for ink. As a side question, why is ink so hard to get now? It was a chore to get all the notes needed, but now we must rely on RNG for black dye as well as ink. This is stone-walling me atm. Mod has been great til this.

RNG ? Ink is craftable for black dye which is craftable from red, yellow and green dye.

Green dye is made by bottled water and plant fiber => Easy

Yellow dye is made of blue and red dye.

Blue dye is made of snowberries and bottledwater => Easy

Red dye is made of tomatoes and bottledwater => little harder to find but not really hard either.

Then you go and make 4 green, 4 Blue, 8Red into 4 Yellow => 4 black.

This is made in the chemistry station

Then you need eggs (easy) and honey (harder) but buyable for dirt cheap at the trader (i always buy them just in case)

For scrapping notes, the best way i found was to buy books from the trader and scrap then. For 800 which is kinda cheap since it's like 2 weapons to sell.

Hope you have answers

I put these two quotes together because they relate to each other.

As FFW said, you can MAKE black dye, so you absolutely do not need to rely on RNG to find it in order to make ink.

However, in the latest experimental, I've re-done trader quest rewards so schematics and skill notes are now more likely, the trader is now likely to stock "crops"... so tomatos, and I changed the yellow dye to use goldenrod as someone in the discord kinda pointed out that was a thing and I'd forgotten. :D

So that should make it way easier to make black dye. Also don't forget you can get honey from tree stumps (destroy them) and hornets.

Had a strange issue with our advanced forge last night. You could see a flame underneath it and when you clicked on the forge you received an error that "The array is out of bounds" and you could not access the forge or its contents. Had to destroy the forge. Anyone come across this issue??

The particle effect thing is just an issue with non-vanilla models using the forge class. You can ignore that bit.

The error seems to only happen if folks are using modlets, because I've been unable to reproduce it on a completely unmodified version of the mod.

does anyone have conection issues ? i want to play with my friend but hes conection timeout sometimes he play without discord but it takes to long

I haven't. Does he have limited RAM? 16GB is really recommended for the mod. If he has 8GB, stick to using DFalls-Navezgane for your map.

Hi Khaine,

I have a question related to quests. I got a lot of quests in the same Poi. Are they fixed Poi quest or is it randomizable ? Is it your mod or vanilla ?

Also Crafting quests could be a thing ? Maybe ? Because since it's a crafting game i was wondering. Like you know... Craft 4 minibikes or some ♥♥♥♥ like this.

Hi Khaine,

I have a question related to quests. I got a lot of quests in the same Poi. Are they fixed Poi quest or is it randomizable ? Is it your mod or vanilla ?

Also Crafting quests could be a thing ? Maybe ? Because since it's a crafting game i was wondering. Like you know... Craft 4 minibikes or some ♥♥♥♥ like this.

The quest system is basically vanilla. It searches for nearby POI's that are valid (based on tier and type of quest) and then just picks them. So yeah, that's a vanilla thing.

I actually want to do crafting quests but can't get it to work properly. It doesn't remove the items from the player.

i reupload the screenshot...

the forum appair capricious....:cocksure:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28898[/ATTACH]

Aha. I see the issue.

You have Biological Boost perks unlocked.

You can only take the tech ones OR the bio ones. Not both. ;)

The quest system is basically vanilla. It searches for nearby POI's that are valid (based on tier and type of quest) and then just picks them. So yeah, that's a vanilla thing.

I actually want to do crafting quests but can't get it to work properly. It doesn't remove the items from the player.

Throwing stupid ideas maybe but could you maybe reuse the old system of TFP ? The one where tools were breaking ? It used to destroy the item. maybe switch the quest item to the object class with the status destroyed (if that's even possible). Or for example you could make the crafted item into the same kind of object that the courrier satcheL ? I guess it would need another recipe though and that might be a problem.

Another idea could be... A mod you can insert of the object that makes it a quest item ? Something along those lines.

The problem is that fetch quests use this.

<objective type="FetchFromContainer">
<property name="phase" value="3" />
<property name="quest_item_ID" value="1" />
<property name="item_count" value="1" />
<property name="default_container" value="cntFetchQuestSatchel" />
</objective>

I'm still trying to work out what the hell quest_item_ID refers to because I can't find anything in the items.xml file.

The problem is that fetch quests use this.

<objective type="FetchFromContainer">
<property name="phase" value="3" />
<property name="quest_item_ID" value="1" />
<property name="item_count" value="1" />
<property name="default_container" value="cntFetchQuestSatchel" />
</objective>

I'm still trying to work out what the hell quest_item_ID refers to because I can't find anything in the items.xml file.

Can't tell you. I know how to code but... for work. I never touched 7dtd modding. Could be that there's a quest item table which contains only the stachel and satchel is 1 ? Or it's hardcoded and your ♥♥♥♥ed but from what i gathered people are abble to touch almost everything in this game.

Don't you have a quest_item table somewhere ?

Nope. The container it's stored in is listed, but that container has an empty loot list.

Quests.xml doesn't seem to have a list and I'm having a right ballache finding it in the DLL file. Soooooo yeah. :D

What program to you use to open the dll ? And what folder. Can try to search. Don't think i'll find anything but you never know

EDIT : or yes... ask the dev. Much better idea XD (didn't saw the guppycur comment before posting :p)

Khain,

i hope you can help me. My game is doing this upon loading

error_7dtd.thumb.jpg.619883e42950c9c2e3908d9dba2f259a.jpg

There was a panic healing with bandage and i think the error is from that. We relaunched the game and it's doing this immediatly. Is our game dead ?

I tried to eat glass but it's not even killing me

Maybe remove debuff command (but it's a normal game, didn't set the dedi for DF because it eats too much ram). But what debuff should i type ?

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

Yep, you're kinda screwed I'm afraid. On a dedi, you can just reboot the server and that clears the buff. Via steam, you can't.

Since I'm planing for V2.3 (2.21 got renamed) to be out on Monday, I'd either wait or I'd restart with the experimental build.... since the build going out on monday is basically exactly the same as the experimental.

Yep, you're kinda screwed I'm afraid. On a dedi, you can just reboot the server and that clears the buff. Via steam, you can't.

Since I'm planing for V2.3 (2.21 got renamed) to be out on Monday, I'd either wait or I'd restart with the experimental build.... since the build going out on monday is basically exactly the same as the experimental.

When you say restart you mean restarting from level 1 from scratch ? Or will the 2.3 update correct my current game ?

Do you know the buff ID of AOEHEALING ? so i can try with console commands ?

It's one of these depending on the item used.

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="selfAOE" range="2" buff="buffMedicalBandage" target_tags="player"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="selfAOE" range="2" buff="buffFirstAidKit" target_tags="player"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="selfAOE" range="2" buff="buffSterileBandage" target_tags="player"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="selfAOE" range="2" buff="buffParame♥♥♥♥it" target_tags="player"/>

And I mean restart from scratch/level 1, because v2.3 WILL reset characters unless you follow a very specific set of instructions before updating. :)

Ok so i found how to do it.

- type dm (since console is open anyway)

- Smatch like crazy Escape + F1 until debug mode open

- Suicide

And i got out of the loop

Ok so... I think we will follow the steps because we don't have a lot of game time. Meaning a day 60 game is like 3 weeks for us ;)

Btw : can i edit one of those file to make bandage not be abble to heal another player so we don't get a panic crash again ? ;)

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

It's 4:30am Monday morning here in the UK, which means that Darkness Falls V2.3 is now available on the mod launcher for everyone to enjoy :smiley: This release doesn't add many "new" things, it is mostly a bug fixing, balance pass and tweak update.... but there's a lot. Please back up your saves first and do not update if you do not want your character to be reset. There is a workaround, which will be posted.

Changes as follows.

• Updated DMT to fix Linux issues.
  • Survivalist torch now drops the survivalist torch when destroyed.
  • Survivalist torch now emits light. (incorrect prefab)
  • Localization fixed for the ink.
  • Ranged NPC's will now use ranged attacks.
  • Quest giver NPC's now set to a static spawner on interaction to prevent despawn.
  • Farm animals set to use a static spawner at all times. This means they shouldn't despawn.
  • Spear power attack is now a bit faster.
  • Random World Previewer now has the radiated biome included in the colors thing at the bottom.
  • Random World Previewer localization finished off so it looks less like a hot mess.
  • Added Hollow Point ammo to guns, cos I forgot.
  • ALL mastery perks now require player level 50 in addition to finishing the class quest.
  • Mastery book probability reduced from 25% to 5%.
  • Inceased crafting requirements of the Advanced Forge.
  • Minibike is now made in the workbench.
  • Added Myth's Bloodmoon Engine Killer.
  • Updated Sphereii's EAITasks mod.
  • Guns can now use HP ammo.
  • HP ammo has been tweaked to do the same damage as steel cased ammo, but no degradation penalty.
  • Spear no longer counts as a tool.
  • Combat Axe no longer counts as a tool.
  • Combat Axe does the same base damage as the hunting knife, but with an increased dismemberment chance.
  • Combat Shotgun can now take the Rod and Spring mod.
  • Hunter now has an Advanced Extended Mag mod as part of their mastery.
  • Survivalist now has the Mega Crush recipe as part of their mastery.
  • Mega crush now gives a small increase to melee damage in addition to the speed increase.
  • Added an Armor Shredder gun mod.
  • All compo pack POI's edited for quest compatibility and better balance. (may only take effect on new game)
  • Added Myth's tweaked gamestages for hordes and sleepers.
  • Bombers now take less damage at 50% HP or lower.
  • Food and Water can now go below 25%.
  • Gun sounds rebalanced because some were way too low.
  • Silencers now give an 80% noise reduction to ALL guns. Yes, even the ones in the mod that didn't work properly.
  • Increased food poisoning chance on canned food.
  • Added a 10% chance of a "rotten food" buff on crops. (cannot be cured. You have to wait it out)
  • Max Spawned Zombies is now a menu option for single player.
  • Max Spawned Animals is now a menu option for single player.
  • 1 to 5 claim blocks is now an option for single player. (under the multiplayer tab)
  • Re-organised UI for bigger icons in the backpack.
  • Added Super Corn to loot lists as a very rare drop in-case RWG doesn't spawn the POI.
  • Ability to heal players removed from bandages due to currently unfixble NRE.
  • Ability to disconnect wires removed from the advanced wire tool due to NRE I need to track down.
  • Fixed gun localization to state they are made in the Workbench, not the backpack.
  • Added a hunger and thirst tick that fires every 6 hours to simulate the bodies natural need for food/drink.
  • All coilrounds now only give 1 per craft, not 10.
  • Coilrounds now use STEEL bullet casings, not brass.
  • Coilbattery now gives 10 per craft, not 1.
  • Coilbattery cannot be scrapped.
  • Brass catcher cannot be installed in coilguns.
  • Yellow Dye now uses Goldenrod plants.
  • Trader was selling electrical items without better barter, which is not intended.
  • Tweaked food trader has for sale.
  • Added Carrots and Tomatos to the trader lists.
  • Increased titanium ore HP.
  • Fixed an NRE with the wandering trader that happened if you talked to him with DM on.
  • Fixed a couple of issues with the bunkers.
  • Changed the spawner for the scifi portal to prevent issues with zombies spawning inside walls.
  • Boss zombies given the feral tag so they should be more dangerous.
  • Legendary zombies given the feral tag so they should be more dangerous.
  • Legendary lab zombies now give Infection 3.
  • Changed "Day length" options to 15 min increments, so it now goes 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120.
  • Tweaked gamestages so Nomad and Warrior aren't quite as harsh, but survivalist and insane have no chill.
  • Updated EntityAliveSDX to fix potential MP issues.
  • Increased the size of the dropped backpack to prevent lost items.
  • Player backpack now persists for 1 hour after death to allow time for near death to wear off.
  • Massively increased fireball delay for most demons so they can't rapid fire you.
  • Pickaxes rebalanced so they don't give as many resources (better material still means more resources though)
  • Fireaxes rebalanced so they don't give as many resources (same as above)
  • Added a small immunity to infection 1 after curing it (antibiotics and herbal antibiotics only)
  • Added a small immunity to fire after using a drink to cure it.
  • Quest rewards totally re-written.
  • Changed one of the lockable storage cabinets to a half block to match it's icon.
  • Fixed some minor issues with armor.
  • Overhauled zombie AI.
  • Added some scaling to the food/thirst ticks.
  • Added immunity to food/thirst ticks if you have the newbie buff.
  • Bloodmoon engine killer now has a tooltip warning (controlled by localization too!)
  • Hunter class now has a tracking ability. It is gained on finishing your class quest, and upgrades by obtaining your mastery.
  • Added a new, tweaked RWG mixer by Mythixdino.
  • Added Myth's Bloodmoon tweaks.
  • Added myth's RWG patch for smaller cities.
  • Added Myth's "Difficulty Modifier" patch. Zombies no longer have damage reduction at Warrior+. (they still do increased damage)
  • Added Myth's Bloodmoon Clear Up mod (kills biome spawned zombies on bloodmoon start).
  • Added Myth's Day Clear Up mod (kills night biome spawned zombies on day start).
  • Added Myth's No Sleeper HP Bar mod (sleepers do not show the health bar until they wake up).
  • Added Myth's Quest Range alteration... thing. Basically, quests should now be closer to the trader.

As mentioned, due to editing the trader quests for better rewards, characters CAN and will be reset. The workaround for this is to remove all the edited quests from your journal (yes, even if they have been completed.)

So what you would need to do is press F1 to open the console and use the removequest command. List of quest names are as follows.

Trader Quest list.

tier1_clear
tier1_fetch
tier1_buried_supplies

tier2_clear
tier2_fetch
tier2_hidden_cache
tier2_fetch_clear

tier3_clear
tier3_fetch
tier3_hidden_cache
tier3_fetch_clear
tier3_hidden_clear

tier4_clear
tier4_fetch
tier4_hidden_cache
tier4_fetch_clear
tier4_hidden_clear

tier5_clear
tier5_fetch
tier5_hidden_cache
tier5_fetch_clear
tier5_hidden_clear

quest_tier1complete
quest_tier2complete
quest_tier3complete
quest_tier4complete
quest_tier5complete

Other Quest List.

challenge_silenceofthelambs
challenge_drunkanddisorderly
challenge_nurseyoubacktohealth
challenge_starvingtourists
challenge_dogdaysareover
challenge_itsybitsyspider
challenge_ladykiller
challenge_maneater
challenge_yournothingspecial
challenge_imalumberjackandimokay
challenge_blitzdefense
challenge_givemeaz
challenge_dishonorabledischarge
challenge_cableguysnevermadeit

If you do that, you should be able to update and not lose character progress. However, you WILL restart at T1 of trader quests, but I think that's an acceptable compromise.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Questions sir :

What are the meaning of those lines :

- Added Myth's Bloodmoon Engine Killer. mean ?

- All compo pack POI's edited for quest compatibility and better balance. (may only take effect on new game)

- Added Myth's tweaked gamestages for hordes and sleepers.

- Bombers now take less damage at 50% HP or lower.

- Legendary zombies given the feral tag so they should be more dangerous. => What are legendary zombies ? Mutated ?

- Player backpack now persists for 1 hour after death to allow time for near death to wear off.

- Pickaxes rebalanced so they don't give as many resources (better material still means more resources though) => Does this means Auger will beat pickaxe again ?

As always. I feel that people need to tell you this more but. Thank you :) What you are doing is awesome. Love your mod.

Questions sir :

What are the meaning of those lines :

- All compo pack POI's edited for quest compatibility and better balance. (may only take effect on new game)

- Added Myth's tweaked gamestages for hordes and sleepers.

- Bombers now take less damage at 50% HP or lower.

- Legendary zombies given the feral tag so they should be more dangerous. => What are legendary zombies ? Mutated ?

- Player backpack now persists for 1 hour after death to allow time for near death to wear off.

- Pickaxes rebalanced so they don't give as many resources (better material still means more resources though) => Does this means Auger will beat pickaxe again ?

As always. I feel that people need to tell you this more but. Thank you :) What you are doing is awesome. Love your mod.

^ What do you think it means... ;)

Ferals with slightly more HP, hit slightly harder but don't regen like radiated zombies.

No.

Auger = fast but creates noise.

Pickaxe = Slower but not likely to summon a screamer.

Oh man! Can't wait to get home and try this! :D

But I gotta ask, i know it's been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I cant find the post :( , how did the POI look with the laserbench?

I think I recall tents was mentioned and that it would be in wasteland, but not the radiated part of it?.

Running RWG and have been mapping out the majority of an 8K map now!

This screenshot was taken when it was in the rad biome, but that is no longer the case. It still looks the same in terms of tents though.

7_Days_To_Die-21-15-10-11-05.jpg

!!

I found that POI yesterday and got super hyped but I only found 4 gunsafes in the large tent. Gonna return and look again! :D