Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Wait.

Is it a linux server?

EDIT: About to go to bed since it's 5-something am. So gonna leave this here just on the off chance it IS a server running on Linux.

Temp fix for linux. It's a DMT bug.

Go into Mods/DarknessFalls. Copy ModInfo.xml and paste it into that same folder. Rename the copy to modInfo.xml (with the small m).

So that means you should have a ModInfo.xml (needed to load all the icons) and a modInfo.xml (needed to load the DMT DLL's)

The bug has since been fixed in DMT, but I'm working on some other bugs before I push that fix since there's a workaround.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Wait.

Is it a linux server?

EDIT: About to go to bed since it's 5-something am. So gonna leave this here just on the off chance it IS a server running on Linux.

Temp fix for linux. It's a DMT bug.

Go into Mods/DarknessFalls. Copy ModInfo.xml and paste it into that same folder. Rename the copy to modInfo.xml (with the small m).

So that means you should have a ModInfo.xml (needed to load all the icons) and a modInfo.xml (needed to load the DMT DLL's)

The bug has since been fixed in DMT, but I'm working on some other bugs before I push that fix since there's a workaround.

That did it! Thanks so much for the help!

I will start with one big THANKS!

This mod made the game fun again, both me and the rest of my 7 Days buddies gave up shortly after A17.0 since it was quite...awful.

But with this we're all having a blast (except we all hate the tiny iconsize in the inventory :p )

We have found a couple of bugs and issues to report though.

Running on my Dedicated Windows Server on a 8K RWG map.

*Wrenching stuffs gives xp for scavenging

*It seems like opening any container gives scavenging xp, even containers in our bases.

*Having full ranks in Parkour seems to give health when jumping down 15-20 blocks.

*We found a birdnest, which was named "Air", and gives a Nullref when used.

*Somewhere seemingly near/in wasteland the server starts throwing

(Filename: Line: 897)

Invalid Layer Index '1

and continue to spam this until the server is restarted.

*The Big forge's particle effect in the chimney is misaligned and floats in the air next to it.

*The Advanced forge is not updating while inside the crafting UI, also would be nice to be able to turn off for screamer-heat cooloff.

*The Steel Crossbow won't start reloading until we zoom out.

*Miner 69er seems like it gives a bit too much raw materials, getting flooded with clay, sand, wood and stone very fast. (iron and steel tools)

*The CCTV needs to be linked up once per player to work for them.

*The airdrop spawns a bunch of zombies underneath when looted for no reason.

*The survivors/wandering traders are walking/standing in spikes (might not be possible to fix due to game AI limits?)

*This is probably a gamebug, but all landclaim blocks dont seem to work. (We set it to 5 per player in the config) but sleeperzombies still

spawn inside the 'protected' areas :( (one claim is in a military base where I removed all buildings so there is absolutely no sleeper left)

Since it's RWG it might be a moot point, but traders seems to spawn very plentiful and many of them right next to eachother.

How come the RWG uses the old gridlike system for cities btw?

And the last question: why does the arrows not stick anymore? :D

/The Holo

I will start with one big THANKS!

This mod made the game fun again, both me and the rest of my 7 Days buddies gave up shortly after A17.0 since it was quite...awful.

But with this we're all having a blast (except we all hate the tiny iconsize in the inventory :p )

We have found a couple of bugs and issues to report though.

Running on my Dedicated Windows Server on a 8K RWG map.

*Wrenching stuffs gives xp for scavenging

*It seems like opening any container gives scavenging xp, even containers in our bases.

*Having full ranks in Parkour seems to give health when jumping down 15-20 blocks.

*We found a birdnest, which was named "Air", and gives a Nullref when used.

*Somewhere seemingly near/in wasteland the server starts throwing

(Filename: Line: 897)

Invalid Layer Index '1

and continue to spam this until the server is restarted.

*The Big forge's particle effect in the chimney is misaligned and floats in the air next to it.

*The Advanced forge is not updating while inside the crafting UI, also would be nice to be able to turn off for screamer-heat cooloff.

*The Steel Crossbow won't start reloading until we zoom out.

*Miner 69er seems like it gives a bit too much raw materials, getting flooded with clay, sand, wood and stone very fast. (iron and steel tools)

*The CCTV needs to be linked up once per player to work for them.

*The airdrop spawns a bunch of zombies underneath when looted for no reason.

*The survivors/wandering traders are walking/standing in spikes (might not be possible to fix due to game AI limits?)

*This is probably a gamebug, but all landclaim blocks dont seem to work. (We set it to 5 per player in the config) but sleeperzombies still

spawn inside the 'protected' areas :( (one claim is in a military base where I removed all buildings so there is absolutely no sleeper left)

Since it's RWG it might be a moot point, but traders seems to spawn very plentiful and many of them right next to eachother.

How come the RWG uses the old gridlike system for cities btw?

And the last question: why does the arrows not stick anymore?

/The Holo

Glad you're all enjoying it, and don't worry about the inventory. I've been reworking it for 2.21. ;) Mmmkay, responding to your points.

1) Wrenching stuff is supposed to give scavenging XP.

2) That is sort-of a bug. Basically onSelfOpenLootContainer and onSelfLootContainer do NOT work on servers, but work on SP. To work around this, I had to add a buff to all containers that tick XP when you open them, which sadly means it can be exploited on empty containers. So... it's a bug... to fix a bug.. :D

3) Parkour giving health is a vanilla bug.

4) Huh. I'll keep an eye out for that birds nest. That shouldn't be a thing.

5) I've been looking for that layer 1 issue. I know what's causing it but the fact it's in the wasteland means it's one of the zombies that spawns out there, so you just helped me track it down. :)

6) Particle effect is also known. It won't turn off on non-vanilla forges. Been like that since A16 so I just ignored it.

7) Advanced Forge UI not updating is known on SOME servers... but not all. No idea why it does it. Also, it has no heat map so it won't summon screamers.

8) Known and currently not fixable. It's related to the animation controller, and I had to do it like that to get the bloody thing to work correctly. ;) Need to wait for TFP to fix their hold types before I can fix it properly.

9) That's intended for miner 69'er. It's because tools also give a resource bonus. In vanilla, better tools actually give you LESS resources because it doesn't scale with block damage (It's actually not worth going above iron in vanilla because of this). So I put a resource bonus on the tools to stop that happening... because it's annoying... and then the mining skill and miner 69'er gives you a bonus above that.

10) Intended. I wanted zombies spawning around the air drop, because it's a huge flare, but it just ended up causing a TON of lag. So I went with spawning zombies on supply crate destruction instead.

11) You're right. It's AI. They're not smart. ;)

12) Yep, that's a game bug. They'll also randomly turn off... same with bedrolls. It's especially bad in existing POI's because the game seems to try and "reset" them for some reason.

13) Not sure on the RWG. I know Mythixdino was working on it and is actually re-doing it AGAIN now.

14) Arrows don't stick because sticky arrows + non-vanilla model (like the behemoth or hornet) = model looking like it's been shot with a tomahawk missile which caused severe gameplay issues.

Hey all new to Darkness Falls. BA mod, just seem to be having one issue. How do I upgrade a re-enforced steel blocks to Titanium blocks? I have a ton an nothing to do with it. It seems odd to me you would have to build a new base once you get this material. Thanks in advance

So, I did a full re-install of the mod, started a new game and this time didn't build inside the trader as well as used that spawn increase code and day 7 is still not a blood moon. I'm not sure if I should just let it ride and maybe it'll work itself out or if there is something else going on.

Please advise.

Did you changed settings ? Because in Darkness falls. Default Blood moon is every 14 days not 7

14) Arrows don't stick because sticky arrows + non-vanilla model (like the behemoth or hornet) = model looking like it's been shot with a tomahawk missile which caused severe gameplay issues.

I kinda want a screenshot of that... Looks hilarious :p

Btw question. I don't understand how breeding works. Why do you keep animals ? For food i guess. So you need to kill them at some point but when ? Is there an extensive howTo for this ? (i read the one in the ig help)

And another one. My wife learned the winchester recipe book but she cannot build the winchester. It says just doesn't know the recipe. When she goes into her skill tree, it's marked in red with "disabled by level or requirements". But what level ? And what requirements ?

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

Did you changed settings ? Because in Darkness falls. Default Blood moon is every 14 days not 7

I kinda want a screenshot of that... Looks hilarious :p

Btw question. I don't understand how breeding works. Why do you keep animals ? For food i guess. So you need to kill them at some point but when ? Is there an extensive howTo for this ? (i read the one in the ig help)

And another one. My wife learned the winchester recipe book but she cannot build the winchester. It says just doesn't know the recipe. When she goes into her skill tree, it's marked in red with "disabled by level or requirements". But what level ? And what requirements ?

Chances are the missing requirement is gun crafting.

You can check here: https://www.perkalator.co.uk/src/Darkness-Falls

Animal Husbandry section of the journal tells you all you need to know, and yes you basically only keep them for meat... though the male wolves can be "hired" to follow you as guards.

And here's your screenshot.

7_Days_To_Die-05-56-15-25-07.jpg

I think there is a missed entry in Items.xml, for

gunPistol and gunSMG5

<property name="Magazine_items" value="ammo9mmBullet,ammo9mmBulletSteel"/> is missing the DFammo9mmHP entry for them to use the HP ammo available to craft

Just a quick question if anyone knows, I have been playing this mod with a buddy, we love it so far but on the 1st horde night (7th day) it was absolutely unmanageable.

There is no possible way we could deal with that amount. At one point there were like 30-40 glowing dogs, like 5 bears as soon as horde night started, 4-6 demons, and the normal continuous zombies.

Blood moon count was set to 16, theres no way that was the count.

Is there something we're missing?

Just a quick question if anyone knows, I have been playing this mod with a buddy, we love it so far but on the 1st horde night (7th day) it was absolutely unmanageable.

There is no possible way we could deal with that amount. At one point there were like 30-40 glowing dogs, like 5 bears as soon as horde night started, 4-6 demons, and the normal continuous zombies.

Turn it down to 8.

The bloodmoon count is PER PLAYER. That's why you had 30-ish things attacking you. Having said that, horde night is getting looked at again.

Trader Guards do not shot on zombie-animals.

Mostly intended since zombie dogs, zombie bears and vultures don't exactly path near the trader. It's only an issue on horde night.

Hint: Don't use the trader as a horde base. It can and will screw things up.

Wait till you get the second horde... 40 glowing dogs was easy (we died on first horde night too :p) Second one... We did it thanks to trader guards because we are fools and won't leave until it resets us and we cry :p

Khaine,

The Invalid Layer 1 is also happening in burnt forest. I've tested two different Biomes. One goes from desert to Burnt Forest and it immediately starts spitting the error. Another goes from forest to burnt forest and same thing. Exiting the area (burnt forest) fixes it. I'll look for zombies in the area when I see it again and see which ones are there.

Alright, being blunt, I'm not gonna be able to fix all of the layer 1 issues.

Burnt forest means it's likely Eve, and she's not my model.

All the stuff in the normal forest is fixed EXCEPT for the archer, which also isn't my model.

I've re-done all of mine with new controllers to try and fix it. If that doesn't fix it, TFP need to sort out their god awful server code.

EDIT: I WILL try some XML tweaks to see if I can do anything about it, but as mentioned, I remade all of my models to fix it, so it might be a case of "Sorry, deal with it"

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

So without knowing about only being able to choose Biological Boosts and Technological Boost. Is there no way to switch back from Technological to Biological? If not, might just stop playing since i 100% have a preference.

What do you mean ? You cannot pick points in the two trees ? Guess it's modifiable in Xmls if that's it but i don't know

Yeah the layer error doesn't bother me. I'm running 2.2 RWG and when I move far away from my "base" Zombies just stop spawning. Have to kill the server and restart it. No idea what's causing it other than weird chunk issues?

Aha. Now THAT is an easy fix.

You're hitting the max zombie limit. Find this in your server config.

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies"				value="60"/>

Increase it to 75 or 100

So without knowing about only being able to choose Biological Boosts and Technological Boost. Is there no way to switch back from Technological to Biological? If not, might just stop playing since i 100% have a preference.

No you can't. It does state you have to have one or the other on the lock icons for the perks.

Hi guys,

back to this mod again. hich should I play; stable or exp version?

thanks!

Stable. Experimental is currently unused.

Aha. Now THAT is an easy fix.

You're hitting the max zombie limit. Find this in your server config.

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies"				value="60"/>

Increase it to 75 or 100

No you can't. It does state you have to have one or the other on the lock icons for the perks.

Stable. Experimental is currently unused.

Thanks!

Btw, any good seed? :p