Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Thank you. The Zombies not spawning makes sense I guess, traveling a distance with stuff spawning does add up. I think I had set it to 65 when I launched, I'll crank that up :>

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything we can do with a destroyed demon portal or was I not supossed to be hitting it with my pickaxe? Also, is there any environmental reason to take them all down (demons-b-gone)?

Cheers!

You can loot them after for Demon Essence for making the shots in the Technology skill line. there are plenty of them, so killing a few is no big deal.

Khaine,

Getting an error when trying to log into my server. Will not let me in :/ Error loading assetbundle MechanicGarage.unity3d failed.

I did put up a couple mechanic benches before I logged last night. Restarting the server doesn't seem to help.

Edit:

Pre-synced and got in. hrmf

Edited by Barroom- (see edit history)

Hey Khaine, I got a few errors Array out of bounds while travelling (was naked a followed by a Vulture so i didn't take time to Screenshot) but question is what do you need when encoutering such errors ?

Screenshots ? Logs ? Location ? Time of day ? something like this ?

Hey again!

We have discovered a few new bugs, and an update on the birdnest named Air.

*The Birdnest named Air that causes nullref's seems to be part of POI's, found a sort of parkinglot with a large trailer that contained a few of those nests.

*The mutant zombie (i think it is, not using the HPbar modlet) seems to be having animation problems and mostly floats around in it's default T-Shape

*Some recipes like the metalTrussingBlockOld is missing from the advanced forge.

*The powered door seems to have some issue, this is a weird one and hard to duplicate I'd guess, this is how I did:

I built the iron door powered, and the relay. and then looked up on how to hookthem up, so i placed the door, and the relay two blocks underneat. and it closed when i hooked it up to my powergrid.

Then I placed a motion sensor above the door and hooked the cabling up and set the sensor to output when triggered. The door works fine.

I set the sensor to always output signal so I can leave the room, and in the morning I go out looting. (there is fuel left for days in the generator)

when I get to a building which was about 1Km from the base, I got nullrefsspamming on the server, so I restarted that one and logged back in.

after just a few minutes in the same building, I started getting nullref's on my client and had to shut down. This time I checked the log on my client and there was a bunch of

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BlockPoweredDoor.DoorAnimator (.BlockEntityData blockEntityData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DoorAutoTrigger.PlayAnimation (Boolean isOpen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DoorAutoTrigger.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The same nullrefs were in the serverlog from the first restart.

I assume those are related to that powered door. I logged in, hurried back to base (didnt nullref anymore so I think it might be something that happens after a time at a certain distance from the door.

I removed the door and the relay, and have since not had the error. (even went back to the same building I got the errors in first, no troubles)

And the last for now. The advanced wire tool gives an error when trying to leftclick to remove cables.

Thanks!

Btw, any good seed? :p

Well we just reworked RWG again... sooooo... probably not. :D

Hey Khaine, I got a few errors Array out of bounds while travelling (was naked a followed by a Vulture so i didn't take time to Screenshot) but question is what do you need when encoutering such errors ?

Screenshots ? Logs ? Location ? Time of day ? something like this ?

Output_log would be good. But I wouldn't be surprised if it were something to do with RWG chunk corruption, which is sadly a vanilla issue. >_<

Hey again!

We have discovered a few new bugs, and an update on the birdnest named Air.

*The Birdnest named Air that causes nullref's seems to be part of POI's, found a sort of parkinglot with a large trailer that contained a few of those nests.

*The mutant zombie (i think it is, not using the HPbar modlet) seems to be having animation problems and mostly floats around in it's default T-Shape

*Some recipes like the metalTrussingBlockOld is missing from the advanced forge.

*The powered door seems to have some issue, this is a weird one and hard to duplicate I'd guess, this is how I did:

I built the iron door powered, and the relay. and then looked up on how to hookthem up, so i placed the door, and the relay two blocks underneat. and it closed when i hooked it up to my powergrid.

Then I placed a motion sensor above the door and hooked the cabling up and set the sensor to output when triggered. The door works fine.

I set the sensor to always output signal so I can leave the room, and in the morning I go out looting. (there is fuel left for days in the generator)

when I get to a building which was about 1Km from the base, I got nullrefsspamming on the server, so I restarted that one and logged back in.

after just a few minutes in the same building, I started getting nullref's on my client and had to shut down. This time I checked the log on my client and there was a bunch of

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BlockPoweredDoor.DoorAnimator (.BlockEntityData blockEntityData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DoorAutoTrigger.PlayAnimation (Boolean isOpen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DoorAutoTrigger.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The same nullrefs were in the serverlog from the first restart.

I assume those are related to that powered door. I logged in, hurried back to base (didnt nullref anymore so I think it might be something that happens after a time at a certain distance from the door.

I removed the door and the relay, and have since not had the error. (even went back to the same building I got the errors in first, no troubles)

And the last for now. The advanced wire tool gives an error when trying to leftclick to remove cables.

Ooof. Lot of info, but it's all good, so thank you. :)

1) Me and Mythixdino actually reworked a lot of the compo pack POI's, so HOPEFULLY that error is now fixed.

2) That sounds like the night stalker. Also fixed. :)

3) Aha! Will check and add those later.

4) The powered doors mod actually isn't mine. So unfortunately there isn't too much I can do to actually fix it.

However I will see if I can reproduce it locally, and then see if me or Myth can fix up the C# scripts to stop it happening again. No promises though!

5) Advanced wire tool has had it's ability to disconnect power removed in 2.21. The normal wire tool can do it though. I have absolutely no idea why, so this is a temp fix until I can fix it properly. :)

Hey,

Thanks for this awesome mod!

Me and my gf seem to have a problem in MP where no traders spawn, no matter what map we try to play on.

We've tried different spots and all trader spots are just empty.

Is there a solution for this issue? I've seen other people reporting the same problem.

Thank you!

Heya,

Couple things.

Is there something I can do to speed up login times? It seems we sit on "Waiting for server" for a long long time. Server is a 12 Core Dell Power Edge with 128 GB of Ram an a GB connection.

(Actually just timed it, 2 minutes and 33 seconds).

Is there a pretty easy way to update the server with all the fixes you are putting in place? I use the mod launcher for the client, but for some reason my 2016 server does not like it. Copy Pasta the download for the server work fine? (from your link).

Edited by Barroom- (see edit history)

Hey,

Thanks for this awesome mod!

Me and my gf seem to have a problem in MP where no traders spawn, no matter what map we try to play on.

We've tried different spots and all trader spots are just empty.

Is there a solution for this issue? I've seen other people reporting the same problem.

Thank you!

It's an issue if using Linux for your server. This is the fix.

Temp fix for linux. It's a DMT bug.

Go into Mods/DarknessFalls. Copy ModInfo.xml and paste it into that same folder. Rename the copy to modInfo.xml (with the small m).

Issue is fixed in 2.21 experimental as DMT was updated. :)

Heya,

Couple things.

Is there something I can do to speed up login times? It seems we sit on "Waiting for server" for a long long time. Server is a 12 Core Dell Power Edge with 128 GB of Ram an a GB connection.

(Actually just timed it, 2 minutes and 33 seconds).

Is there a pretty easy way to update the server with all the fixes you are putting in place? I use the mod launcher for the client, but for some reason my 2016 server does not like it. Copy Pasta the download for the server work fine? (from your link).

In this instance, it's less the server being slow and more that the client needs to load all the files.

What's happening is it's trying to connect to the server, going "I need to receive the XML", recieves it and then starts loading all of the unity bundles.

I made the decision to force the game to load a lot of the extra assets into RAM because it was either that or a TON of lag while playing. The only thing I can recommend to decrease the load time would be to run the game off an NVME drive, but even then it's not exactly fast.

Mod launcher won't work for servers because that's client files, which are COMPLETELY different DLL's to the server build. You could try using a git program to clone the repo and that should keep it up to date.

in a big lab demon zombies shoot through walls till the upper floor

That's because of TFP's AOE/Explosion code. Happens on molotovs, rocket launchers and pipe bombs on the player side too.

AKA: Not fixable until TFP give us a way to stop stuff going through blocks.

Hello again! I come with more bugs/issues. Some of them is probably gamerelated though! (and others are other people's mods I reckon) but mentioning all here!

Windows clients playing on windows dedicated RWG server.

*The survival torch does not emit lights when placed.

*Healing partymember with first aid bandage might nullref and corrupt that players profile file! (happened to me -.- )

*Guppy's shoppingcart car starts bouncing up and down and eventually falls though the world

*The Musclecar also seems to bounce though blocks and damages block, havent seen it happen like the shoppingcart so seems to be "offscreen"

*All Hollowpoint ammo does less damage then their normal brass counterpart, is this intended to compensate for the higher dismember chance?

*Some combinations of vehicle mods (for the 4x4 atleast) seems to be missing and some are listed twice with same ingredients (cant check which one right now, not at home)

*The vehiclemods tooltip say they're crafted in the Metal Workbench, but are made in the vehicle workbench (or whats it called)

*We have had some weird duping issues with vehicles. Bikes have fallen though the world and got stuck a few meters down where they seems to be been duplicated, with inventory and all. Similar thing happened with the 4x4, Suddenly after coming home from a lootrun a Km away, an extra 4x4 stood parked at the base, fuel intact but at 0% health.

*Scavenging seems to be leveling up forever even after 100 skillpoints

*The 100% brasscatcher seems to give more brasscasings then actual fired bullets.

And a question regarding the RWG and the skyscrapers. Are the regular ones still in the mixer? so far we have seen 4 skyscrapers and they have all been the same (probably customprefab) ones which is quite boring compared to the regular ones.

With this said. We're at day 85+ and having a ton of fun. Amazing work done with this mod!

Hello ! Having issue with Hollowpoint ammo , cant load those to guns exept coilrounds and they do stupidly so so low damage that no use to use those. Also have problems with so caled seasoned survivalist they have awfull habit to die without spawning back. Could you give they reason to call them "seasoned" not recruits:D . Thank you exelent mod btw. again.

Hi - im hosting a server with this mod installed on it, and everything works fine - but one of the players, was doing the farmer class quest, and accidentally deleted the quest in her quest window, i tried to give her a new farmer book, but it says she cant read it at this time.. is there anyway to get her the quest back?

Apologies for the delay in replying. Not been feeling to well today so I've been napping a lot.

Hello again! I come with more bugs/issues. Some of them is probably gamerelated though! (and others are other people's mods I reckon) but mentioning all here!

Windows clients playing on windows dedicated RWG server.

*The survival torch does not emit lights when placed.

*Healing partymember with first aid bandage might nullref and corrupt that players profile file! (happened to me -.- )

*Guppy's shoppingcart car starts bouncing up and down and eventually falls though the world

*The Musclecar also seems to bounce though blocks and damages block, havent seen it happen like the shoppingcart so seems to be "offscreen"

*All Hollowpoint ammo does less damage then their normal brass counterpart, is this intended to compensate for the higher dismember chance?

*Some combinations of vehicle mods (for the 4x4 atleast) seems to be missing and some are listed twice with same ingredients (cant check which one right now, not at home)

*The vehiclemods tooltip say they're crafted in the Metal Workbench, but are made in the vehicle workbench (or whats it called)

*We have had some weird duping issues with vehicles. Bikes have fallen though the world and got stuck a few meters down where they seems to be been duplicated, with inventory and all. Similar thing happened with the 4x4, Suddenly after coming home from a lootrun a Km away, an extra 4x4 stood parked at the base, fuel intact but at 0% health.

*Scavenging seems to be leveling up forever even after 100 skillpoints

*The 100% brasscatcher seems to give more brasscasings then actual fired bullets.

And a question regarding the RWG and the skyscrapers. Are the regular ones still in the mixer? so far we have seen 4 skyscrapers and they have all been the same (probably customprefab) ones which is quite boring compared to the regular ones.

With this said. We're at day 85+ and having a ton of fun. Amazing work done with this mod!

1) Survival torch is known and fixed in 2.21 Experimental. Was an incorrect prefab.

2) Healing bandages known issue and ability to heal other players disabled for now, because I have no idea why it's not workng. :D

3) Shopping cart probably needs remaking in unity and the physics fiddling with. Not my model, so not much I can do about it.

4) That's because the car has a huge collider. ;)

5) Yes. HP ammo doing less damage is intended. However, it was WAY lower than intended. Have made it the same as steel-cased ammo for damage.

6) Can you get me a list of what's missing? I'm pretty sure I covered them all. FYI, Turbo and Eco cannot be on the same vehicle... so if that's a missing combo, that's intended.

7) Vehicle mod descriptions I think have been updated in 2.21, though will be given another pass.

8) TFP issue. Has been a thing for god knows how long, especially on servers.

9) Scavenging actually technically doesn't level past 100. But the work around I had to use to get it working on servers (because onSelfLootContainer and onSelfOpenLootContainer don't work on servers... for some stupid reason) means it looks like it continues to level.

10) That's more of an issue with auto weapons than single-shot weapons. I know about it, I just don't want to make the buff have a ton of if-then statements just to get it to work properly. Enjoy the extra brass. :p

Yes the vanilla skyscrapers are still in the mixer.

Hello ! Having issue with Hollowpoint ammo , cant load those to guns exept coilrounds and they do stupidly so so low damage that no use to use those. Also have problems with so caled seasoned survivalist they have awfull habit to die without spawning back. Could you give they reason to call them "seasoned" not recruits:D . Thank you exelent mod btw. again.

HP ammo is fixed in the experimental. It still does less damage than normal ammo, but the same amount as steel cased ammo. The survivor SHOULD be fixed as well, but I need to check.

Also her random despawning should be fixed. And no. She wont respawn where you left her. She's a random biome spawn, not a POI spawn. ;)

Hi - im hosting a server with this mod installed on it, and everything works fine - but one of the players, was doing the farmer class quest, and accidentally deleted the quest in her quest window, i tried to give her a new farmer book, but it says she cant read it at this time.. is there anyway to get her the quest back?

You'd need to find out what quest she deleted and make her an admin so she can run the givequest command to get it back.

Hey Khaine.

Couple of bugs i saw : (maybe vanilla i don't know)

- Mortar and pestle only list 2 recipe but you can actually make a lot more in it if you use the search bar

- 4x4 truck takes a lot more damage than minibike (don't know if it's normal or not)

- When digging holes sometimes there's a texture that's adding there so you think it's ground but you fall through it. Not cool when there's spike down there. I also had this happen to the map where you start at the trader that's between snow and desert biome. In that trader there's a bridge with a river bed (or looks like it). But sometimes, textures add themselves and the river bad is flat (but you will fall through it). Dunno if that's understandable.

- Baby animals tends to disepear a lot (but that may be because i'm in the trader).

- Guards can kill you if you are between them and target.

- Sometimes zombie will sprint (i understood that it's a buff from the football player (?) but sometimes it happens during the night when doing quests and there's no runner in sight).

I think that's all. Not much really. It's pretty stable.

You'd need to find out what quest she deleted and make her an admin so she can run the givequest command to get it back.

I was thinking of that - How do i see the quest ID then? cause i tried to google that without any luck - she was doing the Farmer Class quest.

Hey Khaine.

Couple of bugs i saw : (maybe vanilla i don't know)

- Mortar and pestle only list 2 recipe but you can actually make a lot more in it if you use the search bar

- 4x4 truck takes a lot more damage than minibike (don't know if it's normal or not)

- When digging holes sometimes there's a texture that's adding there so you think it's ground but you fall through it. Not cool when there's spike down there. I also had this happen to the map where you start at the trader that's between snow and desert biome. In that trader there's a bridge with a river bed (or looks like it). But sometimes, textures add themselves and the river bad is flat (but you will fall through it). Dunno if that's understandable.

- Baby animals tends to disepear a lot (but that may be because i'm in the trader).

- Guards can kill you if you are between them and target.

- Sometimes zombie will sprint (i understood that it's a buff from the football player (?) but sometimes it happens during the night when doing quests and there's no runner in sight).

I think that's all. Not much really. It's pretty stable.

1) Will double check the mortar and pestle. Was working for me but may have derped something.

2) 4x4 truck is a vanilla issue. Car had the same issue so I had to massively increase the health to fix it.

3) The texture thing is vanilla too. I know the one you mean, it's super annoying. :D

4) Baby animals should be fixed in experimental. They weren't using a static spawner. Now they do.

5) That's because AI is dumb and will just fire.

6) I'll have to look at that but the new move settings are a right pain in the arse. I believe it can happen if you set the move speed in player options to be higher than the actual max move speed of the zombie.

I was thinking of that - How do i see the quest ID then? cause i tried to google that without any luck - she was doing the Farmer Class quest.

Farmer quest id's are like this.

quest_classtrainingfarmer1

So you need to find out what the last completed quest she did is. Example, if the last completed is quest 2, then she'd do givequest quest_classtrainingfarmer3. :)

Khaine,

Do you know if it is possible that the radiated zone bunker with the Laser Work Bench has a chance not to generate for RWG? I'm running a 10k RWG and uncovered the whole map. Only two radiated zones, one really large the other very small. Been up down sideways back and forth and have not seen the tents for that bunker. I really do not want to admin a bench in:<

Would it still be spawning in the radiated zone like DF-Medium in 2.0?