Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

KhaineGB what is the lowest requirements to run this mod

Cause I tried to play it

And it freaking laggy

I get less than 20FPS!!

And I'm playing on lowest settings :(

My laptop specification

I5 8th generation

8GB of ram

2gb dedicated 930mx nvidia graphics card

Yeeeeeah. That GPU is part of the problem. It's a low-end laptop GPU.

Also the mod is currently absolutely NOT recommended for users with only 8GB RAM. I would try the DFalls-Navezgane map instead of RWG or one of the other maps with only 8GB.

And even then there's no guarantee you'll be able to run it. Only other thing I can suggest is lowering the resolution so it forces the CPU to do more work.

You can also try gfx pp enable 0 in the console.

Should work on any tree. I know it works on basically all of the ones in the forest biome. :)

Right, wire tool.

Tested it. Normal wire tool is working absolutely fine locally. The advanced wire tool does NOT disconnect power for some reason.

I tested it with vanilla and it works fine. With DF still I got the error. May an OSX-Right-Left-Click-Thing??? I never had that.

I compared the xml according to Action 0 and 1 and it's the same. So may you edit something with materials? The error sounds like this.

Edited by narimbur (see edit history)

If it is OS X... then... buggered if I know.

The normal, unmodified wire tool on DF works absolutely fine. It connects and disconnects power. The advanced one is giving me the error you describe on disconnect, but the normal wire tool can disconnect those wires.

That's on Windows 10.

I've got about 1500 hours played with 7d2d, probably not a lot compared to some. I've played every mod out there and even my own. This is by far the best. I'm still playing on the 2.1 DF I started a month ago or so (Only level 150). I'd like to play this out til about level 175 and switch to 2.2.

I rarely die in 7d2d mods and DF is the mod I have racked up the most deaths. I just got my 100 deaths steam achievement and 30 of them are from this mod lol.

I'm a little sad I finally found the bunker with the Laser Workbench, as I know I am about to hit the "What now" part of 7d2d :p

Really nice job on this, thank you for the hours of fun.

First, your mod is awesome!

Second, I'm having an issue where the blood moon horde is just not happening on day 7. And not that there aren't any zombies spawning, the whole day is just not a blood moon day. I have 7 day horde frequency with a range of 0, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any assistance in why this happens and maybe a fix, would be appreciated.

Edited by Asyndic (see edit history)

How do you craft wheels ? there's no receipe Only mechanics can do it ?

Yep, Grease Monkey 1 gives the wheels recipe, which is mechanic only.

You can get them by wrenching the random tyres found in the world too, just like you could in A16. :)

I've got about 1500 hours played with 7d2d, probably not a lot compared to some. I've played every mod out there and even my own. This is by far the best. I'm still playing on the 2.1 DF I started a month ago or so (Only level 150). I'd like to play this out til about level 175 and switch to 2.2.

I rarely die in 7d2d mods and DF is the mod I have racked up the most deaths. I just got my 100 deaths steam achievement and 30 of them are from this mod lol.

I'm a little sad I finally found the bunker with the Laser Workbench, as I know I am about to hit the "What now" part of 7d2d :p

Really nice job on this, thank you for the hours of fun.

Glad you've been enjoying it. :) I've made a few tweaks, so even if you get to that point, there's still "something else" to do in 2.2

First, your mod is awesome!

Second, I'm having an issue where the blood moon horde is just not happening on day 7. And not that there aren't any zombies spawning, the whole day is just not a blood moon day. I have 7 day horde frequency with a range of 0, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any assistance in why this happens and maybe a fix, would be appreciated.

I have a suspicion you might be hitting max zombie limit. It's an issue in 2.2. Living at the trader also adds to it since the game seems to consider the guards to be zombies, even though they aren't.

I do have a potential fix for that in 2.21. However, you can open the console (F1) and type this.

sg MaxSpawnedZombies 100

See if that helps. :)

When horde night is done, run the same command but with either 60 (that's the game default) or 75 to lower the max count as 100 zombies is a bit laggy.

200 is sheer hell. My laptop hates me for testing that.

Loving the mod so far, just wondering though if Im missing something. I installed the mod onto a server and playing with a friend (payed for server, not my own personal one). We are playing and for some reason the trader that we were told to go to for the quest was completely empty, i thought it was just an abandoned one or something so went to another one and its also empty. no guards, no trader, no zombies, completely empty.

Any ideas?

I think I forgot to give the spider a load block, which would be why there's occasional frame dips.

Nope. Not possible to change the keys because it's actually defined in the DLL patch I use to get them working. So that'd be something 308 needs to change. :)

They SHOULD spawn, but it's RWG... so they also might not.

Yep, I derped. Already fixed locally. :)

Yes there is.

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4865,14,4197" rotation="2" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="5358,19,-5412" rotation="3" />

Thank you so much for the detailed response! We are just going to do some off-stream exploring, find the POI's in the random gen world, and then show them off in-stream!

Yep, Grease Monkey 1 gives the wheels recipe, which is mechanic only.

You can get them by wrenching the random tyres found in the world too, just like you could in A16. :)

Glad you've been enjoying it. :) I've made a few tweaks, so even if you get to that point, there's still "something else" to do in 2.2

I have a suspicion you might be hitting max zombie limit. It's an issue in 2.2. Living at the trader also adds to it since the game seems to consider the guards to be zombies, even though they aren't.

I do have a potential fix for that in 2.21. However, you can open the console (F1) and type this.

sg MaxSpawnedZombies 100

See if that helps. :)

When horde night is done, run the same command but with either 60 (that's the game default) or 75 to lower the max count as 100 zombies is a bit laggy.

200 is sheer hell. My laptop hates me for testing that.

So, I did a full re-install of the mod, started a new game and this time didn't build inside the trader as well as used that spawn increase code and day 7 is still not a blood moon. I'm not sure if I should just let it ride and maybe it'll work itself out or if there is something else going on.

Please advise.

Is there an xml file that can change that? Or how would I find out why there are no traders?

Nope. The trader is created by spawn blocks. The only thing I can think of would be to grab the trader prefab files from the server, put them into your single player game (back up the other trader files first) and load them up in the prefab editor to make sure those blocks are there.

They look like battery banks.

Thank you so much for the detailed response! We are just going to do some off-stream exploring, find the POI's in the random gen world, and then show them off in-stream!

Good luck and good hunting. :)

So, I did a full re-install of the mod, started a new game and this time didn't build inside the trader as well as used that spawn increase code and day 7 is still not a blood moon. I'm not sure if I should just let it ride and maybe it'll work itself out or if there is something else going on.

Please advise.

I don't know what else to tell you. When this issue has occured in the past, moving away from the trader has fixed it. Make sure the day is turning red to warn you that you do have a bloodmoon incoming.

Other than that? I have no idea. You're currently the only person with this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I found locked Military scout. Is it useable? If so, how can I unlock it? I was thinking about hitting it until it unlocks, but since it's a vehicle, that doesn't feel like the right way of doing it.

You can totally do that. But it might explode. ;)

Lockpicks.

I don't know what else to tell you. When this issue has occured in the past, moving away from the trader has fixed it. Make sure the day is turning red to warn you that you do have a bloodmoon incoming.

Other than that? I have no idea. You're currently the only person with this issue.

Out of curiosity, how far away from the trader?

Nope. The trader is created by spawn blocks. The only thing I can think of would be to grab the trader prefab files from the server, put them into your single player game (back up the other trader files first) and load them up in the prefab editor to make sure those blocks are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Lockpicks.

Damn, why the hell I didn't think about lockpicks? And I do have some on me right now, thanks! And yeah, that kind of solution leading to explosion may not be exactly what I'm looking for... :p

EDIT:

Grrr. It's not driveable! :(

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Out of curiosity, how far away from the trader?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28839[/ATTACH]Also been seeing these weird artifacts near trader. Looks like the Trader Guard weapons just floating in space.

I usually go 2-3 claim blocks away from the trader and then build... so about 60-70 blocks as that puts you several chunks away.

And yeah, I know about the random floating guns. Doesn't happen all the time. Also have no idea why it's a thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Lockpicks.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction for the trader prefab?

Prefabs folder.

Settlement_Trader_XX

So sent prefab folder over from the server into single player and there are no spawn blocks for the guards on the cat walk (battery banks), but there is a spawn block for where the trader normally is in vanilla, but on the server there is also no npc in that location. the trader prefab is completely empty.

Could I just take the backed up prefab folder from the single player client side and throw it into the server data folder?

You can. I THINK the guard issue is fixed on servers (which is why they were disabled), but it'll work.

So I did that and the guards are now properly spawning, but for some reason the trader and the guard captain does not spawn still, I made sure that the trader and guard captain spawn blocks for the trader and the captain were both inside the trader area in the prefab test but they are not there on the server, but are present on single player prefab test.