Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So i saw my first demon today. I died (not because of it but because radiation) is the demon biome fully radioactive ? or was it a radioactive biome ?

Also is it normal that almost every hit gets me infection even with all points into survival (the things the prevents from infection)

I tried the CCTV. It is really cool ! But how can i move the camera ?

(Also it seems my wife cannot see the screen. It's black. She tried to link Also the same screen to the same camera but it's not working for her. We are not playing on a server btw)

And last question : Best way to find tomatoes ?

Also suggestion :)

Since you added weapons it would be fun to have turrets for all weapon. Even a bluderbuss one that would be horribly bad. But i just love the sound of this weapon ;)

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

1)

Farmer quest id's are like this.

quest_classtrainingfarmer1

So you need to find out what the last completed quest she did is. Example, if the last completed is quest 2, then she'd do givequest quest_classtrainingfarmer3. :)

Thank you - that worked perfectly! :) - Another thing i was wondering, we are playing the Navezgane map - but we havnt managed to find any Titaniu at all anywhere, no ore above or below ground or any scrap titanium either, is it only in random gen you can get titanium?

So i saw my first demon today. I died (not because of it but because radiation) is the demon biome fully radioactive ? or was it a radioactive biome ?

Also is it normal that almost every hit gets me infection even with all points into survival (the things the prevents from infection)

I tried the CCTV. It is really cool ! But how can i move the camera ?

(Also it seems my wife cannot see the screen. It's black. She tried to link Also the same screen to the same camera but it's not working for her. We are not playing on a server btw)

And last question : Best way to find tomatoes ?

Also suggestion :)

Since you added weapons it would be fun to have turrets for all weapon. Even a bluderbuss one that would be horribly bad. But i just love the sound of this weapon ;)

Demons live in the radiated biome, so it's absolutely the biome. :)

Infection is... odd. The skill doesn't prevent it, it just gives you a chance to get rid of it. Demons give you infection 2 though.

CCTV isn't my mod. I think I left a link to the place I got it in the XML, will check later. Might be able to get some answers from that thread.

Tomatos are in the forest biome.

The problem with adding turrets for all weapons is that turrets are auto-fire weapons as standard. So adding say... an AR-15 turret would be pointless since there's already a turret that autofires with 9mm rounds. Same for the combat shotgun and the shotgun turret.

I did add some extra turrets though that take steel ammo and shotgun slugs. :)

Thank you - that worked perfectly! :) - Another thing i was wondering, we are playing the Navezgane map - but we havnt managed to find any Titaniu at all anywhere, no ore above or below ground or any scrap titanium either, is it only in random gen you can get titanium?

Titanium spawns approx 10 rocks above bedrock and on the surface in the wasteland. It should be in nav.

Do I need to play the Darkness Falls map or can I use a random gen?

You can use random gen. :)

About the turret it's more about having use for parts other than selling them. Example if i have 20 AR and no SMG i cannot build a turret which is kind of weird. It's not about the variety but to try to make use of all the things you added.

Food is another example as we can make TONS & TONS of different food & drank but to be honest i'm using the same stuff because there's no point in let's say make bread since it's horribly long to make. But while bread is like the bad example, Drinks are a good thing. Because ok we can find a lot of different fruits but they are all usefull since they all can be crafted to do something good.

Kinda hard to explain in english ;)

But maybe i'll try my luck myself with the turrets. Like if i can do this myself as it's more a personal thing

Thanks for the other answers as always you are very helpfull.

6) Can you get me a list of what's missing? I'm pretty sure I covered them all. FYI, Turbo and Eco cannot be on the same vehicle... so if that's a missing combo, that's intended.

Ah. I think it was the combination turbo and eco mod I was missing the most, but there is armor storage and turbo mods listed twice with the same resources.

But. I just found another rather unpleasant bug

I'm a Mechanic class, and I have unlocked the advanced forge and crucible and steel tools and whatnot.

I crafted a skillbook and multiclassed into laborer too which caused a whole bunch of recipies to have been unlearned :(

Advanced forge, Forged steel, crucible, cementmixer, scrap iron garden hoe and probably others too

Edited by -Holo- (see edit history)

That's because the laborer gets them as part of hammer and forge. It's intended because folks were complaining they could buy the forge ahead perk and advanced forge perks when they didn't need to.

You get up to Hammer and Forge 3 for free from doing the laborer quest.

I see!

Got worried for a brief moment I had gotten my character corrupted again! :D

But while I remember to ask, the vehiclemods, is there a reason why it's not using the regular modslots in the vehicle? Or are they maybe not enabled at all in A17?

Yesterday we dared to enter the radiationzone, and found a demongate. And man was our asses handed to us :D

led to an less then macho night sitting in the middle of a wasteland city huddled up on a small wall hoping nothing would comeby and see us. (all ammo we had was in the bags we were on our way to get back) Great fun! It's so amazing to be uncertain on what to find and encounter again!

I haven't checked yet, but would there be any armor mods that mitigates a bit of the burning damage from their fireballs, it literally ate us up in notime? Asbestos underwear for the win! :D

The radiation pills feel a bit low chance to protect from further radiation. I ate 37 of them (yes I counted) before the buff took :p

Does anyone know how to get Plutonium? apparantly it can only be found in the radiated zone, but we cant stay alive there, so i have no clue how that would be possible to get there? we tried with anti radiation pills + hazmat suit and first aid kits.. with titanium gear for resistence.. and full pain tolerence, still not survivable.. are we doing something wrong or how? - we are playing Navezgane

hello

i survive in the SW radioactive zone:smile-new:

i found 2 bugs....

1: the silencer is not aligned with the coilsniper barrel

2: the advanced wire tool make console error when removed wire

a question: are you remove the solar bank and pannel from trader?

can you add more decorative block like pipe, wood block....

I,m lvl 125 and i cant unlock Technological boost.....why?

thanks and nice mod

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know how to get Plutonium? apparantly it can only be found in the radiated zone, but we cant stay alive there, so i have no clue how that would be possible to get there? we tried with anti radiation pills + hazmat suit and first aid kits.. with titanium gear for resistence.. and full pain tolerence, still not survivable.. are we doing something wrong or how? - we are playing Navezgane

use Hazmat suit to survive in radiated zone and beware fire zombies

Edited by Jeffny (see edit history)

- - - Updated - - -

Then im very confused - is there a specific radiated biom? or is it the border radiation zone?.. we only got border in navezgane.. and hazmat does definately not work there.. it also says it doesnt protect against border radiation zone

I see!

Got worried for a brief moment I had gotten my character corrupted again!

But while I remember to ask, the vehiclemods, is there a reason why it's not using the regular modslots in the vehicle? Or are they maybe not enabled at all in A17?

Yesterday we dared to enter the radiationzone, and found a demongate. And man was our asses handed to us :D

led to an less then macho night sitting in the middle of a wasteland city huddled up on a small wall hoping nothing would comeby and see us. (all ammo we had was in the bags we were on our way to get back) Great fun! It's so amazing to be uncertain on what to find and encounter again!

I haven't checked yet, but would there be any armor mods that mitigates a bit of the burning damage from their fireballs, it literally ate us up in notime? Asbestos underwear for the win! :D

The radiation pills feel a bit low chance to protect from further radiation. I ate 37 of them (yes I counted) before the buff took :p

The mod slots don't work. Vehicles are items and also entities, except the normal stuff that works on entities doesn't work on vehicles... and the normal stuff that works on items doesn't work on vehicles.

Soooooo... this was my workaround. :)

No armor mods that mitigate the damage, but I've added a short "protection" buff to the fire when you drink water to put it out. Also increased the delay between fireballs.

Anti-rad pills are more for curing the radiation, not being immune to it. You want the hazmat suit or power armor for that. I just put the chance on there as an added bonus.

You need the hazmat suit.

The hazmat suit does NOT protect against the radiation zone at the edge of the map so folks can't accidentally yeet themselves into the abyss. ;)

hello

i survive in the SW radioactive zone:smile-new:

i found 2 bugs....

1: the silencer is not aligned with the coilsniper barrel

2: the advanced wire tool make console error when removed wire

a question: are you remove the solar bank and pannel from trader?

can you add more decorative block like pipe, wood block....

I,m lvl 125 and i cant unlock Technological boost.....why?

thanks and nice mod

- - - Updated - - -

1) Use the normal wire tool to disconnect the wire. No idea why it's causing an NRE when it's literally exactly the same code between the two for disconnect... but the normal one works. Haven't fixed it yet, but did disable the disconnect ability to prevent NRE's.

2) Caitlin has the solar bank. You need maxed charismatic nature (civilian only) and better barter to have a CHANCE to get it.

3) You need to level the future tech crafting skill to the point you can make the tech shots and use those to level the tech skills. You don't just buy it.

Not everything in the mod can be purchased with skill points. ;)

Then im very confused - is there a specific radiated biom? or is it the border radiation zone?.. we only got border in navezgane.. and hazmat does definately not work there.. it also says it doesnt protect against border radiation zone

Yes there is a specific rad biome. If you're playing NORMAL nav, you won't have the custom rad biome.

DFalls-Navezgane replaced the border rad biome (and the south west radiated corner) with my radiation biome.

So I'm playing 17.4. Ink now costs black dye, eggs, and honey. It says campfire or oven to make (oven is cheapest on mats). The oven doesn't give craft button for ink. As a side question, why is ink so hard to get now? It was a chore to get all the notes needed, but now we must rely on RNG for black dye as well as ink. This is stone-walling me atm. Mod has been great til this.

Had a strange issue with our advanced forge last night. You could see a flame underneath it and when you clicked on the forge you received an error that "The array is out of bounds" and you could not access the forge or its contents. Had to destroy the forge. Anyone come across this issue??

So I'm playing 17.4. Ink now costs black dye, eggs, and honey. It says campfire or oven to make (oven is cheapest on mats). The oven doesn't give craft button for ink. As a side question, why is ink so hard to get now? It was a chore to get all the notes needed, but now we must rely on RNG for black dye as well as ink. This is stone-walling me atm. Mod has been great til this.

RNG ? Ink is craftable for black dye which is craftable from red, yellow and green dye.

Green dye is made by bottled water and plant fiber => Easy

Yellow dye is made of blue and red dye.

Blue dye is made of snowberries and bottledwater => Easy

Red dye is made of tomatoes and bottledwater => little harder to find but not really hard either.

Then you go and make 4 green, 4 Blue, 8Red into 4 Yellow => 4 black.

This is made in the chemistry station

Then you need eggs (easy) and honey (harder) but buyable for dirt cheap at the trader (i always buy them just in case)

For scrapping notes, the best way i found was to buy books from the trader and scrap then. For 800 which is kinda cheap since it's like 2 weapons to sell.

Hope you have answers