Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Well, I watched some let's play videos but didn't want to watch too much because I wanted to try it myself not really knowing what to do, because I like things that way. But from what I've seen in those videos, my game seems to be 10000 times harder. I don't get it. No matter where I go, I'm always surrounded by super overpowered enemies on fire that always kill me with two hits of flying fireballs. This is during the day time, not night time. Night time itself so far has been the same if not even harder mostly because I can't see anything and the first thing I see is fire and then it's too late to even move. I managed to get inside the house after getting killed at least 5000 times in a row and they found me there too and killed me. Again, I can't see anything because it's already too dark, so it's pretty useless to try to hide too. Getting respawned gets me killed too, that's why it's unplayable for me.

You spawned in the demon biome ?

You spawned in the demon biome ?

I don't know, you tell me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... why the hell are you getting the fireball zombies?

That's not right... I'ma have to check some spawning groups.

Behemots, fire enemies, demonic enemies, feral enemies, those yellow or green glowing enemies, flying succubs, zombie bears and regular zombies, but most of the enemies have more than 1000 hits - impossible to deal with on day one lol

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

yep,sounds like scavenger level to me,all is right,welcome to DF :D

Not sure if you meant that sarcastically, but believe it or not, my difficulty is really scavenger. I'm not kidding, don't get me wrong, I knew this will be a hard mod, but I didn't expect that constant radiation will actually be the smallest problem to deal with with behemots and their dogs (?), hell wolves, fire enemies, demonic enemies, feral enemies, yellow glowing, green glowing enemies, flying succubs, zombie bears and regular zombies and some kind of tall devilish looking enemies constantly at my butt.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

My friends and I just started playing and our first horde night was literally hundreds of zombies. Most radiated, zombie bears, just really crazy stuff. There was no way we could have killed them with bows and arrows. Several had 1000 Hitpoints and regen their health fast. I was the highest lvl at 8. This was day 7. Does this sound right?

Any idea as to whether DF medium RWG has a chance to not spawn in a bunker in the wasteland? Four-ish hours of searching with a mate and we've come up empty handed. I'm just curious as to whether RWG spawns in a minimum amount or can spawn none at all.

Great mod by the way, cheers.

My friends and I just started playing and our first horde night was literally hundreds of zombies. Most radiated, zombie bears, just really crazy stuff. There was no way we could have killed them with bows and arrows. Several had 1000 Hitpoints and regen their health fast. I was the highest lvl at 8. This was day 7. Does this sound right?

How in the hell did you make it that far anyway? I am on day 2 at the moment and what I've been doing most of that time? Well, dying...

How in the hell did you make it that far anyway? I am on day 2 at the moment and what I've been doing most of that time? Well, dying...

The other nights have not been like that, not easy but no where near that first horde night.

I don't know, you tell me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Behemots, fire enemies, demonic enemies, feral enemies, those yellow or green glowing enemies, flying succubs, zombie bears and regular zombies, but most of the enemies have more than 1000 hits - impossible to deal with on day one lol

Yeah, you DEFINITELY spawned in the rad biome.

I recommend using one of the pre-made maps for new players to avoid nonsense like that. RWG is RWG and will literally spawn you in a hell hole. If you use the premade maps, then you learn to recognise the hell hole and can roll a new seed.

Any idea as to whether DF medium RWG has a chance to not spawn in a bunker in the wasteland? Four-ish hours of searching with a mate and we've come up empty handed. I'm just curious as to whether RWG spawns in a minimum amount or can spawn none at all.

Great mod by the way, cheers.

DF-Medium isn't RWG, it's a pre-made map, and yes it does. It has 2.

Actual RWG? That can straight up not spawn stuff because it's RWG. Not a lot I can do about that. But Myth has tweaked it a lot to try and make sure folks get at least 1 of each bunker and 1 caitlin. Still screws up from time to time.

Sounds about right, though the hordes are getting tweaked again, as are gamestages as it's advancing a little quicker than we'd like.

Man. I was driving around looking for "Tents". It's the super store (we call it cheatville). I was avoiding it because of all the loot. So you are saying that somewhere in here is a laser workbench?

NEVERMIIIND found it in the radiated zone :/

So... I managed to escape that hell using buttloads of bedrolls, so every time I got killed, I spawned closer to the trader where I was supposed to get and I finally made it there on day 4... It's somewhere between burnt forest and desert and after the hell I've been through it feels like heaven. If anyone was wondering how many times I actually died on my way there, it was 34 deaths, the last one was a suicide by eating glass because I had the last stage of infection and no antibiotics and Near Death Trauma was a lesser evil at that time. I still had to explore trader's area, sell what I could, sort my inventory a little bit so I spent most of that time doing just that, inside the trader's area. I know it's not that much safe there in Darkness Falls, but I saw the guards there are doing their job pretty well and holy crap they killed A LOT of zombies while I was inside, so I had some nice amount of loot bags to pick up around the area as well. Despite the sh*tty experience I had at beginning (which I obviously didn't let to discourage me), I do like this mod so far and I'm looking forward to see more of it. Hopefully I will be able to get revenge on those a**h*les from hell with 1000+ health points. There must be some kind of effective way of dealing with them, right? :p

sorcery-logo-v08-splash.png

Residents of Darkness Falls, Sorcery is once again fully compatible with DF 2.2 in today's update! :D

v0.8 Alchemy + Mastery Overhaul

NEW: Alchemy Station

NEW: Spinning Wheel

NEW: Enchanted Mortar

NEW: Alchemy Potions

NEW: Alchemy Elixirs

NEW: Alchemy Bombs

NEW: Mastery Quests

NEW: Intro Element Choice

NEW: Intro Spellcasting

NEW: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Omni Arrows

NEW: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Omni Bolts

NEW: Sexier Crafting

NEW: Many additional goodies!

COMPATIBILITY: Ravenhearst 5.4

COMPATIBILITY: Darkness Falls 2.2

New Game Required

This overhaul is the first update to require a new game, but worry not! The intro has been heavily revised to get you started down your path of elemental annihilation with haste! ;)

Download Sorcery

MANUAL: Modlet, Pure XML

You install Sorcery just as you would any other pure XML Modlet. However, I cannot stress enough how horrible your experience will be (no text in-game) if you do not follow these steps of adding the (Localization Text):

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The Sorcery folder only, found within the unzipped Sorcery-master folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery)
  5. Open Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
  6. Copy All Text: CTRL+A then CTRL+C (or right-click: Select All then Copy)
  7. Open Game Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
  8. DELETE OLD SORCERY LOCALIZATION TEXT (if updating from older version): Found at the very bottom of the Localization file, you'll delete the OLD Sorcery Localization Text that you previously pasted in the last update. You can easily detect the start of the text as it is separated by many blank lines and starts with the following text: "SORCERY_START,,LOCALIZATION,,START,,,,,".
  9. Paste Localization: Scroll to the very bottom/end of the main game Localization.txt you just opened. Ensure there is no more text, just blank space. Now create one new blank line by pressing Enter. Then Paste the Sorcery Localization you Copied earlier: CTRL+V (or right-click blank space at the very bottom/end, then: Paste)
  10. Verify & Save: If everything looks good, Save the Localization.txt file: CTRL+S
  11. AWAKEN ESSENCE: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

LAUNCHER: Mod, SDX

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

Hey Khaine!

Short question:

I can not make gas from Oilshale and there is no perk stating that it teaches me how to do it - what do I need to learn for it to unlock? Is it a book (the gas can schematic from creative menu didnt solve the problem)? I thought it might be Science Crafting - but which level of it?

Best,

Preak

Got the error even if I make a leftclick on asphalt, fist see it with switch and bladetrap

OK tested with die advanced wire tool, same error

Mmkay. Very odd. Will poke it.

I have spider nest spawn blocks you're welcome to use... :)

I may take you up on that. :D

So... I managed to escape that hell using buttloads of bedrolls, so every time I got killed, I spawned closer to the trader where I was supposed to get and I finally made it there on day 4... It's somewhere between burnt forest and desert and after the hell I've been through it feels like heaven. If anyone was wondering how many times I actually died on my way there, it was 34 deaths, the last one was a suicide by eating glass because I had the last stage of infection and no antibiotics and Near Death Trauma was a lesser evil at that time. I still had to explore trader's area, sell what I could, sort my inventory a little bit so I spent most of that time doing just that, inside the trader's area. I know it's not that much safe there in Darkness Falls, but I saw the guards there are doing their job pretty well and holy crap they killed A LOT of zombies while I was inside, so I had some nice amount of loot bags to pick up around the area as well. Despite the sh*tty experience I had at beginning (which I obviously didn't let to discourage me), I do like this mod so far and I'm looking forward to see more of it. Hopefully I will be able to get revenge on those a**h*les from hell with 1000+ health points. There must be some kind of effective way of dealing with them, right? :p

Blessed metal mod.

+100% damage to demons. :)

Hey Khaine!

Short question:

I can not make gas from Oilshale and there is no perk stating that it teaches me how to do it - what do I need to learn for it to unlock? Is it a book (the gas can schematic from creative menu didnt solve the problem)? I thought it might be Science Crafting - but which level of it?

Best,

Preak

That is currently a scientist-only perk, which is NOT intended. It will be fixed in 2.21. :) Scientist is supposed to be biofuel only, not all gas gans.

Mmkay. Very odd. Will poke it.

That is currently a scientist-only perk, which is NOT intended. It will be fixed in 2.21. :) Scientist is supposed to be biofuel only, not all gas gans.

Okay, cool - I will just keep giving myself the appropriate amount of Gas from the creative menu until then then as soon as aI have a Chemstation. Thanks!

Oh and how does Tree Sap work? I never ever found a tree that let me get Sap from it by left clicking it with a jar or bowl in my hand. Does it only work on specific (non dead)-Trees? Or am I missing something?

Should work on any tree. I know it works on basically all of the ones in the forest biome. :)

Right, wire tool.

Tested it. Normal wire tool is working absolutely fine locally. The advanced wire tool does NOT disconnect power for some reason.